Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (25839 Views)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed one my math teachers arabian monkey. He alwys tells us he usd 2 wrk wth an oil company n hd 2 quit cos he ws mistakn 4 a white man n almst gt kidnapped. We neva believed hm.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by rophil: 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
We call our economics teacher"ororo" because of his shining head nd our biology teacher"sheri mango"because of his head shape....GREAT USS!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by tobiemichael(m): 12:00am On Jan 23, 2013
My geograpgy teacher then was called odd leg callipers coz of her bow leg

Economics teacher- salako dont knw why though
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by rubi96(f): 12:03am On Jan 23, 2013
my intro tech teacher was nicknamed ologopiopio cos he was too tall to the extent he bends b4 he enters the class. French teacher was je mapple, biz study was 'let us assume', music teacher was 'porden powell' cos he taught us a song dat goes thus, lord porden powell he was a soldier, he used to wear khaki.
So anytime u sing d song, students know he's around.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 23, 2013
ours were:

'wanderers' for our geopgraphy teacher.

'Mendel' for our bio teacher.

'SOHCAHTOA' for our math teacher.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Mynd44: 12:27am On Jan 23, 2013
slimkay83:
Are you an ex- SJSS student?
Yes
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by omowaleola(f): 12:57am On Jan 23, 2013
My English teacher in SS 3 was named 'One-eyed Sunday'. D title of a comprehensive passage in Intensive English because that was the only thing he taught us throughout.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by opetiti: 2:23am On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=slimyem]Ran into one of my secondary school teachers recently and the first thing I remembered about him was what we nicknamed him as then.tongue
He was my Introductory Technology teacher but we had consantly heard rumours he sleeps with some girls in the Intro tech lab so we started calling him "Intro-bosi".tongue "bosi" means ......cheesy
We called him that amongst ourselves for so long but i don't think he ever found out.grin

There was another teacher-female.
Someone was reading a literature text(can't remember the book) to the class,couldn't pronounce a certain name in it and she helped pronounce it as "Chichidodo".It was funny and it became her nickname from that moment.grin

Relive your memories..[/quote did u attend EHS.....
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by norahk: 3:12am On Jan 23, 2013
Slizbeat: Hehehe, this is just one outta many o0.
Our physics teacher in school then used to exchange "period" for "fullstop". When dictating, he would say "period" at the end of a sentence and as gullible as we were, we kept on writing "period" on our books. So when he was marking the books at the end of the term, he kept seeing "period". Mehn it wasnt funny o0, we chop cain taya but at the end, he got the name "PERIOD" from us. grin

Lol
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Solozzo(m): 3:19am On Jan 23, 2013
We used to call our English teacher Mr Tweet, because he spoke English in a white accent and tried to teach us oral English in vain.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by daliki: 4:19am On Jan 23, 2013
smiley grin grin grin grin grin Laughed uncontrollably with tears streaming down my face as I read this thread! OMG tongue
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by gbadaniyi(m): 6:05am On Jan 23, 2013
there is this our teacher that teach physics is called (ijo bele se mi ayo bele se mi) he has a bad leg
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by LeSulk(m): 6:06am On Jan 23, 2013
Called our black yoruba teacher 'AMALA'
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by siobahn: 6:38am On Jan 23, 2013
We had Enyi the boss (maths teacher) because of his teeth
Music teacher - Mozart
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by olusipimp(m): 7:47am On Jan 23, 2013
;Dwe do kal our physics teacher 'wyclef'cos of his bushy hair,my maths teacher'baba major'n also shawama cos d lady 2lepa n lyks shawarma,my yoruba teacher'gbolohun',my intro-tech,mr circle cos he draws circle n ask u 2go in bfor dissecting ur buttocks..2mentn few,al our teacher gat names,is it ajirebi n dts my agric teacher cos he gat bald head n tribal marks n at d same tym eye balls lyk papa ajirebi. ;Dwe do kal our physics teacher 'wyclef'cos of his bushy hair,my maths teacher'baba major'n also shawama cos d lady 2lepa n lyks shawarma,my yoruba teacher'gbolohun',my intro-tech,mr circle cos he draws circle n ask u 2go in bfor dissecting ur buttocks..2mentn few,al our teacher gat names,is it ajirebi n dts my agric teacher cos he gat bald head n tribal marks n at d same tym eye balls lyk papa ajirebi.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by mabebe1(f): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2013
our comp sci teacher was cald uncle titilayo cos of his shovel-like teeth, our agric teacher was cald oko-ri-kproi because of his big 4head, our fine art teacher was cald aunty fishrol n limca
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Bhee(m): 7:54am On Jan 23, 2013
Our maths teacher seem to like takin us on logrithms, so we nicknamed uncle logrithm or simply uncle log! cool
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by kagari: 7:58am On Jan 23, 2013
Saksreal: SKYGO... The new teacher has tens of skygo's shirt which he always wore after school.
I couldnt help but wonder if he worked there before
dis one got me laughing real hard
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by michealade(m): 7:58am On Jan 23, 2013
Mynd_44: I had a Deputy Principal we called Papa Ajasco. His head has the same physical characteristics. Baldness.

We called our Geopgraphy Teacher "Pluto" and our Physics teacher "Vampiro". Dang that guy's face is always squeezed
are u a wesliyan...?
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Stanlyag(m): 8:08am On Jan 23, 2013
In my primary sch,we codenamed our pry 4 teacher 'God who made the earth' cos every morning he conducted devotion he always loved that song no20 from the church hymynary.in my university,anoda man who teaches thermodynamics was nicknamed 'adiaba' cos he dwelt much on adiabatic processes.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Desdola(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2013
My social studies teacher was called 'Ape Man' a name he got after teaching us evolution. My business studies teacher was called Alinco cos he is tall, walk like and resembles d Alinco of Baba Ajasco.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by UjSizzle(f): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2013
There was one who just wouldn't fall for any of the girls trying so hard to seduce him, so we nicknamed him 'ahu ji'(yam body).
Then one womanizer was called 'Randy' from his real name Mr Andy
we had Papa Ajasco for a big bellied man
Anya Ede for a cross-eyed teacher
Black shit for my Ghananian teacher in primary school
Chiakwa the trasher for my vice prinipal who was always shelling and could handle a cane like none other
Bony Structure for my extra thin integrated science teacher
CowBell for the busty home econiomics teacher
Okpolo for my Urban eco lecturer

omo e plenty joorh
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by maggilove(f): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2013
Our Account teacher was named accountion because she wrote it on d board dat way her first day in class, maths teacher was named MAFIA, because he was angry and he said he was a mafia in class,economics teacher was named SEBE( snake) commerce teacher was named Atupa(lantern) because she is fair complexioned and many more.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by nzeasa: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2013
Our Economics teacher back then was nicknamed Far-away-Beauty. whenever this lady is at a distant from you , she looks more beautiful but she is closer to you she looks ugly than never although she is fair.

Our commerce teacher back then was nicknamed according-to-o'level . he earned this named as when ever he came to our class he always used this phrase to reference our WAEC exams.

one of our teacher back then was nicknamed chi-ri-cha-kwa-ya. becos she always gives us waka when we misbehave.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2013
We called our Agric teacher SOKU!
She always used the word 'succulent' in the strangest of ways!
Imagine succulent lips, succulent cane, succulent classroom, today's assembly was very succulent, etc
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by OKOROJAKE: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2013
we called one of our female teachers cow leg because her calf was very big & thick.
And another female one,Agama lizard because of d shape of her head.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 23, 2013
Our bussiness study teacher was nickname... Laugh and bone because he can laugh and also bone withing two seconds, our principal was called ''monti'' (monkey) becos he pronounce it like dat, our music teacher was nickname kweku or xynophone.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by FlyboyZee: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2013
We called our Physics Tutor, "Gold Leaf Electroscope". That was the only thing she taught us in the whole of our SS 2.

Our Chemistry Tutor was nicknamed "Mr. 1sorow" a combination of a corruption of his real name and his ability to deliver sorrow with his cane. His counterpart and GF, our English Tutor was "2sorrow", named after her romance with the former and her no-nonsense stance on students' disciplining.

I'll post others later as this are the ones that came to mind first.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by fumkos: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2013
We called our geography teacher ''Mr Longitude" because of his height and our english teacher ''Mr Bediewo'' because when he wants to flog us, he will be singing 'how many strokes make one bediewo?' and we will be answering 'six strokes make one bediewo' and he always beat our buttocks.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by fgee10(m): 10:57am On Jan 23, 2013
[/color][color=#000099][/color][color=#006600]how can i 4get mr turn ur bak,i say ur bak,turn it?-always wantin 2 flog ur bombomhow can i 4get mr turn ur bak,i say ur bak,turn it?-always wantin 2 flog ur bombomhow can i 4get mr turn ur bak,i say ur bak,turn it?-always wantin 2 flog ur bombom
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Carinaflo(f): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2013
Our maths teacher was nicknamed "sir monkey" because he likes calling students "nwa monkey"( monkey's child). We called our history teacher "scar face" because she is a no nonsence lady, she can flog the devil out of you. Our agric teacher was nicknamed "iron lady" because she is very tall, pretty and she doesnt take a shit from anybody. She likes being in charge. During my NYSC, I taught chemistry in a community school, the students nicknamed me "fine corper" when i asked them why they call me that, they said it's because i always dress like someone that is going for a beauty pageant each time i'm comming to school.....lol.... I really enjoyed my stay with those students,it was very fun
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by EmperorSpecie(m): 11:44am On Jan 23, 2013
My physics teacher bck in d days ws called MR. JULIUS 'BEGGAR'. Omo, d man dy tax students die.
if him call U̶̲̥̅̊ enta lab, mk U̶̲̥̅̊ knw say U̶̲̥̅̊ must drop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / Civet Killed Inside LASU, Ojo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.