Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (25828 Views)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by neksummi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
Our Geography teacher: Geo's Corner - Before he starts his class everyday, he always wrote some words of wisdom on the right top corner of the blackboard.

Government teacher: Nkrumah. Don't actually know the genesis of the name cos I was a science student.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by mabebe1(f): 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
in js3, we use 2 cal our math teacher *thin police, in ss we cald him-SOHCAHTOA, our geograhy teacher was cald-kpanku while our physics teacher was cald titanic cos he head was shiplike..
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
There was dis econs teacher we called "NOW".He loved dat word lyk hell n always punctuated every darn sentence with it.and there was habitat in js 2.he thot us dat topic 4 a whole term.And mr electrolysis,he thot us dat topic 4 a whole session.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by olu4life(m): 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
LWKMD ooo.. Chai una students wicked o. Well,let me remember too.
Back in primary school days, our Headmaster was nicknamed Short Devil Master cos he had a very short cain and can flog the hell out of u.
We also have one slim teacher [cant remember what she taught],we called her AJAKOLOKOLO, e le sinsin lori cos she did one weird hairstyle to our xmas party.
Secondary school days,our maths teacher was called Mr gay or Herbert Macauley cos his moustache was like that of Herbert Macaulay and his name was Mr Fagboroye.
English teacher was called Onomatopia,never knew why.
CRK called Master cos he is old and also in charge of boys hostel.
Further maths teacher called Mr Hamburger,coined from his name Mr Hambolu or sumtin lyk that sha.
University days,had one Physics lecturer called LAFENWA BRIDGE cos anytime he's explainin,he likes using lafenwa bridge as example and also very local names.
Thats all i remember for now
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by sunky644(m): 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed our Mathematics teacher "Aparo" cos he can wear the same shirt and trousers for three consecutive days.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Jerry2i(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Our agric teacher was nicknamed 'coitus'
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Amakamax(f): 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
anitank: Our teachers had real weird and funny names...
Aunty Aka (hand)

Aunty Ukwu(Leg)

Uncle Egbe(kite)

Uncle Agu(tiger)if this guy flogs u ehh,u'd have memory loss

Aunty Egenti(someone who doesn't hear)

Uncle Iloabanafo (dis one na long tin)

Uncle Abunamaso (don't spit at me)

My favorite was Uncle Jamueze (show me your teeth grin)

And NO, these were not nick names but their real surnames. Can't remember all the subjects they taught jare. Its been a long while

HRC babes
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by doopsy(f): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
My interscience or agric teacher,can't really remember which, was called bastinado...his job function was running after students from the gate to their classes,I used to wonder if he was sane,he could run after the whole school from one point to the other,yoruba teacher miss pepeye.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by PRODUTIM1(m): 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Toppiano: Any Ilesa Grammar School Old student would know:
1. Jeru: He was wearing a belt with JERUSALEM written on the buckle. During class, only the JERU was showing and considering the way he looks, they started calling him JERU that was in mid 80s
2. Mr. Adebiyi (V.P.): We call him ewure (goat) that is what he calls stubborn students grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
yeah! dat was our VP bak then.I think dat is d only 1 I cud rememba very well.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by DrummaBoy(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
We had a teacher on training who could only teach Pythagoras theorem well. When his supervisor was coming he begged us to teach pythagoras again. of course by the end of the day the name stuck... Mr Pythagoras
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by sentix(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
English teacher - Uncle Bee - in his obj question you will always see BEE BEE there - (eventually got a student preg and disappeared)
Geography - Ladder - his catch phrase was 'All of you Cannot Pass'
VP - Pepeye
Physics - Eko - always eating eko and akara
Physical Education - Terminator - He really looked like the terminator
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by GEJPFOOD: 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
sanb: My maths teacher loved the Pythagoras' theorem and couldn’t resist mentioning it during maths lessons. We got so tired of it that we now decided to call him Mr Pythagoras. So one day he was late for his class and we were all wondering out loud where is Mr Pythagoras? One of our class student now came in to inform the class that Mr Pythagoras was on his way but unknown to us, he heard the name and wonder who we were calling Mr Pythagoras? I tell you, that day wasn’t funny and anytime I remember it, I Lol...
LWKMD
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by whiteroses(f): 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reginald Mundy girls high skl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Uncle efo
Sisi pelebe - The skinny male principal
Pass me ajeku - There's an oyinbo girl in our class called serene she told us the intro tech teacher once begged her for sandwich, he wanted to taste wetin oyinbo food be like
Kikigbe - This teacher jokes and sings too much, he'll call any name and start singing e.g lolade oo lolita furo idire kikigbe grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Who can ever forget Mr Adeshina (ansar ud deen ,isolo) known as 'man-dey-shi' dis name was givin to him in recognition of his God giving talent of flogging. This man once slapped a boy,he slept from breaking time to closing time.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by NeuroBoss(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
There was this fine arts teacher that rode an old scooter and produced locally-made tea and the first thing he said is to ask, 'who wants to buy Raspa tea?' so he got the name Raspa. Another got ISAWURU because his name was ISAWUMI( ISAWURU is a specie of snail in Yorubaland). There was also my Geography teacher back then. He was excessively black hence, the name SKIN DUDU. ANGELI ELEGBA ( ANGEL OF CANE) was the name given to Mr Oniyilo our agric teacher because of his lethal strokes.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by buchostags(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
mma agha...sword of war. he has this cane he bends like samurai sword. d man dey cut shaa
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by slimkay83(m): 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mynd_44: I had a Deputy Principal we called Papa Ajasco. His head has the same physical characteristics. Baldness.

We called our Geopgraphy Teacher "Pluto" and our Physics teacher "Vampiro". Dang that guy's face is always squeezed
Are you an ex- SJSS student?
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by GEJPFOOD: 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
Then in special science school, we have this teacher that taught us biology. One day he came in the class, we had a lecture about respiratory system. How the food we eat pass through the throat. And he called the throat oseaphagus. From that day we start to call him mr.oseaphagus.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Slim4blues(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Slim4blues: Garri master cos he loves drinking garri. (Maths teacher)
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by MsPweshy(f): 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lmao
Ogbeche77: Our Physics teacher was 'codenamed' Baygon, anytime he talks, the odour that comes from his mouth can wake a dead cop, if the guy come near u for class,ur own don be
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by giveburns: 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Back in the days at SPCSO, our music teacher was nicknamed Mirinda, an adaptation of the young beautiful daughter of Prospero in Shakespeare's The Tempest, a text we studied at the time under Lamb Tales from Shakespeare. She was a dark, short, apparently very vulnerable, hippy lady. I still don't understand why that lady was thrown in our path at that point considering our peculiar circumstances. She was just one big distraction!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by OmoKhary(f): 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
ichidodo: niger house master. ajayivolvo. cross house master mr balo. chad house, denco. french teacher monseiur capochichi (bon!)
federal government college odogbolu,right?
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
english teacher was MALEKE, d guy thin pass Maleke
geography teacher was THIN BOTTOM WIDE, d guy trouser was big at top, thin at bottom
govt teacher was OBOBO, quarter to albino
agric teacher was SIX, SIX, him like to dey flog 6 strokes of d cane
econs teacher was BASKET OF GARRI, na so so garri him dey use as illustration
maths teacher was HULLABALLO, neva knew dat word existed until he said it
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
If its chichidodo, I presume it to be the beautyful ones are nt yet born!! Chichidodo bird
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by OmoKhary(f): 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
My futher maths teacher was gven "igo welder" bcs of his big glasses,my agric teacher's wife,who taught food & nut was calld "pupayemi" bcs she was fair no no,abnormally white,my biology teacher was cald "ratus ratus" bcs he was really short,my economics teacher was gven "ali and simbi" bcs he wore d shoes ali and simbi wore in our primary school english reader.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Aliyeous(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
My agric teacher was named Red bororo coz ha face red lyk palm oil Intro tech teacher was code named 'short sleeve' coz he was so short dat u culdnt c him wen hes teachin. My maths teacher was named 'big headed man' coz his head was bigga dan his body lol
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by valerie25(f): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
my inter.sci teacher was so busty,we cald her milk industry,my principal is a rev.sister n she was so mean due 2 her white cassock,we cald her white witch,my crs teacher had some kind of 'craw craw' i guess down dia coz he was always scratchin dat side so we cald him scratcher of d balls.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by flakkybee(f): 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
dridowu: JOGS FAMILY Mr Akindele AKA EASY because anytme he solve maths question he will rit below d answer EASY
W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ called him characha
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by angelsing(m): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
so funny...i remember our physics teacher was called Tasere(small body).. Why we called our agric teacher "kunle grind pepper"...he was seen grinding for his wife.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ibis: 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lol grin grin nice thread. I've been laughing since i started reading.
We had a male geography teacher called "aint i sexy" cos of the way he swayed and catwalked when walking.
Our TD teacher was called ebelebo because his stomach used to shake when he walked and his name was Mr. Enilolobo.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Houri(f): 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
Beretta92: There was dis econs teacher we called "NOW".He loved dat word lyk hell n always punctuated every darn sentence with it.and there was habitat in js 2.he thot us dat topic 4 a whole term.And mr electrolysis,he thot us dat topic 4 a whole session.
And this reminds me of 'Tragic Hero' (a student teacher) he taught us that topic for 3wks!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed one my maths teachers arabian monkey. D man ws fair n uuuuuuugly. He ones tld us he wrkd wth an oil company n hd 2 quit cos he ws mistakn 4 a white man n almst gt kidnapped. We never believd hm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Sends Young Groundnut Hawker Back To School (Photos) / What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.