Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,585 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (25844 Views)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Born2beRich1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nick named one of our agric teacher "Young shall grow" becos the man short no be small
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Callimo(m): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
our CRK teacher was seen drinking garri one afternoon and his name became 'Master Atiki' i.e Garri master

'Isi Pawpaw' was given to our intro tech teacher cos his head was just pigoored like paw-paw. grin grin grin
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by KAYD007(m): 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
Profs: My Math teacher is a very tall person so tay if he wan enter any class he go need to bend small and he can flog e.So we nickname am ORIKANCIELING

grin grin
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
Talkin abt nick name mehn, my physics teacher "BROCK" d guy's chest is like 8 in 1 cos of gymin, chemistry teacher "lady pink" there is no day she cum to skul witout avin pink in ar dresin code, and finaly an old man in my primary school dat run like usain bolt we call him "okpodudu" i dnt knw d meanin o, i met student callin him dat way. Bt if d man hear dat name 4rm ur mouth, he will so chase u dat u wont av any where to run to.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by kamez(m): 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
My C.R.K. Teacher in junior secondary was called Paul and Barnabas because she practically taught topics on paul and Barnabas for one full year.. It bcame soooo boring

My chemistry teacher was called OGBANJE by students right to her face because Her Facial make up on daily basis was pure and appliles Mammy Wata runs
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Iceslizer(f): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
bennyraz: This space as been booked till further notice.. For Advert placement, Contact www.nairaland.com/seun

signed:
MGT
OMG Seun is sooo handsome! I thought Seun was a grumpy old man. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by zumarock8(m): 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
mr (AKABA) we fear this man more than the principal, if him catch u the do escaper. ur own don finish
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by odume10: 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
tech college, dark heartless Ghanaian whose was Seth but called him satan he later knew, conc stammering teacher whose name was omini beat up one boy mercilessly whn d principal inquired he said boy him omini aben ,aben = feces.
he succeeded making name without fear.lol
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by dridowu: 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
JOGS FAMILY Mr Akindele AKA EASY because anytme he solve maths question he will rit below d answer EASY
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by nezpablo: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
D only man i could remember vividly was a certain teacher who did nt teach me but he was one d teachers. I could remember cos of his unique feature that made student to call him chimpanzeen! His ears stand erect,narrow head. In fact you will agree with me if u see that he is apes incarnated
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by freecocoa(f): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
My Biology teacher was nicknamed "Enzymes" seems to be the word he loved the most in the world.

Maths was "Mantissa" don't know how he got the name, every student knew him by that.

Our Economics teacher was "Level land" there is no difference between her back and a$$ in shape( except a miracle has happened), her nyash over flat.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
My JSS2 math teacher: Gregory, Gre-Gre (this dude was a very agGREssive man..)
My SS1-SS2 math teacher: Ogunbaba (His name is Ogunsanwo. Awesome man, great teacher. We used to call him Ogunbaba to his face outside school, I still do each time I see him.)
My SS3 math teacher: WAEC board (dude was always giving us questions to solve, both the ones that were on the syllabus and the ones that weren't saying that he's positive that WAEC would bring them out)
My biology teacher: Hips don't lie (this woman's hips na die)
My Agric teacher: Miss Emelika (always catwalking like say we dey send am)
My further maths teacher: Sadist (I only saw this guy smile once...he was always sendless)
My A-levels physics teacher: Bonga fish (This woman was straight up an ironing board, no front, no back)

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ritux: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
During my NYSC days, I taught physics in an all girls school and the students nicknamed me Momentum and Inertia.

But till today, I have not been able to figure out why.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by chikeorji123(m): 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
My principal at school then was nickname 'Commandor' due to his mean nature..brethren l missed that time oo! somethings l will remember l laugh!..
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by yuzedo: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
slimyem: Someone was reading a literature text(can't remember the book) to the class,couldn't pronounce a certain name in it and she helped pronounce it as "Chichidodo".
Anthills of the Savannah? Chinua Achebe...

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Angel778(f): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
English teacher- mr abija because of his bald head. Math teacher- mr agama-agama, because of his thinness and always shakes his head like a lizard while walkng. Acct teacher- iya santos, because even if she put on iro and buba, the woman wil stil put on booth that reaches almost her knees.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Saksreal(f): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
SKYGO... The new teacher has tens of skygo's shirt which he always wore after school.
I couldnt help but wonder if he worked there before
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Slim4blues(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Garri master cos he loves drinking garri. (Maths teacher)
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Cecero(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Our one time Principal = Bamanga
English Teacher in JSS1 = Plural cos of the way she corrected us on how it should be pronounced
English Teacher in SS2 = Mistoo
One woman that thought us Igbo Language = 'Quote me right', she comes to class only to tell stories and will always tell us 'quote me right'
Another English Teacher in SS3 was codenamed 'Uncle F' cos of the way he pronounces words like earth
My Government Teacher = Robocob, he was 2u tall and slim
My CRK Teacher = 'Times 2' he was the labour master and will always come to class to announce that if you fail to show up for manual labour it will be 'double double times 2'

In the university, I can only remember one time HOD who was nicknamed 'nwanyi ocha' cos he always jokes with every lady in class calling them 'nwanyi ocha' i.e. yellow lady, even the ones that are as dark as the night grin
There was also Prof Ukwu I. Ukwu who was codenamed 'Adam Smith' cos of his traditional gray beard
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by AnitaMandy: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
My English teacher was nicknamed aunty 'Second' because she says the word too often in its oral English form. My physics teacher was nicknamed 'Alwaysontime' he comes the window 5mins to his class in there is another teacher in the class and 10mins to his class if it comes immediately after break period. It was so annoying and its not like he sabi teach well well. No wonder i didn't do sciences. Tufiakwa!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by AnitaMandy: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
yuzedo:
No, its 'The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born' its the name the Man's wife called him.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Back den in my sec. Skul,,we av dis agric. Teacher dat always ask us to pay our #1,500 levy cus hes d one in charge of d levy payments...every time ..in d assembly or class he will tax us,,so we named him "ONE-FIVE" meaning #1,500,,wen he learnt abt it..he laughed but will hear am o,,one funny tin..him fellow teachers ma begin cal am d name,,we also gave him d name "ARE YOU WITH ME"..cus hes fond of saying dat wen hes teaching,,,we also called our biology master "CHROMOSOME"..cus he always emphasize on it wen we're treating plant and animal cells......,,,

2 Likes

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by AnitaMandy: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
yuzedo:
No, its Ayi Kwei Armah's 'The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born' its the name the Man's wife called him.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Hoii(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ha! Almost all d teachers in my schul had names o. I attended one of d most notorious schools in Lagos State bak then.. AJANGBADI HIGH SCHOOL, Ajangbadi Afromedia, a lawless jungle. Students beat up teachers & principal at d slightest provocation, only students who are ready 2 learn stay in their classes, others roam abt til closing time, no afternoon assembly cos we(students) ddnt want it, students used 2com 2 school wit matchets, acid, & charms, even policemen 4rm Okoko police station got tired of d schul, govt had 2 close down d schul for 2 mnths, rily terrible schul. Funny enof, we had very brilliant students, i & 3 oda students represented d schul at d Cowbell Mathematics Competition 1999, we came 4th in d whole of Lagos State, even Corona ddnt make it 2d nxt round. My experience there is enof 2 write a book, very interestin schul, i wonder hw i survived there. Names of teachers: Egufe, bruce lee, Geo, Spider man, talan tolo, lalas, i show pepper, okrika, etc

6 Likes

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by mrmiyagi2: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
my mathematics teacher in secondary school, Mr Badewa = Bad Beans

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by vision2050: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
one of the teacher who has a big tummy, very wicked we gave him ""osa eleye"
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by gunner4life(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
[quote
author=Rockcalvary] grin Had this intro tech teacher in js2 we used to
call "boring tools' cos that was the topic he thought us and damn!! was
that guy booooring. I remember waking up during one of his classes and i
was the only one awake. And the guy was still there teaching oh!!!
[/quote]
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by obicentlis: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
slimyem: Ran into one of my secondary school teachers recently and the first thing I remembered about him was what we nicknamed him as then.tongue
He was my Introductory Technology teacher but we had consantly heard rumours he sleeps with some girls in the Intro tech lab so we started calling him "Intro-bosi".tongue "bosi" means ......cheesy
We called him that amongst ourselves for so long but i don't think he ever found out.grin

There was another teacher-female.
Someone was reading a literature text(can't remember the book) to the class,couldn't pronounce a certain name in it and she helped pronounce it as "Chichidodo".It was funny and it became her nickname from that moment.grin

Relive your memories..

At

Its like we went to the same secondary schl.
We also called our maths teacher 'sir q'..... Cos of probability of Q is his favorite topic. Lol
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Slizbeat(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hehehe, this is just one outta many o0.
Our physics teacher in school then used to exchange "period" for "fullstop". When dictating, he would say "period" at the end of a sentence and as gullible as we were, we kept on writing "period" on our books. So when he was marking the books at the end of the term, he kept seeing "period". Mehn it wasnt funny o0, we chop cain taya but at the end, he got the name "PERIOD" from us. grin

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Pringozie02(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
in My time zaki(loin) n one choacholiun
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by misslaw(f): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
startn frm ma v.p we call jm GOODLUCk nd dat because once u get into trouble wit any teachr jst pray he interfr den u re free frm watevr offence...also ma economics teacher we kal hm TOUCH(crazy)
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Ninilowo(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
One agric lecturer was named KOKOSARI cos he had keloid at the back of his head.
We call our agric teacher Mr Efo cos he made us to make vegetable beds

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / Civet Killed Inside LASU, Ojo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.