Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (12705 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel: Well it's a rather bold, wild and arrogant claim to suggest that nobody knows because you do not know.

We don't care about being mocked, just make sure that when you mock others you have a solid foundation that cannot crumble under the onslaught of demands for proof that your position is tenable.

So far , atheists do not seem to have a harmonious stand on issues, some , funny enough , believe in an intelligent designer, some are evolutionists, others naturalists and many just like you , do not give a damn about our existence and future. What a bundle of confusion.

The common thing all atheists have is a hatred for GOD , the same one who sustains their ungrateful selves, just because he demands certain beautiful moral standards from them.

What is this drivel all about?. . .I can not hate your god because he does not exist. . .Men demand that you live your life in a certain way and ascribed it to a god they created out of their imaginations and you want others to follow it?. . . .The moral standards the men that created your religion and god dictated are not even good in some instance. . . .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:

What is this drivel all about?. . .I can not hate your god because he does not exist. . .Men demand that you live your life in a certain way and ascribed it to a god they created out of their imaginations and you want others to follow it?. . . .The moral standards the men that created your religion and god dictated are not even good in some instance. . . .

Another man's drivel is another man's religion, no ? grin

You guys are just hilarious.

Anyways, either answer our questions or leave others to, if you want to ask us questions start another thread if you have the time, otherwise stop answering questions with more questions, which really is a sign that YOU DO NOT KNOW !!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by MrAnony1(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:

I am more interested in your objective evidence that Yahweh alone created the 3 billion DNA letter that defines the bacteria. . .The source code of my computer processor is written by a company called Intel, their signature logo is on it and video evidence of them creating the processor is available for all to see and know that they created it. . .If you can provide me an equal evidence to show that your own god alone created the bacteria then I will understand you know what you are talking about. . .As I said, I want objective evidence that your god alone created the bacteria so that if a muslim tells me that his allah created the bacteria, or if an evolutionist tells me that a bacteria evolved form non living things or came from another planet I will show him the objective evidence you have provided to me and also tell him that he is lying. . .Over to your. . .I am waiting for the objective evidence, I am tired of listening to philosophical ramblings. . .Objective evidence ONLY. . .
Yawn . . . . you are wasting time. You and I both know that the logo of intel is not proof that the source code is a work of design. The source code is a work of design because of it's highly improbable complexity.
If you are not even prepared to entertain the notion that bacteria (whose DNA is much more complex) could even be designed in the first place, and your reason is there is no "branding" or no "video" then you don't have a case and I really can't help you.

The "evidence you are demanding is unreasonable and irrational. It is as bad as me asking you to provide video evidence of evolution or genetic samples from all your ancestors from the bronze age until your immediate parents in order for me to believe that you have ancestors.

When you are ready to employ your reasoning faculties, give me a shout. So far you are just being irrational
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Areaboy2(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
Na wa oh!!! undecided
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Area_boy: Na wa oh!!! undecided

are you surprised.

It is almost impossible to disprove the specially created and rationalised god of anony, he ascribes characteristics to him even beyond what the bible itself says about him....

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yawn . . . . you are wasting time. You and I both know that the logo of intel is not proof that the source code is a work of design. The source code is a work of design because of it's highly improbable complexity.
If you are not even prepared to entertain the notion that bacteria (whose DNA is much more complex) could even be designed in the first place, and your reason is there is no "branding" or no "video" then you don't have a case and I really can't help you.

The "evidence you are demanding is unreasonable and irrational. It is as bad as me asking you to provide video evidence of evolution or genetic samples from all your ancestors from the bronze age until your immediate parents in order for me to believe that you have ancestors.

When you are ready to employ your reasoning faculties, give me a shout. So far you are just being irrational

OK,I agree that a bacteria is designed. . .Can you show me that your god alone designed it and not allah?. . .DNA evidence can be used to trace my family tree, I look very much like my dad who also looks very much like his own dad, that is objective evidence enough for any body that knows me to believe that my dad is my dad because we share a specific trait which is resemblance. . .What specific objective evidence that shows that your god exist in the first place, is what I want. . .Please provide a factual description of your god’s characteristics and abilities so that we can be sure and we(atheists) will know it when we see it, hear its voice or come in contact with it. Try to be as specific as possible to avoid ambiguity. We need to be able to differentiate your god from other god's or other phenomena. Your god intelligently designed the bacteria for what purpose and through what process?. . .How can we objectively know that he alone did it and not a collection of many gods coming together and designing the bacteria?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 1:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje: @cyrexx

Your image SAYS it ALL. . .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/953656_when_inventing_a_god_jpg40af31f6efb0e208cc36b0a7be6dc4f6

what anony fails to realise is that exactly the same argument can be made for Allah, Vishnu and Orunmila.

Just imagine if anony had been a muslim with this ability for mental gymnastics....

grin grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
You'd get a cross of tbaba and mclatunji...

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
cyrexx:

what anony fails to realise is that exactly the same argument can be made for Allah, Vishnu and Orunmila.

Just imagine if anony had been a muslim with this ability for mental gymnastics....

grin grin

That is why I want him to give me SPECIFIC objective evidence to show that his god exist on its own independent of stories and mental imaginations so that we can all know it when we come in contact with it. . .If he can not do that and wants to go down the route of god created everything, then what SPECIFIC evidence can he provide for us to know that his god alone created anything. . .I am tired of philosophical ramblings. . .

The problem with believers is when they are talking with each other, they talk about how good their god has been to them, how he speaks to them, how he takes care of them, provides for them, heals them, comforts them etc . . .But when they are talking with atheist, the conversation changes, ask them how god speaks to them and you hear incoherent ramblings. . .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Areaboy2(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
cyrexx:

are you surprised.

It is almost impossible to disprove the specially created and rationalised god of anony, he ascribes characteristics to him even beyond what the bible itself says about him....

Its unbelievable what the guy is spewing out. undecided

Irrationality upon irrationality, strawman upon strawman, contradictions upon contradictions.

All I can say is Na wa undecided
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Area_boy:

Irrationality upon irrationality, strawman upon strawman, contradictions upon contradictions.

There is a reason they labelled him as Artful Dodger and Master Twister
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Cyrexx, Majaze and co.... una dey craze!!!

I am dying of laughter here!

Anony's tactics are always amusing......Weigraff said it best- Anony's positions chnage every 3-4 threads, remixing the meaning of the bible and god
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
wiegraf:

Hmm, david, my inexplicable scientist, when did the bolded translate to an alternate theory? In what language of stoopid, if you will? I'll be here all day, please show me the intelligence you've deluded yourself into thinking you possess.

As for the other post, last I checked lb was well known for one liners while I'm known for being a verbose blow hard. Yet you now claim our styles are similar. Of course you also call others disingenuous. You can't address the issues? Then it's best to shut up. Stoopidity can't be masked, you will get found out eventually. I would suggest you stop trying to do so with silly antics

have you ever peer-reviewed papers before? My guess would be no. In that case i refuse to debate the issue with someone who obviously has no clue about the scientific process. If interested see me offline and i will show you what normal peer-review comments look like. I've been peer-reviewing for a good 3-4 yrs... its laughable to have to read the ignorant drivel you just put out.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
wiegraf:

Hmm, david, my inexplicable scientist, when did the bolded translate to an alternate theory? In what language of stoopid, if you will? I'll be here all day, please show me the intelligence you've deluded yourself into thinking you possess.

As for the other post, last I checked lb was well known for one liners while I'm known for being a verbose blow hard. Yet you now claim our styles are similar. Of course you also call others disingenuous. You can't address the issues? Then it's best to shut up. Stoopidity can't be masked, you will get found out eventually. I would suggest you stop trying to do so with silly antics

that is quite true. but you fail to see the REAL message i was passing across. LB might do his in one-liners while you might choose to waste energy in a senseless piece of word salad but you both still do the same thing... cluelessly arguing a point from the vantage position of illiterate noise making.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
cyrexx:

grin grin

And don't forget the his divine deliciousness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM).
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
plaetton:

And don't forget the his divine deliciousness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM).

a word coined by your white masters !

follow follow .....
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Area_boy:

but somehow, you and your merry band of purposeless noise-makers troll this section night after night after night to read strawmen? Have you nothing better to do with your time?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

follow follow .....

Ok your your white masters gave you christianity, mine gave the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM).

What's the difference?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

follow follow .....

you expect these minions of deluded whites to figure something out by themselves? That would be the day.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

but somehow, you and your merry band of purposeless noise-makers troll this section night after night after night to read strawmen? Have you nothing better to do with your time?

precisely what they are !

Noise makers who berate others for something which they are actually guilty of .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
plaetton:

Ok your your white masters gave you christianity, mine gave the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM).

What's the difference?

Wrong again and as expected.

Christianity came from the middle east , through the PERSON of Jesus Christ.

FSM is a religion of Pastafarianism , which was invented by the white man for their followers , who are mostly scoffers, mockers and copycat BLACK AFRICANS aka intellectual atheist wannabes.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong again and as expected.

Christianity came from the middle east , through the PERSON of Jesus Christ.

FSM is a religion of Pastafarianism , which was invented by the white man for their followers , who are mostly scoffers, mockers and copycat BLACK AFRICANS aka intellectual atheist wannabes.

So it was the middle easterners who brought you christianity? I cannot believe you ignorance(and am being kind).

So middle eastern missionaries brought christianity to your village?

Can you pls name any of our pioneer middle eastern missionaries?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
@plaetton,

thats why we should properly organise our indigenous religion of Almighty Cassava Stick.

Our Lord and Saviour, Almighty Cassava Stick, is actually the one who created DNA, caused the big b4ng explosion and endowed anony with amazing mental gymnastic abilities.

And nobody can prove me wrong. My faith in ACS shall not be moved you non-believers.

grin grin grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by wiegraf: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

have you ever peer-reviewed papers before? My guess would be no. In that case i refuse to debate the issue with someone who obviously has no clue about the scientific process. If interested see me offline and i will show you what normal peer-review comments look like. I've been peer-reviewing for a good 3-4 yrs... its laughable to have to read the ignorant drivel you just put out.

Just answer the question oh great scientist. In what universe does the bolded in your text translate to providing an alternative theory?

And again, you accuse me of using silly tactics yet you make 2 posts where you do nothing but try to avoid the issue and run away

STOP TRYING TO MASK YOUR STOOPID

You seem bent on misunderstanding the group you're addressing. Again, I hope it's on purpose and not genuine cluelessness after 30000 gaddem posts. Great work there scientist. An appeal to authority from a reputable scientist would still be examined. Even if beyond our capabilities most of us would examine what his peers and what not have say about his ideas, look to see empirical backing to his assertions, his predictions. Let alone claims made by you... Wtf gave you a phd? Really, they let you review papers? Well, all sorts of possibilities could have led to this conundrum, like there really might be a god, but still. And this isn't even a scientific claim my good half wit. This.is.very.simple.common.sense

So again, in what universe does an assessment translate to an alternate theory?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
cyrexx: @plaetton,

thats why we should properly organise our indigenous religion of Almighty Cassava Stick.

Our Lord and Saviour, Almighty Cassava Stick, is actually the one who created DNA, caused the big b4ng explosion and endowed anony with amazing mental gymnastic abilities.

And nobody can prove me wrong. My faith in ACS shall not be moved you non-believers.

grin grin grin
Am telling you man.
I wish we were exporting our indegenous religions to all the heathen nations of the world.
Every country in the world is desperately searchng for renewable energy sources.

I wish our scientific christians can figure out a way to harness the megatons of prayer power Nigeria produces everyday. If we can harness that power, we could export it the rest of the world and become an economic, technological and even military superpower.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 3:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
plaetton:

I wish our scientific christians can figure out a way to harness the megatons of prayer power Nigeria produces everyday. If we can harness that power, we could export it the rest of the world and become an economic, technological and even military superpower.

Some actually believe they can do this, am very serious. . .I have this friend here that completely believes in juju. . .The guy seriously dislikes me for my unbelief, you know how it is when you were a believer and someone tells you things like god does not exist or that satan and juju do not exist, you know the kind of feeling you will get, the kind of feeling of great surprise and disgust. . .It will sound completely stupidddd and senseless to you when some one tells you he does not believe in god or some of the many things you strongly believe in. . .I didn't tell the guy that I do not believe in god, just told him that I do not believe in juju, because he is so ignorantly blind and too superstitious. We had a deal, he told me that I have not meet the right juju and he vowed to go to Nigeria and get a very good juju for me. He told me the usual stories about how he saw people doing this and that and how used juju as a cultist in the university to do so many things in Nigeria. He told me that he has used juju himself and told me how his father and his grand father were great juju men, told me how he gave his friends and relatives juju to use, according to him some even took the juju to Europe and US, he said they did so many things with the juju, got riches . . . .Told me that yahoo boys come to him and he takes them to the baba who gives them the do as I say juju so that what ever they tell their mugu the mugu will obey without complains bla bla bla. . .

We had a deal, I bought a return ticket for him. The deal was for him to go and bring the otomopkoh(juju) as he calls it(He is yoruba). We will go to one of the casinos and use it because he claimed his relatives in italy have used it to make big money through gambling there(he has always wanted to go to naija get the juju and raid all the casinos grin), he also claimed he will come with do as I say juju as well, he will tell people to give him money and they will obey without question, he was so CONFIDENT. He vowed to enter a bank meet the cashier or manager and tell them to give him money, he vowed that who ever he meets in the bank will give him money without questioning him once he uses the do as I say juju. . .He swore heaven and earth that his juju is 100%, he claimed it belongs to their village bla bla bla and cost only 50 thousand naira. . .It was so serious that I just had to engage him out of anger and give him the money. . .He went to Nigeria came back with the juju showed me. We went to the casino in Aalborg. As usual it failed. . .He placed 20 euros and lost, placed another 20 and lost. He tired 5 times in total and lost 100 euros. . .He was genuinely shocked. The next day we went and tried again, he won 180 euros initially but still lost all the money after a few tries. . .

He tried the do as I say on one woman and received the embarrassment of his life. . .But he STILL believe in juju. . .He still does NOT want to believe that juju does NOT work. . .I am VERY serious. . .He still believes that juju is real. . .After wasting my money. . .The stupidddd fooooool still holds unto his mythical juju belief. . .I am still fixated on this juju nonsense. . .Belief is actually stronger than I thought it was. . .You can HARDLY make some one change his/her beliefs. . .This guy saw his juju fail him despite his TOTAL confidence and belief in juju but still find ways to either blame himself or the juju man that gave him the juju, forgetting that he swore heaven and earth to me of how the man's juju has been tired and tested by him before which actually is not true. . .He just heard stories but was telling me that he saw it, he took people there and it worked for them, he said it worked for him too bla bla bla. . .Belief is a very strong thing. . .I am way past all these endless stories, if you make a claim just prove it else shut up. . .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:

Some actually believe they can do this, am very serious. . .I have this friend here that completely believes in juju. . .The guy seriously dislikes me for my unbelief, you know how it is when you were a believer and someone tells you things like god does not exist or that satan and juju do not exist, you know the kind of feeling you will get, the kind of feeling of great surprise and disgust. . .It will sound completely stupidddd and senseless to you when some one tells you he does not believe in god or some of the many things you strongly believe in. . .I didn't tell the guy that I do not believe in god, just told him that I do not believe in juju, because he is so ignorantly blind and too superstitious. We had a deal, he told me that I have not meet the right juju and he vowed to go to Nigeria and get a very good juju for me. He told me the usual stories about how he saw people doing this and that and how used juju as a cultist in the university to do so many things in Nigeria. He told me that he has used juju himself and told me how his father and his grand father were great juju men, told me how he gave his friends and relatives juju to use, according to him some even took the juju to Europe and US, he said they did so many things with the juju, got riches . . . .Told me that yahoo boys come to him and he takes them to the baba who gives them the do as I say juju so that what ever they tell their mugu the mugu will obey without complains bla bla bla. . .

We had a deal, I bought a return ticket for him. The deal was for him to go and bring the otomopkoh(juju) as he calls it(He is yoruba). We will go to one of the casinos and use it because he claimed his relatives in italy have used it to make big money through gambling there(he has always wanted to go to naija get the juju and raid all the casinos grin), he also claimed he will come with do as I say juju as well, he will tell people to give him money and they will obey without question, he was so CONFIDENT. He vowed to enter a bank meet the cashier or manager and tell them to give him money, he vowed that who ever he meets in the bank will give him money without questioning him once he uses the do as I say juju. . .He swore heaven and earth that his juju is 100%, he claimed it belongs to their village bla bla bla and cost only 50 thousand naira. . .It was so serious that I just had to engage him out of anger and give him the money. . .He went to Nigeria came back with the juju showed me. We went to the casino in Aalborg. As usual it failed. . .He placed 20 euros and lost, placed another 20 and lost. He tired 5 times in total and lost 100 euros. . .He was genuinely shocked. The next day we went and tried again, he won 180 euros initially but still lost all the money after a few tries. . .

He tried the do as I say on one woman and received the embarrassment of his life. . .But he STILL believe in juju. . .He still does NOT want to believe that juju does NOT work. . .I am VERY serious. . .He still believes that juju is real. . .After wasting my money. . .The stupidddd fooooool still holds unto his mythical juju belief. . .I am still fixated on this juju nonsense. . .Belief is actually stronger than I thought it was. . .You can HARDLY make some one change his/her beliefs. . .This guy saw his juju fail him despite his TOTAL confidence and belief in juju but still find ways to either blame himself or the juju man that gave him the juju, forgetting that he swore heaven and earth to me of how the man's juju has been tired and tested by him before which actually is not true. . .He just heard stories but was telling me that he saw it, he took people there and it worked for them, he said it worked for him too bla bla bla. . .Belief is a very strong thing. . .I am way past all these endless stories, if you make a claim just prove it else shut up. . .
lmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ages Of Prophets / Audio Messages / Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.