Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (22878 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 10:05am On Feb 09, 2013
Originalsly: ..."And for me that is how I want it"

That does not mean he does not agree on itsmiley I could never be with a man who wanted me to do everything around the house. I wanted a man who would let me work, and contribute with money as well as chores, and I have that.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by sleekman(m): 11:26am On Feb 09, 2013
JallowBah:

So because me and my husband have an agreement in our marriage, tells you I am coming with western bullsh*t?
Grow up, dude.

And what the hell is going on with your comparison to fruits and animals? My husband is a human, a damn fine one as well.

Hehehehehe have an agreement. Abeg no let me laff. Only a matter of time b4 that agreement becomes an issue. U better allow ur man be himself instead of u restricting 'animalistic tendencies' with an agreement. You know what why dont u just seat ur man down and ask him if he likes being a domesticated cat? grin

Boss13:

So that later you can call him a useless man, your mates are making money and you are here siting down with me. Abeg be a honest woman and stop this nonsense forming naija woman dey do these days. We men know una.

I tire O.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 11:39am On Feb 09, 2013
sleekman:

Hehehehehe have an agreement. Abeg no let me laff. Only a matter of time b4 that agreement becomes an issue. U better allow ur man be himself instead of u restricting 'animalistic tendencies' with an agreement. You know what why dont u just seat ur man down and ask him if he likes being a domesticated cat? grin

You can laugh all you want. Our agreement has not been an issue because we DECIDED TOGETHER. You know: grown ups can talk to each other, and find out what they want together.
Guessing that is too difficult for you to grasp.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by sleekman(m): 11:57am On Feb 09, 2013
All u ladies waiting for a domesticated man are on a 'very longthing'. Wait till ur man has some change 2 play around with. You all be the ones writing the nairaland book of lamentations.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by megareal: 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
War of the sexes, when will it ever end? As long as we are not the same, no one can expect us all to behave alike. No need trying to force an opinion on others when they think otherwise. It is this diversity that makes us unique. If you believe its good to help out a spouse, pls go ahead. If you don't believe it, just keep doing whatever it is you do as long as it works for you. nuff said

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by sleekman(m): 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2013
JallowBah:

You can laugh all you want. Our agreement has not been an issue because we DECIDED TOGETHER. You know: grown ups can talk to each other, and find out what they want together.
Guessing that is too difficult for you to grasp.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by adesbreath: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
busolayemi: Now am feelin so bad...neva meant for dis to get dis far ppl....nd if in d course of dis discussion I ad step on toes...so sorry...esp d guys/men....I so dnt even know wat to typ...buh one way or d oda, av gained frm dis discussion...tanks everyone

Hi Busolayemi, pls don't feel bad. You have raised a very sensitive topic,seriously the truth is bitter. Helping your wife with the house chores or even with caring for your kids does not make you less of a man, infact I urge you men raining insults on busola to take time with your family this coming Val period to assist ur wives with cleaning or caring for the kids whether you have a househelp or not, then see the result. I personally think it is the resposibility of the woman to take care of her home and build it, but building anything takes alot, taking care of kids takes a life time, when u assit your wife once in a while you will hold her heart, she will hold you higher in her eyes and respect you. Busola thanks for this topic, if people are not interested why all the responses Man and woman help eachother.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by kemifemi: 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
No two marriages are the same. Every marriage is unique in its own way. That's why we need to take our time before walking down the aisle.

A lot of pple pretend to be what they are not. In a bid to get married at all costs, ladies go the extra mile to satisfy a man( cooking his meals nd doing laundry et al when dating). The man gets used to having her do all that and when she can no longer cope cos of work and the kids, the man starts complaining.

The upbringing also, is a major factor in determining how a man/woman would treat his/her spouse. If a man was brought up to see a woman as his property, chances are he'll treat his woman as such.
Women gEt carried away by gifts and sweet words and don't pay attention to details. Those small things we overlook in relationships become our undoing. Learn to pay attention to d minute details
Don't start what u can't finish. If he's used to having everthing done by you before wedding, u have to continue after d wedding. don't expect him to change o.

My 2 cents

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
Originalsly: ..."And for me that is how I want it"
she is not entitled to want something because she's the wife?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
brilapluz:
wen u made ur first comment on dis topic,i was one of dose who commended u and believed ur husband is so blessd 2 have a virtueous lady as u..but now am obviously confused by ur latest comments..u have made ur point 4rm ur first comment..stick 2 it!
and dere is no point quotin any comment dat runs contrary 2 urs cos as u earlier stated,its all about choice and wat works 4 one family may not work 4 anoda family..
And what point did you think I made? This is a learning forum and believe it or not, a lot of people learn daily from here positively or negatively. Yes, my husband to be is blessed and I am blessed too. It was revelated in My Spirit one evening that the love of a husband/ lover makes the woman to blossom and the womna turns and take care of the man so he blossoms too. Please don't be confused by my posts. I am stil sticking to my first post. I would apprepriate if a man says he can't help his wife because he doesn't want to and not because 'he is the head of his family'. I dislike when people misquote the Bible to their selfish purposes. Thanks for your concern.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 9:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
Explaindoe: I don't know why some people are so frustrated on this topic, is a matter of what makes the couple to be in peace
Lol!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by brilapluz(m): 11:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
bukatyne: And what point did you think I made? This is a learning forum and believe it or not, a lot of people learn daily from here positively or negatively. Yes, my husband to be is blessed and I am blessed too. It was revelated in My Spirit one evening that the love of a husband/ lover makes the woman to blossom and the womna turns and take care of the man so he blossoms too. Please don't be confused by my posts. I am stil sticking to my first post. I would apprepriate if a man says he can't help his wife because he doesn't want to and not because 'he is the head of his family'. I dislike when people misquote the Bible to their selfish purposes. Thanks for your concern.
hmmmm...interesting..i sud have known...
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
brilapluz:
hmmmm...interesting..i sud have known...
known what? Please share
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 7:54am On Feb 10, 2013
bukatyne: And what point did you think I made? This is a learning forum and believe it or not, a lot of people learn daily from here positively or negatively. Yes, my husband to be is blessed and I am blessed too. It was revelated in My Spirit one evening that the love of a husband/ lover makes the woman to blossom and the womna turns and take care of the man so he blossoms too. Please don't be confused by my posts. I am stil sticking to my first post. I would apprepriate if a man says he can't help his wife because he doesn't want to and not because 'he is the head of his family'. I dislike when people misquote the Bible to their selfish purposes. Thanks for your concern.
Sharrap! You lazy goat. You're determined to be a lazy wife and you dont want to become stereotyped in future. So, you're here trying to start a bandwaggon, that you may not be singled out in future. FYI, it wont work. Ediot, stop embarassing yourself here joor. Have you ever seen or heard of a king doing dishes or chores? I use the King example because they are an almost perfect example of what a home should be. Many have said on this thread that IF YOU CANT DO IT, GET A HOUSE HELP and stop expecting the man to do your duty as wife. Ediot, is this hard to understand?!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by brilapluz(m): 8:49am On Feb 10, 2013
bukatyne: known what? Please share
bukatyne,i dont believe am ready 2 argue wit u on sensitive matters like dis topic..i choose 2 believe dat wat eva we do in our marriage or future marriage is all about d CHOICES we make not comparin it wit odas cos no marriage is perfect..if i want 2 help my wife in anytin at all,it sud be 4 LOVE AND CHOICE SAKE not d oda way round..i wish u well in ur married life..hapy sunday!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Sharrap! You lazy goat. You're determined to be a lazy wife and you dont want to become stereotyped in future. So, you're here trying to start a bandwaggon, that you may not be singled out in future. FYI, it wont work. Ediot, stop embarassing yourself here joor. Have you ever seen or heard of a king doing dishes or chores? I use the King example because they are an almost perfect example of what a home should be. Many have said on this thread that IF YOU CANT DO IT, GET A HOUSE HELP and stop expecting the man to do your duty as wife. Ediot, is this hard to understand?!

Lol. So a woman is lazy if she works full-time...? That is the most un-logical thing I have heard.
A QUEEN does not do house-work as well, sweetness, so that one falls out.

Grow up, clean after yourself.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

Lol. So a woman is lazy if she works full-time...? That is the most un-logical thing I have heard.
A QUEEN does not do house-work as well, sweetness, so that one falls out.

Grow up, clean after yourself.
Un-logical huh? So because she is not lazy with work doesnt mean she's cant be lazy at home eh? Smartness doesnt equate ability to speak english o. Hope you know that. Marraige, like other institutions, comes with roles and DUTIES. In school, you dont expect a Vice chancellor to do the job of a cleaner. At home likewise, duties exist whether you like it or not! A husband's duty is provision and protection. A woman's duty is taking care of the kids and keeping the home tidy. If you can't do it, get help or better still, forget marriage completely. Its not compulsory. I see you have been hammering on women working long hours. But did you miss the part where i said get a house help? Duh?!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
This is the beauty of leveraging. Your phone is a great example. Instead of having to travel long hours to say hello to a friend, just pick up your phone and you know the rest. My point? Your duty as a woman is taking care of the home. If she cant do it, she can leverage by getting a helping hand. Simple! Do the job or get anyone else to do it. Your mama or the girl next door. Just dont come asking me to do chores. Am too busy calculating how to make chedah. Get it?!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Un-logical huh? So because she is not lazy with work doesnt mean she's cant be lazy at home eh? Smartness doesnt equate ability to speak english o. Hope you know that. Marraige, like other institutions, comes with roles and DUTIES. In school, you dont expect a Vice chancellor to do the job of a cleaner. At home likewise, duties exist whether you like it or not! A husband's duty is provision and protection. A woman's duty is taking care of the kids and keeping the home tidy. If you can't do it, get help or better still, forget marriage completely. Its not compulsory. I see you have been hammering on women working long hours. But did you miss the part where i said get a house help? Duh?!

Or even bettere; MARRY SOMEONE WHO AGREE WITH YOURSELF ON WHAT YOUR SPOUSE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

I do not have anything against women doing everything at home, when the women wants it herself. What I do have a problem with is men like you who can not seem to comprehend that people do not want the same as him.

And no, I don`t "get it", because in YOUR world, everyone have to do what YOU like. Realise that people are different, dude. You need to grow up.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Un-logical huh? So because she is not lazy with work doesnt mean she's cant be lazy at home eh? Smartness doesnt equate ability to speak english o. Hope you know that. Marraige, like other institutions, comes with roles and DUTIES. In school, you dont expect a Vice chancellor to do the job of a cleaner. At home likewise, duties exist whether you like it or not! A husband's duty is provision and protection. A woman's duty is taking care of the kids and keeping the home tidy. If you can't do it, get help or better still, forget marriage completely. Its not compulsory. I see you have been hammering on women working long hours. But did you miss the part where i said get a house help? Duh?!
forgive her she is an oyinbo.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

Or even bettere; MARRY SOMEONE WHO AGREE WITH YOURSELF ON WHAT YOUR SPOUSE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

I do not have anything against women doing everything at home, when the women wants it herself. What I do have a problem with is men like you who can not seem to comprehend that people do not want the same as him.

And no, I don`t "get it", because in YOUR world, everyone have to do what YOU like. Realise that people are different, dude. You need to grow up.
You need to do the growing up girl. Obviously, you've realised that am a principled man. Infact, i believe that IF THINGS MUST GET DONE, THEY MUST BE DONE RIGHT. Women that do all the work at home are the right examples of Wife. Not lazy feminists like some of today's girls. Ofcourse i agree that people are different. You even accuse me of wanting everyone to do what i like but you quickly forget that the same thing is what you're doing presently. You're trying to change men's mentality and am here standing up for us and you're crying foul. Smh. Marraige is about agreement but it wont be in this generation that women will start allocating chores to us! Not in this life!!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: forgive her she is an oyinbo.
Ok jare. If not for you eh... But i hear you. Thanks.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by brilapluz(m): 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: forgive her she is an oyinbo.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: You need to do the growing up girl. Obviously, you've realised that am a principled man. Infact, i believe that IF THINGS MUST GET DONE, THEY MUST BE DONE RIGHT. Women that do all the work at home are the right examples of Wife. Not lazy feminists like some of today's girls. Ofcourse i agree that people are different. You even accuse me of wanting everyone to do what i like but you quickly forget that the same thing is what you're doing presently. You're trying to change men's mentality and am here standing up for us and you're crying foul. Smh. Marraige is about agreement but it wont be in this generation that women will start allocating chores to us! Not in this life!!

NO, I am saying that just because a woman want her man to help around the house, does NOT make her lazy.
I am saying: what if you loose your job, and your wife is working, she should hire a MAID to do what you can do at home?
I am saying that every marriage for themself.

You are the one flipping out at me, and others, for not doing it how YOU want it to be, not me.

And Cameroon...kiss my big oyinbo a*s wink

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

NO, I am saying that just because a woman want her man to help around the house, does NOT make her lazy.
I am saying: what if you loose your job, and your wife is working, she should hire a MAID to do what you can do at home?
I am saying that every marriage for themself.

You are the one flipping out at me, and others, for not doing it how YOU want it to be, not me.

And Cameroon...kiss my big oyinbo a*s wink
No matter what i say, you'll never understand my point. But for the opteenth time, i repeat: i dont want to be forced to do any chores. Na by force? A man that loses his job should be encouraged and supported (provided he's not a lazy couch potato) till he gets another. Joblessness should not be an avenue to coerse me to start washing your bra and undies. And YES, hire a maid if the husband is jobless or not (provided you can afford to). If however you cant afford one, then come home early girl. Your chores are waiting. Take it or leave it! You are obviously a: bossy; i-no-go-gre; i-must-have-my-way-always; kinda wife. Many like you dont stay married for too long except for a few. Thread carefully. *Just saying*

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: No matter what i say, you'll never understand my point. But for the opteenth time, i repeat: i dont want to be forced to do any chores. Na by force? A man that loses his job should be encouraged and supported (provided he's not a lazy couch potato) till he gets another. Joblessness should not be an avenue to coerse me to start washing your bra and undies. And YES, hire a maid if the husband is jobless or not (provided you can afford to). If however you cant afford one, then come home early girl. Your chores are waiting. Take it or leave it! You are obviously a: bossy; i-no-go-gre; i-must-have-my-way-always; kinda wife. Many like you dont stay married for too long except for a few. Thread carefully. *Just saying*

See, you are still trashing MY way. I am simply trashing the fact that you are not willing to GIVE in your marriage.

Oh..your wife works 9 hours every day, you don`t have job, she still have to hurry on home to cook and clean while you are doing...what? Bullsh*t. It is THAT kinda attitude I find disturbing.
If your wife don`t have any issue with it, fine. But what if she does? What if she agree on doing everything at home as long as you both are woring, but when you loose your job, she want you to take care? Then what, you gonna divorce...?

My marriage is fine, thank you very much. He gives, I give. He get, I get.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
Men shd jst swallow their pride nd hep their women at home...no one is sayin women shd pride demselves in it or take it for granted...buh d most important tin is men shd undastand dat in btw kipin d house clean, takin care of d kids nd workin....its not easy. And a woman wil definetely look and feel beta if she gets a helpin hand.and for dose talkin bou maids...we all kno d disadvantages far outweighs the advantage...
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
Men shd jst swallow their pride nd hep their women at home...no one is sayin women shd pride demselves in it or take it for granted...buh d most important tin is men shd undastand dat in btw kipin d house clean, takin care of d kids nd workin....its not easy. And a woman wil definetely look and feel beta if she gets a helpin hand.and for dose talkin bou maids...we all kno d disadvantages far outweighs the advantages...

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by kandiikane(m): 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2013
@jallowbah, You're arguing with a nigerian man over duties? It's like arguing with a brick wall. Many of them are not married so they don't understand it. Just leave them be.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2013
kandiikane: @jallowbah, You're arguing with a nigerian man over duties? It's like arguing with a brick wall. Many of them are not married so they don't understand it. Just leave them be.
Many Nigerian men are not married but Many other Nigerian men are married. How can you then generalize that the Nigerian men on this thread know nothing about marriage. Do you know all our marital status to have arrived at this conclusion?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by kandiikane(m): 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Many Nigerian men are not married but Many other Nigerian men are married. How can you then generalize that the Nigerian men on this thread know nothing about marriage. Do you know all our marital status to have arrived at this conclusion?

Yes, because if many arguing were married or even living with their partner they will know every marriage/partnership is different. What works for someone doesn't work for another. Washing your wife's panties doesn't make you any less of a man, you are not better than her. Marriage is a union and you're meant to work together. It's not a union where it's king and subject. If you don't have a job, you Should help around the house, it doesn't make you any less of a man. This shows the disrespect and ill mentality Many men have for women.

"Oh, I'm not a domesticated cat,Why should I wash plates?" what the hell, does that mean? Respect your woman and treat her as you would want to be treated if you want to have a happy and bliss union.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by brilapluz(m): 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2013
kandiikane:

Yes, because if many arguing were married or even living with their partner they will know every marriage/partnership is different. What works for someone doesn't work for another. Washing your wife's panties doesn't make you any less of a man, you are not better than her. Marriage is a union and you're meant to work together. It's not a union where it's king and subject. If you don't have a job, you Should help around the house, it doesn't make you any less of a man. This shows the disrespect and ill mentality Many men have for women.

"Oh, I'm not a domesticated cat,Why should I wash plates?" what the hell, does that mean? Respect your woman and treat her as you would want to be treated if you want to have a happy and bliss union.
lol..OMG!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Young Lady In Makurdi Declared Missing (see Photos) / 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House / Man Declines Family’s Sanction On Wife’s Adulterous Act In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.