Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (255888 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
Interesting how there're more men viewing this thread than women! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Secondly, single ladies are always complaining about guys, we too have to deal with hazardous girls you know? But what baffles me is this belief women have that they must wait and be asked, they only have to accept? It's the 21st century ladies, why the hell do you seat and wait for what you do not want, while what you want passes in front of you every day? You do not have to be explicit, just catch him at the appropriate time and buy him a bottle of drink, that says It all. Talking of women emancipation. Of course some guys will be intimidated by that, but not a confident guy! Cheers!

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by dokunbam(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
Valentine day is around the corner so tread like this will always pop up. This val its give and take
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
I read this thread from page zero to the current one now, and I must commend the OP from bringing such an educative topic. and other dolls and brothers that contribute to the thread, thumbs up to you, I feel your contribution especially chikeOrji, good job bro.

And fro the single ladies in the house, The mr right might be next to you. Don't look down on anyone, and your previous experiences should not be a foundation for decision making because guys differs. Men respect/want self independent women who are pride-less and respect themselves. Dont assume that the next guy trying to talk to you is after sex, give them a chance to know you, and maybe they would be a link to mr right, you never know.

Good luck to you all

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by otele(m): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Yield: Interesting how there're more men viewing this thread than women! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol cheesy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chikeorji123(m): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Boss13:

Chike what do you mean by struggling guys? Struggling in your definition as - one room apartment, okada-riding, O' level kind of struggling? Please explain I wan know.

Hi Boss13!
Well any way u put it..but what l mean is a man that's not too flashy,who's income are not large enough to accomodate a partner but have a feeling to settle down!..Once a lady see such men grab him and assure him no matter what..both of u can manage untill God open ur remembrance book..!But u see these readymade guys? honestly my dear just go and ask their women and see what they are passing through.. My point is it's good to have someone u can contend with..(personal observation).
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Hemanwel(m): 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
carmelion: .
You re welcome Mr hemanwel,kindly endevour to add your location and any other detail you feel comfortable putting out here.it would help narrow things down.thanks
I have been thinking of how best I can go about revealing my details here without any infringement on my privacy.
The last time I dropped my e-mail addy here,I regreted doing so with the number of scam mails I received.
Is there any other way u could be of immense help?
I guess dat person could as well send a PM to me.
I'll so appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hemanwel: I have been thinking of how best I can go about revealing my details here without any infringement on my privacy.
The last time I dropped my e-mail addy here,I regreted doing so with the number of scam mails I received.
Is there any other way u could be of immense help?
I guess dat person could as well send a PM to me.
I'll so appreciate it.

you can add your email address with format like these hemmaneul at yahoo dot com. or better still, it should be in your nairaland profile
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chikeorji123(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
saymax: Once a lady(xtian) refuses to read in btw d lines in d scripture, she falls a victim(speaking out of experience). D Bible says "he who findeth a wife" not "she who findeth a husband". Another scripture says " man, love ur wife; woman submit to ur husband", not d other way round. We think we r smart making a shortcut by turning it d other way round. Little wonder we make terrible mistakes in life. A word they say is enough 4 d wise. I learnt mine in a hard way and henceforth go by d rules of d Bible.

God bless u! sometimes Heavenly Father allow us to made a mistake and use it to put us in other..

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chelseabmw(m): 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
I love single moms not single ladies grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
chelseabmw: I love single moms not single ladies grin grin

Do you need some? I have dozens of them right here, free of charge grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mad Lion:

U r da one here hurt wit all diz blah blah blah advise to women. U will neva hv cum here talking abt advise if u hv not find urself in diz predicament. Dat fact dat most women tek material stuff into consideration b4 liking at pertinent issues, men will always play Tom n jerry wit women. I am not saying women shld go for men in abject poverty but don't u think its more senslble to find out whether da guy rili luvs u, he is committed, not a player than Jux jumping into a relationship wit a man cuz u can see his car, house, nice clothes .......etc before realising dat he is up to no good. If u hv done da first one, i can assure u, u won't be here trying to give advise to young girls. grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin
Thanks Mad lion for taking a deep breath,calming down,and coming again.At least now I can comprehend what you re saying.Yes I was hurt,but no anymore.Am better now.Seeing this thread on the front page and the no of N/landers viewing it below makes me feel like the best doll ever!.

If a thread like this this existed long before then,I wouldn't have been a victim.But unfortunately,life throws us around.Doing this is a way of warning others.I have younger sisters too,you need to see the see the way I beg them not to mess around.Am willing to dash them any amount just so that they won't mess around.I let them confide in me,cos a problem shared is half solved.

Its not I was a love peddler,now changed or born again.No,am just the usual girl you can find in street,office, occasions e.t.c ,trying to find her own man and settle down.

I welcome people like you(not people who talk the way you do) in this thread.You have a point in your statements but it would make more sense if you re-phrase it.

I know some people like getting attention in a crowd and the easiest way is to always behave odd.whichever the case,I can see you re having fun.Your smileys says it all.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Boss13: 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
chikeorji123:

Hi Boss13!
Well any way u put it..but what l mean is a man that's not too flashy,who's income are not large enough to accomodate a partner but have a feeling to settle down!..Once a lady see such men grab him and assure him no matter what..both of u can manage untill God open ur remembrance book..!But u see these readymade guys? honestly my dear just go and ask their women and see what they are passing through.. My point is it's good to have someone u can contend with..(personal observation).

Chike a man whose income cannot accommodate a partner should not be thinking of having a partner. Let me give you a breakdown. A man with low income of say 100k per month, adds a wife to himself - split that into half because 2 people now depends on 100k per month. Within a year, a baby enters the equation; share that equally (N33,333 per head per month). Do you know what that would result into (I don't want to say). The man should be working on increasing his networth and not reducing it by adding a woman into his life.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
dahonestboss: I read this thread from page zero to the current one now, and I must commend the OP from bringing such an educative topic. and other dolls and brothers that contribute to the thread, thumbs up to you, I feel your contribution especially chikeOrji, good job bro.

And fro the single ladies in the house, The mr right might be next to you. Don't look down on anyone, and your previous experiences should not be a foundation for decision making because guys differs. Men respect/want self independent women who are pride-less and respect themselves. Dont assume that the next guy trying to talk to you is after sex, give them a chance to know you, and maybe they would be a link to mr right, you never know.

Good luck to you all
Thank you so much dahonestboss,please do drop in once in a while,I appreciatesmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by dokunbam(m): 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
If you like someone here, just send a PM to him or her. U neva can tell. Believe me there is no harm in trying. just go to the profile and send a msg.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by kiwi5: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
Maya2pretty: Hi, am Maya doll, I feel so sad and lonely, I've not find my own Man, it's hurtin sad my beauty is wastin, he's not there 2 love me, to care 4 me, 2 make me feel like a cherished woman, I miss him so much, wish he'l find me dis month sad
I really do feel the same way with u,av been loving all the wrong guys who end up breaking my heart,sometimes i fell time is not on my side again,knowing my age.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by kiwi5: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
Maya2pretty: Hi, am Maya doll, I feel so sad and lonely, I've not find my own Man, it's hurtin sad my beauty is wastin, he's not there 2 love me, to care 4 me, 2 make me feel like a cherished woman, I miss him so much, wish he'l find me dis month sad
I really do feel the same way with u,av been loving all the wrong guys who end up breaking my heart,sometimes i feel time is not on my side again,knowing my age.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by jhydebaba(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
*runs out of thread with a promise to return 12days after feb 14*
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
Lol. The funny thing is most of you will end up as Alhaji Aliyu's 5th wife.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Elizadath: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
carmelion: On a very special note,I want to acknowlege a very special set of dolls in the house.They re no other people than those sweet ladies who still have their virginity intact.please have a cup of ice cream on my behalfcheesy.Be full of pride and guide what you have jealously and make sure you give it to the man who knows its worth.As we approch valentine Feb 14th,please be sensible,valentine dosent mean sex,there re more sensible ways to celebrate it.Is your boyfriend telling you to prove your love by opening your legs for him?My dear that guy is an enemy,yes that's what I said,a bid enemy at that.Once you give it to him that's it,you have joined "others".Be wise.

That means all men are wicked including husbands. No wonder some women aren't open even in marriage.due to wrong perception you ppl have impacted them. Ladies should look well before they leap. No perfect man anywhere. All of us want thesame thing.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
Boss13:

Chike a man whose income cannot accommodate a partner should not be thinking of having a partner. Let me give you a breakdown. A man with low income of say 100k per month, adds a wife to himself - split that into half because 2 people now depends on 100k per month. Within a year, a baby enters the equation; share that equally (N33,333 per head per month). Do you know what that would result into (I don't want to say). The man should be working on increasing his networth and not reducing it by adding a woman into his life.

so it is only the man that is now responsible of taking care of the family now? see your mentality, funny enough that you have uncontiously accepted to be a property (because adding you to his expenses without any interest from you makes you useless), its like the only thing you add to your husband life is just s3x and children, and maybe cooking for him thats all ?. Many Nigerian graduates dont even earn up to 100k per month, should he go and steal? this is one thing I hate about the Nigerian marriage attitude. all the financial responsibilty is being pushed to the man alone. and the woman sit at home as a full time jobless house wife. na wa

And if men go by your rule of increasing network before looking for a wife, what are the fate of the young ladies out there looking for husband?

Think before you post, common sense is free

4 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Boss13: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
dahonestboss:

so it is only the man that is now responsible of taking care of the family now? na wa for this kind of thinking. Many Nigerian graduates dont even earn up to 100k per month, should he go and steal? this is one thing I hate about the Nigerian marriage attitude. all the financial responsibilty is being pushed to the man alone. and the woman sit at home as a full time jobless house wife. na wa

Well a woman can support the family but it is not her job. A man must take care of his family. That is his job.

My friend get that lazy attitude out of your head. I don't read my bible very well, but I know a man must provide for his household. God did not say it is joint effort. A woman is a homemaker not a home provider.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by DrEngr: 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
phaya:

SPOKEN LIKE A REAL AFRICAN MAN. There are little things which the 'whites' are so much better than us. #JustSaying
Guess you are a descent of african parents too. #just saying#
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2013
Boss13:

Well a woman can support the family but it is not her job. A man must take care of his family. That is his job.

There is nothing like support, infact she and her husband should take care of the family, its their job. and if suporting the family is not her job as stated by you, then what is her job?

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by lillyveezy: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
chikeorji123:

God bless u! sometimes Heavenly Father allow us to made a mistake and use it to put us in other..
right on point.well done for supporting our opdoll carm...carm doll,u are doing great.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
Guys like me have taken over the bloody thread, tot this waz a place to get the opinion of the Dollz?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by MadLion: 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
dahonestboss:

so it is only the man that is now responsible of taking care of the family now? see your mentality, funny enough that you have uncontiously accepted to be a property, its like the only thing you add to your husband life is just s3x and children, and maybe cooking for him thats all ?. Many Nigerian graduates dont even earn up to 100k per month, should he go and steal? this is one thing I hate about the Nigerian marriage attitude. all the financial responsibilty is being pushed to the man alone. and the woman sit at home as a full time jobless house wife. na wa

Don't argue wit Boss13 cuz he is MENTALLY CHALLENGE. Ders nuttin he will undastand grin grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Boss13: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
dahonestboss:

There is nothing like support, infact she and her husband should take care of the family, its their job. and if suporting the family is not her job as stated by you, then what is her job?

My friend get that lazy attitude out of your head. I don't read my bible very well, but I know a man must provide for his household. God did not say it is joint effort. A woman is a homemaker not a home provider.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
KenGali: Guy like me have taken over the bloody thread, tot this waz a place to get the opinion of the Dollz?

of course we need to, if we dont, they would judge from a one side point of view, and make themselves looks perfect, while the guys would be the cheaters, and the ungrateful ones.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hemanwel: Can a chap be hooked to a single doll here on NL?
I work with one of the commercial banks in the country.I'm in my early 30s.
Aint married...still searching.
"Commercial Banks". Magic phrase, and what better season to be used than the season the female folk expect what their fathers can't afford. Hats off to you man. Smart move.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chikeorji123(m): 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
Boss13:

Have a point!..did u forget the role a partner should play..? ls she not suppose to be a helper..?by setting up something she will be doing within that 1yr as u stated or it's crime?..
Ok...because the man earn 100k he should stay clear from getting married? if every man play that wing what happen to all our ladies ageing from 24 to 35yr scattered everywhere?.. My dear if we guys decided to relaxed as u advice, the same u ladies will tag us unserious & ended up at different churches blaming God that's so busy taken care of other important issues..Let assume we agree on ur point to wait..have u forgetting the age of a lady play an important role when it comes to issues of marriage than men especially here in africa?....wel l rest my case...Boss13.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
dahonestboss:

of course we need to, if we dont, they would judge from a one side point of view, and make themselves looks perfect, while the guys would be the cheaters, and the ungrateful ones.

Yes we can, but without dominating the thread joor, I waz really hoping to hear from one of them Dollz, now you guys have chased them all away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (181) (Reply)

My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All. / Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / ((Thread Of The Decade)): Busty Black Women of Instagram - 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.