Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38509 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by xynerise: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Fadelex: Hmmm ****smiles, sip my maltina, balanced on my chair****
So catholic pull out of CAN, I dont really know they are part of CAN b4, its even better they pull out b4 they initiate other pentecostal churches to homosexualism...
I rather be a muslim than join any pentecostal church.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw:

All u know how to do is to call names......any ways i dont blame you, is either you are one jobless yoruba agbero or u lack home training. See u defending Catholic Church and u are here calling your seniors names is that what they teach u in your mary mary church?
you have ended up saying nothing thereby wasting a precious space on nairaland tongue

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ceejay80s(m): 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw: If the CAN president was to be a CATHOLIC i dont think they will pull out. Its a case of jealousy or envy. Obviously since Ayo became the president , the Catholic church has become silent and un noticed. What do they mean by being close to the Government? Is GEJ not a christain? by virtue of which he is a member of CAN. Pastor Ayo is the only Christain that have remain outspoken with the killing of christain in the north while others especially the Catholics keeps mum. Always diunity in Chistainity no wounder different denomination.
there's something u dnt understand about catholic, na catholics get money pass, if we wan buy jets ,na small thing, but some people no even respect & fear GOD

11 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by iyobs7(f): 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Divisions and confusions among christians...
Dont get me wrong I am a christian
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Igwe9(m): 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: LET IT BE DONE FIRST!
Didn't you read where it was stated ?
We made our stand clear in November, last year, and by December, the man bought a jet.“The Catholic Church took their stand before the purchase or the aircraft was donated to him. But what the Catholic Bishops Conference is complaining about is about the way they are running the national CAN now that is not meeting the objectives and the goals of CAN and the forefathers of CAN.

“CAN is now being run as part of the government and we said no. Because they (government) will dictate to us what to do and they will not take our advice seriously. The Catholic Church decided to withdraw from the activities of CAN at national level; we are still part of the state. We made our stand clear in November, last year, and by December, the man bought a jet. I don’t know how he got it but the president was there on that day the jet was delivered to him.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by xynerise: 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pygru:
keep shut. What do U know
I know christianity more than your hungry pastor

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Psylas(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
devour129: I AM A CATHOLIC YES I AM,AM PROUD TO BE A CATHOLIC.............................dancing azonto waiting for Anglicans to come tru(was born an Anglican but married into catholic)tired of all these get rich quick pple
still u'r not a good xtian
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sanusi said it and some folks went haywire.most of these religious bodies are after their own pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Fleming5(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.
picture go and recount your teeth CATHOLIC never force anybody We only stand for Truth. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by informat101(f): 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
wesley8:

I'm of the opinion that Oritsejafor has sounded a tad too confrontational over the BH issue but I TOTALLY agree with your assertion. This move by the Catholic church is illinformed and their excuses totally disgraceful. There are better ways to manage divisions within the church and the Church MUST NEVER be subjected to such open ridicule. Once again, THIS IS DISGRACEFUL.
please keep quiet if you do not have any thing to say.people like you are the thieves hiding in churches that we have in this country.that association isnt one any true christian should be part of.all orisejafor does is bootlick the president

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Jeel: 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
The Catholic ch is anoyed because a pentecostal is heading CAN thats all.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Bella3(f): 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
AND HERE I AM WONDERING WHY PEOPLE BECOME ATHEISTS!!! Isnt it pretty clear?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by olede: 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
Gov't or no Gov't Orthodox and Penticostal can never agreed
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Dalion: 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
That made some points
1. Dat he was close to govt.
2. He was warned of the danger.
3. He abandoned all warnings and went ahead to collect the mega Bribe.

Catholic church z for d masses not an individual church.

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Igwe9(m): 3:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jeel: The Catholic ch is anoyed because a pentecostal is heading CAN thats all.
far from it, besides, see where it led us into.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by soloyes(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
Some people are just so dumb and unrealistic. Between now and the past leadership of CAN, which can be said to be more close to the govt? A man who have vehemently condemned even his kisman is now too political for their liking?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Psylas(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
::Andrew:::

Pulling out of CAN means they aint christians. cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Fleming5(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=iyobs7]Divisions and confusions among christians...
1 question, who started it?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by aribisala0(m): 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.
Let us be objective.CAN has been in existence a long time and the Catholic church never pulled out. The Catholic Church is huge in Nigeria and is not the same as the Mountain of Fire and Brimstone. I too think Oritsejafor is too close to the government and there are questions about whether government money paid for his jet. If that is the case why should it be a secret ? Yes it does appear that Oritsejafor is reticent in criticizing this government. He cannot ignore this and if Catholics are not in CAN the CAN has become something else

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by stebell(m): 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Me too i'm waiting for Anglican, Methodist n Deeper Life to also pull out. Enof of all these celebrity posers com M of G

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
soloyes: Some people are just so dumb and unrealistic. Between now and the past leadership of CAN, which can be said to be more close to the govt? A man who have vehemently condemned even his kisman is now too political for their liking?
true
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by INNARMORATA: 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
All of una d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ craze...Na so so pikin full dz nairaland.... as una d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ criticise una slf...Shameless pipl dats wat u guys r...Christians shld b 1 wether catholic or not..Who d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ preach abt church nw? Salvation Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ wat matters..Ndi ara...
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by frankgreat(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
see how Christians are insulting themselves,why wont our muslim brothers laugh at us? we call ourselves christian and we cant make meaningful suggestion without insulting our various churches and pastors/priest...shaking my head for us christians.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by aryzgreat: 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw: If the CAN president was to be a CATHOLIC i dont think they will pull out. Its a case of jealousy or envy. Obviously since Ayo became the president , the Catholic church has become silent and un noticed. What do they mean by being close to the Government? Is GEJ not a christain? by virtue of which he is a member of CAN. Pastor Ayo is the only Christain that have remain outspoken with the killing of christain in the north while others especially the Catholics keeps mum. Always diunity in Chistainity no wounder different denomination.

I can read sentiments written all over ur balderdash!

First if a catholic is d CAN president and behaves d way Pastor oritsejafor does, D catholic bishops conference would have called him to order! Guess d PFN has a lot of work to do!

Secondly, Jealousy over what? CAN presidency has been rotated btwn protestants and d catholic church, so why d jealousy? Cardinal Onaiyekan just finished his term and Pastor Ayo took over, is there any monetary gain of being CAN president which d catholic church cant give its bishop? what jealousy are u talking about bro?

Thirdly, u accused the catholic church of keeping mum? thats laughable! Who among the christian leaders has been more vocal than Bishop hassan kuka of sokoto Diocese, Cardinal okogie of lagos, Cardinal Onaiyekan, Monsignor Osu, d director of communication Abuja Archdioces? How can d catholic keep mum when its mostly catholic churches dat rxv boko haram attack? St Theresa Madalla and co comes to mind. My broda the security challenge at hand requires more diplomatic resolution than mere shouting and telling xtians to arm themselves, is that d teaching of Christ? U should congratulate Cardinal onaiyekan for preaching peace even in d face of provocative attack on catholic church and other xtian churches rada than igniting fire. U handle this issue with maturity else it explodes and those telling u to arm ur self will enter their private jet and fly out.

I demand apology from u for spewing lies against d church in an effort to sound smart, u short ur self on d foot bro. Peace!

16 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by buJu234: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
I am not a Catholic but atleast I am proud of this step...

PFN members are too money conscious these days...

Hope the Methodist; Anglican will follow suit... this is the best time for them to wash their hands free from this POLITICAL C.A.N

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by RexioKlasik(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
equily: Nyc move!!!!!!d church cannot fold it alm n watch tinz danglin, CATHOLIC 4 lyf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,For God And for youth!!!!!!!!!

Through Christ!!! cheesy

Well,all dese things...ah strongly support d Catholic Church bcus Ayo is gradually makin CAN a govt body......wich is not suposed 2 b so...Take it or liv it..dats d true fact

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by UkwuNnu(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: which envy?roman catholic priests are not materialistic like some of your so called pastors,if they want jets there are people that can buy for them,but they are not after the things of this world,they don't need it to do their work

Not materialistic indeed.
Who owns madonna university scattered all around the place? They pay more than half what convenant university pays but they are not one - third close to convenant both in structures and standard.

Oh, I forgot he runs a charity nun home! huh?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
The Catholic Church, Anglican Church, Methodist and all other such orthodox churches are the last hope of Christianity as a religion..

Wolves and leaches have taken over Christianity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.