Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55213 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I'm very much impressed with all those that Ishilove has pointed out, gives HBG the chance to correct. But, however, some of them can be explained:

1. Ishi is right. No woman would be nine months pregnant and still have a flat stomach, except Foxy's girlfriend.

Look me look wahala o.... grin grin grin

Well, you might be right cos I will make her remove the baby and put into an incubator while we continue from where we stopped after she took in
angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2013
There's something very sweet about Sharon and David's relationship. HBG kept it clean. smileyGood thing Mazi did not handle the scene HBG painted, otherwise we would have been subjected to some gangster . . . lipsrsealed

I wish I were more romantic... sad

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2013
Ishilove:
Consult Mazi grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:28am On Mar 20, 2013
Where the paradise is Frosti? He's to update next. Please don't chicken out on me o.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2013
Good job HBG,

A little bit confused myself. Maybe I'll re-read it when you edit later on.

If koko was ayodele's dad, and ayodele was tracy's half sis, then koko and tracy were related somehow; then amina dansutu confessed to Lucan that koko was sleeping with tracy (his quarter daughter)!!!

@ishi, if I have a boss like you, I'd tender my resignation letter within 2 wks of work!!!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2013
I would luv to co-write with y'all *my ogas at the top* but I'm afraid i might f**k up... Thumb up 2 y'all anyway

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Good job HBG,

A little bit confused myself. Maybe I'll re-read it when you edit later on.

If koko was ayodele's dad, and ayodele was tracy's half sis, then koko and tracy were related somehow; then amina dansutu confessed to Lucan that koko was sleeping with tracy (his quarter daughter)!!!
shocked embarassed

Mazi_Omenuko:
@ishi, if I have a boss like you, I'd tender my resignation letter within 2 wks of work!!!
Lol. if you resign then it means you are lazy grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 10:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Consult Mazi grin
Hell nah! Don't wanna end up like Chilo grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:
Wow! I didn't see that coming.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Ishilove:
I'd really love to meet that Chilo. Ishi, give me her address. Oh, sorry, I forgot to remember to forget that she's fictional.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 10:41am On Mar 20, 2013
Ishilove: There's something very sweet about Sharon and David's relationship. HBG kept it clean.

The only thing clean about that relationship was the bed-sheet that would remain unsoiled after the night!

If your idea of a sweet relationship involves two grown ups cuddling on the bed while they slept off, then I'll pass. HBG illustrated a cinderella story and a prince charming in shining armour! A mere fantasy of a 9 year old girl.

now I've got potential love-birds to work with: David/sharon, Lucan/amina.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 10:47am On Mar 20, 2013
Ishilove:
Chilo is the way she is courtesy of you! You've poked her -unmentionables- with all sorts of foreign objects that I felt pity for the poor girl!

Ishi needs to be reported to the relevant agency for abusing that poor girl!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2013
Wetin una dey talk abeg?... Just came back from mars
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2013
Rap maestro: I would luv to co-write with y'all *my ogas at the top* but I'm afraid i might f**k up... Thumb up 2 y'all anyway
Of course, you may...if you mean it. We are all trying to teach each other how to be better scribblers. But F-ing up? I won't allow that.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 11:03am On Mar 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Of course, you may...if you mean it. We are all trying to teach each other how to be better scribblers. But F-ing up? I won't allow that.
so, i'll watch... *AUDIENCE TINZ*
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by channel190(m): 11:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I'm very much impressed with all those that Ishilove has pointed out, gives HBG the chance to correct. But, however, some of them can be explained:

1. Ishi is right. No woman would be nine months pregnant and still have a flat stomach, except Foxy's girlfriend.

2. 'Beau' is a woman's male lover. I learnt that from reading Gone With The Wind.

3&4. Very shrewd, Ishi is.

5. In this case, I thought one killed Koko, while another burnt down his mansion. But Koko wasn't in the burning building, so, rather Koko, it was his wife and killed who got roasted. Koko's son could really have killed him, if the son was not aware of that he was committing patricide. And the greed that led to Koko's demise could be systematically explained by the next writer(s). I envision Kamo learning about the truth, reconciling with Lucan (whom he supposedly shot) and going after the demonic Obatola (I prefer Obatola to Obotola, the latter sounds somehow obscene grin ). But I know the story may not veer to such direection.

6. I found that confusing too, but I can only guess. The 'she' (who must be obeyed grin , kidding) who ran after Koko was Obatola's wife (Enike's mother and the same one barbecued in the inferno). And, just perhaps, the greed referred to in Chapter Eight was the fact that Koko ate the meat meant for the god. The resentment Obatola has for Enike, that, I can't guess. I reckon the writer would make adjustments and shed more light.

7. The writer didn't say Victor Mobo was HIM, HIM could still be someone more powerful than Victor...HIM would never post his full name after that quotation. Even Cathy may not know the real HIM, thinking Victor is. grin

8. Ayodele may not have known that he was related to Tracy, even till his own death too.
writers writes, what is penned down explain the intent of the writer.
i see no reason why a writer leaves the read blind, only to come back to explain.
i like the way HBG is learning, at least he get to know that a writer uses the minimal word affordable to say alot of things, yet retain its meaning, eventories, records, settings, explanantions, purpose etc

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Ishilove: There's something very sweet about Sharon and David's relationship. HBG kept it clean. smileyGood thing Mazi did not handle the scene HBG painted, otherwise we would have been subjected to some gangster . . . lipsrsealed

I wish I could be as descriptive as you are. sad
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by channel190(m): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:

If the work is going to appear on the frontpage, I'd appreciate it if the supermod locked it first. I wouldn't want readers' comments on the thread spoiling the fun, you know.
grin the mods will seen this and do as you ask.

but dont you want to know of peoples general opin?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by FoxyUltimate(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2013
channel 190: grin the mods will seen this and do as you ask.

Not now... When it is completed
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 11:26am On Mar 20, 2013
channel 190: grin the mods will seen this and do as you ask.

They can give their opinions on this thread.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2013
NDC teashures association!

Ogas!

Will edit my stuff later today, gotta run.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by channel190(m): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

i agree with. clean
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by channel190(m): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

i agree with you. clean thread
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by FoxyUltimate(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1231440/biography-foxybone-true-life-story

My new tale started in the right thread. Come and read your sorrows away!!!

God, I'm so bad in advertisement embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hmm... HBG, great job you did there. You were very detailed... More detailed than I can ever be. Tied up lots of lose ends. Impressive. However...

(1) I feel the image you painted of Victor Obatola kinda lives up to hype expectation of HIM (kudos), but it's not consistent with the detail you added about him replacing the late Mr Ibe the 'regional policeman', Lucan's boss. A policeman does not cut the big bad boss image for me, unless he's the IG. I feel that replacement part is better off not included.

(2) You changed Sharon's last name from Ojemen to Johnson.

(3) A nine month pregnancy cannot be flat.

(4) Your image of Bamo as a killer out on a revenge mission is not in sync with the image of the limping man as a professional assassin sent to do the bidding of HIM. From your piece you have already implied that they are the same person.

(5) Eclampsia (not Eclimpsia) does not just manifest suddenly the way it did in Enike's case. There are unmistakeable pre-eclampsia symptoms which can help one avoid eclampsia. Most times, the blindness comes after resuscitation from a seizure-birthed coma in an eclampsia patient, not before.

(6) The guy who got Enike pregnant seemed young and incapable of transforming into Chief Koko after 13 years.

(7) The part about Ayodele, Tracy and Bamo being siblings did not do it for me, especially the part where Ayodele was killed for knowing amongst other things, that Tracy is his sister. It raises a question as to when he knew, before or after he killed her? Also, did Bamo know that he murdered his own half brother? Was that part of the revenge mission he was on?

(8.) The unveiling of the identity of a character to the readers ought not to have any direct effect on the character's routine actions. For example, it's surprising that HIM suddenly updates and writes his full name, just because the readers now know who he is. Why would he do that?

Nice job HBG. A bit confusing though, but I love the new twist you introduced.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Oahray: Hmm... HBG, great job you did there. You were very detailed... More detailed than I can ever be. Tied up lots of lose ends. Impressive. However...

(1) I feel the image you painted of Victor Obatola kinda lives up to hype expectation of HIM (kudos), but it's not consistent with the detail you added about him replacing the late Mr Ibe the 'regional policeman', Lucan's boss. A policeman does not cut the big bad boss image for me, unless he's the IG. I feel that replacement part is better off not included.

(2) You changed Sharon's last name from Ojemen to Johnson.

(3) A nine month pregnancy cannot be flat.

(4) Your image of Bamo as a killer out on a revenge mission is not in sync with the image of the limping man as a professional assassin sent to do the bidding of HIM. From your piece you have already implied that they are the same person.

(5) Eclampsia (not Eclimpsia) does not just manifest suddenly the way it did in Enike's case. There are unmistakeable pre-eclampsia symptoms which can help one avoid eclampsia. Most times, the blindness comes after resuscitation from a seizure-birthed coma in an eclampsia patient, not before.

(6) The guy who got Enike pregnant seemed young and incapable of transforming into Chief Koko after 13 years.

(7) The part about Ayodele, Tracy and Bamo being siblings did not do it for me, especially the part where Ayodele was killed for knowing amongst other things, that Tracy is his sister. It raises a question as to when he knew, before or after he killed her? Also, did Bamo know that he murdered his own half brother? Was that part of the revenge mission he was on?

(8.) The unveiling of the identity of a character to the readers ought not to have any direct effect on the character's routine actions. For example, it's surprising that HIM suddenly updates and writes his full name, just because the readers now know who he is. Why would he do that?

Nice job HBG. A bit confusing though, but I love the new twist you introduced.
Sharon's surname? I looked it up and didn't find it....Eclipmsia...geez I know what m talking about. Been there! And the flat tummy also, been there!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Sharon's surname? I looked it up and didn't find it....Eclipmsia...geez I know what m talking about. Been there! And the flat tummy also, been there!
hmmm... Ok o.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Uniquexty(f): 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nairaland has great writers. HBG, nice work.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: And the flat tummy also, been there!

Huuh... Never mind. I've got my hand-held device.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Frosti(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Where the paradise is Frosti? He's to update next. Please don't chicken out on me o.

Chicken out? Hell no!
Mine's coming up on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Frosti:

Chicken out? Hell no!
Mine's coming up on Saturday.
Thanks buddy. I can't wait.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
Uniquexty: Nairaland has great writers. HBG, nice work.
thanks a mill....and I am sorry for bashing you like that. The shoe hurts the owner.
Mazi_Omenuko:

Huuh... Never mind. I've got my hand-held device.
ok
Oahray: hmmm... Ok o.
fixed some...I tried.

Sorry I snapped @ you

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (76) (Reply)

Sinister Affections Part 2 / Restless...story Of A Survivor. / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.