Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (255806 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by YOUNGKAHUNA: 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
Men: Big Butt, Brea...st, & What's between her
legs...Any woman can give you that! But
LOYALTY, RESPECT, HONOR, SUPPORT, LOVE, & ATTENTION. Only Real Women Can Give You That!

Ladies: Money, Fancy Cars, Good Looks, & Whats between his legs...Any man can give
you that! But LOYALTY, COMMITMENT,
SUPPORT, LOVE, HONOR, & ATTENTION. Only Real Men Can Give You That!

#Kahuna

9 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by greedie1(f): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
chikeorji123:

Are u turning ur office into match setting?..l suggest u focus on main reason while u launch this thread. (personal opinion).But if ur fans needed that,they should target offline not on net..(personal opinion also)..
carmydoll, i was just abt to write sometin lyk dis...

i don't lyk wat some guys r turning dis thread into. we need to focus pls.....

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by honeric01(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
faithuak: Need a gud,matured,responsible and caring guy 4 keep,qualification-(masters in honesty and cutebility)send ur Cv to www.____2geda happily eva afta (wink*Lol)

A want wrapped in a joke. grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by MadLion: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
Boss13:

Dude I am sorry ladies leave you because you are not materially up to their standard. True, our ladies are now materialistic but guess what nobody wants to drink garri and hope for a brighter day. A woman is like a flower, treat her nice and she will blossom. So for an ill-cultured man like yourself, who go around insulting people, I will never reduce myself to your class. I will also repeat what I told you previously. Go and get a life and a proper one for that matter. You would be surprised at how your perception would change.

Sorry OP for derailing. Some dude..... Phew

ABSOLUTELY NONSENSICAL grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin. U hv a brain as small as a N/I/P/P/L/E.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by anitank(f): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
SINGLE as in "not in a relationship" or as in "not married"??
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chikeorji123(m): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
austushi1:

In as much as I kinda like ur face, after searching on twitter thru ur handle, and also feel ur story, I do not like d way u respond to single guys or guys dat are ready to mingle! How do u intend to get a guy if u keep replying dis way? Dis is actually ur 2nd reply to a single guy or a guy dat wants to mingle, and its nothing 2write home about. Very discouraging!

Meanwhile, d major reason y majority of u ladies are treated wrongly is because ur more concerned with material things! Guy wey hold side!! Then wat should happen to single graduates like me( with a bright future) looking for a job and love? As far as I'm concerned, if u wnt a guy dat would respect u, hv just u, treat u like a lady, n finally puts dat ring on ur finger, u should 4get about made guys and give dat single graduate with a lot of hope, a chance! When u guys suffer together and make it together, he'll never leave u. What do u think?

Nice comment!..my dear ladies target guy that are still struggle to rise!..stay clear from Made guys,majority of them play u ladies like draft.But struggle guys? atleast u ladies will have some leverage..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
Graphy: Graphydoll...very single,bt kiping it low 4 nw.
Welcome graphydoll,everything would be finesmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
anitank: SINGLE as in "not in a relationship" or as in "not married"??
Welcome anitadoll,its single as in lonely

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by MadLion: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
chikeorji123:

Mad lion..l don't think u are,do u mind if l address u as happy lion?..

Go ryt ahead grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by kittykat1(f): 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
Oga, ur advice is wrong. I have dated a broke ass man, who as Godfearing and caring. When I helped him a secure a job in a lucrative field and aslo assisted him to gt his first car and flat, he be came the biggest womanizer on earth. Infact I heard from outsiders that his family said that I was dating him cos he is now succesful. This is because he refused to tell his family the truth about how I helped him.

This same person has only bouht me a 3,500 earring in a 3yrs relationship cos his friends forced him. This is someone I buy all his clothes and so whatever it takes to move hois future forward. What do u think someone lik me will do after such an experience?

And all my friends advised me against the realtionship then as they felt he was a gold-digger but I refused to listen. I wanted to be the kind of woman that helped her man grow. Now that he is rich, he wants to enjoy all that he hasn't enjoyed in his hole life. He ants to be a Big Boy chasing all the Big and small girls in town. D worst part is that he never acknowledges that I ever helped him.

I have learnt my lesson. I will never be any man's messaiah.

Mad Lion:

U r da one here hurt wit all diz blah blah blah advise to women. U will neva hv cum here talking abt advise if u hv not find urself in diz predicament. Dat fact dat most women tek material stuff into consideration b4 liking at pertinent issues, men will always play Tom n jerry wit women. I am not saying women shld go for men in abject poverty but don't u think its more senslble to find out whether da guy rili luvs u, he is committed, not a player than Jux jumping into a relationship wit a man cuz u can see his car, house, nice clothes .......etc before realising dat he is up to no good. If u hv done da first one, i can assure u, u won't be here trying to give advise to young girls. grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by 2legit2qwt: 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
carmelion:
Welcome anitadoll,its single as in lonely

but single doesn't necessarily equate loneliness
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by deepwaters(f): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author- austushi]

Meanwhile, d major reason y majority of u ladies are treated wrongly is because ur more concerned with material things! Guy wey hold side!! Then wat should happen to single graduates like me( with a bright future) looking for a job and love? As far as I'm concerned, if u wnt a guy dat would respect u, hv just u, treat u like a lady, n finally puts dat ring on ur finger, u should 4get about made guys and give dat single graduate with a lot of hope, a chance! When u guys suffer together and make it together, he'll never leave u. What do u think?[/quote]

Its been said many times that ladies should stop looking for 'made' men and accept guys with 'bright future', and help them grow, that way the guy will respect them blablabala. sadly, it desnt always work that way. Someone very close to me married that so called modest and promising guy. In fact, he had only a first degree and was a teacher. But she advised him to stop teaching and go to UI for his masters. After his masters he wanted to start looking for a job but she encouraged him to go ahead and do a phd. All this while, he was a full time student, and for 10 years and four children, d woman was taking care of everything with her midwife/nurse salary in a mission hospital. The man would send lists of provisions dat the woman would purchase and bring to him on the campus all the way from benue. The man would come home to give her belle, then go back to school. On dat man's phd thesis, all his children, parents and grand parents were acknowledged, but no mention of his wife. He got a job as a lecturer, he's earning big money now, and what did he do? He filed for divorce. She wasn't a bad woman, wasn't demanding, wasn't proud. She didn't enjoy the mans 'wealth', but she didn't complain. He treated her badly to force her out of the house, but she was ready to bear it all. The man had to take it to court, even there, he couldn't say how the woman wronged him. Everyone kept wondering why he would forsake such a gem. They are separated now, but the woman still prays her 'husband' will come back to his senses. Anyway, let me add that the man got his Phd in 1988, this is 2013, but he isn't even smelling the title of professor. I can only say its so 'cos the woman is no longer there. That's how many men take good women for granted, so no one should blame ladies who decide to avoid the stress and seek already green pastures.
(Pardon d long tale)

10 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
gree-die:

carmydoll, i was just abt to write sometin lyk dis...

i don't lyk wat some guys r turning dis thread into. we need to focus pls.....
Thank you gree doll and chike for your concern.You have been with me from the onset of this thread.I agree with you but that would be like telling Mad lion to stop his attitude here.I mean I can't stop him/them.I can only be diplomatic.Besides ,people meet differently but I think at this junction,I would raise a disclaimer.Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Goldpeas(m): 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]everybody is talking about experience huh? Well in my own conclusion, love, relationship is just but a fairytale...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Boss13: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
chikeorji123:

Nice comment!..my dear ladies target guy that are still struggle to rise!..stay clear from Made guys,majority of them play u ladies like draft.But struggle guys? atleast u ladies will have some leverage..

Chike what do you mean by struggling guys? Struggling in your definition as - one room apartment, okada-riding, O' level kind of struggling? Please explain I wan know.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chikeorji123(m): 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
Emma_esty: @ Carmydoll, i've learnt a lot of things from this thread nd i want 2 say dat u're d best. I've never been in a relationship but i hope 2 find the right person soon cos i'm not getting younger btw call me Emmydoll.

Hi Emmydoll!..don't worry God got ur back,one thing l'm confident with is every ladies have their own unique partner!..as far as u absten from sex..it's provoke God madly then abandon u to get more than what u bargain for which is HEARTBROKEN..or even run the risk of missing ur partner to be b/c u can't eat ur cake & have it..So my dear stay put he ill surely come!..

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
kitty kat: Oga, ur advice is wrong. I have dated a broke ass man, who as Godfearing and caring. When I helped him a secure a job in a lucrative field and aslo assisted him to gt his first car and flat, he be came the biggest womanizer on earth. Infact I heard from outsiders that his family said that I was dating him cos he is now succesful. This is because he refused to tell his family the truth about how I helped him.

This same person has only bouht me a 3,500 earring in a 3yrs relationship cos his friends forced him. This is someone I buy all his clothes and so whatever it takes to move hois future forward. What do u think someone lik me will do after such an experience?

And all my friends advised me against the realtionship then as they felt he was a gold-digger but I refused to listen. I wanted to be the kind of woman that helped her man grow. Now that he is rich, he wants to enjoy all that he hasn't enjoyed in his hole life. He ants to be a Big Boy chasing all the Big and small girls in town. D worst part is that he never acknowledges that I ever helped him.

It pains me so much when I hear these stories.
Your inhibitions are perfectly understandable.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by drnoel: 5:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies

Now put your hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up, I'm doing my own little thing
Decided to dip and now you wanna trip
'Cause another brother noticed me

I'm up on him, he up on me
Don't pay him any attention
Just cried my tears, for three good years
Ya can't be mad at me

'Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
'Cause if you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it

I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips
Got me tighter in my Dereon jeans
Acting up, drink in my cup
I can care less what you think

I need no permission, did I mention
'Cause you had your turn, and now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Don't treat me to the things of the world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve

Here's a man that makes me, then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms, say I'm the one you own
If you don't, you'll be alone, and like a ghost, I'll be gone

All the single ladies

Now put your hands up
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 02, 2013
As a young man, d ladies u fancy den trnd 2 fflw oda guys cos of money,n probably in hope 4 marriage(since most are older)....nd wen d pasn z made,u stl want him to treat ladies nicely....its a vicious circle....d nw made guy,wants to make up 4 d past.........what goes around comes around.........it will never end...n if u r 30 abov n stil single-..advice,pls go 4 deliverance......ur chances of getn married nw are slim...menopause z nt 2 far away...bt with God all tnz are possible

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by saymax(f): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
Once a lady(xtian) refuses to read in btw d lines in d scripture, she falls a victim(speaking out of experience). D Bible says "he who findeth a wife" not "she who findeth a husband". Another scripture says " man, love ur wife; woman submit to ur husband", not d other way round. We think we r smart making a shortcut by turning it d other way round. Little wonder we make terrible mistakes in life. A word they say is enough 4 d wise. I learnt mine in a hard way and henceforth go by d rules of d Bible.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by otele(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
Lets see if I may find a babe here undecided
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by 2legit2qwt: 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
saymax: Once a lady(xtian) refuses to read in btw d lines in d scripture, she falls a victim(speaking out of experience). D Bible says "he who findeth a wife" not "she who findeth a husband". Another scripture says " man, love ur wife; woman submit to ur husband", not d other way round. We think we r smart making a shortcut by turning it d other way round. Little wonder we make terrible mistakes in life. A word they say is enough 4 d wise. I learnt mine in a hard way and henceforth go by d rules of d Bible.

Good words sista, so many things have changed and what used to be the right thing now appears to be wrong. People now encourage the wrong things hoping and deceiving themselves that it's the right way.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by scram(m): 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
Keeps moving...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Ilekokonit: 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
Charliemorgano:
I met a lady online and i wanted to chat with her she started raining abuses on me that i don't have job thats why am always online...she really insulted me and i just dropped a few words of advise for her...women make mistakes alot at their younger age...every woman can't marry a ready made man sometimes God wants you to look down abit and then move up. In matters of the heart forget status

Allow them. At least the single babes in Naija are still being chased by men (FOR NOW). They should come and learn about loneliness and singledom from the single Naija ladies in the Western world who litter such sites as e-harmony, meetnigerians.net, plenty of fish, etc which are the only places where men chase them but even at 40 years of age or more, their stubbornness has moved into the level of spiritual problem that some of them are still chasing potential suitors away with their foolish stubbornness and narrow mindedness which has not helped them get a husband for the past 40 years.

Some years ago, I adviced a lady that sooner or later, the only women who are going to be married are the ones who are wise enough to realise that the number of men who are willing to marry a sharp tongued or stubborn woman or stay with such a woman after mistakingly marrying her are reducing by the day.

Also, men the world over are wising up and realising that you don't necessarily need to be married to enjoy some of the benefits of marriage and that almost all the marriageable women were smart enough to settle down when they met a good man.

Mens mantra nowadays is look before you leap as the internet has exposed to men the level of depravity, immorality and sexual recklessness of todays Naija women AND MEN displayed for all to see (and learn from) on the internet and is teaching men DAILY that that not all that glitters is gold and finding a GOOD wife or husband is a dangerous affair in todays depraved internet age.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
DISCLAIMER

This is to state it clearly that this thread
and the owner is not in the business of matchmaking
people/discouraging people from connecting.

However,anyone who decides to accept invitation
from anybody here does so at his/her own will.

Signed:
Carmydoll.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by JuniorSali: 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
God abeg, make this girl ignore this post. Chei!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by sundayid(m): 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
white dove:

I guess dats not ur pic on whatsapp...
just send me a msg n I'll show you my pic. will update my profile picture lta
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
drnoel: All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies

Now put your hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up, I'm doing my own little thing
Decided to dip and now you wanna trip
'Cause another brother noticed me

I'm up on him, he up on me
Just cried my tears, for three good years
Ya can't be mad at me

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips
Got me tighter in my Dereon jeans
Acting up, drink in my cup
I can care less what you think

I need no permission, did I mention
'Cause you had your turn, and now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Don't treat me to the things of the world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve

Here's a man that makes me, then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms, say I'm the one you own
If you don't, you'll be alone, and like a ghost, I'll be gone

All the single ladies

Now put your hands up
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh
Yaaaay,*Dancing*smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Ilekokonit: 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
kitty kat:
I have dated a broke Bottom man, who as Godfearing and caring. When I helped him a secure a job in a lucrative field and aslo assisted him to gt his first car and flat, he be came the biggest womanizer on earth.

How can you equate yourself to someone elses messaiah when you can not even save yourself ?

4 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hello Dollz!
This thread is really nice cause It allows men to understand ladies a bit more.
At least me, I waz surprised that ladies actually get hurt by break ups, usually tot they always go up to the next relationship! May be the guys need to see more of your tears to really understand that it's more than a game. Not that I play the game though.

Now here I have two issues, Am kind of different, not sulky. I like to keep a girl by my side for a while before formalising things with her. Not because I am evil, but cause i do not wish to start a relationship with one of those girls that change boyfriends every three to six months or the Marry-me Marry-me kind. This usually confuses the girl, they are so use to guys that rush to be with them that they can't seem to phantom me out! Usually they try to impress me shortly, which I carefully wait out. But that really freaks them out, so am wondering if its a bad approach? Beyond that we become half incommunicado.

Am at a stage in my life where I have kind of passed the hurdle of the average guy in terms of money and achievement, I hardly ever come across a girl that did not like me, at least in the past 5 yrs. Actually a girl friend of mine once warned me that this will happen once am close to thirty. So I have two objectives, avoid going into a relationship with a girl that will be short lived cause I really hate stressful relationships and do not have time to build in the clouds. Secondly sift out that girl I love who cannot afford to live without me? I do not just want someone I love, I want someone who loves me. It's really easy to make a girl fall in love with you when she is not. Just be really nice and stick around! Only problem is by psychology, she can also easily be made to fall out of love with you. So if am your brother, what would you advice?

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Hemanwel(m): 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
carmelion: .
You re welcome Mr hemanwel,kindly endevour to add your location and any other detail you feel comfortable putting out here.it would help narrow things down.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (181) (Reply)

My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All. / Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / ((Thread Of The Decade)): Busty Black Women of Instagram - 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.