Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (25838 Views)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by yuzedo: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
AnitaMandy:
No, its 'The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born' its the name the Man's wife called him.
Thank you ojare! I am so old, i have forgotten/mix-up all these African Writers Series novels.... sad

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Artistree: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
My English Teacher's nickname was flying saucer cos that was exactly how she walked.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ChuckD1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
anitank: Our teachers had real weird and funny names...
Aunty Aka (hand)

Aunty Ukwu(Leg)

Uncle Egbe(kite)

Uncle Agu(tiger)if this guy flogs u ehh,u'd have memory loss

Aunty Egenti(someone who doesn't hear)

Uncle Iloabanafo (dis one na long tin)

Uncle Abunamaso (don't spit at me)

My favorite was Uncle Jamueze (show me your teeth grin)

And NO, these were not nick names but their real surnames. Can't remember all the subjects they taught jare. Its been a long while

I can imagine the name of your school. LOLz

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ichidodo: 4:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
horlajide:

Great Fego

Govt. Teacher(spring up)-you had better stand to your feet the second he points at you else the man go 'tear' your back.
English teacher(ijo-ya)-her a.ss was massive.it was comparable to the cartoons in weird mc's video
Principal(principalities n power)-the woman wicked no be small
lol
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ChuckD1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
A female corps member was assigned to teach my class Physics in SS2. For five weeks she treated just one topic-MOTION.She showed up the following week,picked up a piece of chalk and as she walked towards the board,we all shouted[b] MOTION[/b].
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by 2nedo(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
IRK tisa'Mr enter ur shoe and follow me'for wot he once ordered a student to do and'Mrs baby face'for her grey eyes-in secondary sch
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Optimisticgondy(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
We called our Economics teacher 'Orworkor'. Derived from ''We have what's called''. Anytime he mention list of items, instead of saying ''we have what's called Marginal cost, we have what's called total cost'', he would say ''orworkor Marginal Cost, orworkor total cost''. When we laughed then, he didn't realise what made us do that.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by movein: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
dridowu: JOGS FAMILY Mr Akindele AKA EASY because anytme he solve maths question he will rit below d answer EASY
Characha Easy! Up JOGS!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ayanfemy(f): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Statistcs teacher-difficulty index, he was a difficult guy and taught the topic
Psychology-voyerism, he emphasised the psychosomatic disorder.
Counselling-esss-d way she pronounced words that end wt S
I Wonder what they call me!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Edoblakky(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Our Math teacher was named sohcahtoa, we nicknamed our Vice Principal bulldog because his appearance was scary.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by abiki(f): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
My Govt Teacher: Pontius Pilate because his favourite shoe is shaped like the shoe worn by pontius pilate

My CRk teacher: Agbani, cos she was tall and very beautiful

My Accounts teacher: Dimkpa Bida: The man smells like a gutter

My primary school teacher: Mr white, the man wears white everyday. Infact he wore white throughout my six years in the school.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Krisgift(f): 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Our principal waz so bursty dt we nicknamed her 'milk industry'
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Fadenitan(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
During my secondary school day,i have one of my teacher we nicknamed, AND THEN,We gave him this name because before he complete two sentences he must have said (and then) several time.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Bobbin2009: 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
my P.H.E teacher, we call him sir FLY.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Saksreal(f): 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
obongtunji: Our VP admin was nick named "monkey" because his face is just like monkey.......lop
am certain its my alma mata,
Lagos state senior model college Kankon
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Akporugo247: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
ogbeche77: Our Physics teacher was 'codenamed' Baygon, anytime he talks, the odour that comes from his mouth can wake a dead cop, if the guy come near u for class,ur own don be
lwkmd so te i die na wake up..
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
yuzedo:
Anthills of the Savannah? Chinua Achebe...
The Beautiful Ones are not Yet Born. Armah Ayi Kwei (A Ghanain Author)
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
our physics teacher was dark,slim nd tall,nd he liked wearing an under-sized pair trouser with a very fat,wide shirt, after dressing he'd pull d shirt out a bit, then he'd look so thin inside the shirt.when d wind blows,d shirt go dey do like balloon. so we nicknamed him Parachute.it luks like a parachute
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
My high school French teacher Mr Klutse from Togo was nicknamed Masesebere,meaning in Yoruba I will start all over again.
Cause when he is flogging u, and u don't stay still,he will say masesebere in this funny accent.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
our Latin teacher(male) was very short and had a pot belly. hence we started calling him 'Afo nchawa'. cropped from. 'aka nchawa). mehn d man's stomach used to shine. very smooth nd well rounded. i doubt he cld c his own feet while standing.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by AO2(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
Our Geography teacher was nicknamed James Bond (007) because of his bow ties, whenever students saw him coming, they would start mimicking the sound track of James Bond movies, and woe betide any student caught doing that. The man was a wicked man, students prayed never to fall into his trap. The fear of James Bond was the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by bedford101(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed our physics teacher Pampers cos of his big a.ss ===>if the class is noisy and d vp walks in and ask' why the noise? whats your next period "all will say Pampers'''meaning physics

Nicknamed our maths teacher Igbo cos of his redish eyes nature...and joke apart the guy weeds every morning before coming to class..though he is good at his subject. uncle igbo

forget not the days of uncle sam aka uncle igbo, physics teacher aka pampers
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by bedford101(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Then our english teacher is nicknamed OLORI'EGBE which i learnt means leader of witchcraft in yoruba grin, cos shes very wicked and flogs with no mercy if u fail to do her assignment sturborn warri children now .... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy miss those days
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by chessguru1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
We called our english teacher 'Lines man'. Because he was so tall, and any time he flogged, he would stand so erect and raise his cane like like a football lines man.
www.fatsolution.net
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by chessguru1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
We called our thermodynamics lecturer in year 3 'Van Dam', becos he always liked performing only the most difficult stunts and film tricks on the board that nobody understood.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Agbgift(f): 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
My economic teacher was called "owahwah" meaning mr harmattan cos he was always white all tru d year xpecially d harmattan season, so student use to sneak vasiline into his drawer table in d staff office every 11:11 of every year. Then my physics teacher was called mr "corrosive" cos he was always looking rusty. My art teacher was called "commando" cos anytym a student annoys him, instead of flogging d student, he ask dem for fight "karate" wift him. And certainly he dey finish students wift him kicks. Then comes d business studies teacher whom we call "ashonbello" becos of his ways of prouncing "as shown below". "Mr bones " cannot be forgotten.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Houri(f): 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed our oral English teacher and his car 'thunder' simply because his old wretched honda used to sound like thunder
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by bedford101(m): 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
Chemistry Teacher was nicknamed HYDROGEN LAMP cos of his shining eye-balls, the guy eyes de shine like hydrogen lamp 247 grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Good thread.
Back then @ FGC Okposi, most of my teachers had nicknames such as:
French teacher: qui qui mademosille (she repeats d@ alot).
Intro Tech master: Mr. Boss man (very mean & had never made a correct sentence in Eng.)
CRS master: Mr. Potiphar.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by midich: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
grin[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Hmmh ,in school, trust d ladies of feddy, dey have names for teachers*No offense meant*:
English teacher"Mr C": SPECIMEN C( dats from biology practicals,wia specimen c is always FROG),Earned it cos he is short nd with potbelly.
Igbo teacher "Ms N": IHE NLELE(meaning someone to admire),he had dis pinchomic body like small. And odas, I can't remember anyway
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Bamsdayo(m): 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
apocalypse: My English teacher had a very peculiar name , his name is Mr Adalumo so it was so natural to call him Mr. Agbalumo.
Then there was our V.P academics who we called "Tiger" cos he had this Ibadan tribal mark on his face , surprisingly though he had an excellent command of English
How can I forget "piper", he earned that name cos he was always using a pipe to beat students.
guy you 2much!lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / Civet Killed Inside LASU, Ojo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.