Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (25840 Views)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by geezyk(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
This thread funny die... grin been virtually LMAO
My geography teacher was nicknamed NFA,cos u'll always see him with complete sports every morning,and he's also on charge of sports
And my principal then was nicknamed Madam No Regret,cos she doesn't care about any of the students

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Fishoy(f): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ma maths teacher,,,,we named her angel bt she ws d opposite of dat beliv me
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by youngdee168(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
LMAO, Funny thread indeed.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
sanb: My maths teacher loved the Pythagoras' theorem and couldn’t resist mentioning it during maths lessons. We got so tired of it that we now decided to call him Mr Pythagoras. So one day he was late for his class and we were all wondering out loud where is Mr Pythagoras? One of our class student now came in to inform the class that Mr Pythagoras was on his way but unknown to us, he heard the name and wonder who we were calling Mr Pythagoras? I tell you, that day wasn’t funny and anytime I remember it, I Lol...

So Funny. He should've flogged you all
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ganye1: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
yuzedo:
Anthills of the Savannah? Chinua Achebe...
No, the bird chicidodo is in the novel 'The Beautiful Ones Are Not yet Born' by Ayi kwei Ama.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
In pry school, my class teacher was called "JUMBO" cos his fav. song was.....

"Jumbo is an elephant, the biggest of all the creatures,
Thousand pounds of Kenke can never satisfy Jumbo!
Jumbo! oohh Jumbo oooh! Jumbo is an Elephant!

cheesy Memories!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by vision2050: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
osa-eleye, mr.fegbe{shit}very dirty man, motion man e.t.c
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Fairgodwin(m): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
apocalypse: My English teacher had a very peculiar name , his name is Mr Adalumo so it was so natural to call him Mr. Agbalumo.
Then there was our V.P academics who we called "Tiger" cos he had this Ibadan tribal mark on his face , surprisingly though he had an excellent command of English
How can I forget "piper", he earned that name cos he was always using a pipe to beat students.
Sorry, was this school in any way Keke High School?
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by samnugba(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
my JSS mathematics teacher was codenamed, SLEEP! whenever he was coming to class, you can hear him as far as 5classes away chanting 'gbo ori e l'aga(put your heads on your tables) ko sun, sleep!' and he can beat the demon outta you, he knows the anatomy of the body so well that where the strokes of his "pankere" will fall on your body will be "on point".meanwhile his real name is mr. ademola.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by obicentlis: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
yuzedo:
Anthills of the Savannah? Chinua Achebe...

Beautiful ones are not yet born!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Environmental physiology lecturer's.......Name.............Above the sea level

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by BeraBera(f): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
In Primary School, we nicknamed one "Aunty Wicked" because she flogged mercilessly

In secondary schhol, we named one Sir "You Goat" because he always called students "hey you goat!"

Our male Maths teacher was named "Face the wall" because he always askes us to face the wall whenever he wants to flog our boottom. Same person was also called "Sir ma guy" cos he calls his fellow teachers "ma guy/ my guy"

Our female maths teacher was called "Aunty Log" because of the topic logarithm/ log. When she taught us set theorem and got to "null set" we were calling null set "nonesense" instead of "null set". And the thing irritated her like mad.

In the University, we had one pinchumick (smallish) Professor called "Anu Ojoo" (bad meat) or "Anu kporonku na-eju onu" (dry meat that fills the mouth) because he flogs students. Imagine flogging university students.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by samnugba(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
Then my SSS1 class teacher, mr. bankole, damn! this man could really get on your nerves with his unnecessarILITIES. Actually a dude, my classmate then, Femi, gave him FIRE-FOR-FIRE, which was then modified for easy coding as FIRE-FIRE! it happened that this our class teacher will always say, I WILL FAYA(fire) you,which translates to flogging you still you accept that Jesus Christ is not from Togo! so that was his SIGNATURE, whenever he wants to threaten or force us to do something, he will usually add the line I-WILL-FAYA-YOU to it for anyone that might be thinking of doing otherwise.in SSS2 this man was still coming to our class for one parole or another and was really getting on our nerves plus he was no longer our class teacher.so There came a day that we were doing nothing in class and we were just doing our thing;some were discussing, some sitting on the table, e.t.c and this man walked in and some of us were so scared thinking he was gonna fire us and out of nowhere, this my class mate shouted Fire for Fire! we all busted into laughter uncontrolably cos the man was also shocked. we thought he was gonna beat femi or perhaps beat all the class but he simply asked, is that femi?! We later modified to Fire-Fire!

THAT'S THE ORIGIN OF FIRE-FIRE

2 Likes

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by affigurl5(f): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
[b]my maths teacher was always taking this topic "Sine Cosine Tangent" any time she comes to class. she took it for weeks, so we nicknamed her SOHCAHTOA. grin

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Shifiunited: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
I had a teacher nicknamed 'desktop' cuz he can wink like 10 times in a matter of second
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by vitality22(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
dahonestboss: There was this lady in my high school days, she was so slim and beautiful. and everything about her depicts the attitude of miss pepeye in papa AJasco

Na since them, we come de call her that Name, and it was so popular among student that majority don't even know her real name.

but if she hear am for your mouth, na die ooo. you go cut grass so tay your back go break smiley
Please, which school is that. The name (miss pepeye) sounds familiar
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by FOLLEY20(m): 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed our English teacher "agidi sour" because he taught dt topic in d class. Our Agric teacher - "Obasagwu" meaning d king wears cloth because his name was Mr Obasiu. Intro Tech teacher -"komogin" because his name was Mr Komolafe & he loved drinking alcohol so much. Yoruba teacher - "Judi" because her big bottom used to shake while writing on d chalk board. My primary school teachers: 1. "Oloun o bula f'Oyo" meaning d tribal mark on Oyo pple's face is not divine but man-made. He usually say dis to sound any serious warning to us. 2. "Yanmuyanmu" meaning mosquito because he's as dry as mosquito. 3. "Mr Jah" because he loved to sing Eli-jah eli-jah song. 4. " Ogogoro" meaning dry gin because his real name was Ozogoro. See u later.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by babysnogls: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
One Mr Ogala had serious thick tribal marks on his cheeks. Coincidentaly, he was an Igala man and we cald him MR OWALA!
Anoda 'Obey d bell' cos he fond of whipping students wt cane anytime d assembly bell went off and u were stil in d class!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by sexyboocalher(f): 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
My maths [color=#000099][/color]teacher @bgc abeokuta was nanmed feyin musu(use teeth take yam) cos his teeth luked lik fork grin n my introtec master was called bicycle sit head cos of d shape of hs head cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by TheKingsQueen: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
One of our Prefects in Secondary school was nicknamed "Oral Lady" because she likes speaking phoneh ie oral english.

Our Food & Nutrition teacher was nicknamed "Balanced Diet"

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
My very first Principal who happened to have also been my Fathers principal had the Nickname: 101
It was coined from the abbreviation of his name Mr. I. O Izeogu.
Meanest Principal I ever schooled under, but unarguerably the best I ever met.

My Economics teacher had the nickname 'Denge' gotten from Baba Fryos 'Dem go dey pose song'. The man suffered Polio as a kid and walked with a bad limp.

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by AGgal(f): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
My geography teacher was called 'shiroro',i dnt knw how d name started cos we met him wit d name. Maybe because of lake shiroro. One of my tutors back in sch of nursing was called cortico-nsionkpor,she was trying to pronounce corticosteriod,she started out d cortico n finished it wit nsionkpor meaning wat is dis? D oda lady luvs miracles n church tinz. She wanted 2 say signs n symptoms, she said signs n wonders. It automatically became her nick

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ifekemmy(f): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
My sec. sch math teacher is called Gadaffi because is very tough

Whenever we see our V.P coming , we will be shouting ''Kola is coming'' we do call him by his name

My maths teacher is called iya maths because is an elderly woman

My geography teacher too is iya jogi

I could remember my lecturer too in higher institution named wako jako because is too rough n also dress like M.J
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by obongtunji: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Our VP admin was nick named "monkey" because his face is just like monkey.......lop
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Guguru102(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
That makes me remember, my Maths Teacher in Primary School,whenever
she is teaching word problem in maths that links to calculating in
naira,she always mis-pronounce the word kobo to kobo(meaning beating
mercilessly)the O as normal insteading of using AU.
And my french teacher Merciwaku
My Agric Teacher in Jss1 as Tontirin
Physics Teacher Mr. Jordan
there are many names we gave to them,dat i can't even remember again.........
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Toppiano(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Any Ilesa Grammar School Old student would know:
1. Jeru: He was wearing a belt with JERUSALEM written on the buckle. During class, only the JERU was showing and considering the way he looks, they started calling him JERU that was in mid 80s
2. Mr. Adebiyi (V.P.): We call him ewure (goat) that is what he calls stubborn students grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by vosquare: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
t.d teacher den...mr oloye...we cal im mr.olotutu
chemistry....he pings durin clas...bb ash!!!
Phe...ajala....ajalajalinko
hostel master-d man head na mirror....apari
maths...mr barga
maths....ogbufe because of x beards
geographi...otondo.....
TASUESS STUDENTS GO KNW MOR

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Jarus(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Abela (candle) for a maths teacher that was also a pastor. Used to tell bad students that 'your candle is gradually burning' i.e your are wasting your valuable young age.

Another one, Gaskiya. Geography teacher. He used to say gaskiya (fact) after almost every discussion. E.g After taking 'types of volcanoes' and explaining, he would now top it with 'gaskiya ibe lati gba fun yin yen' I.e, we have analysed all the facts of the topic for you to know. We named him gaskiya
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
Had biology teacher -female with a shape like a coke bottle.
Students nick named her the wriggler,because all sensitive parts of her body shook when she walked and she was always wearing tight skirts and tight tops that drove every male student crazy. The female students hated her,of course but a lot of male students enrolled in the biology class just to view her glorious body. Half the class had a crush on her and she knew it and obviously enjoyed it.
Damn, she was sexy as hell.
She certainly knew how to wriggle that sexy body.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ichidodo: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
niger house master. ajayivolvo. cross house master mr balo. chad house, denco. french teacher monseiur capochichi (bon!)
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Ivyluvie: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
I personally gave my english teacher"miss oporoko(stock fish)"cos she was skinny same tym bony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / Civet Killed Inside LASU, Ojo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.