Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (22596 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
JallowBah:

That is a whole different topicsmiley If you wish to talk about that one, you can e-mail me.
I would really love to.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
bukatyne: I would really love to.

Send an e-mail through nairaland, hon, no problemsmiley
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by dayokanu(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
bukatyne: Dayokanu!

BUKATA cheesy grin
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
JallowBah:

Send an e-mail through nairaland, hon, no problemsmiley
ok, I will
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
dayokanu:

BUKATA cheesy grin
Bukata ke? I am a woman of Timber and Caliber! smiley
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Boss13: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
bukatyne: Bukata ke? I am a woman of Timber and Caliber! smiley

We hear you typical Nigerian woman.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by dayokanu(m): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
bukatyne: Bukata ke? I am a woman of Timber and Caliber! smiley

Mo jeri e. Timber and Caliber gann ni
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Loveheals(f): 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
Black Peni5: Shebi it was the babes that were clamouring for gender equality...You don see responsibility now you wan run.

Men are like lions while the women are the lionesses. Remember its the lioness that hunts, feeds the cubs, etc.

Lions are just there grooving...

Hope that answers your question
hahahahahahahhaahhhah grooving indeed
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
Boss13:

We hear you typical Nigerian woman.
Meaning?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by ocelot2006(m): 11:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
bukatyne: by your post, you just called yourself a sissy.

No Missy, I didn't. It's a man's choice to decide if he wants to help his wife out or not with house chores. The same goes for me and my home were I run a benevolent dictatorship (or absolutely monarchy to put it mildly) were I, as the head of the home, call the shots, not my wife. House chores are NOT my responsibility, and will never be, and my wife knows that quite well. But I still help my wife out once in a while because I CHOOSE to.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 11:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
ocelot2006:

No Missy, I didn't. It's a man's choice to decide if he wants to help his wife out or not with house chores. The same goes for me and my home were I run a benevolent dictatorship (or absolutely monarchy to put it mildly) were I, as the head of the home, call the shots, not my wife. House chores are NOT my responsibility, and will never be, and my wife knows that quite well. But I still help my wife out once in a while because I CHOOSE to.
so Mr. Benevolent Dictator, does your wife contribute in the home financially? if yes, is it willingly or do you have a sharing ratio?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by ocelot2006(m): 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
bukatyne: so Mr. Benevolent Dictator, does your wife contribute in the home financially? if yes, is it willingly or do you have a sharing ratio?

No she doesn't. She works though, but all the fiancial responsibilities fall on me, cos that's my job to provide. But even if she did contribute, it still won't change the fact that house chores (or whatever was said on Oprah or any other feminine shows/articles) are not part of my responsibility.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
ocelot2006:

No she doesn't. She works though, but all the financial responsibilities fall on me, cos that's my job to provide. But even if she did contribute, it still won't change the fact that house chores (or whatever was said on Oprah or any other feminine shows/articles) are not part of my responsibility.
As far as it works for your home, it's good. Read my post on the Typical Nigerian Man on the previous page of this thread. I'm sure you will learn one or two things. All the best.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Akusinachi(m): 11:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Am naturally a caring type of guy dat enjoys assisting ma chick in doing some chores like cooking & chatting wit her in d kitchen,washing cloths 2geda, going 2 d market wit her etc.& i enjoys it alot,jst 4 d fun of it & above all 4 luv sake. Bt wia i dare neva tolerate is wen u start taking it 4 granted as if its my obligation. Doing ma duties as d man of d house is wot i dare neva fail 2 do. "Jst new here"
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Akusinachi: [color=#000099][/color]Am naturally a caring type of guy dat enjoys assisting ma chick in doing some chores like cooking & chatting wit her in d kitchen,washing cloths 2geda, going 2 d market wit her etc.& i enjoys it alot,jst 4 d fun of it & above all 4 luv sake. Bt wia i dare neva tolerate is wen u start taking it 4 granted as if its my obligation. Doing ma duties as d man of d house is wot i dare neva fail 2 do. "Jst new here"
Can you please explain by what you mean taking your doing chores for granted. Thanks and welcome.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Dagods(m): 12:11am On Feb 09, 2013
@Busolayemi; dat was 2 harsh on d ibo's ok.if God gave u a gud home, den tankGod & keep ur home.if u av isues wif smone plz be unto dat person,not insulting da ibo guyz ok.i Wonder wat a maried woman is doing here alwayz,by dere fruit we know dem.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Dagods(m): 12:11am On Feb 09, 2013
@Busolayemi; dat was 2 harsh on d ibo's ok.if God gave u a gud home, den tankGod & keep ur home.if u av isues wif smone plz be unto dat person,not insulting da ibo guyz ok.i Wonder wat a maried woman is doing here alwayz, by dere fruit we know dem.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by kemzole(f): 12:19am On Feb 09, 2013
devour129: God forbids ! am a lady but i hate to see a man lowered to a position of a maid accept he is a maid.mi first boyfriend i left to marry mi hubby(yes av only dated two guys and married one )is because of this.the guy wants to cook,clean and even wash mi pant and it really irritated me .i wasn't brought up that way so it was so strange i thought the guy was possessed.MY MAN SHOULD MAN UP,HE DOESN'T HAVE TO CLEAN AND COOK TO SHOW LOVE EXCEPT WHEN HE WANTS TO.I WORK AND TAKE CARE OF MI HOME AND I TAKE IT AS MI RIGHT.EVERYTHING FROM CLEANING,TAKING CARE OF MY KIDS AND COOKING IS MINE TO DO AND THE SECRET LADIES IS THAT WAY,HE WANTS TO HELP OFTEN COS HE WANTS TO BE PART OF THE HOME MAKING ! IF YOU CANT DO IT ALL GET A HOUSE- HELP,COOK,DRIVER ETC IF YOU CAN AFFORD BUT PLEASE DON'T FORCE THE GUY TO DO IT.ME PERSONALLY I HATE WEAK MEN(bring on the bashing,i wont be coming back to this page to read it tongue)
seriously?!,I have never seen a more mumuish woman.it's their type that get beaten up by their man and yet they claim he's just being a man by beating them up, mtcheww, this one should have been born during the slave era,she will do well for her master

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 12:26am On Feb 09, 2013
Dagods: @Busolayemi; dat was 2 harsh on d ibo's ok.if God gave u a gud home, den tankGod & keep ur home.if u av isues wif smone plz be unto dat person,not insulting da ibo guyz ok. i Wonder wat a maried woman is doing here alwayz, by dere fruit we know dem.
Are you implying a woman can't visit Nairaland because she's married?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by MMotimo: 12:48am On Feb 09, 2013
Sha spend time getting to know whom you marry and don't rush into marriage. Determine if the other person is a good fit or not. Often, it's not as simple as good/bad men/women, it's simply a matter of having the right fit in your choice of a partner.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Originalsly: 3:52am On Feb 09, 2013
bukatyne: And what in her post indicated that there is confusion on who the head is in their home? Does a man helping out his wife or them sharing the duties and finances in their home reduce the headship of a man?
..."And for me that is how I want it"
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by viruz007(m): 3:56am On Feb 09, 2013
The man's duty is to provide, protect and profess his love for you. Datz a man's responsibility. U as my wife can't be healthy and won't attend to your duties which are taking care of the home just because we in the 21st century. Dat na lie. I can help but it will do us both a measure of good if u know where to draw the line. The battles I face each day I leave my house, u would not understand because its my God given duty to provide and protect you while you in turn take care of me to ensure I can go for the next battle. #NuffSaid
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by pitipom: 4:22am On Feb 09, 2013
lrguru: A man provides for the home, while the woman takes care of the home. No matter how much a woman earns, she can never be the one to pay the children's school fees right from day 1 in nursery school till her last day in the university. OP, na ur mama train u, where ur papa still de the house?

Like KINGwax said, u sound like u are going to be a bad wife, even tho u're not yet married
Why r u displaying this abysmal degree of ignorance?looks like uv been in the dark on changes in the society!A lot of women are earning more dan dere spouses,and yes dummy,a man' situation can change leaving the woman to cater for the financial needs of the family like paying d school fees. I'm appalled at ur level of reasoning!Pls how old are u?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by pitipom: 4:27am On Feb 09, 2013
KINGwax: U're nt evn married yet and u're already lookin for ways to share house chores. i got an idea: why not jes draw up a rota? U might include d name of dt ur fiance's husband who stopped callin u 'aunty bisola'!!!
It might b a nice way to retaliate.
It's obvious, u're gonna make a very bad wife!!!
If u don't have anything reasonable to say,pls shut up n stop dis stupid exhibition of ur extremely low IQ.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by agiboma(f): 5:11am On Feb 09, 2013
In my opinion a man's place is to provide money and take care of the family he has given to the woman.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2013
If afta ma unreserved apology...sumone cums ere again to yarn trash...ma 'bad mouth' myt as well resume work...
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by brilapluz(m): 8:04am On Feb 09, 2013
busolayemi: If afta ma unreserved apology...sumone cums ere again to yarn trash...ma 'bad mouth' myt as well resume work...
if u realy apologised,u must have a very gud reason y..u hurt sum people on d forum wen u used ethnicity as a tool 2 judge a gud home or union..sayin u want 2 start insultin wil only make people c anoda side of u..
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by megareal: 8:47am On Feb 09, 2013
LesbianBoy:
A househelp(preferably a sexy ekaette tongue) would do all that, not the man!
For your information, gone are the days Ekaettes were housemaids, now they are Drs, bankers, lawyers, media people, movie stars and a whole lot more. So wake up from your dreams and stop stereotyping and running down a tribe.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by hunkydory(m): 8:51am On Feb 09, 2013
We live in a patriarchal society and marriage is a phallocracy.Women should stop fighting for equality with men,it's a wild goose chase.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by brilapluz(m): 8:55am On Feb 09, 2013
bukatyne: Can you please explain by what you mean taking your doing chores for granted. Thanks and welcome.
wen u made ur first comment on dis topic,i was one of dose who commended u and believed ur husband is so blessd 2 have a virtueous lady as u..but now am obviously confused by ur latest comments..u have made ur point 4rm ur first comment..stick 2 it!
and dere is no point quotin any comment dat runs contrary 2 urs cos as u earlier stated,its all about choice and wat works 4 one family may not work 4 anoda family..
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 9:02am On Feb 09, 2013
brilapluz:
if u realy apologised,u must have a very gud reason y..u hurt sum people on d forum wen u used ethnicity as a tool 2 judge a gud home or union..sayin u want 2 start insultin wil only make people c anoda side of u..
yes, I am indeed very sorry...ma kinda person hates it wen I hurt sumone...buh mayb I myt not kno aw mch u r hurt until u speak out...nd frm d chat, I rily hurt a lot of ppl nd a lot of ppl hurt me too. Now, dat accepted...doesn't mean am totally rong on ma point of a man helpin out with household chores...I wudnt take more insult esp frm ppl dat I av not directly insulted....ma point
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Explaindoe: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2013
I don't know why some people are so frustrated on this topic, is a matter of what makes the couple to be in peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

To Igbo Peeps In The House, Please What Is ''nnta''? / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? / My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.