Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14769 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
nwando:

Please say it louder
She won't say she hasn't been warned
She can choose to listen to you or the Muslim men luring her into hotel california,a place of unknown outcome
there is truely no difference between you and boko guys. yours is mind terrorist while they are what they are.people like you need to be shipped out of this country to where u all belong. kei we are in trouble in this country
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by harbibi: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
Afam4eva: Firstly, i'll advice you not to label yourself a Christian. It's not everyone that goes to church that is a christian. If you were a Christian, then you'll have no reason being with someone whose belief is at variance with the bible. I'm quoting the bible.
Shikena! Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ziccoit: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!

Islam preaches and supports equity between male and female.

There is nothing like equality. It is an attempt at deception. There is no law whether civil, traditional or religion that can bring equality between male and female.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
doctorbabs: . am telling u religion will neva allow dis country to grow, why are we deceiving ourself as if polyggamy is perculiar to muslims, according to our holy is allow to mary more than one wife but not compulsory, abi whay is essemce of one wife, thousands concubines outside. who is decebong who?. if lady love the muslim guy let her go ahead if she ready to practise his faith or look for broda ezekiel in ur denomination
thanks for your post. the muslims call them kafr and they call them unbelievers. kettle calling pot black. we are in it for a long ride
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
dnawah: Point of correction a church goer dating a moslem.may the Holy spirit slap u front and back,so dat ur eyes will open.4 u to see wat u r doing with the uncircumcise.give Jesus ur life 2day and c 4rm to June u will be happily married.
how can i give my life to human being like me;can Jesus create a life? Stop joining almighty God wit marry son.think with ur head that Jesus was merely messenger to Israelites.SMH for u.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by slye(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
Even the ignorants claim to know sth! you dated a guy and he keeps f**king up and he keeps coming back and begging? you'd better run for ur life! so when you're married nko. will he stop f**king up ? i doubt that. cos we're who we are.
IGNORANTS LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF THIS AND TALK TO HER! !!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ebucha: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
Remind me of the xtain-muslim riot in kaduna in 2000. Was living in kotoko barracks, kaduna. Unfortunately, most ladies taking refuge in the barracks were xtain blinded by love and married to muslim. If he is yoruba, dear he is ok. If he is a northern muslim, u are already a GONA! Also pray to God ,look good n decent always, travel more, u'll surely find a xtain.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
foliks: I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...

I don't know what to do,please what do you advice
my dear dont ever allow anyone to derail you with their reasoning. religion =culture+spirituality. being spiritual has nothing to do with religion but religion has everything to do with culture. check xtianity and u will see its full of roman culture while Islam is full of arabs culture. the spiritual aspect if u check standout the same for all the religions of the world.
dont be cajoled for this is you life and not a dress rehearsal and only can create the reality you want from it not what people tell you.interpretation differs which is why some people study hermeneutics of languages which happen to be the major problem of philosophy(the problem of infinite regression). in the end all that matter is you before you reconnect with everything else (how can you reconnect with everything else if you dont really know hw to create your own reality, the real essence of Christ which is SALVATION, the real wisdom of Muhammad which is SUBMISSION, the real understanding of Buddha which is Enlightment 'the end of suffering'.
please my dear follow your heart
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: how can i give my life to human being like me;can Jesus create a life? Stop joining almighty God wit marry son.think with ur head that Jesus was merely messenger to Israelites.SMH for u.
can u also see you are silly how did u know Muhammad was a prophet, were u there?? how did u know Jesus was a messenger (ohh because your Quran said so), grow up and respect individual way of reasoning and conviction.how are u even sure u are real and existing (can u prove it??)

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
The truth is, its not going to work.. At some point he's gonna marry another wife.... And another, And another. Islam doesn't preach equality between men and women... So when you get married, your gonna become a typical house wife, or a sex slave...And the truth is, at some point one religion is gonna give way for the other. So its your choice... Marry a Christian man and live a life of freedom, or marry a Muslim man, get converted and end up as a slave.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by mutaalim(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
Let respect people view, less abusive words
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Toluwarni: The truth is, its not going to work.. At some point he's gonna marry another wife.... And another, And another. Islam doesn't preach equality between men and women... So when you get married, your gonna become a typical house wife, or a sex slave...And the truth is, at some point one religion is gonna give way for the other. So its your choice... Marry a Christian man and live a life of freedom, or marry a Muslim man, get converted and end up as a slave.
who tell you there is equality in xtianityyour post actually expose that you have never study your bible or you dont understand everything you have been reading. women have been seen has property from time memorial and its peculiar to almost all religions of the world (with each showing different kind of intolerance the female gender). intolerance to female gender is another reason why all religions are seeing as fallacy by some people of the world.
madam/sir read your bible or google it and look for inequalities among genders
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nuzo1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
Go ahead and marry him:

1. If you truely love each other.

2. If you are both Yoruba.

3. If you guys are compatible.

Don't marry him:

1. If he's Hausa.

2. If he lives in the north.

Except you are willing to convert to Islam.

Its your choice.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
beejaay:
can u also see you are silly how did u know Muhammad was a prophet, were u there?? how did u know Jesus was a messenger (ohh because your Quran said so), grow up and respect individual way of reasoning and conviction.how are u even sure u are real and existing (can u prove it??)
prove what mumu
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
I dnt see any tin wrong in u marrying him except he is d type dat carries his religion on his head,i broke up wit d moslem guy i ws dating 2yrs ago becos he said b4 we get married i shuld change my religion and it wsnt as if i was askn him to change,even though i loved him so much then,bt love wasnt enuff,i had sit him down and we trashed it out like adults n we broke up.as for ur ex pls dnt even go there,trust me i ve bin there n done dat,it's beta u move on my Dear.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Temi231(f): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
NO GO AREA
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
beejaay:
who tell you there is equality in xtianityyour post actually expose that you have never study your bible or you dont understand everything you have been reading. women have been seen has property from time memorial and its peculiar to almost all religions of the world (with each showing different kind of intolerance the female gender). intolerance to female gender is another reason why all religions are seeing as fallacy by some people of the world.
madam/sir read your bible or google it and look for inequalities among genders

Its MR. not MADAM.... Got it?
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kingingkinging: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
bunmila:
That christian lady has totally lost her way and needs serious prayers

You picked it from my mouth.

Jesus said What shall it profit a man 'lady' that gains the whole world 'enjoys love in this world' and loses her soul. What will she give in exchange? Painful.

Will the guy accept the sonship of Jesus?
Will the guy accept the Lordship of Jesus?
Will the guy allow you to worship your God in Spirit and Truth as the Father desires it?
Will Love/ Marriage take you to Heaven?

Your salvation is greater than any earthly or terrestrial relationship.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
foliks: I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...

I don't know what to do,please what do you advice
For you to date a muslim and entertain thoughts of marrying him means you are not a christian. That said, if you two love each other, why not?
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: Am a Muslim guy and engaged to Christian lady since there is true love;now she can read and write in Arabic even telling me sometimes to go and pray,OP if you truly loves him and he loves u too pls go ahead of your second dating......
Sorry to burst your bubble, the gurl you are referring to is not a christian but one of the bench warmers.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by olapluto(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
My dear sister, please ignore most of the comments from your fellow Christians here. They are mostly hypocritical. Some of them have denounced/rejected your Christianity. Others have said you're not well yoked, and they dont dress in omellette either. They have been fanatical even to the point of rejection. Such is the unfortunate intolerance amongst some Christians.
I am a product of a Muslim/Christian marriage and I will not advice you against it. You endured 5 years of pain in the hands of your equally yoked Christian, and your fellow Christians are asking you to continue in this pain just to 'preserve your salvation'. You need to sit down and ask where your happiness fits in. Someone said Islam does not treat women right and does not respect women. I will use your story (and mine) as a rebuttal. Your Christian fellows have refused to consider your pains and happiness in their faith appeals. This is never done in Islam. I personally grew up with annoyingly intolerant maternal Uncles and cousins who come to our house and want to 'enforce' Christianity. They ask us to lose our eyes and pray to Jesus even in my dad's presence. The tolerance I learnt from my dad's action is what is helping me to date. You know what you see and like in this Muslim brother. You see his respect for you and your values. The ball is in your court. You do not need to convert to Islam by marrying him. My mother has been married for over 30 years now and is still not a Muslim. While she is closer to Islam than Christianity, no one ever forced a religion on her. She says 'inshaallah', recites suratul fathia, etc, simply because she has seen the work of Allah on her family. In Islam, there is no compulsion. You will see the beauty in it and join because of that. No matter how others try to portray it otherwise, the truth is with those close to Muslims.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Jazzgreen(m): 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: how can i give my life to human being like me;can Jesus create a life? Stop joining almighty God wit marry son.think with ur head that Jesus was merely messenger to Israelites.SMH for u.
this is the kinda tinz dat ur husband wil tel u one day.imagin wen ur husband says this crap to u,YOU BETA BE WISE AND QUIT DAT SH*T. All muslims are the same.jst as dis ÜSELESS one jst said dis ÜSELESS tin,so wil dat ur muslim bf say one day.tink twice i say again.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by mutaalim(m): 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
fem30:
Sorry to burst your bubble, the gurl you are referring to is not a christian but one of the bench warmers.
what is the meaning of bench warmers?

Regards
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Jesus said I and the father are 1,,to have seen me,is to have seen the father, and NO 1 can go 2 d father except tru me.............the book of John confirms that he z God.............
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
GodzBELOVED: 1st Corinthians 7:13-14 >>>> And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her NOT leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband.

1st Corinthians 7: 16>> For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shall save thy husband? Or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

My dear, the only thing you should do now is PRAY. You can't tell if God has destined you both to be together and if God is going to change him through you. You need to ask for God's direction. If God says, ''Go ahead'' then you can. But before u get married, make sure u settle things with him- you're not going to change to another religion so he has to know that. Again, I say unto you, PRAY! Shalom!
Abeg! stop misquoting! IICor 6:14 - 18 and Amos 3:3 says it all! That situation occurs when they were both unbelievers and one party changed.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ghetomum: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
sayso:

at least try writing a sentence.

WOLE SOYINKA THE JUNIOR CORRECT ME OOOO
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2013
fem30:
are u reading the post on ur phone from behind? The gurl was a Christian. Op welcome to the religion of peace.

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Saksreal(f): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
agabasam: Jesus said I and the father are 1,,to have seen me,is to have seen the father, and NO 1 can go 2 d father except tru me.............the book of John confirms that he z God.............
Mark 12:29, "Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is; 'Hear O Israel, the LORD our GOD, the LORD is one".
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by EzePromoe: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
wazobia_for_u: So many people have not learn from others mistake, there are so many people that are living in sadness now because they left what MARRIAGE is for, (LOVE) for another thing ( Money,Fame,Ethnic,Religion,Color) if you ever marry because of this then you are having your marriage attach to something that can not hold you back when fall, is only LOVE that can hold you back.
Its better if you can meet a marriage councellor because many people here will advice you with a bias mind, imagine : davroca16, Eze Promoe, they spoke only on the religion perspective and said nothing about your first BF.
There are many Christian men that marry more than one wives now, some are even pastors, check within your street and your family and also you will see some muslims that never cheated on their wife talkless of having more than one, there are millions of muslim that now smoke and drink alcohol in which there religion forbid it while you see xtian that never taste alcohol before even xtianity permit it to some extent.
My advice for you is that, try to know him very well, if he is the type that carry religion for head (dont marry extremist) but if he has all you want and not decieving you, then hook to him
As for your first BF, the first relationship someone has in his/her life is the Best considering if you are mature by then, and if that relationship fail and full of sorrow, i doubt if the relationship will ever work again because you are now full of experiences and your best was given at first.
Dont be suprise many that advice you to go for something else apart love will go for love if they were in your shoes.

You can attack me and call me atheist, you fools
FYI, and for others who quoted me, I never said anything about bad Islam but lets tell ourselves the truth. Can a woman be an Imam in Islam? No. But a good number of women are pastors in Christianity. A woman has no choice to decide or to be among the law makers in the typical Islam context.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
agabasam: Jesus said I and the father are 1,,to have seen me,is to have seen the father, and NO 1 can go 2 d father except tru me.............the book of John confirms that he z God.............
why is it that we dont understand the scriptures most of us claim to follow(muslims inclusive). Jesus saying I and the father are 1 means u become 1 with the almighty once u are operating on the same wavelength with him.u also become one with God once u are in harmony with nature plain simple (the muslims call it friend of Allah, Buddhist call it NIRVANA). that was why jesus what does it profit a man to gain all the world and losses his soul (he is not talking of material things but telling you that everything u are looking for is already within you, looking for it is like giving your soul away. He also said pe patient like the servant waiting for the arrival of the master) ponder on all this meaning.
the book will guide you (The Power of NOW by Tolle Echkart)
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Sike(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
yuzedo: Gov. Babatunde Fashola = Muslim
Mrs. Abimbola Fashola = Christian

Op, don't you want to be a First Lady in this life??! undecided
First Lady koh, Her Excelency ni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sells Kidney To Buy Engagement-Ring, Gets Dumped / Which Tribe Their Girls Gives The Best Sex? / What I've Learnt Abt Gals Who Claim They Love Big Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.