Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (12708 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

60,000 known species.

5% of fossils from that 60,000

Do you know how rare it is to find a fossilized animal due to the process of fossilization?

If you had brains you would know that that 5% represents a huge number in terms of the rarity of fossils.

I'll leave you to your stupidity

grin in other words there is no proof just paper filled with guess work? And you are suppose to believe what has been clearly proven? 5% represent a huge evidence to a skeptic who claim to be abslutely sure that there is no god, I see, the deapths of "intelligence" is mind bogging and a wonderment indeed, if fossil records can't be found for the millions of organisms that ever existed it simply shows that those who believe in the theory of evolution simply rely on blind faith! The irony isn't lost! I also leave you bitter and depressed as ever that you have to rely on blind faith to prove evolution has led you into tantrums lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:
Your answers ?

What answers have you provided other than one liners to support copy and paste positions that even you are unsure of , and cannot defend.

Act like an academic , stop this childishness.

An academic would tell you to read about evolution for asking foolish questions like; " If we came from monkeys , how come we still have monkeys around today"

Simple reading of speciaition would answer that question.
^^^
Tne above one line answered your reetarded question

frosbel:
foolish questions only when it suits you , or because you have no plausible explanations , that can be taken seriously.

What an arrant joker you are, expecting others to follow you into your confusion in a state of utter confusion.

Keep saving face, we will soon expose your ignorance in full.

Imagine if I said "why is Jesus such a murderer"

Would that not be a foolish question? Did Jesus murder anyone in the bible?

When someone asks "why has evolution stopped", "why are there no missing links or intermediate fossils" or "why are there still monkeys", it betrays a similar ignorance.

frosbel: Well the bible is the book of JESUS , so what do you want us to do, point to you to a book on Chemistry ,lol

You have a long way to go.

Ode, is that not the freaking point- read the bible to know about Jesus and read about evolution from scientific sources to know about evolution before you talk nonsense about them!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert:

grin in other words there is no proof just paper filled with guess work? And you are suppose to believe what has been clearly proven? 5% represent a huge evidence to a skeptic who claim to be abslutely sure that there is no god, I see, the deapths of "intelligence" is mind bogging and a wonderment indeed, if fossil records can't be found for the millions of organisms that ever existed it simply shows that those who believe in the theory of evolution simply rely on blind faith! The irony isn't lost! I also leave you bitter and depressed as ever that you have to rely on blind faith to prove evolution has led you into tantrums lmao grin grin

I didnt read past that sentence.

Reetard
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Goshen360(m): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
Pastor Kun: My own small kweshun; fossil records show that the crocodile has existed for over 200 million years in it's current form likewise fossil records also show the dragonfly has not evolved in over 400 million years. They have both been in existence long before the dinosaurs and they remain to this date without evolving. My kweshun is why did evolution forget these two species(amongst several others)? Or are they so advanced that they have reached the zenith of evolution

Gbagaun!!! grin Won fe s'ojoro like say them no see your kweshun. Egbon mi, e ma gba fun won o, grin

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
Very few atheists on NL actually know science the problem lies in the loud mouths who rely on blind faith to scientifically prove their position, that is why the resort to insults and childish depression as valid evidence for evolution!

This thread has been disappointing from the answers atheists like logicboy have offered!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

An academic would tell you to read about evolution for asking foolish questions like; " If we came from monkeys , how come we still have monkeys around today"

Simple reading of speciaition would answer that question.
^^^

No, you explain to us this concept of speciation, after all we Christians spend our precious time trying to educate you on your ignorance of religion.

So if we can, why can't you ?

Could it be because you are uncertain, unsure and almost fearful that you could slip and make a fool of your self ?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert: Very few atheists on NL actually know science the problem lies in the loud mouths who rely on blind faith to scientifically prove their position, that is why the resort to insults and childish depression as valid evidence for evolution!

This thread has been disappointing from the answers atheists like logicboy have offered!

grin grin , hahaha to the bolded but true !!

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by debosky(m): 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert:

Paleontologist Donald Prothero noted that this is illustrated by the fact that the number of species known through the fossil record was less than 5% of the number of known living species, suggesting that the number of species known through fossils must be far less than 1% of all the species that have ever lived.

- wikipedia

Maybe in your ignorance only men evolve but evolution speaks of all organism yet hardly 1% of such organism actually have intermediate fossil records, the bible know who the fool is between me and you!

This quote makes no sense - the fact that it takes very unique conditions to achieve fossil preservation is sufficient to explain the relatively small amount of fossils that have been found and has no bearing on the existence or otherwise of 'intermediate' fossil records.

PS - I am not an atheist, but I very much doubt that this thread will achieve much - except give room for some crackpots on both sides to insult each other and show their level of ignorance.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:
No, you explain to us this concept of speciation, after all we Christians spend our precious time trying to educate you on your ignorance of religion.

So if we can, why can't you ?

Could it be because you are uncertain, unsure and almost fearful that you could slip and make a fool of your self ?

1) I already gave a simple explanation of the speciation. If you are too foolish to read further, then there is nothing tha I can do to help you

Logicboy03:

3) Foolish question. We have a common ancestor with monkeys, not that we came from monkeys as such. Speciation. We split apart from this common ancestor as different species.

2) When have you ever tried to teach anyone about religion? Liar! Mr. Copy and paste from united church.

3) I was a christian and I have read the bible. There is little that you or any pentecostal fraud christian can tell me about the bible. Have you read the bible books of Maccabees and Tobit?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
Pastor Kun: My own small kweshun; fossil records show that the crocodile has existed for over 200 million years in it's current form likewise fossil records also show the dragonfly has not evolved in over 400 million years. They have both been in existence long before the dinosaurs and they remain to this date without evolving. My kweshun is why did evolution forget these two species(amongst several others)? Or are they so advanced that they have reached the zenith of evolution

A valid question if you ask me,

But give them some time, they are presently 'crawling' all over the Internet , looking for answers and will shortly be back to rehash some third hand nonsense called logic !

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert: Very few atheists on NL actually know science the problem lies in the loud mouths who rely on blind faith to scientifically prove their position, that is why the resort to insults and childish depression as valid evidence for evolution!

lol....coming from someone that believes in Mohammed fkying on a winged horse to heaven? Is that a scientific claim?

Retardeen. I asnwered your questions and showed you how foolish your statements are but you cant accept the truth.

Even modern muslims and christians support evolution. One cant run away from facts. Your grandchildren will probably see you as a flat-earther of the 21st century
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by debosky(m): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
One more note - if atheists are unable to explain (or the question posers do not accept their explanations) what would have been achieved? Showing atheists don't know what they regard as fact?

Does the inability to explain a fact mean it doesn't hold true?

It seems humiliation is the intent to me - just as atheists (attempt to) do to Christians on NL.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
debosky:
Does the inability to explain a fact mean it doesn't hold true?

depends on what you mean by fact !
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by debosky(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:

depends on what you mean by fact !

Sure - I'm confident we can get bogged down in a detailed discourse on what is required to ascribe 'fact' status to a matter, but let's say I accept your definition of 'fact' - if I am unable to explain it, does that render it 'untrue'?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
Pastor Kun: My own small kweshun; fossil records show that the crocodile has existed for over 200 million years in it's current form likewise fossil records show the dragonfly has not evolved in over 400 million years. They have both been in existence long before the dinosaurs and they remain to this date without evolving. My kweshun is why did evolution forget these two species(amongst several others)? Or are they so advanced that they have reached the zenith of evolution

Why dont you read up on the subject and hear from evolutionary biologists? Science not like religion where you make it up as you go just to defend a belief. lets assume for now , that we are not sure why the crocodile has not evolved for 400 million years, so what? science is not afraid to say " we don't know". Infact, scientific inquiry always start from a state of "we don't know". That we dont know does not mean that we may not find out in the near or distant future.

On the question of the crocodile and the dragon fly: Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of how and why evolution occurs would not surprised at all that a certain number of species can remain in their present state for many eons. Evolution is driven by an impetus to change and survive. Dna Mutations and subsequent evolutionary leaps occur when all the conditions are in place, and also very importantly, when the species is ready for the leap.

If for example, the crocodile, having evolved to its present stage some 400 million yrs ago, has found itself with traits that are optimum for its environment,there might be no compelling impetus for it acquire new traits.

Let me use the evolution of societies and cultures as an analogy to buttress my point.
The main reason that sub-sahara Africa is backward in civilisation is simple. Our thick tropical vegetations isolated us from trade,contacts and conquests from the civilisations of the northern hemisphere.So, no new ideals were flowing into our cultures. We had no impetus at all to change our ways. left alone, we could have remained in primitive state of existence for another million yrs.

But as soon as the Europeans came in, everything changed because they brought in new everything. The European entrance into our society can be likened to a dna mutation and our rapid response to the change can also be likened to an evolutionary leap.

Pls if you are interested in the theory of evolution, take time to study it.

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
debosky:

It seems humiliation is the intent to me - just as atheists (attempt to) do to Christians on NL.

Not sure what you are talking about to be honest, please do not derail.

If you want to convert someone to your opinion or stance is it not fair to ask why and to back it up with factual evidence ?

Where does humiliation come into it, you lost me.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
debosky:

Sure - I'm confident we can get bogged down in a detailed discourse on what is required to ascribe 'fact' status to a matter, but let's say I accept your definition of 'fact' - if I am unable to explain it, does that render it 'untrue'?

I am not asking you to accept my dentition of fact, I can provide evidence for what I believe , discuss it and explain in great detail and leave it at that.

I expect the same from anyone who holds onto another position or belief.

If you cannot explain what you believe in and have to refer me to other source or person , is that not because you are not sure of your fact in the first place , or to be a little lenient, that you do not understand this fact that you hold to be true ?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2013

Is scientific knowledge a requirement for atheism?
So if I am totally ignorant about science, so what?
....Therefore, god is ......?
Do you really understand what atheism is?
I keep reminding you guys that atheism is not a competing religion.
So relax.

I keep asking , why do you guys need atheist to be your science teachers?
What happened to getting an education?

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....coming from someone that believes in Mohammed fkying on a winged horse to heaven? Is that a scientific claim?

Retardeen. I asnwered your questions and showed you how foolish your statements are but you cant accept the truth.

Even modern muslims and christians support evolution. One cant run away from facts. Your grandchildren will probably see you as a flat-earther of the 21st century

The tragedy of blind faith . . .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2013

Another foolish question supported by Goshen and Frosbel

Crocodilian snouts
Although crocodilians were thought of as living fossils for many years, review of their fossil record in the last decade has shown that their snout morphology has been continuously changing throughout evolutionary history.[15] Furthermore, snout and skull morphology seem to be functional adaptations to the selection pressures that crocodilians face from the diet in their environment

As for dragonflies, there are so many species of dragonflies in the first place. Secondly ancient dragonflies were bigger.

All animals evolve, some more than others due to more stable environments.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert:

The tragedy of blind faith . . .

Wow, is that all? What happened? Truth too much for you?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
plaetton:

Is scientific knowledge a requirement for atheism?
So if I am totally ignorant about science, so what?
....There, god is ......?
Do you really understand what atheism is?
I keep reminding you guys that atheism is not a competing religion.
So relax.

I keep asking , why do you guys need atheist to be your science teachers?
What happened to getting an education?

I asked a scientific question, if you don't know science the sane thing to do is say "pass" or I don't know, rather than pretend and quote what you really don't understand, atheism compete with religion? That's a joke right?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by debosky(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:
Not sure what you are talking about to be honest, please do not derail.

If you want to convert someone to your opinion or stance is it not fair to ask why and to back it up with factual evidence ?

Where does humiliation come into it, you lost me.

You are not asking 'unbiased' questions - you are asking loaded questions. You didn't ask a plain question, such as explain your views and thoughts on why you are atheist. You ask questions (like the Pharisees did incidentally) intent on tripping up the person you are questioning.

By your own post you said:

frosbel: Could it be because you are uncertain, unsure and almost fearful that you could slip and make a fool of your self ?

This is self-explanatory - your belief is that NL atheists are uncertain, unsure and likely to make a fool of themselves. By seeking to demonstrate this with this thread, you seek humiliation and don't display an intent to 'win over'.

Apologies if I've derailed, but that's my reading of this thread - a place for non-atheists to 'rejoice' about confounding the atheists and laughing at their inability to answer 'tough' questions.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
debosky:

This quote makes no sense - the fact that it takes very unique conditions to achieve fossil preservation is sufficient to explain the relatively small amount of fossils that have been found and has no bearing on the existence or otherwise of 'intermediate' fossil records.

PS - I am not an atheist, but I very much doubt that this thread will achieve much - except give room for some crackpots on both sides to insult each other and show their level of ignorance.

Truly the thread is fun, but an individual simply used it as an opportunity to practice atheism by blind faith!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert:

I asked a scientific question, if you don't know science the sane thing to do is say "pass" or I don't know, rather than pretend and quote what you really don't understand, atheism compete with religion? That's a joke right?

Lies, lies and more lies.

I will become muslim if you show me what I quoted that I didnt understand!

You asked foolish questions about fossils and even someone who is not an atheist shamed you.

I have not lied or given some false information on this thread.

You theists fail to realise that you are the ones exposing yourselves for the empty suits your are grin grin grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert:

Truly the thread is fun, but an individual simply used it as an opportunity to practice atheism by blind faith!

Show me where I promoted atheism on this thread.

Atheism is not = science.

See the foolishness of some theists?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by debosky(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
One more note - the questions are ostensibly about evolution, not atheism per se, as belief in God and evolution are not necessarily mutually exclusive. It may be better to modify your thread accordingly or ask questions that actually have to do with atheism itself, not just evolution.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Show me where I promoted atheism on this thread.

Atheism is not = science.

See the foolishness of some theists?

You shame Nigeria with your extremely poor comprehension skills . . .
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert:

You shame Nigeria with your extremely poor comprehension skills . . .

Is that all? Harsh truth shut you up?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
debosky:

You are not asking 'unbiased' questions - you are asking loaded questions. You didn't ask a plain question, such as explain your views and thoughts on why you are atheist. You ask questions (like the Pharisees did incidentally) intent on tripping up the person you are questioning.

By your own post you said:

This is self-explanatory - your belief is that NL atheists are uncertain, unsure and likely to make a fool of themselves. By seeking to demonstrate this with this thread, you seek humiliation and don't display an intent to 'win over'.

Apologies if I've derailed, but that's my reading of this thread - a place for non-atheists to 'rejoice' about confounding the atheists and laughing at their inability to answer 'tough' questions.

I am sorry if this is the way you feel !
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
debosky: One more note - the questions are ostensibly about evolution, not atheism per se, as belief in God and evolution are not necessarily mutually exclusive. It may be better to modify your thread accordingly or ask questions that actually have to do with atheism itself, not just evolution.

atheism , evolution and naturalism are all related in one way or the other.

I strongly advice you do not derail if you have no value to add to this thread.

Thank You
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:

I am sorry if this is the way you feel !

grin grin grin

Frosbel the Pharisee!

See how your own dubious thread comes back to bite you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Audio Messages / Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa / What The Bible Say About Sports!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.