Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? (12341 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Nobody Will Leave PDP For Opposition - Tukur / INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by naijacann: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2013
@OP
Ribadu/Ngige OR Ngige/Ribadu is the best masterstroke. Why?

See, Igbos and the west normally vote in block for the same candidate.
If u remove an igbo man from the list, you lose the south east and potentially south south.
You need to assure the Igbo vote. ACN govs should garner enough votes for the ticket. There doesn't have to be a Yoruba person there because the govs
should be able to secure the votes, while the tickets works on the Northern and eastern votes.
Rem Easterners voted for GEJ and so the easterners could make a strong appeal to south southerners to support their ticket
You need a fresh blood like Rinbadu and a credible Igbo man like Ngige, to win.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2013
bappahman: Pls without calling me names or insults tell me wat is the worst the so call religious extremist buhari can do as a president dat ppl here don't like him

that is a good question. there are very corrupt people who will rather die than see the man come to power, hence the shameless attempts to label Buhari. With the way some bigoted 40 lappers raise so much alarm, you would think Buhari used chemical weapons on christians when he was in power.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2013
ritux: What is so special about Buhari self. Even when he turns 100, some people will still want him to rule. Yet this same pple will still be the once singing to their kids that they are the leaders of tomorrow.
Well, I have been hearing people on this forum saying Fashola is working but I have never heard of same for any northern state governor. If not for the federal character rubbish that has been put in Nigeria politics by all the political parties, I would have gone for

FASHOLA, AKPABIO and OSHIOMOLE

With any of them as President or Vice.

Oshiomhole can easily win the presidency against Jonathan. Anyone can be his vice. Truth be told.

Ethnicism colours most of the comments here. Buhari is old and should sit for the younger generation to take over.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2013
lagcity: Boo hoo, cry me a river. Nigerians are yearning for "an old bigoted tyrant." Something terrible must have happened! What the heck happened? Jonathan happened.

Even if GEJ perform abysmally as currently being falsely touted by sectional and bought press, Buhari will N-E-V-E-R smell the presidency again till he dies! You can take this to the bank!

There are others who are more presentable than the old bigoted tyrant!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Sagamite(m): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2013
Ribadu/Fashola.

SW - Both are extremely popular.

NE/NW - The Fashola brand might work based on ethics and religion. Ribadu can work based on "our own anyway".

NC - They will merely follow fragmentedly, both being muslims might work negatively.

SS/SE - Might vote for them based on competence, regardless of religion.

Okonjo-Iweala/Ribadu

SW - Both are extremely popular although Okonjo will have to join opposition first.

NE/NW - They might be slaughtered here because the Okonjo approach is too academic.

NC - They will merely follow fragmentedly.

SE - Heavy support.

SS - They will merely follow fragmentedly.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by DeepSight(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2013
miredia: My friend, I resolutely followed your post and the subsequent posts herein. It is unequivocally clear that you had shut your mind to oppositional views prior to inquiring for a public opinion about this subject. Your expectations were fixated and void of
objectivity. Buhari to you, is a sour choice regardless of your mindset being furnished with a contrary view that nullifies the unsubstantiated negating perception accrued to buhari. Leaving nothing merely implied, the supposed fresh minds you subtle suggested are a handful of corrupt characters. Except offcourse a few upright consciences with a radical vision like Fashola and Adams. In this pressing circumstance, nigerians cannot afford to trade necessitated reality with sentiments, sham, tribalism and religious appeal. An executive dispensation that holds the capacity to crush corruption and revamp development can only be presided over by the duo of Buhari/Fashola as both are the only proven characters on the slate. @pointb your exhibition of hatred towards Fash and Buhari is somewhat bogus and resonates from an inherent mindset of tribalism. Snap out of it sir.

Mind you, I personally do not subscribe to a Buhari candidacy - but the thread is not about my personal subscription. The thread is about realistic options for the opposition and in that regard, Buhari may be a liability in terms of securing southern votes.

I concede though, that he will be a good candidate to sweep northern votes. I also concede that he will be good for anti-corruption.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 21, 2013
I don't know why I always feel grossly insulted when people mention Buhari!!! The same Buhari that could not articulate his vision for Nigeria?! And let's not forget he won't have a koboko and the barrel of a gun to whip people into shape this time round angry.

Give me a Ribadu/Oshimole ticket if it can be done and I'd take it any day any time.

Any ticket with Fashola on it will make other regions fret! It wasn't that long ago that Obasanjo ruled, I am certain other regions will wonder why the SW are anxious to get power back so soon and let's not forget the Tinubu baggage.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PastorKun(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2013
PointB: The other reason I maintain it is idiocy to even mute buhari for 2015 is because part of the reason why democracy is yet to take root in Nigeria is because of id.iots such as Buhari who truncated democracy simply because they lacked foresight!

He jumped into the fray with little or no idea about what it takes to rule a country, and ended up creating more political tension than he solved.

Fast forward to recent years, what has buhari 'said' in recent time to show which direction he is going to lead the country if made president. I am not asking for what he has 'done', cos he I haven't heard him done anything other than campaigning during election.

What economic or political idea has buhari proposed with his own words (not some polished manifestoes)? Other than issuing threats of 'dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood' or treathening brimstone and fire if he loses election, pray say, what positive comment has the murderous ex-general ever made concerning his intention for Nigeria.

Let's even assume he intends to fight corruption. The big question is how? What are his plan for fighting corruption, and after that what next?

I rather hear this from the horse's mouth, than from paid agents and AC.N hacks who are only interested in what Tinubu will pay them once he gain unlimited access to the nation's coffers with immunity guaranteed courtesy of his effort in delivery at the ballots.

1,000,000 likes
The blood of all the innocent souls that were murdered as an aftermath of the free and fair 2011 elections due to Buhari heating up the polity with his idiotic, self centred, unguarded and moronic statements would ensure he never realises his evil ambition.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 11:51am On Jan 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

1,000,000 likes
The blood of all the innocent souls that were murdered as an aftermath of the free and fair 2011 elections due to Buhari heating up the polity with his idiotic, self centred, unguarded and moronic statements would ensure he never realises his evil ambition.

And you'rw suppose to be a pastor o, yet a false accuser, are you learning from the scribes and pharisees of old?
So much for religious lot.

3 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by bigass(f): 11:55am On Jan 21, 2013
It is funny that Nigerians are more concerned about the religion of the candidates than state of the country. Why will you prefer a clueless Christian to an action Muslim? If Obama mother had ignored his father because he was a Muslim barrack won't have been born!

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by miredia(m): 11:56am On Jan 21, 2013
PointB:

Not just sad, but utterly shameful, that even those who oppose GEJ decision to appoint old men like Anenih into figure head position such as board chairman, have no qualms nominating a roundly rejected old hack such as buhari to manage a heterogenous and complex system like Nigeria with his antiquated ideology and archaic mentality. It's even more pathetic that the best they could bring up to butress their point was his brutish performance when he ruled by the gun.

A nation replete with young vibrant and idealistic individuals will rather an old bigoted tyrant be chosen to rule them, simply because they foolishly and ignorantly believe he can single handed throw people into jail, in a democracy! Even though such feat solves little or no part of the problem.

But let's take solace in the fact that this state of myopia is only exhibited by small subset of the populace, who will again be roundly defeated at the poll when it matters most.

Let 2015 come upon us.

The ultimate question raised is, what choice do you proffer to galvanize the system?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

1,000,000 likes

My brother don't mind them.

They will never learn. Let them keep deceiving the old murderous bigoted beast to run, until the run him to the grave.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
PointB:

Not just sad, but utterly shameful, that even those who oppose GEJ decision to appoint old men like Anenih into figure head position such as board chairman, have no qualms nominating a roundly rejected old hack such as buhari to manage a heterogenous and complex system like Nigeria with his antiquated ideology and archaic mentality. It's even more pathetic that the best they could bring up to butress their point was his brutish performance when he ruled by the gun.

A nation replete with young vibrant and idealistic individuals will rather an old bigoted tyrant be chosen to rule them, simply because they foolishly and ignorantly believe he can single handed throw people into jail, in a democracy! Even though such feat solves little or no part of the problem.

But let's take solace in the fact that this state of myopia is only exhibited by small subset of the populace, who will again be roundly defeated at the poll when it matters most.

Let 2015 come upon us.

It's so that they can satisfy their desires of throwing a Fashola under him. One even went ahead to advice Buhari to serve one tenure and then hand over to Fashola. The movie sweet sha.

Aside Buhari, the only Nigerian that can win Jonathan/PDP in 2015 is Oshiomhole irrespective of where his deputy comes from. Oshiomhole has nationwide acceptance. If Buhari failed 3ce, i dont doubt a 4th.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
PointB:

Even if GEJ perform abysmally as currently being falsely touted by sectional and bought press, Buhari will N-E-V-E-R smell the presidency again till he dies! You can take this to the bank!

There are others who are more presentable than the old bigoted tyrant!
Only an experienced election rigger can be so sure that Buhari will never be president. If you are part of the PDP rigging machine, I URGE YOU not to press your luck in 2015 because Nigerians are so demoralized right now and have nothing to lose. You know what happens when people have nothing else to lose.

As for your position that there are others who are more presentable, you have not said anything new, genius; there will always be someone more presentable. But presentable to whom? To the corrupt president and his cronies who need to cover their a55es, or to the Nigerian electorate? Nigerians will answer this question clearly in 2015... of course, that's assuming their voices won't be muffled by the uninspiring puppet in Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
miredia: The ultimate question raised is, what choice do you proffer to galvanize the system?

I know the question, I have my answers but I choose not to go into specifics at the moment.

I will however paraphrase. The need for fairness, justice, and equity must be paramount in the choice of a popular (read realistic) president in 2015.

The choice must take into consideration the fact that certain region of the country has produced more presidents than the others; and that currently, there is a fierce contest between the core north and the south east.

In choosing a president in 2015, the political elites must identify that the boko haram terrorism, the Niger Delta militancy, and MASSOB are a creation of perception of inequalities, marginalisation, and religious extremism respectively. The selection of next president must naturally take cognisance of these problems even before the candidates are unveiled.

Buhari may be able to solve the boko haram problem for obvious reason, but how does he intend to solve the possible challenge thrown up by MASSOB or MEND? Gun blazing? Jail? Even at that, he is not the only Northerner who can do that!

It is very simplistic to pop up and throw up a name here and there, but recognising that Nigeria's problem is far more complex than boko haram and corruption is the starting point of picking the next president. PDP as hated and corrupt as they are portrayed always seem able to recognise this and make the right choice.

Again, Fashola or Oshiomole in the midst does not address any of these problems. A very good mix for 2015 should at the very minimal address the need of the SE, Core North, and the Niger Delta. Anything short of this will have the next president chasing shadows!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by JimmyBoy1: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Fashola/Ribadu
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by rasputinn(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
lagcity:
Only an experienced election rigger can be so sure that Buhari will never be president. If you are part of the PDP rigging machine, I URGE YOU not to press your

So if I say Buhari CANNOT win 2015 election,that automatically makes me an election rigger.This is the most unbelievable baloney,malerky and crap I've heard this year.

Where are you from mister?With all of Buhari's anti-democratic baggage,you still see him smelling presidency?well I know the electorate is wiser now,even more than they were in 2011,Buhari is unelectable.Any party that presents that religious bigot and tyrant as their presidential flag bearer would just have comitted political hara kiri
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
emiye: The question is who is the Credible AND popular candidate from the North?
BUHARIIIIIII!!!!!!!!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PastorKun(m): 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
honeric01:

And you'rw suppose to be a pastor o, yet a false accuser, are you learning from the scribes and pharisees of old?
So much for religious lot.

Are you denying the FACT that buhari made irresponsible inciting statements during the period of the election which contributed in motivating some of his moronic supporters to murder innocent Nigerians as an aftermath of the election
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by MahatmaGhandi: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
what i see playing out here for the most part is tribal sentiments and religious bigotry, the question is not the desired candidate of the regions but a realistic and permit me to add viable opposition candidate, one that can be called a Nigerian opposition, not a northern, southern eastern or western opposition, this opposition should be able to match the strength of the 'establishment' blow for blow and virtue for vice, must he be hausa, yoruba, ibo or ijaw, NO !!!!, there are other ethnic groups in Nigeria for God sake, the strength of the pdp is its knowledge of its customer and its ability to be innovative in its effort to satisfy them, first they came with obj and they won, whether flawed election or not, then yaradua and still they won, they brought GOODLUCK and they won again, my guess is they will bring some in 2015 that will appeal to the sentiments of nigerains, this is what the opposition have not been able to do or cannot do because they run a one man show, in the pdp that i know knows that party interest comes first and need i say that they are about the only national party, every other party is regional, if the opposition will stand a chance they have to become national also, let me ask do you think the sultans, the emirs, the obas, the olus , the ovies , the peres and the obis are in the opposition party ?,i laugh in gangnam style if that is your thought, if the opposition will unsit the 'establishment' in 2015 then buhari must take off is turban and swim in the coastal waters of the south , west and the east, gaining their trust in the process, if he cannot, then i am sorry he won’t be president in the nearest foreseeable future,(assuming buhari is the messiah) he must take a good look at mahatma Ghandi;s life and start from there, at least martin Luther king jr and mandela looked at it, lets be real none of the candidate that has been mentioned can unsit the establishment, not in this life, not in the one to come. so you think IBB will allow buhari be president ?, you feel obj will allow buhari be president ?( ya ya I know obj is just one man and same goes for ibb, well these are one men (lol) that can do a lot), come on guys, the opposition must look for their own 'shoeless' candidate. coming to my choice of an opposition candidate, hmmm that is a hard one because even me 'no know', everyone seems to be interconnected, the present opposition consists of ex members of the pdp that will return at any time (ATIKU), this really looks like a long walk to a better nigeria, bottom line is there is no messiah in view, he may be somewhere but definitely not in view but then a Muslim that is not a northerner and a Christian that is a northerner won’t be a bad mix at all.(I may have over looked or over emphasised some points but then this is my honest opinion and stand to be corrected)
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Reelsteel: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Minex007: It is really nice to see the youth engaging themselves in politics and political discussion.What i noticed about your discussion is there still sentimentalism and tribalism.
[b]Yes,Maybe Buhari should go so dat we can bring in sum elite,intelligent,young and dynamic leaders like fashola,El Rufai,Rochas for the change we need.
One thing i know is that there is no man that can face Buhari in the north,I said there is No man that has popularity in the north like Buhari.
There is no other option in the south west like Fashola.
The northerners are facing what we call in politics "Government Shift",The north are no more benefitting from this present administration and they are witnessing hell.
Can anyone tell me if there is any person that make them forget what happened in GEJ Administration with all the killings,political assasinations,insecurity,loss of innocent lives and with the recent attacks on the traditional rulers.The north is doomed and they will do anything for a change of government.Boko Haram is politics in different forms.

My suggestions is for El Rufa'i/Fashola Ticket.Let Buhari and Tinubu be the Political God Fathers while they concentrate on south east south south region ,let them push for the change.

[/b][i][/i][size=8pt][/size]

You see this is why Nigerians will decide to let GEJ remain in Office 2015.
Comments like this "The northerners are facing what we call in politics "Government Shift",The north are no more benefitting from this present administration and they are witnessing hell" makes me wonder.
Nigerian is for everybody who cares what the north is experience, GEJ has failed everybody including his own SS. We need to kick him out of office but making it about the north and comments like this does not reflect the change we need.
Come to think of it some parts of the country have never held this power for once so what is this rant about the north.
People seem to miss the point of this thread, People suggest Buhari/fashola because its a pair deemed possible to sit unseat GEj come 2015.
Yes buhari might be to old with a lot of bigotry and Fashola might be still have tinubu's weight on his shoulders but i think they will make a fierce competition.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by adubiay: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

I honestly dont see the SW ever voting Buhari, even if Tinubu and Fashola both make a personal visit to every house to request such.

Well here is what transpired. As you can see, GEJ won several states in the North - the Middle belt mainly.
Who wins election is not determine by the number of state won. it is by simple majority, provided the candidate has one third in 24 state.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Olaposij(m): 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
fkaz:

Why do you think the middle-belt will vote for jonathan massively again?
Most of them voted jona base on religion and minority issue. Seen jona from a minority part, in nigeria context. But this man has fail in tackling nigeria nightmare, which is corruption.
So nigerian need some one who will tackle corruption and injustice, come 2015 buhari all d way

I don't really care much for GEJ. He has exhausted all the goodwill Nigerians can ever give him.. Don't care much for Buhari too... Don't think Buhari will ever be an improvement over GEJ. Have Ʊ ever heard him say anything intelligent about moving dis country forward.. He only talks about blood, monkeys and baboons.. Ever heard Pat Utomi talk about the economy b4? Doesn't seem like Buhari has any idea about how τ̲̅ȍ move Nigeria forward and if he has, he's not telling us.. As per d middle belt voting buhari, i don't think it will ever happen.. Don't see how the Tivs and Udomas of benue, d beroms of plateau or the tarabians will ever vote buhari.. Not very sure about d kwarans though, they are so used τ̲̅ȍ being teleguided by Olusola Saraki that they'l probably not know wht τ̲̅ȍ do at the next elections.. I think Buhari shld not contest in d next elections, he should find a younger man τ̲̅ȍ support.. Som1 with better appeal τ̲̅ȍ the southerners.. Buharis support 4 any candidate cld definitely be the diff in d elections. But if he contests himself, he's gonna lose...
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by gabbond: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Rotimi Amechi/F[color=#006600][/color]ashola wink
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by mu2sa2: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
All the analyses posted assume there was an election in 2011. But there was none, what we had was rigging. The planned acn/cpc/anpp merger will easily defeat pdp in a free and fair election. Let's hope that in 2015 we dont have a repeat of what we are used to - Billions change hand; INEC declares pdp as winner and tell off the losers to go tribunal; at the tribunal the judges simply rubber stamp the shenanigan with "the election was in substnatial compliance with electoral law." Shikena
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Akpan107(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=Wadeoye][/quote] My dear, i totally disagree with you! Buhari can never win the North completely, as voting for a President has turned into religious divide... Now, 40-45% of people in the North are Christians who would never trust the Buhari presidency...
Here is the list of places Buhari would never win in the North:
Taraba State
Southern Kaduna
Plateau State
Benue State
Kogi State
Kwara State
Adamawa State
while Goodluck will sweep the above States, South-West, South-East and South-South. 2015 no Vecancy in Aso-Rock.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by ManofSteel1: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
A buhari/fashola ticket or a buhari/oshimole ticket will work if tha is what will bring change. the fact is that those saying that buhari is un-electable are blind towards history. its the same way you never believed that nigeria will one day produce suicide bombers. you see its easy for people to refuse to vote someone based on religious and ethnic sentiments if they feel economically confortable. but with the level of unemployment and poverty today, i dont think the average nigerian will care where the candidate is coming from.when frustration is at work, all people want is change. and if they see an individual who can bring that change, they will vote him no matter where he is coming from.look at the protests in ivory coast, the arab spring in libya,tunisia,egypt and now syria etc. a county like ivory coast according to census is divided evenly between muslims and christian(muslims in the north and christians in the south).but we remember how the past president laurent Gbagbo (a christian)woefully lost an election to alsance quattara(a muslim) but refused to step down. both muslims and christins took to the streets demanding Gbagbos removal until he was forcefully overthrown with the aid of french special forces.the fact is that Gbagbos regime was corrupt and poverty and unemployment was rising. the people wanted a change and thats why they voted him out. the new president is performing well. hope nigerians will one day learn from this
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Gloryroad: 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Who will Buhari hand over to? North East Southwest or South South?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Friedbeans: 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
The cabal/establishment can never allow anyone that they view a threat to smell the presidency. They are comfortable with the status quo and will ensure it continues. That is why I believe Jonathan will remain in power beyond 2015 not because Nigerians may elect him, but because the cabal to whom he is their stooge to will rig him in. Ever wonder why the North who "desperately want power" worked against their own (Buhari) even when they knew he was the closest contender to the the presidency. Why empower someone who may turn out to be your doom, I tell you many of these cabals( who indeed are from the North) would have been behind bars if Buhari was the president.
Unfortunately those who voted the man without shoes but not his PDP are pawns, used by these cabals to hold on to milking this nation, at the end, we are the losers while they and their stooge are the winners. You think they are ready to relinquish their victory? [b]For those waiting for the present government to attack corruption, well that will happen when the mouth bites the hand that feed it.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Man of Steel: A buhari/fashola ticket or a buhari/oshimole ticket will work if tha is what will bring change. the fact is that those saying that buhari is un-electable are blind towards history. its the same way you never believed that nigeria will one day produce suicide bombers. you see its easy for people to refuse to vote someone based on religious and ethnic sentiments if they feel economically confortable. but with the level of unemployment and poverty today, i dont think the average nigerian will care where the candidate is coming from.when frustration is at work, all people want is change. and if they see an individual who can bring that change, they will vote him no matter where he is coming from.look at the protests in ivory coast, the arab spring in libya,tunisia,egypt and now syria etc. a county like ivory coast according to census is divided evenly between muslims and christian(muslims in the north and christians in the south).but we remember how the past president laurent Gbagbo (a christian)woefully lost an election to alsance quattara(a muslim) but refused to step down. both muslims and christins took to the streets demanding Gbagbos removal until he was forcefully overthrown with the aid of french special forces.the fact is that Gbagbos regime was corrupt and poverty and unemployment was rising. the people wanted a change and thats why they voted him out. the new president is performing well. hope nigerians will one day learn from this

I am yet to see a more ironic statement. It would do you well to learn some history yourself.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Are you denying the FACT that buhari made irresponsible inciting statements during the period of the election which contributed in motivating some of his moronic supporters to murder innocent Nigerians as an aftermath of the election

Just quote the irresponsible statement rather than spreading false information. it's best you quote him word by word and let the whole public disseminate the "inciting statements" ourselves.

Remember what Jesus said about false accusers?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Demdem(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Fair enough. I had been expecting this suggestion. Took three pages to arrive. Any other Northerners who you think can also be suggested realistically?

El-Rufai is also a good candidate but can he win as much votes than the General. this i doubt. Which means its not realistic enough. Buhari still dwarfs him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign / EndSARS: Lai Mohammed, Federal Govt Silent On Judicial Report / Angola Overtakes Nigeria As Africa's Top Oil Producer After Pipeline Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.