Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,655 members, 7,854,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID (24932 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 24, 2013
[quote author=Zelinjo][/quote]

I will apreciate you get me the number. I will surely call the place.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by DidierKing: 12:36am On Feb 24, 2013
@payless
Please could you just drop this issue and get yourself busy with something else , because it is obvious you already have a mindset about this whole issue , therefore no other explanation matters to you.Nigeria is not as bad as you think. you being a US citizen does not give you a right to paint naija black. like other posters told you, no banker will risk their well paying job for a pattery some of #10,000. since your brother does not have a account with the bank , then he must have bargained with an account holder to get the transaction pulled out. this is the possible scenario.
my point is, please drop this issue and stop insulting those that try to explain the realities to you. we all know how you guys are suffering in US,doing all kind of menial job just to make ends meet it is not surprising , that $1,000 is like a million dollars to you.people are making good legitimate money in naija ooooooooo
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 24, 2013
Didier King: @payless
Please could you just drop this issue and get yourself busy with something else , because it is obvious you already have a mindset about this whole issue , therefore no other explanation matters to you.Nigeria is not as bad as you think. you being a US citizen does not give you a right to paint naija black. like other posters told you, no banker will risk their well paying job for a pattery some of #10,000. since your brother does not have a account with the bank , then he must have bargained with an account holder to get the transaction pulled out. this is the possible scenario.
my point is, please drop this issue and stop insulting those that try to explain the realities to you. we all know how you guys are suffering in US,doing all kind of menial job just to make ends meet it is not surprising , that $1,000 is like a million dollars to you.people are making good legitimate money in naija ooooooooo

I beg your pardon punk. I already dropped it because the money is nothing to me. When people make statements that need response, then I will respond. You absolutely don't know me. How much is 10,000 naira? Not everyone who have bank account can go to the ATM and withdraw $1,000 in one day. I have that privilege to withdraw $1,000 or more in a day. You have to earn it to attain that level with the bank. Nigerians are educated and well paid here. Nigerians don't do menial jobs here except they don't have papers. Normally I don't send money like that. I have always have money in Nigeria but my mother who manages my finances in Nigeria is currently here with me for six months.

This is North Carolina bro.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by DidierKing: 1:13am On Feb 24, 2013
you really are jobless and penniless. people with money don't talk. Like i said earlier get busy okay. unfortunate immigrant. sorry oooooooo
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 24, 2013
Didier King: you really are jobless and penniless. people with money don't talk. Like i said earlier get busy okay. unfortunate immigrant. sorry oooooooo

What an id!ot! I will pay your salaries for five straight years without working.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by doyka: 1:19am On Feb 24, 2013
U guys have forgotten the fact that the guy was not an
an account holder in that bank. One of the requirements
in most banks now is being an account holder or atmost
having som1 to indemnify U. Everytin is an opportunity for
money making in Nigeria. There re some pple in the bank
Loittering around ready to indemnify U & take such amount
I m very sure this is what transpired. I ve seen it happen.
Note that National ID is a "very valid " identification for western
union & even for the amount he was taking. The indemnifier who
has to be an account holder signs an indemnity that xfers the risk
to him. Trust nigerian ! To hell with that, as long as pepper is involved grin
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by PapaBrowne(m): 1:20am On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

I beg your pardon punk. I already dropped it because the money is nothing to me. When people make statements that need response, then I will respond. You absolutely don't know me. How much is 10,000 naira? Not everyone who have bank account can go to the ATM and withdraw $1,000 in one day. I have that privilege to withdraw $1,000 or more in a day. You have to earn it to attain that level with the bank. Nigerians are educated and well paid here. Nigerians don't do menial jobs here except they don't have papers. Normally I don't send money like that. I have always have money in Nigeria but my mother who manages my finances in Nigeria is currently here with me for six months.

This is North Carolina bro.

Relax. I told you you left the country way too long ago. Me I left in 99 and came back in 06/07 and I had a slim bit of the kind of mentality you are displaying. Took me sometime to adjust. Nigeria has changed. OK. Did you say withdrawing $1000 is a priviledge in NC?? Well in Nigeria the withdrawal limit for most banks is 150,000 Naira($950) per day and here it is not a priviledge, it is a right. My bro, incase you dont know, Nigeria has changed since the price of oil increased. Money no be problem like before. Bankers earn pretty good. Private jets everywhere. Eko Atlantic city on the way. Ikoyi properties in millions of dollars. Transcorp hilton the most profitable hotel in the world. Dangote richer than Donald Trump and Mayor Bloomberg put together. 40 million interenet users, 4 million of which use Blackberries.

On a more serious note. Knock it off. To assuage your feelings, do as Zelinjo, the banker lady has said. Call the bank and make the said enquiries. Not only would it help you understand better, but it would also allow the bank serve other customers better and that way you would have contributed to the better of the potentially great country. And lest I forget to mention, that your American passport would in the near future have little value compared to our beloved green passport. Americans are already rushing down to Africa to partake in the new gold rush. Join the train bro. Come back home and contribute your quota.!!

2 Likes

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by DidierKing: 1:26am On Feb 24, 2013
@papabrowne
Relax. I told you you left the country way too long ago. Me I left in 99 and came back in 06/07 and I had a slim bit of the kind of mentality you are displaying. Took me sometime to adjust. Nigeria has changed. OK. Did you say withdrawing $1000 is a priviledge in NC?? Well in Nigeria the withdrawal limit for most banks is 150,000 Naira($950) per day and here it is not a priviledge, it is a right. My bro, incase you dont know, Nigeria has changed since the price of oil increased. Money no be problem like before. Bankers earn pretty good. Private jets everywhere. Eko Atlantic city on the way. Ikoyi properties in millions of dollars. Transcorp hilton the most profitable hotel in the world. Dangote richer than Donald Trump and Mayor Bloomberg put together. 40 million interenet users, 4 million of which use Blackberries.

On a more serious note. Knock it off. To assuage your feelings, do as Zelinjo, the banker lady has said. Call the bank and make the said enquiries. Not only would it help you understand better, but it would also allow the bank serve other customers better and that way you would have contributed to the better of the potentially great country. And lest I forget to mention, that your American passport would in the near future have little value compared to our beloved green passport. Americans are already rushing down to Africa to partake in the new gold rush. Join the train bro. Come back home and contribute your quota.!!

Good talk my Bro
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 24, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You funny bro. I will come home when the power failure is a thing of the past. Trust me, I will come home to stay. But what am I going to do with my social security money? LOL! I have two young kids at 4 and 5yrs old. Where I go tell their mama I dey go? She sees Boko Haram on NTA all the time. She thinks they are in every part of Nigeria.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by DidierKing: 1:30am On Feb 24, 2013
This your American passport dey swell your belle. The Americans are looking for greener pasture in naija while you dey there dey boast of citizenship.better come home and see what is going on in naija . I bet you will relocate sharp sharp
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 24, 2013
Didier King: This your American passport dey swell your belle. The Americans are looking for greener pasture in naija while you dey there dey boast of citizenship.better come home and see what is going on in naija . I bet you will relocate sharp sharp

Nigeria is my country and I will be there eventually but not now. I can't sleep with one eye open everynight.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 3:06am On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

Nigeria is my country and I will be there eventually but not now. I can't sleep with one eye open everynight.

didnt I tell you, you are a w.ret.ched nigerian immigrant with an american passport You make a fool of yourself and your whole family because of $1000...olodo rabata... tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 24, 2013
geekinthelead:

didnt I tell you, you are a w.ret.ched nigerian immigrant with an american passport You make a fool of yourself and your whole family because of $1000...olodo rabata... tongue tongue tongue tongue

I can see you woke up very early. Good boy! It's 3:36am in London. Can someone tell me what makes a Nigerian wake-up at 3:30 am on a sunday morning? That means you normally go in to clean toilets between 4am and 12 noon. For how long you've been cleaning toilets in London? By the time you come back you go tire and go dey smell like dog poop. Ayanma!
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by dmcdad: 4:30am On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

Lmao.... Lwtmb. Guy! If being in the states makes you happy and stuff, then remain there. All Nigerians mustn't be residing in Nigeria. As always, there are some that would emigrate from one place or the other, its normal in life. Your happiness and security counts... If coming to Naija makes you feel insecure, then remain there jare...
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by dmcdad: 4:32am On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

I can see you woke up very early. Good boy! It's 3:36am in London. Can someone tell me what makes a Nigerian wake-up at 3:30 am on a sunday morning? That means you normally go in to clean toilets between 4am and 12 noon. For how long you've been cleaning toilets in London? By the time you come back you go tire and go dey smell like dog poop. Ayanma!
Drop this please... Don't make it a personal duel between the both of you.... Abeg lock-up jare
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by leonshom(m): 4:50am On Feb 24, 2013
Well, mayb d banker used dat as an advantage on ur brother, buh dat doesn't make d whole Nation luks bad though,let him get d International passport incase of nxt time !
leonshom: It has expired, so what r u still talkin about? dos it works dat way in d Country u sent d money 4rm? Its ova 10 days d I.D xpired, ow on earth wuld any bank accept such !
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by davades(m): 6:27am On Feb 24, 2013
Can somebody e-mail this link to the Bankk's E-mail
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Olaposij(m): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2013
geekinthelead:

payless:

@UK guy and US guy!!! E don do.. Enuff with d beef.. Sheath d swords pls.. Enough with the insults, ejoo...
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by tonididdy(m): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

Pound Sterling my a.s.s you fu.c.king slowpoke. I am an American citizen du.m.b a.s.s and you can continue to dream of making 1,000 pounds from your cleaning job in London. Dream on nig.g.er!
americana take am easy na...all this cos of a mere 70dolls and u claim u living the life...
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by dmcdad: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
tonididdy: americana take am easy na...all this cos of a mere 70dolls and u claim u living the life...
Guy don't add insult to injury please. We have been trying to put an end to a war of words between himself and a Londoner. So abeg, no come put more fuel...
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

w.ret.ched nigerian immigrant.. you've probably been fortunate to graduate from one of those puff-puff schools they call universities in america with some w.ret.ched puff-puff associate degree and you are working some dumb job which requires no unique skill from which you managed to save $1000 from which you and your w.ret.ched family participate in aiding bribery and corruption in nigeria...

If you have ever tasted the sweet smell of success you would know you do not need western union transfer to make investments in 9ja!! If you have ever tasted the sweet smell of success you would know that most western banking institutions have business relationships with other banks worldwide and if they respect your bank balance they would fall over themselves to set you up with an account or investment vehicle from which you can do business anywhere in the world including nigeria... come on.. this is the scientific and internet age d.umba.s.s!.. tongue tongue

but then you are a w.ret.ched nigerian immigrant with an american passport whose bank balance doesn't worth it!!.. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
You're finally back from cleaning toilets in London. Make sure you take a shower before coming back to nairaland next time. The $1,000 was dash stup!d boy. I know it's paining you since you have been cleaning toilets you have been unable to send anyhting to your jobless, wretched family who are suffering from hunger day after day. $1,000 is peanuts to me as I have tens of that locked-up stup!d b!tch. I didn't have to send it.

You are a Nigerias illegal immigrants who cleans toilets to survive in London. You f.uc.k!ng smells like poop mu.t.herf.uc.k.er.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
payless: You're finally back from cleaning toilets in London. Make sure you take a shower before coming back to nairaland next time. The $1,000 was dash stup!d boy. I know it's paining you since you have been cleaning toilets you have been unable to send anyhting to your jobless, wretched family who are suffering from hunger day after day. $1,000 is peanuts to me as I have tens of that locked-up stup!d b!tch. I didn't have to send it.

You are a Nigerias illegal immigrants who cleans toilets to survive in London. You f.uc.k!ng smells like poop mu.t.herf.uc.k.er.

D.umba.ss.. at least there is dignity in cleaning and earning a decent livint wage! I'd rather be that, than be a w.re.tched nigerian immigrant like yourself who is dumb enough to boast about bribery and corruption within his own family!! tongue tongue Nigerians' like you is exactly why that country has failed!! You lack dignity.. no integrity about your person!!! You think just because you live in america, you can open your foul mouth and spit your putrid nonsense and get away with it.. sad sad I put it to you that though you live in america, you are still w.r.e.tched as evidenced by most of the comments you have received here!! That is exactly what makes you a "w.re.t.ched nigerian immigrant with an american passport".

You see a man or woman doing cleaning as somehow demeaning. you would rather be a thief and make loads of money than be a cleaner abi?? ole.. I wonder where you got the $1000 from?? If i know your name I will forward it to the american customs and revenue service for a full investigation!!! tongue tongue
I bet you have probably never filed taxes since your stay in american!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Honadeadek(m): 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
payless: I have just asked him to get International Passport for future purposes. He said UBA, Dopemu. I even called to speak with these people and were adamant on seeing his driver's license which he had on him with voters' car and national I.D but they asked him to go and renew his drivers' license. The license only expired last week. This is a very crazy nation.

They released the money with 10,000 naira bribe.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Honadeadek(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
payless: I have just asked him to get International Passport for future purposes. He said UBA, Dopemu. I even called to speak with these people and were adamant on seeing his driver's license which he had on him with voters' car and national I.D but they asked him to go and renew his drivers' license. The license only expired last week. This is a very crazy nation.

They released the money with 10,000 naira bribe.

I neva believe dis as the Standard means of I'd for Money transfer remains d national I'd, International passport and the Drivers licence. Although CBN directive made d national voters card valid for account opening but not for international money transfer but Ur broda made a mistake of staying @d UBA branch as all banks has access to Western union and Moneygram platform. It is jst a lack of awareness on d part of ur broda for not knowing wat is ryt. The truth is one can access international money transfer from any of the Nigerian Banks except RIA transfer which allows direct lodgement into Nigerian account being done by the onle bank in Nigeria Our FIRSTBANK
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
geekinthelead:

D.umba.ss.. at least there is dignity in cleaning and earning a decent livint wage! I'd rather be that, than be a w.re.tched nigerian immigrant like yourself who is dumb enough to boast about bribery and corruption within his own family!! tongue tongue Nigerians' like you is exactly why that country has failed!! You lack dignity.. no integrity about your person!!! You think just because you live in america, you can open your foul mouth and spit your putrid nonsense and get away with it.. sad sad I put it to you that though you live in america, you are still w.r.e.tched as evidenced by most of the comments you have received here!! That is exactly what makes you a "w.re.t.ched nigerian immigrant with an american passport".

You see a man or woman doing cleaning as somehow demeaning. you would rather be a thief and make loads of money than be a cleaner abi?? ole.. I wonder where you got the $1000 from?? If i know your name I will forward it to the american customs and revenue service for a full investigation!!! tongue tongue
I bet you have probably never filed taxes since your stay in american!!! tongue tongue tongue

You are your father's son as you finally admitted to be cleaning toilets in London. I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. As for taxes, I just filled my taxes and paid my taxes few days ago. Filtrona USA is my place of work. The only Nigerian American that works there is me. You can continue to say what you don't know. If there is dignity in cleaning toilets, then that is your own calamity.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by automaticcars: 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
geekinthelead:

This mor0n needs help fast. Someone needs to put you in your place. What is your own business in this?
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

You are your father's son as you finally admitted to be cleaning toilets in London. I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. As for taxes, I just filled my taxes and paid my taxes few days ago. Filtrona USA is my place of work. The only Nigerian American that works there is me. You can continue to say what you don't know. If there is dignity in cleaning toilets, then that is your own calamity.

ole... where and when did you "file" your taxes If you are not a thief, I dare you to post the following info:

place you "filed" tax return (name of town or county)
date you filed tax return
unique social security number (not your name)

I bet you a thief like you can never in his lifetime 'truthfully' paste this information which is completely useless to anyone except a Law abiding citizen looking to prevent fraud and bribery and corruption.. tongue tongue tongue

w.retc.hed nigerian immigrant with an american passport!!!... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
geekinthelead:

ole... where and when did you "file" your taxes If you are not a thief, I dare you to post the following info:

place you "filed" tax return (name of town or county)
date you filed tax return
unique social security number (not your name)

I bet you a thief like you can never in his lifetime 'truthfully' paste this information which is completely useless to anyone except a Law abiding citizen looking to prevent fraud and bribery and corruption.. tongue tongue tongue

w.retc.hed nigerian immigrant with an american passport!!!... tongue tongue tongue

It seems you now steal people's identity when cleaning job not paying you handsomely. You are a low life illegal immigrant living in London.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by automaticcars: 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
@payless

please ignore the fo0l. i think the guy/boy is mentally deranged. he can't send money to his people back home because he doesn't have it. He dey jealous you sent money to your brother which him no fit do. People like him dey plenty for nairaland. Na haters dem be.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
payless:

It seems you now steal people's identity when cleaning job not paying you handsomely. You are a low life illegal immigrant living in London.

ole, thief, thief whose family colludes in bribery and corruption... ole, where did you thief $1000 from tongue tongue tongue tongue w.rect.ched nigerian immigrant with an american passport!!! tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
automaticcars: @payless

please ignore the fo0l. i think the guy/boy is mentally deranged. he can't send money to his people back home because he doesn't have it. He dey jealous you sent money to your brother which him no fit do. People like him dey plenty for nairaland. Na haters dem be.

semi-illiterate, kwashioko-looking, yellow eyed nigerian! tongue tongue You havent finished sorting out the problems i.diots like you constitute in 9ja and you are making noise... olodo rabata...oju eja lo mo je!! tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Small Nylon Sealing Machine In Lagos? / How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria / Nobody In Nigeria Can Seize My Property — JIMOH IBRAHIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.