Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,351 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (25843 Views)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by striker07(m): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
My geography teacher was named achipelago
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by newacca: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
our V.P: Jackie Chan . He is light skinned,short,has afro and wears the 60s style of Trousers (BJ/9'11) with double pocket shirts.

V.P2: Ayamatanga cos of her stature. She looks so much like the woman that played Ayamatanga role in a christian episode movie then. Also with her hairstyles

Biology teacher: Mallam Ko: He is bald-headed and skinny.

Hostel master: Baba Obo . If a student offend him,he will always say : Obo ni e (You are a Monkey). Since he's our teacher and he was also the Hostel matter of one of the hostel rooms and he was a good and nice teachers to the boys,we call him our father (Baba obo) and he knows that. I saw him some yrs I graduated 4rm d skool,I called him Baba Obo and he responded Obo ni eee. I like d Man grin

CRK teacher: Atoko : She is skinny and very young. Even some of our seniors then call her by her name then cos some of them are big bros. SSS3 seniors then were grown ups with beard and hairs over their chest n legs grin grin

Science teacher: Lancer. Model of his Mitsibushi car

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by mabebe1(f): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
in js3, we nicknamed our math teacher as *thin police*, in my ss day we nicknamed anoda math teacher as SOHCAHTOA. Our geography teacher was cald *kpanku* dat story abt tortoise n d image in intensive english.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by sage2(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
There was this guy who happened to be my Agric. and Biology teacher then. He earned the name Agama Lizard. His crime was he taught us about the specie. There was also Mr Solomon. Only a few students knew his real name because he was nicknamed on arrival. I am talking about Mr Kasumba, folks. I learned about his real name the hard way. I had gone to the staff room that morning wanting to see Mr Kasumba(I thought that was his real name). He was not on seat so I asked of him from other teachers. To cut a long story short, they asked me to wait for him. I turned out the elusive scape goat they have been looking for. I led them to at least 3 students and each of those 3 led them to other 3 and the chain went on until almost a hundred students were dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by horlajide: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
ichidodo: niger house master. ajayivolvo. cross house master mr balo. chad house, denco. french teacher monseiur capochichi (bon!)

Great Fego

Govt. Teacher(spring up)-you had better stand to your feet the second he points at you else the man go 'tear' your back.
English teacher(ijo-ya)-her a.ss was massive.it was comparable to the cartoons in weird mc's video
Principal(principalities n power)-the woman wicked no be small
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by PRODUTIM1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
One of our VP in Ilegrams was nicknamed 'MR EWURE' meanin mr goat.He used 2 mentioned ewure wheneva he was beaten any student.He wil say'eyin omo ewure yi' you dis goat.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ChukChinCol(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
My 70yr old ss1 crk teacher was called 2pac cos he talks a lot while d Social studies man was named kenyaman cos of wen he was teaching all those homo erectus tins
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by FirstOpinion: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Sorry! You open a thread just to insult the people who made you whom you are today, people who add meanning into your life.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by devour129: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
av always read comments on naira-land as a guest but i couldnt resist this one so i had to register.had one male hausa teacher back in secondary school and his name is Mallanbala(hausa teacher).he use to disturb female students until one female teacher confronted and told him to stop molesting us with his uncircumsized "amu ndi hausa" since them that became his name.there were other teachers with there student given nicknames but i have to share this story with you about a nickname given to our fellow student.this girl's first nickname was copsy until we added more to it.during crs\crk class,the teacher asked why was Jesus was called the lamb of God could you imagine that copsy answered because JESUS WAS WALKING LIKE A LAMB !!!!!!!!!! So since that day,anytime we saw her we all started singing copsy copsy,walking like a lamb and we danced around her with our hands on our heads.cos her dad was the pta chairman then,she reported us and we were flogged like LAMBS

4 Likes

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Machine007: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]AKPU ISHI BECAUSE HE NEVER HAD A HAIR CUT FOR A LONG TIME.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Machine007: 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
[b]AKPU ISHI BECAUSE HE NEVER HAD A HAIR CUT FOR A LONG TIME[/b
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by devour129: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
p
FirstOpinion: Sorry! You open a thread just to insult the people who made you whom you are today, people who add meanning into your life.
pulzeeeee dnt be a pain in the arse ! no one is insulting anyone here just reminiscing biko

2 Likes

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by AdeniyiA(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
we used to call one "touch your toe(tyt)"
weneva he wanted to flog u,u must touch your toe

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
sanb: Hahaha...you could say that again but that was not allowed....

In fact this thread has cracked me up with laugther. It just made my day.

I also remember my French teacher who was always fond of saying "ques que sé". Normally when any teacher comes to class, we the students get up to greet. On this faithful day, We all got up to greet out French teacher (who BTW we already named Mr ques que sé) half the class greeted him as good morning Mr ques que sé and the other half used his real name. I tell you, we didn’t have our class lesson that day and he reported us to the principal and you can just imagine what happened next....

Lmao!!! Hehehehe! Yes, I could imagine and I'm very sure you were among those who called him "Mr ques que sé" grin
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
My high school Yoruba teacher was nicknamed idigedebu cause she has a huge butt, I mean a really huge butt.
And the Bible studies teacher was iditere, cause he had a flat butt, I mean a really flat butt.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by feb4real: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
my CRK teacher we call him Oju-igo
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by durtman: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
when i was in js3 we had dis new principal that was so strict always going abt with canes which we were not used to always punishing pple na so we nickname am samuel doe after d former dictator of liberia
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Babamide(m): 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
We called our English teacher Jaffar cos of the shape of his moustache
Physics teacher was '1 with a dot on the head' cos he described the roman fig 1 like that
Further maths teacher was Busta Rhymes cos we never heard what he was teaching
And our principal was Mario cos he was short and fat and always wearing a 3piece suit
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by RexioKlasik(m): 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
Der was dis Man...he was our Econonics Teacher back den...and d man likes money...after evri visiting day...d next Monday he wud colect wat he called "Tithe" we always contributed 4 him...so he was named "Osusu" wich means Contribution in Igbo...
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Clashy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
funny ! I could remember some yrs backs while in a new school planning to write waec.i sat in d school hall among other students,all of a sundden every one started runing around shouting Akuko(cock) but in to my confussion the fowls and turkeys were numberless,so i cant 2 see people of my age runing around 2 insisting on the name Akuko.later on i call a guy among us and ask why we were all runing about.c to my suprise he said a teacher when i look @ him he has a very long neck and side looking eyes. men o mad gan.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Daresh(f): 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
In my school we had Pretty Gorilla - it's self explanatory. We had Hairy Scary, which i dont need to explain. Also had "I believe in I shirt". We also had Mr Alabaronye who we called Alabalazy cos he was one lazy ass mofo. Theophilus was Sir Theo cos he thot he was a Lord or something.We had Uncle Chimpe. Thats all i remember for now.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Ejekinsim(m): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
In my secondary school day we had a VP academic whom we nicknamed "IDAGIRI" meaning trouble. Anytime d VP get to school he'll start moving around d whole school wit cane an students will b running around shouting "Baba idagiri" is coming run! One faithful day he caught dis Igbo girl as he was beating dis girl she started shouting "Baba Idagiri pls!" she does not know d meaning of wat She was saying coz people normally call d VP dat name. He flog d hell out of dat girl. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
A teacher in my school then was called Hernia because he looked like one suffering from the disease.

Another one was my V.P of Academics who was nicknamed Abraham. The man's hair and beard is white. He's extremely intelligent and can insult or embarrass someone.

There was a female teacher we call "Iron Lady". Each time the break is over, she carries a very long cane to chase us back to our classroom. Anyone who sees her approaching runs faster than Usain Bolt.

Another one was called Binary because he's a gifted mathematician.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hahahaha Lol.... you could say that again.....That’s for sure.grin grin grin
kunletiwoo: Lmao!!! Hehehehe! Yes, I could imagine and I'm very sure you were among those who called him "Mr ques que sé" grin
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by amiskurie(m): 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
OmoKhary: We gave our physics teacher "bowlegelege",my agric teacher "irrigation" bcs weneva he talks,d ppl standin close 2 him are baffd wit his saliva,my principal was cald "7 litres" bcs she was/is busty
hahahahaaaa! So cool,it seems all agric teachers are natural irrigators,my agric teacher too. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Jazzgreen(m): 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
sir CHICKEN...REASON=his name was actually sir CHIKE den we bad boys added letter N to complete it CHICKEN
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by chuglothen(f): 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed a male teacher then IKEWUIKE (all nyash na d same). He invigilated an exam and caught a gal dat hid expo in her pussy. So wen d gal refused to bring d expo out, d teacher put his hand inside d gal nyash and brought out d expo. When we asked him y he had to put his hand there, he told us. In igbo language dat all nyash na d same weda gal or boi ( ike nile wu ike). We nicknamed oue Economics teacher CETERIS PARIBUS cos she can't make a full sentence without sayin it. Choi, how time flies

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Tymally: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
our food master was nicknamed 'before during and after' cos he always eat before during and after every meal

while our fine art teacher was given 'mr sobo dey' cos he goes round every classes using his fist 2 show us he has blocked sobo sayying sobo dey, blocked sobo
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by chuglothen(f): 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
We nicknamed a male teacher then IKEWUIKE (all nyash na d same). He invigilated an exam and caught a gal dat hid expo in her pussy. So wen d gal refused to bring d expo out, d teacher put his hand inside d gal nyash and brought out d expo. When we asked him y he had to put his hand there, he told us in igbo language dat all nyash na d same weda gal or boi ( ike nile wu ike). We nicknamed oue Economics teacher CETERIS PARIBUS cos she can't make a full sentence without sayin it. Choi, how time flies

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hahahaha...Oh my days....you guys got her in serious trouble "IDAGIRI"
Ejekinsim!:
In my secondary school day we had a VP academic whom we nicknamed meaning trouble. Anytime d VP get to school he'll start moving around d whole school wit cane an students will b running around shouting "Baba idagiri" is coming run! One faithful day he caught dis Igbo girl as he was beating dis girl she started shouting "Baba Idagiri pls!" she does not know d meaning of wat She was saying coz people normally call d VP dat name. He flog d hell out of dat girl. grin
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Jazzgreen(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
another one we called sir ground nut .reason= i beliv ground nut was his favorit food. We had sir isi mango , i bet u'll also join us to call him dat name if u'v seen him. We hav UCHU...dat was wat he always called us, so we took d name bak to him. We had sir OTONDO reason="bak to sender tinz" . He always call us dat so we named him d same and everyone carried it on. We hav sir okor-O ...REASON=dis man can really scratch nyash even b4 students while teachin, i cant 4get many times i was punished cos i laughed out loud wen ever he puts his hand close to his JOHN THOMAS to scratch d tin. ABEG ALMOST ALL MY TEACHER GET NAME. Mak i stop here abeg. U knw i went to govt sch, name plenty for dat side.if i continue, nairaland go full and SEUN go open another site abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / Civet Killed Inside LASU, Ojo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.