Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory (17184 Views)

Which PFA Player Of The Year Nominee Has Directly Contributed To The Most Points / OPINION: UYO Stadia Contributed To Eagles AFCON Blushes / Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by itsme2(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2013
These are examples of useless yesterday's men Mr Abati was talking about... Its a new day! The Victors day!

1 Like

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Freiburger(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2013
They all contributed their own quota to the Nigerian football in their own time.

3 Likes

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2013
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by xakjustice(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2013
rubbissh
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Sike(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2013
Y.E.S !!!
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by sobastical: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2013
I don't think so, its just a matter of time. It wasn't there time
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by NwaTeacher1: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2013
Kai! Thank God 4 not using this gang boys who thinks that super eagle can't do without them. We don't need or want them in our team again. Were sending them off unceremoniously.
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2013
i think obafemi martins would have atleast contributed more to the team considering his present form... also, onyechikachi akpam----as for taiwo, osaze..good riddance
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2013
No one is indispensable cos talents abound, they are just yet to be seen!

Proudly Naija#

1 Like

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Rapmaestro(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2013
The thinq is; all these our 9jarian players knows that we 9jarian are not appreciative e.q u qet injured while playinq,9jarian fans will tell the coach to iqnore you and put another person..even the coaches suffer from this fate..so why blame the likes of Martins,Osaze,Taiwo,Nsofor,Obasi e.t.c... I pray come 2015,Keshi should not have been sacked(chances are slim even thouqh he won a cup 4 9ja)
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Panter215: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2013
They are not past tense. I see a lot of competition for our super eagle's shirt now. I see all these guys wanting to play in the confedation cup in June and world cup in 2014. They will all realize that no more na me be number10 or 9. They will all now fight to be included. I can not wait to see the next call to camp. I belive it will be sometime next month for world cup qualifiers.

2 Likes

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by olasmith10(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2013
Osaze wld realize dat there shld be a limit to everytn in life..a limit to anger,hatred,pride,and how one complains.He worked effortlessly for d S.E since 2004,but instead of him to play an elderly role in d team,d reverse was d case.Osaze wld now realize that 'an old masqurade dances gently..its gone already.U can't beckon on a gone bus..

3 Likes

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by fuke(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2013
supereagle: Osaze Odemwingie

What will this boy tweet now?

1 Like

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Ahmeduana(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2013
The question should have be the other way round,> would NIGERIA HAVE WON HAD BEEN THOSE PLAYERS YOU MENTIONED PLAYED< One thing is glaring all of them have one time or the other represented nigeria in one or two major tournamet, so, you can use there previous achievement also there commitment to judge if they would have performed
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by toluxa1(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2013
I sincerely think Osaze and (or) Martins would have definitely been a better replacement for Uche. Uche was the only weak link in that team. Everyone elsee was superb. It was clear that we missed Emenike in yesterday's match and Uche was nowhere near being a perfect substitute.

6 Likes

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by ikeyman00(m): 10:06am On Feb 11, 2013
lord daswood
Even Ivory coast that came with the most complete squad was crush by un completed eagles player ,I believe keshi selection was good enough

my friend; drop that s-hit; this is complete as it get

una no dey tire self!

lipsrsealed
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2013
@Panter215: Nigeria' will play against Kenya in a World Cup qualifier in late March.
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2013
Freiburger: They all contributed their own quota to Nigerian football in their own time.
God bless you
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Austyn316(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2013
The fact that Osaze, Obasi, Taiwo, Nsofor and Apam didn't make it to AFCON 2013 does not mean that they have been written off by Keshi. Even though, Osaze voiced out his displeasure, we didn't hear anything from the others. We may still need their experience someday.

Yes we won the cup but we have a left back problem. Elderson did well but there was much to be desired. Juwon when he came in for ELderson in the final was not better. We gave a chance to some other players but they were not fantastic. Ike Uche to my mind has lost form. It's up to the coach to decided the players he wants at any given time.

It is wrong to just think that it is all over for people like Osaze who at a point gave his all for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Ejine(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2013
Osaze would've definitely been a better replacement for Ike Uche. The guy was just terrible.

Ideye needs more polishing sha. He appears to lack confidence for now.

1 Like

Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by ikeyman00(m): 10:09am On Feb 11, 2013
They are not past tense. I see a lot of competition for our super eagle's shirt now. I see all these guys wanting to play in the confedation cup in June and world cup in 2014. They will all realize that no more na me be number10 or 9. They will all now fight to be included. I can not wait to see the next call to camp. I belive it will be sometime next month for world cup qualifiers.

the next call to camp?

odiwa serious ooo
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2013
toluxa1: I sincerely think Osaze and (or) Martins would have definitely been a better replacement for Uche. Uche was the only weak link in that team. Everyone elsee was superb. It was clear that we missed Emenike in yesterday's match and Uche was nowhere near being a perfect substitute.

UCHE YESTERDAY EMENIKE TODAY TOMORROW WOULD DEFINITELY BE SOMEONE ELSE TIME
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 11, 2013
Austyn316: The fact that Osaze, Obasi, Taiwo, Nsofor and Apam didn't make it to AFCON 2013 does not mean that they have been written off by Keshi. Even though, Osaze voiced out his displeasure, we didn't hear anything from the others. We may still need their experience someday.

Yes we won the cup but we have a left back problem. Elderson did well but there was much to be desired. Juwon when he came in for ELderson in the final was not better. We gave a chance to some other players but they were not fantastic. Ike Uche to my mind has lost form. It's up to the coach to decided the players he wants at any given time.

It is wrong to just think that it is all over for people like Osaze who at a point gave his all for Nigeria.

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by toluxa1(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2013
Panter215: I can not wait to see the next call to camp. I belive it will be sometime next month for world cup qualifiers.

Oh, I thought Nigeria will be automatic CAF representatives. I guess I was wrong.
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by ikeyman00(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2013
@@@@

quote of today

a good player is a good player!

a good player can play anywhere and any league!

and emenike can only get better lipsrsealed
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Adekdammy: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2013
I feel martins and taye taiwo are still relevant, martins is better dan ideye while taiwo is better dan echiejile and oshaniwa, all d same congrats to dis set of eagles, they av d hunger 2 succeed
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by toluxa1(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2013
Even after the victory, when others were celebrating, you could see it in Uche's face, that his smiles were not really from the inside, it was from his mouth cos he knew he had underperformed. He wasn't as excited as others.
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by pyyxxaro: 10:18am On Feb 11, 2013
TAYE TAIWO WOWO SHA grin!!! C AS BONE SHARP FOR IMM FACE cry embarassed
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by Mcleo007(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2013
Martins, Taiwo yes. Osaze and Apam, no!
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by ikeyman00(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2013
@@@@@@@@
Austyn316:
The fact that Osaze, Obasi, Taiwo, Nsofor and Apam didn't make it to AFCON 2013 does not mean that they have been written off by Keshi. Even though, Osaze voiced out his displeasure, we didn't hear anything from the others. We may still need their experience someday.

RUBBISH!

RUBBISH!

RUBBISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

now listen u no bi keshi

some say all fingers are not equal? agree

till this 2013 im yet to see any mid-fielder better than Okocha; u can argue all day if u want!

Good goal keeper doesnt come easily since the english man innovated football; believe it or not Enyama is one of the best in the world; still dont understand the reason even winger cant sing him; if na lie ask the euro-sport tv commentary what they think!

as for me personally i always know super eagles never die but it just that Keshi and siasia has done what some of us always know lipsrsealed
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by ikeyman00(m): 10:23am On Feb 11, 2013
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

now time for the big one
[size=28pt]
would they allow keshi to take us to the world cup in 2014 and maybe 2018[/size]?
Re: They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory by born2boink(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2013
I think the selection was base on credibility and not names except for Yobo which was pick for experience to encourage the younger ones.

I could see the old eagle qualified from group stage but no way like they could escape ivory coast. This new team were strange to ivory coast and they are not bigger than their coach, so they listened to instruction while someone like Osaze would never listen to instruction

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi / Osimhen Urges Fight Against Racism As He Faces Racial Slur In Italy / I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.