Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (22623 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

See, you are still trashing MY way. I am simply trashing the fact that you are not willing to GIVE in your marriage.

Oh..your wife works 9 hours every day, you don`t have job, she still have to hurry on home to cook and clean while you are doing...what? Bullsh*t. It is THAT kinda attitude I find disturbing.
If your wife don`t have any issue with it, fine. But what if she does? What if she agree on doing everything at home as long as you both are woring, but when you loose your job, she want you to take care? Then what, you gonna divorce...?

My marriage is fine, thank you very much. He gives, I give. He get, I get.
One of the lowest points of a REAL MAN's life is when he's without a job. At that point, he's demoralized and some even get suicidal. Now, do you feel that would be the best time to remind your husband about your unwashed bra and undies? eh?!

And talking about Giving in a relationship. Am working really hard. I get my family a beautiful duplex in VI amongst other comforts of life plus security from harm. And you say i have not given enough as a man? Bullshyt!!!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: One of the lowest points of a REAL MAN's life is when he's without a job. At that point, he's demoralized and some even get suicidal. Now, do you feel that would be the best time to remind your husband about your unwashed bra and undies? eh?!

And talking about Giving in a relationship. Am working really hard. I get my family a beautiful duplex in VI amongst other comforts of life plus security from harm. And you say i have not given enough as a man? Bullshyt!!!

I did not say you have not given enough..that is YOUR words, and how you THINK i mean itsmiley

And yes, it is far better for someone without a job to actually DO things, than to sit down and feel sorry for himself. Without a doubt.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
kandiikane:

Yes, because if many arguing were married or even living with their partner they will know every marriage/partnership is different. What works for someone doesn't work for another. Washing your wife's panties doesn't make you any less of a man, you are not better than her. Marriage is a union and you're meant to work together. It's not a union where it's king and subject. If you don't have a job, you Should help around the house, it doesn't make you any less of a man. This shows the disrespect and ill mentality Many men have for women.

"Oh, I'm not a domesticated cat,Why should I wash plates?" what the hell, does that mean? Respect your woman and treat her as you would want to be treated if you want to have a happy and bliss union.
When was the last time you visited your psychiatrist?

BTW, this is your poor definition of marriage and not the definition we all know. You people are editing the definition called marriage. Remember that as it comes with good, side effects will follow. Very soon, i see word "family" in terms of father, mother and children, going extinct. You these feminists will make sure of that. Well, which ever way it turns out in future, MAN will have nothing to lose. That's guaranteed!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

I did not say you have not given enough..that is YOUR words, and how you THINK i mean itsmiley

And yes, it is far better for someone without a job to actually DO things, than to sit down and feel sorry for himself. Without a doubt.
You're just trying to dribble your way out of contradiction. No problem. Marriage comes with agreement between the two or more parties involved. Whatever works on you is not my problem. If you'll like your husband to wash your undies and the rest, fine.
Where i come from, men are not accustomed to that and i will keep my family in that line. Y'all talk about marriage like a union of equals. Lol.
By the way, i'll suggest you start addressing your man as "room mate" and not "husband". ok? Marriage comes with duties. If you're not performing those duties, then you're not wife. Ayalegbe lasan lasan ni e!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by kandiikane(m): 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
^i don't know why I bothered. Your post reeks of idiocy.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
kandiikane: ^i don't know why I bothered. Your post reeks of idiocy.

A word is enough for the wise.
Your posts reeks of poo. I bet you're not married or divorced. Which ever, you're a poorly reared child of a broken home. I bet your father used to beat your mother to sleep every night. I can imagine you crying night after night as you promised in your heart to never take what your mother took when you were young. Oh, pity. Just keep your raskality to yourself and save us the stress of reading your trash here. Goat.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Sharrap! You lazy goat. You're determined to be a lazy wife and you dont want to become stereotyped in future. So, you're here trying to start a bandwaggon, that you may not be singled out in future. FYI, it wont work. Ediot, stop embarassing yourself here joor. Have you ever seen or heard of a king doing dishes or chores? I use the King example because they are an almost perfect example of what a home should be. Many have said on this thread that IF YOU CANT DO IT, GET A HOUSE HELP and stop expecting the man to do your duty as wife. Ediot, is this hard to understand?!
This your post reeks of a man that doesn't know what it means to be a man and lacks principles. Go to God in prayers to reveal what He had in man when He created you to be a man.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 5:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
brilapluz:
bukatyne,i dont believe am ready 2 argue wit u on sensitive matters like dis topic..i choose 2 believe dat wat eva we do in our marriage or future marriage is all about d CHOICES we make not comparin it wit odas cos no marriage is perfect..if i want 2 help my wife in anytin at all,it sud be 4 LOVE AND CHOICE SAKE not d oda way round..i wish u well in ur married life..hapy sunday!
I wish you the very best too. Have a fulfilled day. smiley
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: You need to do the growing up girl. Obviously, you've realised that am a principled man. Infact, i believe that IF THINGS MUST GET DONE, THEY MUST BE DONE RIGHT. Women that do all the work at home are the right examples of Wife. Not lazy feminists like some of today's girls. Ofcourse i agree that people are different. You even accuse me of wanting everyone to do what i like but you quickly forget that the same thing is what you're doing presently. You're trying to change men's mentality and am here standing up for us and you're crying foul. Smh. Marraige is about agreement but it wont be in this generation that women will start allocating chores to us! Not in this life!!
Mr., you don't know what it means to be a principled man. Expect you are holding up the principles of street men. Go back to God to reveal what it means to be a man after the likeness of God.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
bukatyne: This your post reeks of a man that doesn't know what it means to be a man and lacks principles. Go to God in prayers to reveal what He had in man when He created you to be a man.
So, you know what it means to be a man eh? See this one o. You better wake up. That definition of man that you have in your head is sick. Wake up to the real world girl. You've got alot of things twisted.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: So, you know what it means to be a man eh? See this one o. You better wake up. That definition of man that you have in your head is sick. Wake up to the real world girl. You've got alot of things twisted.
The fact I don't see things the way you doesn't mean I got things twisted. Get this into your brain: NO TWO FAMILIES ARE THE SAME; WHAT WORKS FOR A MIGHT NOT WORK FOR B. While you are at it, go and learn how to address people in a public forum. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
bukatyne: Mr., you don't know what it means to be a principled man. Expect you are holding up the principles of street men. Go back to God to reveal what it means to be a man after the likeness of God.
You're telling me to go back to God eh? The word of God that's there for us to see is clearly ignored by you and you're here telling me to go back to that word of God. What happened to that virtuous woman in proverbs 31. Go and read it again and lets leave this matter joor. Lazy bum.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2013
bukatyne: The fact I don't see things the way you doesn't mean I got things twisted. Get this into your brain: NO TWO FAMILIES ARE THE SAME; WHAT WORKS FOR A MIGHT NOT WORK FOR B. While you are at it, go and learn how to address people in a public forum. Thanks
Get this into your thick rotten skull. There's a format for every family to follow. Its like the law. There are things written in there that is not allowed. E.g By the law, you're not allowed to have a child and cook that child in a meal all because its your family fo/ol. So don't tell me that families-are-different-crap again joor!. Its because you can edit this man/woman palava that you're doing so. I don't blame you. I blame man that has decided to allow you to climb up from the gutters where you should have been left to rot. Its a pity, you guys will win this feminist wor but what will come afterwards will not be something close to what you will be able to handle. I guarantee you that for sure.

I rest my case here for now.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
bukatyne: The fact I don't see things the way you doesn't mean I got things twisted. Get this into your brain: NO TWO FAMILIES ARE THE SAME; WHAT WORKS FOR A MIGHT NOT WORK FOR B. While you are at it, go and learn how to address people in a public forum. Thanks
Mumu, are you new here?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: You're telling me to go back to God eh? The word of God that's there for us to see is clearly ignored by you and you're here telling me to go back to that word of God. What happened to that virtuous woman in proverbs 31. Go and read it again and lets leave this matter joor. Lazy bum.
You are obviously not following the word of God. I analyzed this in page 8 or thereabout. I don't care your personal views on how you want to run your home BUT don't drag God into your opinion. You should read Prov 31 yourself because you obviously don't know what it contains. Have you read 1cor13:1 - 13? Do you know the kind of love Jesus showed the church? Do you know God said husbands should care for their wives as Christ cared for the church? Do you know that God called Ezekiel's wife his dearest treasure? Do you know that God compared His love for Isreal with the love a husband loves his wife? Please go and read your Bible and stop disgracing yourself. Abraham was married when he served his visitors food. Jesus Christ our Lord cooked for his disciples and washed their feet. He stooped low and died on the cross for our sins. You don't even know what love means and you are mentioning the Bible.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Get this into your thick rotten skull. There's a format for every family to follow. Its like the law. There are things written in there that is not allowed. E.g By the law, you're not allowed to have a child and cook that child in a meal all because its your family fo/ol. So don't tell me that families-are-different-crap again joor!. Its because you can edit this man/woman palava that you're doing so. I don't blame you. I blame man that has decided to allow you to climb up from the gutters where you should have been left to rot. Its a pity, you guys will win this feminist wor but what will come afterwards will not be something close to what you will be able to handle. I guarantee you that for sure.

I rest my case here for now.
Ypu are really funny. So can you distribute the law for families by Michky so we can follow? You sound like a very bitter person. Come to Jesus, He loves you and will rid your soul of all bitterness and poison.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by kandiikane(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Your posts reeks of poo. I bet you're not married or divorced. Which ever, you're a poorly reared child of a broken home. I bet your father used to beat your mother to sleep every night. I can imagine you crying night after night as you promised in your heart to never take what your mother took when you were young. Oh, pity. Just keep your raskality to yourself and save us the stress of reading your trash here. Goat.

Rants of an abused baboon.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Mumu, are you new here?
So the mark of an old NL member is to insult people because they don't hold your views? It's well. I hope you know you are a man therefore called by God to lead your family by example. I am very sure you would feel ashamed if your wife or child sees these posts in future.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
bukatyne: You are obviously not following the word of God. I analyzed this in page 8 or thereabout. I don't care your personal views on how you want to run your home BUT don't drag God before into your opinion. You should read Prov 31 yourself because you obviously don't know what it contains. Have you read 1cor13:1 - 13? Do you know the kind of love Jesus showed the church? Do you know God said husbands should care for their wives as Christ cared for the church? Do you know that God called Ezekiel's wife his dearest treasure? Do you know that God compared His love for Isreal with the love a husband loves his wife? Please go and read your Bible and stop disgracing yourself. Abraham was married when he served his visitors food. Jesus Christ our Lord cooked for his disciples and washed their feet. He stooped low and died on the cross for our sins. You don't even know what love means and you are mentioning the Bible.
Oya, lets handle your problems one after the other, shall we?

*You say i don't know what Proverb 31 contains. huh? I just read it again and i don't see any part of it where it says "Women, ye will allocate chores to your husbands" or "Husbands, ye shall obey thy wives". Infact, taking from King james version, Proverbs 31 verse 13 says: "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands". Verser 23 says: "He husband is known in the gates, when he siteth among the elders of the land".

Now, the first quote signifies woman to be willingly hardworking while the other quote tells what man's job should be in the home which is securing the wife and children. How will i ensure your protection when am busy washing your undies. Silly.

*Next. In your own words, you say "Do you know the kind of love Jesus showed the church? Do you know God said husbands should care for their wives as Christ cared for the church?" Well, i can't remember any where Jesus continuously did domestic matters, especially since he began his missionary work. So, i don't get your point here.

*Jesus cooked for his disciples but that was men cooking for men. Its like men doing forest camping. When there's no woman around, who else will do the cooking but man. BTW, Jesus did that cookiing because it was a significant meal foo/l!

*Finally, God's love for Isreal was like the love between a Leader and followers. You feminist ediots don't wanna follow. You want to be equals and you use the bible to excuse your fooli/shness. Insane.

In summary, you're confused and need urgent re-orientation.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: You're just trying to dribble your way out of contradiction. No problem. Marriage comes with agreement between the two or more parties involved. Whatever works on you is not my problem. If you'll like your husband to wash your undies and the rest, fine.
Where i come from, men are not accustomed to that and i will keep my family in that line. Y'all talk about marriage like a union of equals. Lol.
By the way, i'll suggest you start addressing your man as "room mate" and not "husband". ok? Marriage comes with duties. If you're not performing those duties, then you're not wife. Ayalegbe lasan lasan ni e!

You see, you continue to trash down the way MY marriage is.

He is my husband, which means I am his wife, and there is no other for us. It means we respect each other, we respect each others wishes, and we try to make each other happy.
For us, that includes sharing on house-chores, depending on who is working most. Like I said; when I was not working, and he was, I did everything at home. But when he was out of work, and just home all day, HE took care of it.

Where he come from, it is not the norm that men clean and cook much, no, but still: his father did help around the house when he was home from the bush. Go figure..

And I can write insults in norwegian back at ya, but I`ll do it in fulani: A selani.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
kandiikane:

Rants of an abused baboon.
Atleast baboon is far better than a street dog that has become a public place. WAM, were you not the one on tv doing it with another dog? Your moniker says it all. KandiKane. You love candy right? hmm...the kiwi candy. Oh, omo oshi.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky:
Oya, lets handle your problems one after the other, shall we?

*You say i don't know what Proverb 31 contains. huh? I just read it again and i don't see any part of it where it says "Women, ye will allocate chores to your husbands" or "Husbands, ye shall obey thy wives". Infact, taking from King james version, Proverbs 31 verse 13 says: "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands". Verser 23 says: "He husband is known in the gates, when he siteth among the elders of the land".

Now, the first quote signifies woman to be willingly hardworking while the other quote tells what man's job should be in the home which is securing the wife and children. How will i ensure your protection when am busy washing your undies. Silly.

She worked willingly with her hands..that does not mean she has to take full responsibility for the house-chores, that is YOUR translation of it. What of a woman who works in a mine, she does not work willingly with her hands?

And how do you manage to translate "he is known in the streets, and sit with elders" unto that a mans job is securing his kids and woman? ...what?

You want to go to the bible, really?
Don`t wear clothes made of two different fabric, or else you should be stoned.
Don`t work on sundays, or else you should be stoned. ( That would include washing anything around the house for your wife, since that is her JOB )
And don`t forget to do animal sacrifices every year, or hell will be upon you...

I have no problem with religious people, but when you start saying "THIS line works for me, but only because I choose what I wish to see"...that does not work.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

You see, you continue to trash down the way MY marriage is.

He is my husband, which means I am his wife, and there is no other for us. It means we respect each other, we respect each others wishes, and we try to make each other happy.
For us, that includes sharing on house-chores, depending on who is working most. Like I said; when I was not working, and he was, I did everything at home. But when he was out of work, and just home all day, HE took care of it.

Where he come from, it is not the norm that men clean and cook much, no, but still: his father did help around the house when he was home from the bush. Go figure..

And I can write insults in norwegian back at ya, but I`ll do it in fulani: A selani.
Because his father did it doesn't mean you should come here and start screaming here about how right it should be that men should do same. Just as there was David and Solomon in the old days, there also existed gate men and slave men. I can't remember David doing chores but perhaps the slave men did. hmm..
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky:
Because his father did it doesn't mean you should come here and start screaming here about how right it should be that men should do same. Just as there was David and Solomon in the old days, there also existed gate men and slave men. I can't remember David doing chores but perhaps the slave men did. hmm..

And if you knew anything about fulani history, you would know better than that, if you really want to go down that road.
Don`t even try.

And I did not say every man have to do what there father did, I am just prooving you wrong in your arguments that "where you come from it`s like this and that", which is..bada-daaam: A LIE.

Michky, no watto jackode. Anani? ( And those talking fulani, feel free to correct my spelling. I do not know the written form, only the vocals. )
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by kandiikane(m): 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Atleast baboon is far better than a street dog that has become a public place. WAM, were you not the one on tv doing it with another dog? Your moniker says it all. KandiKane. You love candy right? hmm...the kiwi candy. Oh, omo oshi.

Lmao, why are you guys still arguing with this guy? Look at his replies, Gosh!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 6:19pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

She worked willingly with her hands..that does not mean she has to take full responsibility for the house-chores, that is YOUR translation of it. What of a woman who works in a mine, she does not work willingly with her hands?

And how do you manage to translate "he is known in the streets, and sit with elders" unto that a mans job is securing his kids and woman? ...what?

You want to go to the bible, really?
Don`t wear clothes made of two different fabric, or else you should be stoned.
Don`t work on sundays, or else you should be stoned. ( That would include washing anything around the house for your wife, since that is her JOB )
And don`t forget to do animal sacrifices every year, or hell will be upon you...

I have no problem with religious people, but when you start saying "THIS line works for me, but only because I choose what I wish to see"...that does not work.
You quickly forget that we're all trying to win an arguement here. The last i checked, anything goes during wor. So, i will interprete the Bible to suit me if i have to.

Besides, alot of the constituents of our present law was generated from the Bible. If you want to start questioning every line in the Bible then you're on your own. As there exist questionable verses in there (such as obey your father and mother so that your days may be long), there also exist verses that are non-questionable like: Thou shall not Kill. Get my drift.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky:
You quickly forget that we're all trying to win an arguement here. The last i checked, anything goes during wor. So, i will interprete the Bible to suit me if i have to.

Besides, alot of the constituents of our present law was generated from the Bible. If you want to start question every line in the Bible then you're on your own. As there exist questionable verses in there (such as obey your father and mother so that your days may be long), there also exist verses that are non-questionable ones like: Thou shall not Kill. Get my drift.

This is not WAR, this is a discussion. Clearly, your parents did not teach you about respect growing up. HOw would your mother feel about you talking like you are doing? Calling women dumb because they don`t agree with you?

And you did not answer me on how you translated a man sitting in the streets with elders into him not being supposed to do sh*t at home, and only work and "protect his family".
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
kandiikane:

Lmao, why are you guys still arguing with this guy? Look at his replies, Gosh!

Because that way, more people will see how foolish he is..smiley

1 Corinthians 15:33 NLT
Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for bad company corrupts good character"

Kinda fits in here.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
Heyo HOLES, gimme a min. Match wan start. Later!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Michky: 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

Because that way, more people will see how foolish he is..smiley

1 Corinthians 15:33 NLT
Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for bad company corrupts good character"

Kinda fits in here.
Before i go for now, you're so dumb. I remember the first reply i wrote to your post on page 3 or so. In the first line, i said: Eleyi ti ya were o. I didn't even look into your profile or meet you here before to have uttered that first impression about you. Let someone translate that to you. At this point, i don't regret saying that to you.

Peace out!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
Michky: Before i go for now, you're so dumb. I remember the first reply i wrote to your post on page 3 or so. In the first line, i said: Eleyi ti ya were o. I didn't even look into your profile or meet you here before to have uttered that first impression about you. Let someone translate that to you. At this point, i don't regret saying that to you.

Peace out!

Meh, I don`t need a translation to know you are talking bull. At least I don`t call you dumb, even though I don`t agree with you.
Just shows how little respect you have been teached.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2013
JallowBah:

Meh, I don`t need a translation to know you are talking bull. At least I don`t call you dumb, even though I don`t agree with you.
Just shows how little respect you have been teached.
That guy lacks social communication skills. Calling arguments in a faceless forum war? It's obvious the guy is very bitter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Woman Divorced For Receiving Blood Donation From Shitte Member (pics) / Another Nigerian Girl, Kiahmarah Nwagwu Goes Missing In London [pictured] / Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.