Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (12763 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 18, 2013
ezme:

And what is Christianity/Islam based on? Really how many Christians/muslim can actually explain why dey believe without playing the faith card? If the bulk of the atheist here cannot give answers regarding evolution, does that make Christianity right? Does that really prove anything?

You're either dishonest or quite dull... by definition, christianity is a FAITH... so how can it be playing the faith card?

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 18, 2013
ezme:
Putting faith and atheism in one sentence really got me confused. Do atheists have a common belief system or they just reject the existence of a supreme being as many religion tend to project? What is the basis for the atheist's argument? Is it logic or faith?

this is quite dishonest. Atheists have a COMMON BELIEF SYSTEM - belief in chance as the natural order of life.

The opposite of faith is not logic... so to claim that the atheist, by denouncing faith, is firmly in the logic camp is deluded.

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Bella3(f): 1:34am On Jan 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol bella has turned her guns on me.

I can understand the difficult situation such laughter puts me in but then, would that mean that if anyone or anything ranging from female friends to the amusing antics of your pets made you laugh uncontrollably, you were therefore automatically a couple?
LOL... Na joke johrwink
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 18, 2013
Area_boy:

I dont get you guys! undecided undecided undecided

An atheists starting point from every information or quest for information is "I don't know". Then he works he way up the ladder to get compelling evidence to provide the best fit explanation for the initial quest.

Yours on the other hand Is "I do know and its god". Yet you groom your massive pair of hairy balls just point fingers and cry out "Blind faith"?

For lack of a better phrase.. "Oh dear god!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

There is virtually no difference between no atheist and the christian in that case... since both start from the same point - i dont know. The christian only claims he knows BY FAITH in Jesus Christ. The atheist doesnt know because he chooses to rely on his own fallible nature.

Now lets look at what you said for the atheist. The idea that the atheist claims he doesnt know is actually FALSE... because that would presume that the atheist is actually objectively OPEN to any idea that might provide the truth. In reality, the position of the atheist is - I KNOW IT IS NOT GOD... he then goes around ferreting for just about anything to justify a stance he has already made WITHOUT evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by MrAnony1(m): 1:38am On Jan 18, 2013
BĂ©lla3: LOL... Na joke johrwink
lol I know....I just wanted to turn the joke on you a bit to see how well you deal with it
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by MrAnony1(m): 1:39am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

There is virtually no difference between no atheist and the christian in that case... since both start from the same point - i dont know. The christian only claims he knows BY FAITH in Jesus Christ. The atheist doesnt know because he chooses to rely on his own fallible nature.

Now lets look at what you said for the atheist. The idea that the atheist claims he doesnt know is actually FALSE... because that would presume that the atheist is actually objectively OPEN to any idea that might provide the truth. In reality, the position of the atheist is - I KNOW IT IS NOT GOD... he then goes around ferreting for just about anything to justify a stance he has already made WITHOUT evidence.
Perfect description.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel: Some more questions for our atheists in Nairaland :
5. Do you believe that DNA repair mechanisms, catalytically perfect enzymes, and phenomena such as substrate channeling are best explained by naturalism? If so, why are rational human scientists and engineers so woefully incapable of imitating the precision and complexity of cellular machinery that (presumably) arose via strictly irrational processes?

It is quite amazing that more than 50 yrs after we figured out the DNA code, we are still woefully unable to design anything close to the tiniest enzyme that we take for granted in the body. I was working on a paper today and it is amazing how specific the myriad of enzymes in the body are to the substances that they break down.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

It is quite amazing that more than 50 yrs after we figured out the DNA code, we are still woefully unable to design anything close to the tiniest enzyme that we take for granted in the body. I was working on a paper today and it is amazing how specific the myriad of enzymes in the body are to the substances that they break down.

You didnt figure out the DNA codes. Hard working scientists did- and what do you do? You open your ungrateful, creatard mouth to say that since they couldnt design an enzyme, therefore God.

Creationists always amaze me......
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

Epic fail!

The atheist position is simple; Where is the evidence for God that you claim to know exists?

The theist false replies
-faith
-Sharaap, y0u pove that there is no god (Failure on the part of burden of proof and argument from ignorance)
-We dont know what came before the big bang, therefore God did it (argument from ignorance)
-2.1 billion christians/ 4 billion theists cant be wrong. (argument ad populum)
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 18, 2013
Logicboy03:
You didnt figure out the DNA codes. Hard working scientists did- and what do you do? You open your ungrateful, creatard mouth to say that since they couldnt design an enzyme, therefore God.

Creationists always amaze me......

you just make noise without engaging your brain. The scientists figured out the DNA code... that had always existed for billions of years. Who created it? nature? Then why havent we been able to do so despite our vast knowledge?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Epic fail!

The atheist position is simple; Where is the evidence for God that you claim to know exists?

The theist false replies
-faith
-Sharaap, y0u pove that there is no god (Failure on the part of burden of proof and argument from ignorance)
-We dont know what came before the big bang, therefore God did it (argument from ignorance)
-2.1 billion christians/ 4 billion theists cant be wrong. (argument ad populum)

the atheist position is a simple one - i'll just swap one example of blind faith for another.

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by MrAnony1(m): 2:03am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

the atheist position is a simple one - i'll just swap one example of blind faith for another.
spot on!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

you just make noise without engaging your brain. The scientists figured out the DNA code... that had always existed for billions of years. Who created it? nature? Then why havent we been able to do so despite our vast knowledge?

It would be like a 15th century creationist asking why we arent able to understand flight and replicate it-- why are there no aerpolanes.

The answer is simple; we dont know the exact origin if life- we move from knowledge to more knowledge. Someone discovered the process of evolution another added genetics to prove evolution and another put carbon dating of bones. We build on knowledge

Creatards like you just assume that it has to be created- God of the gaps! You claim that we can not know how the first life came about therefore God....smart scientists dont just plug God and give up..they continue to find answers

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
spot on!

Supporters club!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

What does atheism have to do with faith? What is wrong with you guys?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 2:15am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

The FACT is that god is a man MADE IDEA that was created by MEN that is why we have man different gods and religions. . .I might not know what 1000*34527272 is but I definitely know that it is not 10. . .If you tell me that 1000*34527272 is 10 then be prepared to show me how you arrived at the answer, claiming that I do not know either is dubious and ridiculous because you are the one making the claim. . .I repeat one thing we KNOW for a FACT is that the god idea is man made and all religions were created by men out of their various superstitions. . .That actually has nothing to do with DNA or how men came about in reality. . .How humans came about remains UNKNOWN(That is the FACT). . .If you claim to know then provide evidence for it. . .Saying that your own version of god(out of many others) did is remains a LIE unless if you can substantiate it. . .If you can't substantiate it then why are you making the claim in the first place?. . .Claiming that you know it by faith because some men that lived thousands of years ago, men who believed that humans beings reason with their hearts said so remains ridiculous and stupidddd. . .Provide the evidence or stop making the claim. . .

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

It would be like a 15th century creationist asking why we arent able to understand flight and replicate it-- why are there no aerpolanes.

The answer is simple; we dont know the exact origin if life- we move from knowledge to more knowledge. Someone discovered the process of evolution another added genetics to prove evolution and another put carbon dating of bones. We build on knowledge

Creatards like you just assume that it has to be created- God of the gaps! You claim that we can not know how the first life came about therefore God....smart scientists dont just plug God and give up..they continue to find answers

Actually we are getting very close to the pinnacle of knowledge. We know the DNA code inside out... we've known what proteins were made off for the last 70 yrs, we havent been able to recreate a protein in the lab not because we have little knowledge but because there is just no way to replicate the divine.

Of course feel free to have your head firmly buried in the sands of denial
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

What does atheism have to do with faith? What is wrong with you guys?

Oh a lot... try and think for once.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 2:18am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

Actually we are getting very close to the pinnacle of knowledge. We know the DNA code inside out... we've known what proteins were made off for the last 70 yrs, we havent been able to recreate a protein in the lab not because we have little knowledge but because there is just no way to replicate the divine.

And the DNA is mentioned in what part of the bible?. . .How do words(supposedly Hebrew) create DNA?. . .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:

The FACT is that god is a man MADE IDEA that was created by MEN that is why we have man different gods and religions.

and you have empirical evidence of this "fact" how?

mazaje:
. .I might not know what 1000*34527272 is but I definitely know that it is not 10. . .If you tell me that 1000*34527272 is 10 then be prepared to show me how you arrived at the answer, claiming that I do not know either is dubious and ridiculous because you are the one making the claim.
. .I repeat one thing we KNOW for a FACT is that the god idea is man made and all religions were created by men out of their various superstitions.

And your evidence for this "fact" is that i have not provided to you God's post office box? You sir are a joke.

mazaje:
. .That actually has nothing to do with DNA or how men came about in the reality. . .How humans came about remains UNKNOWN(That is the FACT).

Well you sir are most confused of all. Christians say man was created by God, logicboy, Darwin and Dawkins claim man came on the earth by some magic that can be explained by pseudoscience, you have no idea how man came about? you're on your own.

mazaje:
. .If you claim to know then provide evidence for it.

You have not been paying attention... read your bible and find your evidence there. If you dont believe, it is not for lack of evidence but a conscious choice to ignore it.

mazaje:
. .Saying that your own version of god(out of many others) did is remains a LIE unless if you can substantiate it. . .If you can substantiate it then why are you making the claim in the first place?. . .Claiming that you know it by faith because some men that lived thousands of years ago and believe
humans beings reason with their hearts said so remains ridiculous and stupidddd. . .

I got confused... your point was?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:

And the DNA is mentioned in what part of the bible?. . .How do words(supposedly Hebrew) create DNA?. . .

And i'm sure you have been asking the evolutionists to show you how air created DNA no? Or you're only interested in knocking the bible because of the God-sized hole in your heart?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

Reetard, how would you know the true limits of your knowledge? How would you know what you dont know? Can you see the future? What if we find a way to reduce aging? What if we find the cure to cancer? How do you know that we are at the pinnacle of knowledge?

It seems you are afraid that science is throwing out God and you want scientific advances to peak so that your cognitive dissonance of God working with science will not overload.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Reetard, how would you know the true limits of your knowledge? How would you know what you dont know? Can you see the future? What if we find a way to reduce aging? What if we find the cure to cancer? How do you know that we are at the pinnacle of knowledge?

It seems you are afraid that science is throwing out God and you want scientific advances to peak so that your cognitive dissonance of God working with science will not overload.

As a scientist, why would i be afraid of such a thing? If anything, science is the affirmation that God does exist. If you spent 2 mins reading an anatomy or molecular cell biology book you would never be an atheist.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by MrAnony1(m): 2:35am On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:

The FACT is that god is a man MADE IDEA that was created by MEN that is why we have man different gods and religions. . .I might not know what 1000*34527272 is but I definitely know that it is not 10. . .If you tell me that 1000*34527272 is 10 then be prepared to show me how you arrived at the answer, claiming that I do not know either is dubious and ridiculous because you are the one making the claim.
But what if I am not making the claim that the answer is 10 but I'm only asking you how you know that it is not 10?

I repeat one thing we KNOW for a FACT is that the god idea is man made and all religions were created by men out of their various superstitions. . .That actually has nothing to do with DNA or how men came about in the reality. . .How humans came about remains UNKNOWN(That is the FACT). . .
How exactly do you know this "fact" that God is a man-made idea?

If you claim to know then provide evidence for it. . .Saying that your own version of god(out of many others) did is remains a LIE unless if you can substantiate it. . .If you can substantiate it then why are you making the claim in the first place?. . .Claiming that you know it by faith because some men that lived thousands of years ago, men who believed that humans beings reason with their hearts said so remains ridiculous and stupidddd. . .Provide the evidence or stop making the claim. . .
Would you consider it evidence for intelligent design that the code that defines the bacteria on your keyboard is by far much more complex and advanced than the code that defines the operating system of your computer?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 2:37am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

and you have empirical evidence of this "fact" how?

Here is a list of gods that begin with the alphabet A

Agdistis
Ah Puch
Ahura Mazda
Alberich
Allah
Amaterasu SUN GODS AND GODDESSES
An
Anahita WAR GODS AND GODDESSES
Anansi
Anat
Andvari
Anshar
Anu

Your own god is not even among them. . . .Each culture and civilization created these gods. . .Even your god was a creation of another civilization and culture. . .

And your evidence for this "fact" is that i have not provided to you God's post office box? You sir are a joke.

You can't even provide it because it does not even exist. . .Your god exist only in your imaginations and the imaginations of others like you that have been indoctrinated with that god idea. . .Same goes for alla, anat, andvari,anshar ,anu all all the other countless other gods that people believe in or used to believe in. . .

Well you sir are most confused of all. Christians say man was created by God, logicboy, Darwin and Dawkins claim man came on the earth by some magic that can be explained by pseudoscience, you have no idea how man came about? you're on your own.

The FACT remains NON of you know it as a FACT, you are all giving your hypothesis. . .By the way your own belief isn't your own because it was forced upon you by your parents and their parents before them. . .The idea that your god crteated men came about by the mythical belief and stories made by some ancient jews. . .This we know for a FACT. . .Scientist also have their own hypothesis. . .

You have not been paying attention... read your bible and find your evidence there. If you dont believe, it is not for lack of evidence but a conscious choice to ignore it.

So the evidence that god your own version of god created men is a story written by unknown men about their tribal god speaking things into existence and using sand to create men, eh?. . .So what is the evidence in the bible that god created DNA or my brain?. . .What does the bible give as the evidence of god creating my spinal cord?. . .

I got confused... your point was?

Read it the second time maybe you will understand what I am saying. . .Saying that your own version of god(out of many others) did is remains a LIE unless if you can substantiate it. . .If you can substantiate it then why are you making the claim in the first place?. . .Claiming that you know it by faith because some men that lived thousands of years ago and believe humans beings reason with their hearts said so remains ridiculous and stupidddd. . .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 2:45am On Jan 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
But what if I am not making the claim that the answer is 10 but I'm only asking you how you know that it is not 10?

You are not making a claim that the answer is 10 and you are asking me how I know the answer is not 10?. . .Read at the nonsense you have typed and see if it makes any sense to you. . .Seriously did you just type this?. . .

How exactly do you know this "fact" that God is a man-made idea?

No god can be shown to exist on its own independent of human stories, human culture and human societal acceptance. . .Each culture and civilization creates it own god(s). . .The reason there are so many countless gods is because humans created them. . .God is a human idea and a human creation. .Here is a list of gods that begin with the alphabet A created by different cultures and civilizations. . .

Agdistis
Ah Puch
Ahura Mazda
Alberich
Allah
An
Anansi
Anat
Andvari
Anshar
Anu

Would you consider it evidence for intelligent design that the code that defines the bacteria on your keyboard is by far much more complex and advanced than the code that defines the operating system of your computer?

And the passage and evidence that bacteria was created by your god can be found in which passage and chapter of the bible(his alleged words that humans wrote for him)?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:

Here is a list of god that begin with the alphabet A

Agdistis
Ah Puch
Ahura Mazda
Alberich
Allah
An
Anansi
Anat
Andvari
Anshar
Anu

Your own god is not even among them. . . .Each culture and civilization created this gods. . .Even your god was a creation of another civilization and culture. . .

Ok why dont you move on to the threads of the devotees of those gods and tell them you know for a "fact" he doesnt exist? I made a choice to believe in Christ, i am on a section that explicitly reads "religion"... if you have a problem with God i am sure there are a thousand and one other sections you can be on no?

mazaje:
You can't even provide it because it does not even exist. . .Your god exist only in your imaginations and the imaginations of others like you that have been indoctrinated with that god idea. . .Same goes for alla, anat, andvari,anshar ,anu all all the other countless other gods that people believe in or used to believe in. . .

i am sure you could be engaging in a discourse with "non-indoctrinated" folks like yourself.

mazaje:
The FACT remains NON of you know it as a FACT, you are all giving your hypothesis. . .By the way your own belief isn't your own because it was forced upon you by your parents and their parents before them. . .The idea that your god crteated men came about by the mythical belief and stories made by some ancient jews. . .This we know for a FACT. . .Scientist also have their own hypothesis. . .

and this bothers you why?

mazaje:
So the evidence that god your own version of god created men is a story written by unknown men about their tribal god speaking things into existence and using sand to create men, eh?. . .So what is the evidence in the bible that god created DNA or my brain?. . .What does the bible give as the evidence of god creating my spinal cord?. . .

Ok?

mazaje:
Read it the second time maybe you will understand what I am saying. . .Saying that your own version of god(out of many others) did is remains a LIE unless if you can substantiate it. . .If you can substantiate it then why are you making the claim in the first place?. . .Claiming that you know it by faith because some men that lived thousands of years ago and believe humans beings reason with their hearts said so remains ridiculous and stupidddd. . .

Ok? Dont you think you are preaching to the choir?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by ezme(m): 2:48am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

You're either dishonest or quite dull... by definition, christianity is a FAITH... so how can it be playing the faith card?

I saw from the Child support thread that you lack the ability to control your emotions when trying to make premises, I would not have this debate with you until you show some respect.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by mazaje(m): 2:50am On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 18, 2013
ezme:

I saw from the Child support thread that you lack the ability to control your emotions when trying to make premises, I would not have this debate with you until you show some respect.

That's absolute nonsense... i was measured in my approach with those who were interested in civil discourse. For those who want to act like vagabonds while howling at others to "respect them"... well you can find that "respect" elsewhere. On that same thread, i had a nice convo with many others, so try the character assassination trick again.

To the point of the matter... if you cannot take the heat that your own illogical premise brings... feel free to stay out of the thread. If you are looking for docile christians who allow atheists to just spout off, insult their faith, call their sense of judgement into question while whinning for "respect"... you just entered the wrong thread. Have fun in the jokes section.

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 18, 2013
mazaje:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KayBys8gaJY

hmm and we should care why?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

As a scientist, why would i be afraid of such a thing? If anything, science is the affirmation that God does exist. If you spent 2 mins reading an anatomy or molecular cell biology book you would never be an atheist.

lol....you are not a scientist, you confirmed it when you were caught lying about evolution while claiming to be a biologist!

How caqn science prove God? I can bring you 1000 physics, biology and chemistry textbooks without one mention of god.

Religion and science are separate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

2024: This Year No Gree For Any Devil! / Is The Bible Complete? / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.