Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID (24889 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by coogar: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
slimyem: ignoramus!!!
ITK!!!
Why not just shut up if you know nothing about the topic and Nigerian bank processes?
Nonsense!!!

you are a slimy doofus!
i have been picking up money via western union @ nigerian banks since you were still a frozen egg in a doctor's lab. you have the brain capacity of a louse terrorising your pubes. oloshious tool!

chucky234: You are outdated with banking,national IDs as well as voter's card are valid means of identification in any of the 25 banks in Naija.
His brother has plenty case against the bank staff in question,let them sue his flat as$ to court.

it depends on the amount involved. there's no bank in nigeria that would let you take N160,000 with a useless voter's card. you can quote this anywhere. now, let's flip the script - if a fraudster impersonates you with a dodgy voter's card, pick your money before you got there, you would be here shouting on top of your voice that you have been defrauded because of the bank's security lax.

banks have to protect themselves from unscrupulous nigerians. the bank official is wrong for collecting N10k from the customer - he simply should have refused to pay out until the correct documentation is presented. too many western union fraudsters abound in nigeria. i can understand why banks would not pay such amount to any customer with a voter's card or national ID that can be made within 20 mins with as little as N2000.

1 Like

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by shakur1234(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
coogar:

your brother should take his international passport to the bank. national IDs are invalid in nigeria - too many of them around and bank officials don't know which is which. without a passport or driver's license, your brother has no case.
national ID card and even voters card is allow in my bank but u must have a current account with the bank
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by lightheart(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
olabiz2010:

I strongly disagree with you on the bold part bro. You can NEVER collect Western Union money from any bank in Nigeria without valid driver's license or International Passport, even majority of the bank will give you only if you have account with them. Your voters card and national ID card are only valid for account opening...

Ogbeni, park well jor! I even did collect WU for some of my friends because I had the National ID card.
No come running mouth for here
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by shakur1234(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
coogar:

you are a slimy doofus!
i have been picking up money via western union @ nigerian banks since you were still a frozen egg in a doctor's lab. you have the brain capacity of a louse terrorising your pubes. oloshious tool!

it depends on the amount involved. there's no bank in nigeria that would let you take N160,000 with a useless voter's card. you can quote this anywhere. now, let's flip the script - if a fraudster impersonates you with a dodgy voter's card, pick your money before you got there, you would be here shouting on top of your voice that you have been defrauded because of the bank's security lax.

banks have to protect themselves from unscrupulous nigerians. the bank official is wrong for collecting N10k from the customer - he simply should have refused to pay out until the correct documentation is presented. too many western union fraudsters abound in nigeria. i can understand why banks would not pay such amount to any customer with a voter's card or national ID that can be made within 20 mins with as little as N2000.
voters card and national I'd card is now allow
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by coogar: 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
shakur1234: national ID card and even voters card is allow in my bank but u must have a current account with the bank

and why do you think they added the feature of having a bank account to it? security!! when you grow up and become a bank manager, allow customers to present national IDs to pick up thousands of dollars, you hear. let's see how long your bank would survive before you rest your corns in a dinghy prison cell.

shakur1234: voters card and national I'd card is now allow

oh please - that's a lie. any amount more than $500 comes with extra security!
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Jalal(m): 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lol, your bros is 10k richer!
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by olabiz2010: 12:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
chucky234: You are outdated with banking,national IDs as well as voter's card are valid means of identification in any of the 25 banks in Naija.
His brother has plenty case against the bank staff in question,let them sue his flat as$ to court.

Court ko prison ni.....ode!
Must you come here to show your low life and ignramous idota.
No bank in nigeria I mean NO single bank will pay you WU and MG without valid driver's license or International Passport unless maybe you have an account with them or maybe you are familiar with the bank officials
So pls stop splitting r.u.bbish on what you are not sure of!
You better update and upgrade yourself. This is 2013.................Bomboklat!
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by slimyem: 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
coogar:

you are a slimy doofus!

You goofed!!!
Admit it and stop howling all over the place.
If you have no idea how things work in Nigeria,shut up and spare us a show of ur ignorance!!
Next time I catch you rattling trash on a topic you know nothing about,you'll be in serious trouble.
Doofus oshi!!tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
Some of you like to say things you don't know. He told me he was the one that offered the 10,000 naira. He said he feared going to another location because he already gave out the control number to these people. He said he would rather lose 10,000 naira than to lose $1,000. I did not ask him to have such arrangement with anyone at the bank. I trust my brother.

For those of you doubting, here is the transaction doc;

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by greggng: 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
the bank has no right to collect that amount... is fraudulent. before you are allowed to collect money from western union, you are expected to have a bank account with them or produce someone who has a bank account with the bank who will stand for you.Gone are the days when someone can just fake an id and collect another persons money.The bank places more emphasis on the account holder not on id
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by styles2009: 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hello OP
Please avoid such by using this site to send money even from your toilet

https://www.worldremit.com/en/home

Am not advertising them but there reviews and reliability speak for them.

I used it and money was in the the Nigerian account in 9 mins.

Styles
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by coogar: 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
slimyem: You goofed!!!
Admit it and stop howling all over the place.
If you have no idea how things work in Nigeria,shut up and spare us a show of ur ignorance!!

you have to be recto-cranially inverted!
for any amount more than $500, you have to carry an international passport or a driver's license. national IDs or fake voter's card are invalid. that has been the case since day one but then how would you know? the largest amount you have picked up via WU is 5000 naira - even your NEPA bill is enough to collect such amount.

Next time I catch you rattling trash on a topic you know nothing about,you'll be in serious trouble.
Doofus oshi!!tongue

stop talking, madam asshat!
the op was specific about the amount in question(N160,000)- such transactions are alien to you so stop ptyalising on issues that are intellectually out of your league.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by gwas(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
?
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
This is a big scam from UBA guys there. I work with Mainstreet bank and also do Moneygram and Western Union. Since the drivers license is expired, an alternative should be National ID card, Voters card or International passport. Pls take up the case with them.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by olabiz2010: 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
shakur1234: voters card and national I'd card is now allow
Must you guys open your fowl yarnsh to spit ru.bbi.sh on what you know nothing about?. I pity you.

Voter's card ko School ID card ni.. Ode!
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by funmeme(f): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
doctokwus:
OSo much in a hurry to pay dem dis bribe,which I guess was deducted frm d mony u sent.Smells scam to me

Seriously enh, a lot of things happen in the banking system that is unbelievable. This has happened to me b4 too, UBA {moneygram}. I was asked to open a current account with the money b4 I can collect it though I had my int'l pp wit me and u knw wat that means, I wnt be able to withdraw all the money of which I needed it urgently for my mom.

I had to beg one of their customers who had a Dom/current acct to help me sign off b4 I cud get the money, base on agreement that he will get a % but d guy later letgo of the% sha.

Another option wud av been to bribe d bank' staff, cos I needed d money like....

@Op trust me ur brother is onpoint, I probly wud av done same 'if' in his shoes.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
On a side note, just use quickteller to get your money. No need to go to a bank.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by joudini(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless: Some of you like to say things you don't know. He told me he was the one that offered the 10,000 naira. He said he feared going to another location because he already gave out the control number to these people. He said he would rather lose 10,000 naira than to lose $1,000.

How do you mean by 'he already gave out the CN to these people'? Do you realise that the last 4 digits of the CN have to be manually keyed in by the receiver into the pad?

And to those doubting about Voter's Card, l cashed a cheque of 140k with just my voter's card yesterday at Fidelity Bank, Akoka.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by egbenduru: 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Friends we can't rule out irregularities possible in Nigerian banks.I recently sent someone some money through same western union,she called me as soon as she got the money and added that they requested for some money representing service charge.I immediately asked her to quickly return to the cashier and tell her that every charge on that fund had been paid here and she has no right to ask for extra charges,moreover I ticked in the box provided in the fund transfer form NO ID REQUIRED in which case I supplied a test question and answer.She went back and insisted on having the supposed service charge refunded and the staff did comply.
Again I had requested a friend to send me some cash from our joint account while I was on vacation in Nija,he did and the bank staff came up with same story of bank charges for transfer.I simply brandished my resident card,and told her that I know what's up,moreover I know the top shots of the bank in question.The lady simply dropped the issue of charges.So if they weigh you and see your desperation or naivety they cash on them to play on you.All the same to secure the funds,scrutiny is encouraged,always be on the safe side.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by coogar: 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
joudini:
How do you mean by 'he already gave out the CN to these people'? Do you realise that the last 4 digits of the CN have to be manually keyed in by the receiver into the pad?

And to those doubting about Voter's Card, l cashed a cheque of 140k with just my voter's card yesterday at Fidelity Bank, Akoka.

cashing cheques is different from western union. the banks do not own western union, they are agents of western union so there are guidelines to follow.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by slimyem: 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
coogar:

you have to be recto-cranially inverted!
for any amount more than $500, you have to carry an international passport or a driver's license. national IDs or fake voter's card are invalid. that has been the case since day one but then how would you know? the largest amount you have picked up via WU is 5000 naira - even your NEPA bill is enough to collect such amount.

stop talking, madam asshat!
the op was specific about the amount in question(N160,000)- such transactions are alien to you so stop ptyalising on issues that are intellectually out of your league.
I know you to try to win an argument at all costs even if it means contradicting your initial post,veering off point or resulting to throwing your overused ,recycled ,ineffective language and supposed jabs .This is the nonsense you said initially...that every other poster who has qoutedyou an I took u on
your brother should take his
international passport to the bank.
national IDs are invalid in nigeria - too
many of them around and bank
officials don't know which is which.
without a passport or driver's license,
your brother has no case.

Only a m0ron can spew the above nonsense.
You don't know shit about realities that obtain in this country except hearsays and that's what your oversabi self comes here to jabber about.
Like i said,lemme catch u one more time!!
You have been warned!!grin
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
funmeme:

Seriously enh, a lot of things happen in the banking system that is unbelievable. This has happened to me b4 too, UBA {monegram}. I was asked to open a current account with the money b4 I can collect it though I had my int'l pp wit me and u knw wat that means, I wnt be able to withdraw all the money of which I needed it urgently for my mom.

I had to beg one of the customer who had a Dom acct to help me sign off b4 I cud get the money, base on agreement that he will get a % but d guy later letgo of the% sha.

Another option wud av been to bribe d bank' staff, cos I needed d money like....

@Op trust me ur brother is onpoint, I probly wud av done same in 'if' in his shoes.
People who said the OP's brother should have gone to another bank to collect his money should be aware that Western Union can be collected only in a banking institution where you have an account. It was a CBN directive that took effect August 2011.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nicholaxz: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
The young chap has not said the truth yet.western union money transfer has an operating standard.the younger brother stated means of identification is:To present is Valid drivers license.which he has but invalid instrument is not negotiable in Banking opratns.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
slikcipher:

Ask your brother to tell you the truth!!!

Who are you to doubt my brother? That is the truth.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by PastorAji(m): 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
menix: Supprised pple re doubting d story, its a norm in most bank branches. 70% of money transfer into 9ja re scam so diz officerz use such advantage 2 get der share.. Some bank officerz wuld even negotiate percentage.

Only doz in d system would acknowledge d above is fact..

Na big lie ooo

@OP, your brother just "YAHOOED U" big time.
I am in the system and I know for sure that no Bank.... I REPEAT NO BANK will ever ask you to pay One Naira let alone 10k. The people I know for sure that pays is what I likened to "OWO IdUpE" i.e. Money for Appreciation
The only thing is For proper KYC (know your customer) and in my Bank you bring the necessary ID (Int'l Passport, Drivers Licence, National Id and Voter's Card) and U must av an active Account with us
Shikena!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by joudini(m): 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
coogar:

cashing cheques is different from western union. the banks do not own western union, they are agents of western union so there are guidelines to follow.

Aye, the distinction is obvious. Someone made an incomplete statement about voters card not being accepted in financial transactions and l was refering to that.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
sirugos: @ op. Such a thing has happened to me. I immediately writes to their head office with a constructive mail. Oboy see panic among d staff when they receive respond 4rm there head office. See begging even the branch manager follow beg. Is nt even upto 30mins my money waz realised. With enough sorry sir and thank u sir. So if u have enough evidence just write to their head office.

your gbagaun put everyone on their toes!
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by coogar: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
slimyem: I know you to try to win an argument at all costs even if it means contradicting your initial post,veering off point or resulting to throwing your overused ,recycled ,ineffective language and supposed jabs .This is the nonsense you said initially...that every other poster who has qoutedyou an I took u onOnly a m0ron can spew the above nonsense.

you are a dork.........
how can you pick out a single sentence out of context? i know you can be slow in processing information because of your addled brain - what that statement implied is national IDs are invalid to pick up money($500 upwards) from WU in nigeria. the sentence you and your army of lunatics are having erections about is not standing alone - it's contextual and that's the reason i said his brother has no case!

You don't know shit about realities that obtain in this country except hearsays and that's what your oversabi self comes here to jabber about.
Like i said,lemme catch u one more time!!
You have been warned!!grin

i actually know about what obtains in your little world more than you do - what do you know in this real world apart from breastfeeding? abeggi, this discussion is intellectually out of your league. if the discussion is about hair-plaiting, knitting or frying akara-balls at T-junctions then your expertise would be required. this is money transfer, madam. it's not your forte! the next time you badge into a discussion you are not conversant with, i'll pee on your eardrums!
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by andyanders: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
olabiz2010:

Court ko prison ni.....ode!
Must you come here to show your low life and ignramous idota.
No bank in nigeria I mean NO single bank will pay you WU and MG without valid driver's license or International Passport unless maybe you have an account with them or maybe you are familiar with the bank officials
So pls stop splitting r.u.bbish on what you are not sure of!
You better update and upgrade yourself. This is 2013.................Bomboklat!

My brother, forget some people here with outdated brain.No bank will pay you without valid D/L or Intern'l Passpt and you must have an account with them and whereby you do not have an account with them, an account holder with the bank can stand and sign on your behalf and also provide wither of teh above stated identification.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by SisiKill1: 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless: Some of you like to say things you don't know. He told me he was the one that offered the 10,000 naira. He said he feared going to another location because he already gave out the control number to these people. He said he would rather lose 10,000 naira than to lose $1,000. I did not ask him to have such arrangement with anyone at the bank. I trust my brother.

For those of you doubting, here is the transaction doc;

If it was your brother who offered to pay them off because of his laziness. ...why is this a topic then?!!

Instead of you to be on your brother's case for trying to bribe his way out of doing the right thing, you are blaming the people for collecting it.

Typical Naija mentality. undecided
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by taiwokehin(m): 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
If the FT officer should treat the transaction with expired I D card,it will count against him if caught by the control guy. So your brother might be lying or the bank guy is also a fraud. U can't usse voter's card to pull more than $300. Where is d money coming from? Uk,malysia or canada. The money must be from UK I guess that is where they send WU wit funny name. The FT guy took advantage of d situation. That's all. Lobatan. If u a yahoo guy then it means ole gbe ole gba.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Originalsly: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
What kind of corrupt country is this? OP...reverse the situation.If you were sent money or need to do a transaction in the US..if you do not have proper ID you are not going to do business...if your license is expired just the day before you are not doing business...if your driver license expired on Feb 22 and the police stop you 12:30 am Feb 23 you will be charged and locked up for driving with an expired license. You should know all this so why do you turn around and bad mouth Nigeria? You and your brother add to corruption in Nigerian and I can tell you are not street wise either. Your brother will continue to run scam on you and you will continue to blame it on Nigeria...like your brother said...and you believe...that's the way business is done in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets / How To Make Money Printing Recharge Cards / Where Can I Buy Small Nylon Sealing Machine In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.