Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,660 members, 7,958,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (261838 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
Quite rightly ma, you answered the first set of questions by yourself and Maya
FIRST QUESTION

Maya2pretty:@biolabee polygamy bawo? y wont monogamy work? pls its not an option and as 4 a rich guy, to me a rich guy is a successful guy (mainly in career, with good investments) that can take care of all his needs without breakin a sweat which extends into takin care of his wants without breakin a sweat, or maybe few drops lol

biolabee:
this defintion of rich in my opinion extends to politicians, government contractors and middle aged guys not always the young dudes
So are these kind of guys available to single ladies except divorcees or baby daddys

I suggested polygamy to know what this forum thought since economic empowerment is not really an issue for you guys
So all those olden days of jealousy and in fighting over property is a non-issue

So will empowered young women consider this

I then asked another set
SECOND QUESTION

carmelion
Hmmm....From this your post I can only understand two things

1)Why are ladies after money
2)The economic situation is not favourable too the guys
3)The ladies should now agree to share their men.so that nobody would be left "outside"

Now let me ask you?Is it that you re a married man so,you know what you will gain if women agree to this.--->extra kitties right?But then,you guys don't need us to agree na before you do your thing.I mean some married men stiil cheat.

Now if you are a single guy,what will you gain,if we agree,I mean you stil need more money to run a polygamous home,you know.

Please I need answers because you not the only one that has brought this issue up here.

biolabee
ermm... before they tag me polygamic cheesy

1. I never said ladies are after money but wanted to really understand what constitutes a rich man to the single ladies
Someone i think xyoung has actually tried to expatiate on a spectrum of males but obviously this is not enough as what i hear is someone who can thow down

What do women really want in this aspect as life is full of ups and down
The richguy today may be a normal guy tomorrow while the nerd/akushe of today is the lord of the manor tomorrow

2. Economically the reality is that today women are empowered and can on their own pay for vacations, toys and stuff so why do they still ask for this requirement of guys being wealthy

Is it linked to the olden days of "if u suffer with a man, he will leave you? tongue"

3. On sharing, what are the common vices of polygamy?
children fighting over inheritance, women left in the lurch after the death of the man, bla bla bla - it all comes to money and comfort

If the women are comfortable, would they be open to polygamy since their financial future is supposedly independent of the man

This is better than the neo-modernistic notion of "impreganate-me-i-dont-want-a-hubby" girls you see nowadays

Now for single v married

I put it to you that polygamy is even more stressful than just having free kitty have you tried managing one woman, try 2

the woman has kids for you o.. issus like school fees, naming, hospital runs, sharing resources equally etc

Only a foolish man will say he prefers polygamy to cheating on his wife with a girl that knows the deal already
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
carmelion: @smartie girl,bukatayne,ivynwa,lutadoll,thank you.

@miss blanche,cheer up doll,its one of those things

@the guys,thanks for all your advice

@the new members,doncoliio,alora lord,Ayodot,realking and dagr8(not so new)especially causewahala,you re welcomed to the thread. Don't mind us o,we are not always like this but you know,here is full of people with different views and background. So we all must not agree.

@ All,thanks for holding down the thread. Like I said we all must not agree but let us not get things personal. If someone says something,please be sure you understood the post before you comment.

If you disagree,please do that in a civilised manner. Feel free to post anything you want,say your mind but please remember the purpose of the thread.
I actually opened this thread for single ladies but am happy that the guys joined us too.

From their comments I have learnt a lot about men,and what they expect from women. Our world and their world are different so ,sometimes we get confused about how best to compliment each other.

To the single Ladies,there is a story/an experience I would share here,but I would save it for any day am less busy,perhaps on a weekend. I don't really know what to call it but Its about your safety as a woman. We should really be mindful about how we stay out when it is dark.

Thanks everyone ,goodmorningkiss

Thanks for opening the thread and giving us the opportunity to discuss.

Your e-you deserves a husband who is loving.

As to what men want in women...

Every man is unique and have different qualities he would admire in his wife. Let's learn what our man wants and not what men want.

Have a blessed day.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
carmelion: Thanks ivynwa,wooow, that's a big teddy bear you 've got there! cheesy

there are some dolls,i have not seen it in awhile

@Mayapretty,rubi26,rita lewisky,Auntynurse,greedoll,Cowgurl,Caracta,Humblebygrace,Ampeaceful,Graphy,Sheybor,evelyn006,eihmub,Bec,Cutjay,Anitank,Winneygirl'all the ladies that once posted on the thread,i hope you re all okay? smiley

@Edelweiss,thanks for stopping by,i know you must have been very busy,you left when the thread was on page 18,just keep up at your own pace,hope bussiness is going on well?

These guys are missing. lol,Chikeorji,Honerico,Dahonestboss,Dipwaters,Soyedele,Dailynews,Phinalphantasy,Simpleyeahmee,
passionate88,Kabonic,Charliemorgano,Rooneyboy,Meilyn,Kengali eeeem,i hope am not forgetting anyone?.Xyoung,Madrista007.SamjonnyB,Biolabee,phew!.hope you guys are doing great?take it easy with the hustling cool.

The list is so long mehn,just checking on everyone.
Awww..nice of you...I just started a new job in the IT dept of a coy...quite a lot to learn and it makes me just read...

4 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by madridsta007(m): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
Nice of you Carmelion to remember me... I'm blushing here...

Well, like you may have guessed, I have been ever so busy... Airports and trains, lol, been doing a lot of international travels, work-related anyway. Your beautiful thread needs time to give ones opinion and advice- basically my absence is down to the fact that I always want to give a concise and detailed advice, which may include me reading up other people's comment and perhaps a small research before 'posting'. And work's eating up that time, sorry! (hugs)

I will be back, I promise. By the way, this thread has gone over 60 pages, kudos!

Warmest regards from me.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
@carmidoll. Where have u been truout yesterday? Missed you.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by madridsta007(m): 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ivynwa: @ Carmelion

Sweet girl.
You know I once read some of your post and wondered why the guys are not seeing well enough to simply sweep you off your feet kiss. Do have a day full of good for you and don't mind that Simayanki boy. Don't let him get to you, okay Baby? Hugs to you.

hahaha@ Ivynwa... Are you sure? Girls like carmelion are so 'taken'- that's the general preconceived idea anyway.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
feels so good to see you guys again,good to know that you guys are ok smiley

@eihmub,I understand,May God see us through.Even those who have jobs are looking for a better one

@Evelyn.I see you dear.

@Ichidodo,I missed you too bou-bou cheesy,I had a low ba3+bad mood.Trust me,all has been fixed! smiley

@Phinal,Congrats on your new job,so where the parry at?,We need to wash that job cool

@Madridsta.I miss your posts,they were so insightful,You say it as it is.I look forward to it,soon(hugs back)

@bukatayne,thank you for everything kiss. You speak with so much maturity,i read your posts to bits.

@biolabee,am trying to see how I can answer the question o,its gonna be kinda long,

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
biolabee:

ermm... before they tag me polygamic cheesy

1. I never said ladies are after money but wanted to. really understand what constitutes a rich man to the single ladies
Someone i think xyoung has actually tried to expatiate on a spectrum of males but obviously this is not enough as what i hear is someone who can thow down

What do women really want in this aspect as life is full of ups and down
The richguy today may be a normal guy tomorrow while the nerd/akushe of today is the lord of the manor tomorrow

2. Economically the reality is that today women are empowered and can on their own pay for vacations, toys and stuff. so why do they still ask for this requirement of guys being wealthy

Is it linked to the olden days of "if u suffer with a man, he will leave you? tongue"

3. On sharing, what are the common vices of polygamy?
children fighting over inheritance, women left in the lurch after the death of the man, bla bla bla - it all comes to money and comfort

If the women are comfortable, would they be open to polygamy since their financial future is supposedly independent of the man

This is better than the neo-modernistic notion of "impreganate-me-i-dont-want-a-hubby" girls you see nowadays

This is to Biolabee and the other guys who wonder why women who work, or who are very comfortable, still looks forward to guys giving them money.I answered no 1 and no 3 earlier so this is the answer to no 2

Well I am just here to share my opinion. Please other members should feel free to share theirs. We know there are good men who truly fall in love with a lady who has it all, but there are some who are gold diggers, sheep in wolf clothing.

Some men who are very wealthy believes that every lady who smiles at them wants to get close because of his money. Some guys even go as far as disguising themselves, acting poor just to know if a lady would still tag along. That is the same way a lady who is very rich, naturally believes that any guy who approaches her for a relationship is just after her money. Nobody wants to be a fool.

So to answer your question, rich women still look for rich men because they want to be sure that you truly love them, not their money. I mean, you have money, so why would you still need their money?.

Now you asked, is it because there is a belief that when a woman helps a man, he will leave her later in the future?

Well, girls do it to guys too. We hear stories about a man, training a girl in school, hoping to marry her, only for her to abandon the man, for another person. Too sad, I tell. But did it stop other guys from doing it? No, some guys still do it up till today. Life itself is full of risks.

So I believe some rich women still go out of their way to help a poor man, who seems to be in love with them. They brush them up, even before presenting them to their family. They even agree to keep it a secret. So when you see them, you will think the man is actually as wealthy as the girl. Forget some of these pictures. It is only the woman, her closest friend and the man’s family that would know what is happening.

As for the ones you see waiting for a rich man to come and marry the, it is either because, they have had a terrible experience with the last guy they helped, or it happened to some one they know. But either way, they are just scared. Or wait!

Maybe, at their at their present level, no SINGLE guy has even approached them, only the married ones. You know when a woman has so much money; it is very intimidating to the guys. As in how would they take her out? Is it on a bike? Or in a taxi ? Can they afford her bills? A whole lot of things.? Or may be they don’t feel a thing for the single guy that approached them.

Phew! , my brother, there are soooooooo many reasons why that woman in your office, next to your house, in your church is single. I hope I answered at least 40%of your question
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
madridsta007:

hahaha@ Ivynwa... Are you sure? Girls like carmelion are so 'taken'- that's the general preconceived idea anyway.

yeah,that's one problem,we ladies face sometimes,everyone just assumes you are in a relationship.

Guys just don't bother coming close to you,cos they feel it is a waste of time.They talk among themselves and say "Haaba,she must have been taken by now,Or you think you are the only one that likes good thing".

I don't know why its like that,cos it might interest you to know that most of these ladies ,you feel are taken,are actually single .But you know,women are wired to wait till the man asks her out. sad

My last boyfriend and I were actually just friends but i admired him so much,wishing he would just ask me out.

You should have seen how happy I was, when he told me how he feels about me cheesy.Months into our relationship,I confessed to him that i was actually tripping for him.We usually laugh over it.Some times he will tease me and say,'shey you know ,you were the one dying for me?lol.

Well these days,guys still walk up to me,i still get toasts on facebook but..........phew! i don't know.

To the guys,please don't assume she is taken,unless you have seen her with a particular guy.Walk up to her,there might just be some 'unannouced vacancy' grin.You never can tell.Learn how to know that 'we are interested'
.when we say it with body language.(Phinalphantasy is a coach in that,ask him,through PM)lol.

To the ladies,you have heard it naa,.Don't let any guy block somebody's view.Make sure that any man who likes coming around is serious with you.Some serious dude might just be observing you from afar,wondering whether he should come or not.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
carmelion:
feels so good to see you guys again,good to know that you guys are ok smiley

@eihmub,I understand,May God see us through.Even those who have jobs are looking for a better one

@Evelyn.I see you dear.

@Ichidodo,I missed you too bou-bou cheesy,I had a low ba3+bad mood.Trust me,all has been fixed! smiley

@Phinal,Congrats on your new job,so where the parry at?,We need to wash that job cool

@Madridsta.I miss your posts,they were so insightful,You say it as it is.I look forward to it,soon(hugs back)

@bukatyne,thank you for everything kiss. You speak with so much maturity,i read your posts to bits.

@biolabee,am trying to see how I can answer the question o,its gonna be kinda long,

Thanks kiss. You also sound very matured too.

Me likey how you handled sim... and those two flirting guys wink

I'm sure you will marry bukatayne as you dey confuse bukatyne with bukatayne cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
carmelion: Thanks ivynwa,wooow, that's a big teddy bear you 've got there! cheesy

there are some dolls,i have not seen it in awhile

@Mayapretty,rubi26,rita lewisky,Auntynurse,greedoll,Cowgurl,Caracta,Humblebygrace,Ampeaceful,Graphy,Sheybor,evelyn006,eihmub,Bec,Cutjay,Anitank,Winneygirl'all the ladies that once posted on the thread,i hope you re all okay? smiley

@Edelweiss,thanks for stopping by,i know you must have been very busy,you left when the thread was on page 18,just keep up at your own pace,hope bussiness is going on well?

These guys are missing. lol,Chikeorji,Honerico,Dahonestboss,Dipwaters,ITbomb,2buff,Soyedele,Dailynews,Phinalphantasy,Simpleyeahmee,
passionate88,Kabonic,Charliemorgano,Rooneyboy,Meilyn,Kengali eeeem,i hope am not forgetting anyone?.Xyoung,Madrista007.SamjonnyB,Biolabee,phew!.hope you guys are doing great?take it easy with the hustling cool.

The list is so long mehn,just checking on everyone.
Thanks 4 remembering me.. Der is actually no day I dnt visit dis thread, is jst dat I av almost nothing 2 say.. bt believe wen I say I've learnt a lot.. I luv u soooo much
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by madridsta007(m): 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
carmelion:

yeah,that's one problem,we ladies face sometimes,everyone just assumes you are in a relationship.

Guys just don't bother coming close to you,cos they feel it is a waste of time.They talk among themselves and say "Haaba,she must have been taken by now,Or you think you are the only one that likes good thing".

I don't know why its like that,cos it might interest you to know that most of these ladies ,you feel are taken,are actually single .But you know,women are wired to wait till the man asks her out. sad

My last boyfriend and I were actually just friends but i admired him so much,wishing he would just ask me out.

You should have seen how happy I was, when he told me how he feels about me cheesy.Months into our relationship,I confessed to him that i was actually tripping for him.We usually laugh over it.Some times he will tease me and say,'shey you know ,you were the one dying for me?lol.

Well these days,guys still walk up to me,i still get toasts on facebook but..........phew! i don't know.

To the guys,please don't assume she is taken,unless you have seen her with a particular guy.Walk up to her,there might just be some 'unannouced vacancy' grin.You never can tell.Learn how to know that 'we are interested'
.when we say it with body language.(Phinalphantasy is a coach in that,ask him,through PM)lol.

To the ladies,you have heard it naa,.Don't let any guy block somebody's view.Make sure that any man who likes coming around is serious with you.Some serious dude might just be observing you from afar,wondering whether he should come or not.

Hahaha! I knew someone would pick that up, and I am glad you did. Anyway, I say its a generally held idea, especially when guys see a girl spewing out wisdom and honest-counselling words.

I also think its a wrong idea, but I don't blame guys who think that way. Lack of confidence, past experience, strong presumptions or even the behaviour and mannerisms of the lady could put the guy off. There are a few pretty unmarried ladies I know that go about wearing an engagement ring. As a friend or colleague when I ask them if they are engaged, they usually say, 'I am wearing the ring in faith'. Lol. Such inaccurate faith anyway.

I've since left that school of thought, if I am interested in someone, I say it straightaway and start talking, after taking sometime to pray and study that person. The worst I can get is 'no', but 'no' thankfully doesn't kill a person. Lol..

I'll be back... Bless you! It's awesome to be thought of!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
Phinalphantasy:
Awww..nice of you...I just started a new job in the IT dept of a coy...quite a lot to learn and it makes me just read...

Congrats bro

Carmi, its just the second part that was unanswered, i put the whole thing just to show the thought flow
missblanche will be waiting for your response also
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by cowgurl: 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
Awwwwwwwwww Carmy, so sweet of you to check in on me - am fabulous hun and 'v been admiring you and your sense of maturity from afar.

Honestly, I really do appreciate seeing you here doing the things you do and am very positive lives
have been touched and helped through this.

So thank you so much love for your time, resources, dedication and committment to this...hugs and kisses.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by missblessiN(f): 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
MissblessiN
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Kandiiikane(m): 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2013
Lmaoo! I KNOW my lips are big and I am PROUD of them because I am wonderfully blessed. So, nothing do am. The matter here was when wowo people decide to pick on something to make themselves good when there faces nor even match. I can get away with big lips but nor many can get away with an ugly face. Anyway, each to their own. It hasn't deterred suitors, in fact, they love it. kiss

In fact, for those wondering what these lips look like. It's on my profile. Una yarn dust! I nor send. cool
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2013
Sorry?
I guess you posted in the wrong thread. Besides, your post and gender are conflicting.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Kandiiikane(m): 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
Excusee Meh? undecided
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
Hiii everyone...smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by dagr8(m): 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2013
carmelion: @smartie girl,bukatayne,ivynwa,lutadoll,thank you.

@miss blanche,cheer up doll,its one of those things

@the guys,thanks for all your advice

@the new members,doncoliio,alora lord,Ayodot,realking and dagr8 not so new)especially causewahala,you re welcomed to the thread. Don't mind us o,we are not always like this but you know,here is full of people with different views and background. So we all must not agree.

@ All,thanks for holding down the thread. Like I said we all must not agree but let us not get things personal. If someone says something,please be sure you understood the post before you comment.

If you disagree,please do that in a civilised manner. Feel free to post anything you want,say your mind but please remember the purpose of the thread.
I actually opened this thread for single ladies but am happy that the guys joined us too.

From their comments I have learnt a lot about men,and what they expect from women. Our world and their world are different so ,sometimes we get confused about how best to compliment each other.

To the single Ladies,there is a story/an experience I would share here,but I would save it for any day am less busy,perhaps on a weekend. I don't really know what to call it but Its about your safety as a woman. We should really be mindful about how we stay out when it is dark.

Thanks everyone ,goodmorningkiss
Hey thanks...i feel gr8

i sent u a PM
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
missblessiN: Me and bf are having communication issues, i stay 5hours away wat shld i do?

You are welcome to the thread dearsmiley. You guys are having communication issues as in how?

You send him a text and he does not reply on time?

or he does things (travelling/getting a new job)without letting you know?,

Or what exactly?

Would you mind telling us the age bracket of both you and your boify?,it might help.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
dagr8:
Hey thanks...i feel gr8

i sent u a PM

Ok,check your inboxsmiley.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
missblanche: Hiii everyone...smiley
Haaalllooo!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
all the single ladies !!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
ichidodo: Haaalllooo!
Hey smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
missblessiN: Me and bf are having communication issues, i stay 5hours away wat shld i do?

Do you mean the distance between the two of you is a 5-hour journey OR there's a 5-hour time difference between you two
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
missblanche: Hiii everyone...smiley

nice to c u back
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
Kandiiikane: Lmaoo! I KNOW my lips are big and I am PROUD of them because I am wonderfully blessed. So, nothing do am. The matter here was when wowo people decide to pick on something to make themselves good when there faces nor even match. I can get away with big lips but nor many can get away with an ugly face. Anyway, each to their own. It hasn't deterred suitors, in fact, they love it. kiss

In fact, for those wondering what these lips look like. It's on my profile. Una yarn dust! I nor send. cool
Nothing wrong with those lips ma'am...*me likey*
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by missblessiN(f): 12:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Would you mind telling us.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by missblessiN(f): 12:34am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=alutacontinua]
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 15, 2013
I think he should be able to make out time for you if he really loves you. Yes, he can be tired but at least, you guys should be communicating. How about chats and all dt Do you av any means of chatting lyk BB or whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.