Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,139 members, 7,845,781 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID (24910 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by coogar: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
If it was your brother who offered to pay them off because of his laziness. ...why is this a topic then?!!

Instead of you to be on your brother's case for trying to bribe his way out of doing the right thing, you are blaming the people for collecting it.

Typical Naija mentality. undecided

but should the bank have accepted such an illegal offer?
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
If it was your brother who offered to pay them off because of his laziness. ...why is this a topic then?!!

Instead of you to be on your brother's case for trying to bribe his way out of doing the right thing, you are blaming the people for collecting it.

Typical Naija mentality. undecided

I wonder oo. It's funny how people support corruption and come out to condemn it at the same time. The OP mentioned that his brothers drivers license "only" expired 10 or so days ago as if that is a good thing. If your drivers license expired 2hrs ago, it is null and void. It is no longer a form of identification for the purposes of transactions like this. Instead of you to ask your bro to go and renew his license, you're here trying to put blame on someone else. If he needed the money urgently, all you had to do was reassign the money to someone else that had a VALID ID.
You and your brother are just as guilty as whoever collected the 10k. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Winneygirl(f): 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
ayo ade: Western Union can be picked in any Bank Agent location. for transaction amounts that is $300 and above you need either of the following cards, Driver licence, passport or National ID. But for amounts below $300, any other photo ID including voter's card can be used. Please tell your brother to go to any FirstBank branch with the National ID card. We have well trained Operators who understands the business well than any other Bank and some of our locations work on Sundays. In future, you can send the money directly to his account or your account with FirstBank using RIA MONEY TRANSFER. Very soon, you will be able to send the money through Firstbannk to any of your accounts, either in USD, NGN, EURO, GBP even from your room without having to go to any sending agent shop through TRANSFAST money transfer on our portal. If you need further clarification or assistance you can send a mail to me on ayo.adesomoju@yahoo.com or send sms to 08027342344. I manage Money transfer product for FirstBank.

I love Naija. We no dey carry last.
We are here discussing scam, and brother Ayo Adescammer has suddenly started managing Money transfer Product for firstbank.

Naija I hail o...
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by andyanders: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless: Some of you like to say things you don't know. He told me he was the one that offered the 10,000 naira. He said he feared going to another location because he already gave out the control number to these people. He said he would rather lose 10,000 naira than to lose $1,000. I did not ask him to have such arrangement with anyone at the bank. I trust my brother.

For those of you doubting, here is the transaction doc;

My brother, nobody is doubting the transaction and also the 10k involved. listen, no banker will start processing the pulling off the transaction from western union network, without the verification and certification of the tendered identification which is the D/L. After certifying that the D/L is valid and also has not expired. Remember that you are required to first fill out the 6 digit MTCN number while holding 4 digit as your security code/pin number. When he is asked to enter the last digit number, it will indicate on the screen " Transaction Found".So saying here that he was afraid of losing the money is uncalled for as that does not happen.

As I earlier said, what I believe that happened here is that when he tabled his D/L to the western union officer, he discovered that his D/L has expired and refused to pay him. You brother must have started pleading with the officer to pay him and the officer said NO. Now, since he is desperate to collect the money as you said, they must have told him that unless he wants someone that has an account to provide his/her valid identification on his behalf in order for them to pay him and if that happens that the person collects 10k for using his/her identification on his (your brother) behalf because if anything happens such a person will be held responsible.At this point, he yielded and agreed for them to pull the money from the system and he paid the 10k

In this case, your brother should not present it that UBA took bribe of 10k for the transaction. Now, I ask, was your brother not aware that his licence has expired and inform you of this? If he did, you were supposed to have given a standing instruction that he should be paid with National ID.
To me, your brother should be reasonable enough to tell you the truth of what actually transpired there than his statement.Nobody took an advantage of your brother here and calling Nigeria " a corrupt country as far as this issue is concerned is uncalled for. Choose your words and don't stay out there making derogatory statement on your country because you do not have any other country than Nigeria.We have a name to protect. No matter that we have corrupt leaders, we still have descent Nigerians all over the world. You should not for any reasons present Nigeria to the global world as if we are the worst country on earth. Go to Italy and see the way they live. They are not better than Nigeria.
In America where you stay, we have stayed over 18yrs here and still believe in Nigeria no matter what happens. Columbia, Brazil and all these countries, Nigeria is still better than them. Our present situation is because of our leaders and I believe that most of them will go down the drain one day and the young ones will spring up and present Nigeria as a World Power.You know the number of years it took America to get to the place they are today.We must get there.
You should have known the best way to present your case and people would have tried to help us see reasons of what actually happened on the said case.

2 Likes

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
A-town:

I wonder oo. It's funny how people support corruption and come out to condemn it at the same time. The OP mentioned that his brothers drivers license "only" expired 10 or so days ago as if that is a good thing. If your drivers license expired 2hrs ago, it is null and void. It is no longer a form of identification for the purposes of transactions like this. Instead of you to ask your bro to go and renew his license, you're here trying to put blame on someone else. If he needed the money urgently, all you had to do was reassign the money to someone else that had a VALID ID.
You and your brother are just as guilty as whoever collected the 10k. Case closed.

I hope you know how to read? He had other IDs but due to his desperation they took advantage of him.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by tonididdy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
@OP make we hear word abeg cos of 10k...if i go weste office sometimes i dey burst dcashier 15k,10k deepends how much i grab.so chillit brof.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless:

I hope you know how to read? He had other IDs but due to his desperation they took advantage of him.

Yes i do and i also know how to read the "fine print" as well. If they told him, the only acceptable ID for that transaction was an "unexpired" drivers license, then why all the noise. If you don't like it or don't have the right ID, then move on to another location (there are thousands available) that will accept the "OTHER ID's" that he had. You have no case here. Stop throwing blame around. You and your brother are to blame.

1 Like

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by fittty(m): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless: Is he right to have paid N10,000 bribe to receive WU without correct ID?

I sent $1,000 to my brother this morning while he was at the bank. To my surprise, they refused to release the money to him except he agrees to pay them 10,000 naira bribe because his driver's license expired 10th February, 2013. He also had his voters' I.D card and national card with him. They refused any other I.D ecxept drivers' license. What kind of corrupt country is this? When is this country going to start to do the right thing? How something like this should be happening?

TELL HIM TO GO BACK AND DEMAND FO THE TEN THOUSAND NAIRA!!! THE BANKERS WHO TOOK THE BRIBE WILL GIVE HIM THE TEN THOUSAAND IF HE DEMANDS TO SEE THE BRANCH MANAGER. THEY OBVIOUSLY ARE EXPOSED TO THOSE YAHOO BOYS BRIBE THAT'S WHY THEY WANT A BRIBE FROM HIM
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
taiwokehin: If the FT officer should treat the transaction with expired I D card,it will count against him if caught by the control guy. So your brother might be lying or the bank guy is also a fraud. U can't usse voter's card to pull more than $300. Where is d money coming from? Uk,malysia or canada. The money must be from UK I guess that is where they send WU wit funny name. The FT guy took advantage of d situation. That's all. Lobatan. If u a yahoo guy then it means ole gbe ole gba.

Some of you think you know but you don't. How did you know the money must have been sent from U.K? The money was sent from North Carolina, USA.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
fittty:

TELL HIM TO GO BACK AND DEMAND FO THE TEN THOUSAND NAIRA!!! THE BANKERS WHO TOOK THE BRIBE WILL GIVE HIM THE TEN THOUSAAND IF HE DEMANDS TO SEE THE BRANCH MANAGER. THEY OBVIOUSLY ARE EXPOSED TO THOSE YAHOO BOYS BRIBE THAT'S WHY THEY WANT A BRIBE FROM HIM

I told him exactly this but he took it as if those people doing him a favor. I have never sent Western Union before and it was his first time getting Western Union too. I will never do anything like that again. Normally, I do wire transfer but he needeed the money urgently and I could not help him with the money because it was night here and I told him I would go to the ATM machine at 8am in the morning, which is 2pm Nigerian time to send the money. I asked him the closest bank and he said UBA, Dopemu.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by fittty(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless:

I told him exactly this but he took it as if those people doing him a favor. I have never sent Western Union before and it was his first time getting Western Union too. I will never do anything like that again. Normally, I do wire transfer but he needeed the money urgently and I could not help him with the money because it was night here and I told him I would go to the ATM machine at 8am in the morning, which is 2pm Nigerian time to send the money. I asked him the closest bank and he said UBA, Dopemu.

YOUR BOTHER IS LYING TO YOU IF HE ISN'T WILLING TO GO SEE THE BRANCH MANAGER. THOSE WHO COLLECTED THE BRIBE FROM HIM WOULD BE SACKED!!! I HAVE BEEN INTO COUNTLESS BANK BRANCHES TO RECEIVE MONEY BY WESTERN UNION AND I KNOW HOW THEY ARE ALWAYS WAITING FOR YAHOO BOYZ BRIBES. THEY OBVIOUSLY THOUGHT HE IS A YAHOO BOY AND USED A SLIGHT EXCUSE TO DEMAND FOR BRIBE. IF YOU WERE IN NIGERIA, ILL ASK YOU TO TAKE A WALK TO FIRST BANK DUGBE BRANCH IN IBADAN, THEN YOU'LL KNOW WHAT I'm TALKING ABOUT THEY BANKERS THERE EVEN CHIT CHAT WITH THE YAHOO BOYS ON HOW THEY MAKE MONEY AND DISCUSS OPENLY. THE WESTERN UNION UNIT THERE LOOKS LIKE THAT'S WHERE THESE YAHOO BOYS GO TO BROWSE THE INTERNET. TELL HIM TO GO BACK FOR HIS MONEY
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Abduljohn(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ op, pls instead of putting a bank @ a red while nt ask ur broda d truth becos i dont thk a banker ll ask 4 10k on 1000dollars n my knwledge abt Nigeria banks once its WU nbdy ll like to soil his/her name. As 4 GTBank its dia rule so knw it 4 dem.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
Anyone is entitled to his or her opinion. I trust my brother any day any time. It was his desperation to use the money that cost him 10,000 naira. This is now gone and I won't be sending any western union ever again. He had a "deal" with them which his bribery to me no matter how he put it. I spoke to the officer myself telling him I just sent the money from U.S about an hour ago and he said they accept only International Passport or Unexpired License.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nyce1: 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dis is absolutely not true...no bank official wil demand for money b4 treatin western union NOT EVEN IN UBA wit project ALFA. Ur broda definitly duped u of dat 10k. U can ask any oda person to confirm dis in dat same branch from D operations manager or BM. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nyce1: Dis is absolutely not true...no bank official wil demand for money b4 treatin western union NOT EVEN IN UBA wit project ALFA. Ur broda definitly duped u of dat 10k. U can ask any oda person to confirm dis in dat same branch from D operations manager or BM. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.

Please do it on my behalf. Print the document below and go to Dopemu UBA Branch to investigate. I will appreciate you do that and tell the whole world your findings.

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by ehispapa(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless:

He did not play a fast one on me. He called me to even speak to those people. If not for the urgency of the money, I would just cancel the transaction from here.

Guy stop being naive, any of his friend can pose as a bank official on line. i do collect western union and it is not mandatory to receive using international passport. just state" using any means of identification" and it done. i dont think any banker in naija will risk his job for 10k...i think ur broda is 10k richer.shekena
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by fittty(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless: Anyone is entitled to his or her opinion. I trust my brother any day any time. It was his desperation to use the money that cost him 10,000 naira. This is now gone and I won't be sending any western union ever again. He had a "deal" with them which his bribery to me no matter how he put it. I spoke to the officer myself telling him I just sent the money from U.S about an hour ago and he said they accept only International Passport or Unexpired License.

Then it looks like you offered the bribe not he bankers demands. If you didn't meet their requirements then why not just walk into another bank branch... *shiekena*
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by andyanders: 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nyce1: Dis is absolutely not true...no bank official wil demand for money b4 treatin western union NOT EVEN IN UBA wit project ALFA. Ur broda definitly duped u of dat 10k. U can ask any oda person to confirm dis in dat same branch from D operations manager or BM. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.

I think we should allow this guy be since he has failed to read posts here but will stand for his brother's action. I have already stated here that no bank will take as charges or whatever 10k from this transaction. His brother is not telling him the truth and he is still presenting proof to show he sent the money. Nobody is arguing with him that he never sent money. Your brother went with expired D/L and other identification cards and he said that they failed to accept National Id and whatever.

Now I still ask him(Payless) questions and he has failed to answer my posts here. Is your brother maintain an account with the bank? Why must he go there with expired D/L. Did his brother inform him that his D/L has expired and as the sender,did you put a standing instruction to pay with any other ID? Why did his brother refused to contact the Bank Manager to inform him that the staff requested for 10k? He claimed here that he spoke with the banker in question,and why did you not tell your brother to go to another place? He too stated here that his brother was afraid that he might end up loosing the money if he leaves the bank to another bank? I countered that also to inform him that nobody will even accept to commence processing his transaction to be paid unless his ID has been verified to be ok. At that point, he enters the first 6 digits ONLY on the form he filled out and the remaining 4 stands as his secret number.So, this is uncalled for. Payless should counter this process and accusation here. I still put it up to paless that his brother is economical with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
He does not have account with them. The bank is the closest bank around. He offered them the 10,000 naira which is wrong on his part and wrong on whoever accepted it. Why should they release the money if they had any doubt the money belongs to someone else? They knew there the money belongs to him but due to his desperation, they took advantage of him. But he still believes they helped him which I disagree with that notion. I told him they did not help him but only took advantage of him.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by SisiKill1: 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
There's nothing to investigate. ..YOUR BROTHER IS THE ONE WHO OFFERED THEM THE MONEY.

They didn't glue his ass to the chair, put a gun to his head and tell him to pay or else. ..YOUR BROTHER CHOSE TO TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT INSTEAD OF DOING THE RIGHT THING. This is all on HIM.

Should they have collected. ..of course not but that doesn't cover up the fact that YOUR BROTHER DECIDED TO BRIBE TO GET HIMSELF OUT OF A JAM.

This is like leaving the doors to your nicely furnished home open with a flashing neon sign that reads OWNER NOT HOME and then bemoaning the fact that thieves just strolled in and carted everything away.

We all have a part to play in everything we do. ...your brother's part in this transaction was to have a valid ID, he didn't do a good job of it so he decided to find a work around solution. ..he offered a bribe and the bankers, whose part was to make sure he had a valid ID took his offer.

If you want to make an issue about this entire thing. ...start with your brother.

1 Like

Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by linearity: 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
coogar:

your brother should take his international passport to the bank. national IDs are invalid in nigeria - too many of them around and bank officials don't know which is which. without a passport or driver's license, your brother has no case.

I think he has a case, If the ID he presented was not valid, they should not have released the money. Asking him to paid N10K in lieu of a valid identity is criminal on the part of Bank official.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by femmy2010(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless: Is he right to have paid N10,000 bribe to receive WU without correct ID?

I sent $1,000 to my brother this morning while he was at the bank. To my surprise, they refused to release the money to him except he agrees to pay them 10,000 naira bribe because his driver's license expired 10th February, 2013. He also had his voters' I.D card and national card with him. They refused any other I.D ecxept drivers' license. What kind of corrupt country is this? When is this country going to start to do the right thing? How something like this should be happening?

Why didn't your bro go to another WU outlet to pick it up?
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by DidierKing: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
I have worked in a bank and used to handle WU transactions. Before an officer starts a transaction,they will first confirm if you are an account holder(you need to collect WU at the bank where you have an account)verification of the ID'S is done i.e they ensure you have the proper ID(either NAT ID, DL or INT'L PPORT )and also ensure the Id's are not expired as in the case of DL AND INT"L PPORT. Before they proceed to pull out the transaction.
@OP,NO bank staff will ask for a bribe to do his job. I think you brother is economical with the truth
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Didier King: I have worked in a bank and used to handle WU transactions. Before an officer starts a transaction,they will first confirm if you are an account holder(you need to collect WU at the bank where you have an account)verification of the ID'S is done i.e they ensure you have the proper ID(either NAT ID, DL or INT'L PPORT )and also ensure the Id's are not expired as in the case of DL AND INT"L PPORT. Before they proceed to pull out the transaction.
@OP,NO bank staff will ask for a bribe to do his job. I think you brother is economical with the truth

He offered them bribe and they took it. They both wrong. He is not lying as he believes they were doing him favour. Why in the world they rejected voters' card and national ID card? Why must he present only drivers' license or international passport?
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2013

You and your brother are complicit in the corruption crises plaguing the Country. The proper thing was for your brother to go and renew his drivers license before returning to collect the money! nonsense!! no one is impressed you sent $1000 to nigeria.. undecided undecided coming here and asking stupid questions when you are indirectly aiding and abetting.. olodo rabata... tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
geekinthelead:

You and your brother are complicit in the corruption crises plaguing the Country. The proper thing was for your brother to go and renew his drivers license before returning to collect the money! nonsense!! no one is impressed you sent $1000 to nigeria.. undecided undecided coming here and asking stupid questions when you are indirectly aiding and abetting.. olodo rabata... tongue tongue

You are a very st.u.pid boy. Show me where I supported his action. He is as culpable as those he offered the bribe. If you don't know what to say, just go and join your wife in the market and help her sell palm-oil. So go to hell. I know you have never seen that amount of money in your miserable life.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by andyanders: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless: He does not have account with them. The bank is the closest bank around. He offered them the 10,000 naira which is wrong on his part and wrong on whoever accepted it. Why should they release the money if they had any doubt the money belongs to someone else? They knew there the money belongs to him but due to his desperation, they took advantage of him. But he still believes they helped him which I disagree with that notion. I told him they did not help him but only took advantage of him.
\\

Now you are talking. Your brother dos not have an account with the bank and because the bank was the closest, he went there. Note what happened was this; he presented an expired drivers and also he has no account with the bank. They must have told him that if he wants to have the money cleared, that a person who has an account with the bank can provide his ID to stand for him and he will pay the person 10k for this as the person who owns the account will be held responsible if anything happens.
All you need do if you still need to be making use of sending money by western union, ask your brother to open an account with any bank and he would not experience anything like this anymore.
Without maintaining an account with any bank, you cannot be allowed to pick your money through any western union. That is the new policy. Bank should know their customer no matter how minimal the transaction is. The person who provided his info should be the one that helped your brother and your brother paid for the persons service and not the bank that charged or took advantage of your brother. TAKE NOTE. So stop calling your country negative names for nothing of their fault or the bank.
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
andyanders: \\

Now you are talking. Your brother dos not have an account with the bank and because the bank was the closest, he went there. Note what happened was this; he presented an expired drivers and also he has no account with the bank. They must have told him that if he wants to have the money cleared, that a person who has an account with the bank can provide his ID to stand for him and he will pay the person 10k for this as the person who owns the account will be held responsible if anything happens.
All you need do if you still need to be making use of sending money by western union, ask your brother to open an account with any bank and he would not experience anything like this anymore.
Without maintaining an account with any bank, you cannot be allowed to pick your money through any western union. That is the new policy. Bank should know their customer no matter how minimal the transaction is. The person who provided his info should be the one that helped your brother and your brother paid for the persons service and not the bank that charged or took advantage of your brother. TAKE NOTE. So stop calling your country negative names for nothing of their fault or the bank.

Just today I told him he should have opened an account with the bank but he said it is not a good bank. I do have problem with him offering 10,000 naira and them accpeting it. He termed it as tip for their help and I call it bribery. 10,000 naira is nothing much to me but I just hate the fact that the Voters' card and National ID were also rejected. Why must it be only drivers' license and International Passport are the only accpetable form of identification?
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless:

You are a very st.u.pid boy. Show me where I supported his action. He is as culpable as those he offered the bribe. If you don't know what to say, just go and join your wife in the market and help her sell palm-oil. So go to hell. I know you have never seen that amount of money in your miserable life.

t.wat!! I make more money in a day than the $1000 you sent your dum.b corrupt broke a.s.s brother... tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
geekinthelead:

t.wat!! I make more money in a day than the $1000 you sent your dum.b corrupt broke a.s.s brother... tongue tongue

You must be dreaming mut.herf.u.cker. You make that in your dream or where?
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by geekinthelead: 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless:

You must be dreaming mut.herf.u.cker. You make that in your dream or where?

No dumba.s.s I make it in pound sterling in these United Kingdom... wretc.hed immigrant like yourself... tongue tongue
Re: Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID by fittty(m): 7:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
payless:

Just today I told him he should have opened an account with the bank but he said it is not a good bank. I do have problem with him offering 10,000 naira and them accpeting it. He termed it as tip for their help and I call it bribery. 10,000 naira is nothing much to me but I just hate the fact that the Voters' card and National ID were also rejected. Why must it be only drivers' license and International Passport are the only accpetable form of identification?

My brother most banks have western union outlets. He should have simply gone to the bank he uses to get the money out. National Id card, voters card, drivers license, int passport are accepted by all banks. They simply used his expired DL to make him see the transaction as impossible and demanded money to get his money out..... The solution out now is for him to go back and demand a refund.... He should go straight to the manager and state his situation. Simple!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. / How To Make Money Printing Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.