Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (25845 Views)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Teespice(f): 12:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
anitank: Our teachers had real weird and funny names...
Aunty Aka (hand)

Aunty Ukwu(Leg)

Uncle Egbe(kite)

Uncle Agu(tiger)if this guy flogs u ehh,u'd have memory loss

Aunty Egenti(someone who doesn't hear)

Uncle Iloabanafo (dis one na long tin)

Uncle Abunamaso (don't spit at me)

My favorite was Uncle Jamueze (show me your teeth grin)

And NO, these were not nick names but their real surnames. Can't remember all the subjects they taught jare. Its been a long while
did u go to holy rosary college enugu cos I can recall some of the teachers u mentioned bearing those same names.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by alex406(m): 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Faleti(Agirc teacher)....This man has one of his ear cut off thus giving him the name *faleti*
Herbert Macauley(biology tho Late now)...He had so much nose beard.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by swift25(m): 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
We had a further maths teacher back then in ss1, we were treating logic at the time, and there was a particular example he always used to give, which was ' oh mansa musa you are wonderful', and he says it with a gayish voice, his mannerisms were femine also. From that time on his name became mansa musa.

1 Like

Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by robert2051(m): 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
My maths teacher, Ghanaian, Mr Kofi Abasi, 'mean as ever' was nicknamed "STARS" because he he would always insert his right hand under his shirt, coming out at the neck to scratch his bristlly unshaven beard & then say, 'if i slap u u'll see stars'.
The funny thing was, the statement was not directed at any of us inparticular, intermitently he'd carry out his threat & descend on every one in class, he was always right because after the class we'd gather round to describe the type of stars we saw. ALL BOYS SCHL!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by astricker: 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ninja - cos he was stealth and could sneak up on us and chase ur through any windows, crevices, etc. lol
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by phunmiejewels: 4:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
We used 2 call a teacher of ours in second sch 'blackie chan' becoz he had a small face nd small eyes, was short nd talked fast
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Dremichaels(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
I can still remember vividly my VP we nicknamed him Mr. Fela cos of his stature and boldness. My maths teacher, Mr. Show (his real name shofoyeke). My chemistry teacher, ODE I.e hunter cos he likes to hunt for scapegoat. Hw can I 4get my VP 2 we used to call him OGUFE cos of his goatee
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by akinsadeez(m): 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
while I was in skul, we named my english teacher dobby. he looked so much like dobby d house elf in harry porter
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Dancingapple: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Rockcalvary: grin Had this intro tech teacher in js2 we used to call "boring tools' cos that was the topic he thought us and damn!! was that guy booooring. I remember waking up during one of his classes and i was the only one awake. And the guy was still there teaching oh!!!
Lool were u in isl??
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by free2ryhme: 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
my Islamic rel. Knol teacher was calld mrs eyescongba because she had half past 4 eyes.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by free2ryhme: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
literature teacher nicknamed shaba ranks cos dat was his hairstyle!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by free2ryhme: 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
home econs teacher nicknamed 'wash your pants(ies) everyday' becos dat is wat she ends her teaching wit
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by free2ryhme: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
fine art teacher mr nnaemeka nicknamed mr goatie becos of his of his goatie chin beards
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Hardeybympeh(f): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
our Economics teacher Ronaldinho because his teeth are like Ronaldinho's teeth
our V.P TERMINATOR cos he use to spy us and no mater wat he wil knw exactly the person making noise in the class
our Principal Is Obe (Soup) but i dnt knw y dey call him dat.
our Vp Admin Olugbo his eye are like burning iron
our gate keeper Congo dnt knw y they call him dat
our Yoruba teacher Bora (dats the name of a madman in our town) she use to abuse person with the name
Our maths teacher intersection quee dats wat he say everytime
our geography teacher is called FUUUUUUl STOOOOP (he say dat wen he dictate to us)
our second geography teacher is 'Short Man Devil" (he is Short with protruding belly nd he use to do all the biq qalz in the school he is gud anyway.....he can teach well
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Slimboy94(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Our. Vice principal is called enugu (cos he has a long mouth) and our physics teacher is called kasapreko ( cos he takes alomo everyday b4 cumint o the class
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by joecooper(m): 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
My Agric sc teacher was called "Mr Anger"..... A mere good morning infuriates the old chap.
One of our yoruba teacher was called "Mr White".... From ma jss1 to ss3, he wore white all through. Only God knows if his boxers were white too... *chuckles...*smiley .
Then ma CRS teacher in jss2 was called " Aunty Sisi Kpelebe".... She got dis name cos before any of her lectures commences, she sells dis local candy made from honey and pea nut.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by PatNwaGod(f): 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
Our biology teacher was called jamueze(show me your teeth) cos he said a lot of joke but everytime he made a jokes and d students were laughing dia A out he simply shows his teeth for a brief 1sec smile and became serious again. We actually forgot his real name cos an old student told a new student to meet jamueze for her test shit and she actually called him d nike name in his presense, u can guess wat happend. Everybody denied calling him d name and d new student was purnished for giving d teach dat name.
Our geography teacher was called shower cos those sitting in the front of his class had a good bath frm his saliver. I drop d subject after d 2nd class in ss1 cos my seat was in front.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Foyanmun: 8:09am On Jan 24, 2013
[quote) surprisingly though he had an excellent command of English
.[/quote]

What is suprising in an English teacher having and excellent command of the English language?
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Bjayjay: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Toppiano: Any Ilesa Grammar School Old student would know:
1. Jeru: He was wearing a belt with JERUSALEM written on the buckle. During class, only the JERU was showing and considering the way he looks, they started calling him JERU that was in mid 80s
2. Mr. Adebiyi (V.P.): We call him ewure (goat) that is what he calls stubborn students grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I feel u mr adebiyi will always tell any student caught doing bad things ewure ni o (u're a goat). There was also another one. Mr Akinrodoye d pe teacher who also doubles as the head of labour, once he apportions a place for u to cut he'll say I'll bounce on u like a basketball if u refuse to, so we started calling him bounce like a basketball
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Bjayjay: 9:13am On Jan 24, 2013
newacca: our V.P: Jackie Chan . He is light skinned,short,has afro and wears the 60s style of Trousers (BJ/9'11) with double pocket shirts.

V.P2: Ayamatanga cos of her stature. She looks so much like the woman that played Ayamatanga role in a christian episode movie then. Also with her hairstyles

Biology teacher: Mallam Ko: He is bald-headed and skinny.

Hostel master: Baba Obo . If a student offend him,he will always say : Obo ni e (You are a Monkey). Since he's our teacher and he was also the Hostel matter of one of the hostel rooms and he was a good and nice teachers to the boys,we call him our father (Baba obo) and he knows that. I saw him some yrs I graduated 4rm d skool,I called him Baba Obo and he responded Obo ni eee. I like d Man grin

CRK teacher: Atoko : She is skinny and very young. Even some of our seniors then call her by her name then cos some of them are big bros. SSS3 seniors then were grown ups with beard and hairs over their chest n legs grin grin

Science teacher: Lancer. Model of his Mitsibushi car
I no fit shout baba obo, obo ni e. That man go funny o
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Bjayjay: 9:36am On Jan 24, 2013
In ma primary school days we use to call our maths teacher Orebe (cos she's short n ugly), another one who happens to be my class teacher Soldier cos he walks fast, and another one Mr Atike cos his face is always covered with powder. During my ss days we use to call our maths teacher Mr oyeniran who also happens to be our house master Cardinalty or shortened form cardy (cardinalty of a set) , Mr babalola who was also our housemaster Mr bablo
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by smartg(m): 10:58am On Jan 24, 2013
My principal in primary school we use to call him ''sir 1000'', if he frog you once, you will feel the pain 1000 times.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by amiskurie(m): 10:32am On Jan 27, 2013
(1)Back in pry sch,we had a master nicknamed UNCLE PROF,he is the most feard teacher in the school then,they gave him the name cos he speaks big grammar that u would have to ponder on.

(2)In secondary school we had a student teacher posted to our school to serve.his name was mr Osho but we nicknamed him OSHOMO-GBOMO,because a house he rented close to our school then serves as our hotel room.he was a player and he understands me and my frnds so well that we shared girl-friends.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by amiskurie(m): 10:40am On Jan 27, 2013
swift25: We had a further maths teacher back then in ss1, we were treating logic at the time, and there was a particular example he always used to give, which was ' oh mansa musa you are wonderful', and he says it with a gayish voice, his mannerisms were femine also. From that time on his name became mansa musa.
lol all further maths teacher are funny just like mine too.he would yell,YOOOOOOOUUUUUU!
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Infomizer(m): 8:25am On Jan 29, 2013
We called our English teacher "Commando".
He walks like Commando with his cane when he comes chasing loitering students back to their classrooms after break time.
Can't even remember the dude's real name again. It was back in Brainfield Secondary School, P.H, circa 1998-1999.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Damselnoni(f): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
ask4double: We nicknamed a math teacher SIR PUNCH, because he rarely uses anything other than his fist to hit on students when punishing. It was an all male skl though.
na so my math teacher b o.abi u attend SIMMIC NI?
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Damselnoni(f): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
MY eng teacher in js1-mrs oputa[okuta]
my agric tech in js2-mr akala[akara cuz d guy like akara]
my principal unc Steve[unc tea]
my eng tech 4 ss-mrs ugwenze[choosen cuz she to dey preach i miss her sha]
my math tec ss2-3 -mr ajayi-prof[the guy no math die]
my music tec[mr make it snapy any time d guy won flog]
my agric teacher ss2 mr sanusi[sanusi dah reader cuz the guy no dey explain]
my econs [sleeping tablet]
my headmistres 4 pry sch[iya aye]
my integrated sci tec jss1/2[naira kobo]if the guy dey teach us abt puberty he go say wen gals don mature them go dey do naira kobo[yansh]
we also get Mr Benson dat na hin real name o,he his now the pricipal
o boy them plenty oooo
any way i rep Simmic
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by topmostg: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2013
Funny posts so far.

Well, we call our english teacher 280. Cos if this man wan flog us, he had to take the cane 280degrees back before applying force.... To the extent that everyone will shout yeeeeeh....

We call our chem teacher "A SS like whoa" (guy, this lady's hip is one to die for)
we call our yoruba teacher "tweakmelon"(this woman doesn't flog, but guy, you'll peel melon like crazy.

We call our fmaths teacher "ERUKU WOLE DE"

cos of his mean gaze. this man sabi flog die.
(whenever he's teaching a new topic, he'd unexpectedly ask questions from anyone and guy, if you know am).... Hmmmm, end of story....

How can i forget MY intro tech teacher "CURSOR" .
(we gave him due to one of his "almost crippled" leg)
if the man's walking and he takes a step with his "almost crippled" leg,
the leg tend to bend in form of
"when ronaldinho cursors a player on the pitch"
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by gladostix: 11:55am On Mar 12, 2013
At my school, we called our English teacher "Bianca", although I am not sure how the name came about but that was what we called her. One of our teachers had bold tribal marks on his face so we called him "Mr. 11, 11"
My brother-in-law said that at his school, they nicknamed their Bio. teacher "MR OBOLI", apparently, he had to drop his wife off at work every morning before coming to work (the wife was a nurse) so there was a day that the students put up a cartoon with a man in his shirt and tie pounding yam in a mortar with a baby strapped to his back while a woman dressed in a nurses uniform sat in the sofa reading newspaper. By that they meant that the man was a woman-wrapper and they put an inscription "ILOBO", Needless to say they got into serious trouble for that.
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by olawalebabs(m): 6:06am On Mar 15, 2013
Darling darling, my PE teacher
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by Slimky(f): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
2nedo: IRK tisa'Mr enter ur shoe and follow me'for wot he once ordered a student to do
Z ur sec skul in lag? A model college?
Re: Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
Mynd44:
I had a Deputy Principal we called Papa Ajasco. His head has the same physical characteristics. Baldness.

We called our Geopgraphy Teacher "Pluto" and our Physics teacher "Vampiro". Dang that guy's face is always squeezed
we call our health science teacher "babariga"...the guy dey wear babariga like sey na i'm get the school,then our physics teacher we call he isaac newton...d guy too sabi teach

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / Civet Killed Inside LASU, Ojo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.