Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38513 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by romanlaw(m): 3:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
THREE THINGS THAT BIND CATHOLIC CHURCH AND MOSLIMS TOGETHER :

1) THEY PRAY REPETITION PRAYER
2) THEY FOLLOW THEIR SPIRITUAL LEADERS SHEEPISHLY
3) THEY GO TO THEIR PLACE OF WORSHIP EN-MASSE
4) THEY USES CHAPLET FOR PRAYERS
5) THEY HATE OTHER RELIGIOUS OUTFIT WITH PASSION
6) THEY CAN DO ANYTHING TO DEFEND THEIR DOCTRINE......killing

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by brownlord: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: God bless you,they expect us to continue to be part of cash and carry orisa je efo led CAN

What a shame, let the catholic bodies say the truth, is this not the first time a non catholic is leading CAN you see the born to rule mentality with we Nigerians,if it was the catholic leading this same CAN they wont hv reasons to pull out, now it's a non catholic they give all forms of excuse, is this in anyway diff. From the Jona and nothern palava that is tearing this nation apart, had there been a time the same CAN has never been close to the govt? What the objectives of the body to start with, is it not to represent Christians before the govt. so their problem now is that he's too close to the govt. doesnt that suggest to them the reason for been too close is because the govt. is led by a Christian, Abeg let this idiot say what their problem is and stop lying to the public

@ IYA NGBALI and co, you all arenhypocrits

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ballabriggs: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yes O time to put Bishop Orisha-gear-four in his place. This is a man that had a long tussle with the late Idahosa over Church ownership to the extent it was alleged that they sent assassins after themselves.

The fact that Orisha is the leader of CAN is a shame on Christianity in Nigeria. Orisha is a thug, a ganja farmer, today he is the leader of CAN. RIP to the Christian Association of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by UkwuNnu(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
Okija_juju: The Catholic Church, Anglican Church, Methodist and all other such orthodox churches are the last hope of Christianity as a religion..

Wolves and leaches have taken over Christianity.

Arusi, I na eje uka?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by brownlord: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw: THREE THINGS THAT BIND CATHOLIC CHURCH AND MOSLIMS TOGETHER :

1) THEY PRAY REPETITION PRAYER
2) THEY FOLLOW THEIR SPIRITUAL LEADERS SHEEPISHLY
3) THEY GO TO THEIR PLACE OF WORSHIP EN-MASSE
4) THEY USES CHAPLET FOR PRAYERS
5) THEY HATE OTHER RELIGIOUS OUTFIT WITH PASSION
6) THEY CAN DO ANYTHING TO DEFEND THEIR DOCTRINE......killing

You may be right

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pejapaul: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
They wouldn't have done this if a catholic bishop heads the CAN.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
aryzgreat:

I can read sentiments written all over ur balderdash!

First if a catholic is d CAN president and behaves d way Pastor oritsejafor does, D catholic bishops conference would have called him to order! Guess d PFN has a lot of work to do!

Secondly, Jealousy over what? CAN presidency has been rotated btwn protestants and d catholic church, so why d jealousy? Cardinal Onaiyekan just finished his term and Pastor Ayo took over, is there any monetary gain of being CAN president which d catholic church cant give its bishop? what jealousy are u talking about bro?

Thirdly, u accused the catholic church of keeping mum? thats laughable! Who among the christian leaders has been more vocal than Bishop hassan kuka of sokoto Diocese, Cardinal okogie of lagos, Cardinal Onaiyekan, Monsignor Osu, d director of communication Abuja Archdioces? How can d catholic keep mum when its mostly catholic churches dat rxv boko haram attack? St Theresa Madalla and co comes to mind. My broda the security challenge at hand requires more diplomatic resolution than mere shouting and telling xtians to arm themselves, is that d teaching of Christ? U should congratulate Cardinal onaiyekan for preaching peace even in d face of provocative attack on catholic church and other xtian churches rada than igniting fire. U handle this issue with maturity else it explodes and those telling u to arm ur self will enter their private jet and fly out.

I demand apology from u for spewing lies against d church in an effort to sound smart, u short ur self on d foot bro. Peace!

Pastor Oritsejafor Emerges CAN President
ABUJA - The National President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, (PFN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor has emerged the new President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in an election held in Abuja.
He defeated the incumbent Most Rev. John Onaiyekan at the National Executive Committee, NEC in a keenly contested election.
Oritsejafor by this feat has become the first Pentecostal president of the 34-year old bodyof Christians in Nigeria.
Reports say that CAN presidency has rotated between the Catholic Church which had produced three presidents, the Anglican Communion and the Methodist Church Nigeria, who had one slot each.
Oritsejafor polled 66 votes while Onaiyekan garnered 38 votes to emerge winner from the 104 NEC members’ who were accredited to vote during the elections.
In preparation for the elections in June at the Electoral; College, Oritsejafor secured eight votes while the outgoing president, Most Rev.Onaiyekan and his vice president, Most Rev. Daniel Okoh had four and three votes each.
It was also learnt that with this development, Oritsejafor would be recommended to the National Assembly of CAN at the same venue for ratification as the next National President of the umbrella body of Christians in Nigeria.
It was also learnt that the ratification of Oritsejafor and his deputy would be done by simple majority votes by the representatives qualified to vote.
In his reaction, Oritsejafor attributed his victory to God who he said would also give him the needed enablement to accomplish the desires of the Christians in the country.
http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/08072010/news/national/news2.html
The link above shows that Onaiyekan was defeated.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by danny301: 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
This is the kind of hypocrisy that will not allow anything good to happen in this country... Is the CAN Chairman suppose engage the federal govt in a physical fight? Oritsejafor, though am not his fan has openly condemned several activities of the govt, especially the way boko-haram issue have being handled....

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ballabriggs: 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
brownlord:

What a shame, let the catholic bodies say the truth, is this not the first time a non catholic is leading CAN you see the born to rule mentality with we Nigerians,if it was the catholic leading this same CAN they wont hv reasons to pull out, now it's a non catholic they give all forms of excuse, is this in anyway diff. From the Jona and nothern palava that is tearing this nation apart, had there been a time the same CAN has never been close to the govt? What the objectives of the body to start with, is it not to represent Christians before the govt. so their problem now is that he's too close to the govt. doesnt that suggest to them the reason for been too close is because the govt. is led by a Christian, Abeg let this idiot say what their problem is and stop lying to the public

@ IYA NGBALI and co, you all arenhypocrits

Was Sunday Mbang a catholic? You are the hypocrite here.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Leadn(m): 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ukwu_Nnu:

Arusi, I na eje uka?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Delafruita(m): 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: SHAME
Look at what the church of Jesus Christ has turned to!
I am catholic, i am anglican, i am redeemed.. A BIG SHAME TO YOU ALL.

As much as i agree that that the president of CAN has not been representing christians well, the catholic church should have called for dailogue rather than pulling out. This action just creates more division in the body of christ.
the "body of christ" is totally confused.christians and their melodrama
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ehispapa(m): 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
It is a pity that most people still don't know that being a catholic, Anglican and or penticostal doesn't make one a christian. But living an exemplary life of our lord Jesus Christ. Your being a member of a particular body can never take you to heaven except you make your ways right before God. Its a shame to see Christians displayed such division amongst them self, i still don't know when CAN became a penticostal thing, that you all are attacking them. that they decide to pull out is not a reason to attack a particular section, because its an umbrella body consisting of several other section of christianity.Afterall i knew that Christ embassy is not a member of CAN so does that make them any better than others? certainly not...we should be careful with our words against the church of christ. If unbelievers should insult the church, why should we do same? my thought anyway...

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by brownlord: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
ballabriggs: Yes O time to put Bishop Orisha-gear-four in his place. This is a man that had a long tussle with the late Idahosa and it was alleged that they snt assassins after themselves.

The fact that Orisha is the leader of CAN is a shame on Christianity in Nigeria. Orisha is a thug, a ganja farmer, today he is the leader of CAN. RIP to the Christian Association of Nigeria.

Which of the idahosa? You mean arch bishop benson idahosa? I just pity you, see how you lying to urself, the same idahosa that was spiritual father / mentor to ayo, you want to incure Gods wrought
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Goke7: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
I think The Cathloic Church is just playing Holier than thou atitude! This is a very bad signal especially at this critical time and am sure the real enemies of Nigeria are rejoicing now. Pastor Ayo will not be CAN President forever, his tenure will surely come to an end so if the new CAN President is a catholic then they will be back abi? Its a pity, the Catholic Church surely has goofed on this one even though they say it is at the National Level. What about all the scandals we hear from the Vatican. The former CAN President[who is a catholic] was very close to the Presidency just recently when he was made a Cardinal, the Presidency was fully involved and when he was CAN President he was also heavily criticised but no one pulled out. It's so painful that Christians cannot take a united stand on the way forward for this country. I have my reservations about Pastor Ayo but the truth is he has been more vocal than the former CAN President on issues about the nation and has always made this known even in the presence of President Jonathan. The Catholic Church should wake up and stop playing God! All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Roman Catholic till I die!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Bella3(f): 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
Delafruita: the "body of christ" is totally confused.christians and their melodrama
I WISH I COULD DISAGREE.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
INNARMORATA: All of una d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ craze...Na so so pikin full dz nairaland.... as una d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ criticise una slf...Shameless pipl dats wat u guys r...Christians shld b 1 wether catholic or not..Who d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ preach abt church nw? Salvation Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ wat matters..Ndi ara...

Lee le, Achiri
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by brownlord: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Was Sunday Mbang a catholic? You are the hypocrite here.

Stop lying to urself bro, Orisejafor is the first president of CAN who's a Pentecostal, let stop fooling ourselves if we say we Christians, this is not Muslims or other religion, mind you they watching us
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Bella3(f): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Roman Catholic till I die!
WOW!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Symphony007: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
CAN is too close to government? But the catholic church is always lobbying government on anti-contraceptives and gay legislations. Your "holy church" is ridden in corruption and shrouded ih secrecy!! Please you are no different from the other cronnies in that ghastly organisation!!!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by romanlaw(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Roman Catholic till I die!

CHRISTAIN TILL I DIE

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ballabriggs: 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
brownlord:

Which of the idahosa? You mean arch bishop benson idahosa? I just pity you, see how you lying to urself, the same idahosa that was spiritual father / mentor to ayo, you want to incure Gods wrought

Close your mouth, they hard a long tussle in the 1980s over Church ownership in Benin. If you were not born then or to young to know the story please ask the elders in your home.

Orisha is a fraud and a thug. He is not a model for any aspiring Christian leader. Christian leaders are known to be meek ala John Paul II and Benedict XIV, but what we have in Orisha is an ex drug addict. He confessed to given up drugs but with the way he carries himself, I doubt it.

Is that the man you want the likes of Okogie, Most Rev Obinna and the gentleman Onaiyekan to be associated with? Tufiakwa.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ballabriggs: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
brownlord:

Stop lying to urself bro, Orisejafor is the first president of CAN who's a Pentecostal, let stop fooling ourselves if we say we Christians, this is not Muslims or other religion, mind you they watching us

But you said non-catholic? You see, you are a liar.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by obicentlis: 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
Catholic Church 4 life!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by princemaicheal: 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.
As much as i like the person of Oritsejafor for his hard work and dedication,i will like to state her that as the the number figure in such a sensitive positive position as CAN, his utterances,conduct should be guided by the best ethical standard attainable.By buying or accepting a private jet in a country where christian's are being killed in the North and poverty level is on the increase among other things,show the disregard Oritsejafor has for the people he profess to be guilding/defending.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Teddy3: 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
Some churches were not even part of can in the first place
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by mascot87(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
Say all you want, criticize all you desire,spill every rubbish you can, insult as much as you can but one thing remains constant and unchangeable. The Catholic Church will always stand for what they believe and there is no going back. Again, dont you think it is wrong when everyone is heading towards one direction?what if it is a wrong direction.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by italo: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
I find it amusing and confusing that the same people who say "Catholics are not Christians" are the one crying "why did they leave the CHRISTIAN Association of Nigeria."

Shouldn't they be rejoicing?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by mascot87(m): 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Psylas: still u'r not a good xtian
And how does dancing azonto make him a bad Christian?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Seh Catholic church na church b4 church osi church iranu Boko aram ni oko won
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: WOW!

Was that shocking ?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by caesaraba(m): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
italo: I find it amusing and confusing that the same people who say "Catholics are not Christians" are the ones crying "why did they leave the CHRISTIAN Association of Nigeria."

Shouldn't they be rejoicing?

I honestly wonder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video) / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.