Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,645 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54974 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 12:10am On Mar 02, 2013
bomly:

No disrespect but When you see your papa beat your mama or you see your papa marry 5 wives and your mama just dey there all in the name of marriage or even your society dehumanizes a woman then you cannot be blamed if you then say it's a mans world.
Since I was born and now I am ..............., I have never heard/seen my dad raising his hands on my mum... Never... Violence isn't what I meant by the world being a man's world..

bomly:
However there are world where things are operated equally. I nor insult your papa or mama oh I am referring to society no make you nor respond to my post with an insult. Just trying to say what we see and experience shape our minds to a very large extend.
@bolded, don't worry nbright try not get angry by insults or " referring to society" talks... My mama train me well.. So me na ice water... All the same, try ur possible best to leave my parent's out of it...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by paris10: 12:13am On Mar 02, 2013
luvmijeje: If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.
Pls don't let society pressurize u into making a wrong choice.
'Why are there high rate of divorcee and single mothers' are threads that people should open on NL.

I guess your "don't settle for less" means they shouldn't marry an average brother, instead you're insinuating they go for the ready-made brothers. There you have it...more reason why they will still be single until they reach menopause.

No one wants to endure and suffer with Chukwudi these days, everyone want Oga Festus who is a self-made millionaire. Oga Festus is no mugu and would only play and shop you. Oga Festus already has a family somewhere. Chukwudi is single, hardworking and not doing bad, stick with him and plan your life with him. Diamond isn't available on every street, and doesn't grow in a comfortable garden. It's right there in the bottom of the sea, dangerously hidden from you, and only the brave dare dive for it.

Out of the lion comes honey, out of the black pot comes pap. Ladies, be vigilant, wise and careful of your so-called pastors who would advise you against your desire of marrying that brother. Church is also part of this problem. They make these girls wait too long.

Finally, some of y'all ladies are damn too ugly. Get a plastic surgery or something. Reduce those fats, trim those bulgy hands and change your wardrobe. Brothers like good things

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 02, 2013
ALL BULLSHYTTT. IF A LADY IS HOT ENOUGH, DOES NOT MATTER HOW BAD HER ATTITUDE IS OR HOW OLD SHE IS ( DIDNT HALLE BERRY AND JENNIFER ANNISTON GET MARRIED IN THEIR FORTIES ? ), SHE WILL ALWAYS FIND A MAN. YES I KNOW ITS UNFAIR BUT MEN ARE CARNAL BRUTE BEASTS. IF YOU ARE HOT, DOES NOT MATTER YOUR AGE, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET SUITORS. HOWEVER AFRICAN FOOD IS NOT GOOD ON A LADY SO MAYBE MANY AFRICAN LADIES AT 30 LOOK LIKE THE MICHELIN MAN HENCE WHY NO SUITORS grin grin grin HEY ITS A BRUTAL WORLD. YOU GOTTA SACRIFICE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT. YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL. DITCH THE AFRICAN FOOD AND TRY TAEBO, YOU MAY JUST GET A MAN AT 40 wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:18am On Mar 02, 2013
paris10:

I guess your "don't settle for less" means they shouldn't marry an average brother, instead you're insinuating they go for the ready-made brothers. There you have it...more reason why they will still be single until they reach menopause.

No one wants to endure and suffer with Chukwudi these days, everyone want Oga Festus who is a self-made millionaire. Oga Festus is no mugu and would only play and shop you. Oga Festus already has a family somewhere. Chukwudi is single, hardworking and not doing bad, stick with him and plan your life with him. Diamond isn't available on every street, and doesn't grow in a comfortable garden. It's right there in the bottom of the sea, dangerously hidden from you, and only the brave dare dive for it.

Out of the lion comes honey, out of the black pot comes pap. Ladies, be vigilant, wise and careful of your so-called pastors who would advise you against your desire of marrying that brother. Church is also part of this problem. They make these girls wait too long.

I really can't get my head round how people like you jump into this conclusion confidently?

Is it rocket science to ask her what she meant by "less"?

That is just shocking!
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kandiikane(m): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2013
Waiting for God to drop Mr "right" on their doorsteps. undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: ALL BULLSHYTTT. IF A LADY IS HOT ENOUGH, DOES NOT MATTER HOW BAD HER ATTITUDE IS OR HOW OLD SHE IS ( DIDNT HALLE BERRY AND JENNIFER ANNISTON GET MARRIED IN THEIR FORTIES ? ), SHE WILL ALWAYS FIND A MAN. YES I KNOW ITS UNFAIR BUT MEN ARE CARNAL BRUTE BEASTS. IF YOU ARE HOT, DOES NOT MATTER YOUR AGE, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET SUITORS. HOWEVER AFRICAN FOOD IS NOT GOOD ON A LADY SO MAYBE MANY AFRICAN LADIES AT 30 LOOK LIKE THE MICHELIN MAN HENCE WHY NO SUITORS grin grin grin HEY ITS A BRUTAL WORLD. YOU GOTTA SACRIFICE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT. YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL. DITCH THE AFRICAN FOOD AND TRY TAEBO, YOU MAY JUST GET A MAN AT 40 wink

Obviously.

But how many women are like Halle or even Tiwa Savage in their 30s. undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Obviously.

THATS WHY I TOLD THEM TO DITCH THE GBEGIRI AND OFE ONUGBU AND AMALA, BRUV grin grin grin THESE WOMEN GOTTA START CHOMPING ON CELERY AND CARROTS FOR LUNCH wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by xynerise: 12:25am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Obviously.

Nigerian Ladies love foods that contain excess calories.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kandiikane(m): 12:27am On Mar 02, 2013
*goes on knees*

I know this is very scarces these days but I pray God, let me find a good, caring, hardworking, doesn't settle for less, who would love me with all my bad habits, who is able to take care of me all night long, Godfearing, who is ready to build a solid foundation with me for our future family to be able to enjoy dreams unimaginable, very very very handsome man to call my husband or partner before I reach menopause 25.

Amen!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by paris10: 12:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

I really can't get my head round how people like you jump into this conclusion confidently?

Is it rocket science to ask her what she meant by "less"?

That is just shocking!

@sagamite, do you want me to say you should go back to school or something? I never asked her what she meant by "less" and neither did I jumped into any conclusion. My statement was an exaggeration used as a rhetorical device to evoke my strong feelings of the subject in order to create a strong impression of my opinion.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 02, 2013
xynerise:
Nigerian Ladies love foods that contain excess calories.
YEAH THATS WHY THEY LOOK LIKE SHREK IN THEIR THIRTIES grin grin grin OL SHREK LOOKING NIGERIAN BRAWDSSS LOOKING LIKE A LINEBACKER
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by xynerise: 12:31am On Mar 02, 2013
kandiikane: *goes on knees*

I know this is very scarces these days but I pray God, let me find a good, caring, hardworking, doesn't settle for less, who would love me with all my bad habits, who is able to take care of me all night long, Godfearing, who is ready to build a solid foundation with me for our future family to be able to enjoy dreams unimaginable, very very very handsome man to call my husband or partner before I reach menopause 25.

Amen!
Stop looking for a perfect man. angry
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 02, 2013
NIGERIAN WOMEN WHY YALL CANT EAT CELERY AND CARROTS FOR LUNCH ? undecided WHY YALL GOTTA EAT AKPU WITH SIX GOAT MEAT AND TWO STOCKFISH WASHED DOWN WITH GULDER undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bomly(f): 12:34am On Mar 02, 2013
@bolded, don't worry nbright try not get angry by insults or " referring to society" talks... My mama train me well.. So me na ice water... All the same, try ur possible best to leave my parent's out of it.

Okay thanks for being very reasonable ( one cup of ice cream for you smiley ), My apologies if you took it that I referred to your parents, I never did. I was just trying to say I do not think it's a world of one against the other. A man and a woman compliment themselves, one is not complete without the other in the context of reproducing and some other phenomenon in life, however in our today's society different thing happens and all this are factors of change. When people speak down on women it only means four thing to me;
1) Your father never appreciated your mother as a companion

2) You do not appreciate your sister, wife, cousin, niece , aunt as a part of your life

3) You have grown in a society where women are been dehumanize

4) You do not appreciate God effort in creating a woman

In regard to the post; Marriage is not a yardstick to the best of life and you don't have to put an age tag, this only gets more women confused and reduce their self esteemed mostly those whom have not been able to take a stand on what choices they should make, like I earlier post this is more of a personal issue.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 12:34am On Mar 02, 2013
FAT ! Real men are cacomorphobic nd seriously if u dnt want end up cheating on ur wife dnt get carried away by big boobs nd large butt is only cul for sight seeing. Alot of challenges comes with fat women they eat alot, get tired easily, not smart, diffcuilt to engage, slow, hardly contribute, boring not to mention sexual nd health issues

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:38am On Mar 02, 2013
paris10:
@sagamite, do you want me to say you should go back to school or something? I never asked her what she meant by "less" and neither did I jumped into any conclusion. My statement was an exaggeration used as a rhetorical device to evoke my strong feelings of the subject in order to create a strong impression of my opinion.

You could have made your statement completely independently without quoting her and still have the impact you intended. No need saying "you guess that is what she meant".

obadiah777: THATS WHY I TOLD THEM TO DITCH THE GBEGIRI AND OFE ONUGBU AND AMALA, BRUV grin grin grin THESE WOMEN GOTTA START CHOMPING ON CELERY AND CARROTS FOR LUNCH wink

I don't wish such suffering on anyone. grin

Abeg make them eat their gbegiri and ofe onugbu but in less quantity and be a bit more mobile. grin

Celery and carrots? Life of misery! grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 02, 2013
Nairarealman: FAT ! Real men are cacomorphobic nd seriously if u dnt want end up cheating on ur wife dnt get carried away by big boobs nd large butt is only cul for sight seeing. Alot of challenges comes with fat women they eat alot, get tired easily, not smart, diffcuilt to engage, slow, hardly contribute, boring not to mention sexual nd health issues
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT YOU A FAT WOMAN grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

You could have made your statement completely independently without quoting her and still have the impact you intended. No need saying "you guess that is what she meant".

I don't wish such suffering on anyone. grin

Abeg make them eat their gbegiri and ofe onugbu but in less quantity and be a bit more mobile. grin

Celery and carrots? Life of misery! grin grin grin
ITS AN ACQUIRED TASTE BRUV grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:43am On Mar 02, 2013
bomly:

Okay thanks for being very reasonable ( one cup of ice cream for you smiley ), My apologies if you took it that I referred to your parents, I never did. I was just trying to say I do not think it's a world of one against the other. A man and a woman compliment themselves, one is not complete without the other in the context of reproducing and some other phenomenon in life, however in our today's society different thing happens and all this are factors of change. When people speak down on women it only means four thing to me;
1) Your father never appreciated your mother as a companion

2) You do not appreciate your sister, wife, cousin, niece , aunt as a part of your life

3) You have grown in a society where women are been dehumanize

4) You do not appreciate God effort in creating a woman

In regard to the post; Marriage is not a yardstick to the best of life and you don't have to put an age tag, this only gets more women confused and reduce their self esteemed mostly those whom have not been able to take a stand on what choices they should make, like I earlier post this is more of a personal issue.

And there is nowhere in your thinking that said:

5) You grew up in an area where majority of women are badly behaved and have no manners?

Your opinions would hardly be respected if you cannot be objective, logical and unbias in you statements.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:44am On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: ITS AN ACQUIRED TASTE BRUV grin grin

I would stick with instant good taste in my bitter leaf soup. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 12:45am On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT YOU A FAT WOMAN grin grin
No but had d exp nd i pity d unlucky man that ends up ... mine is as tinny as Toke lolz 4 real nd is 8yrs nw no other aint missing a thing
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:46am On Mar 02, 2013
Nairarealman: FAT ! Real men are cacomorphobic nd seriously if u dnt want end up cheating on ur wife dnt get carried away by big boobs nd large butt is only cul for sight seeing. Alot of challenges comes with fat women they eat alot, get tired easily, not smart, diffcuilt to engage, slow, hardly contribute, boring not to mention sexual nd health issues

Really?

Just like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala?

Or Anne Widdecombe?

Or Diane Abbott?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by victorian(f): 12:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Guys pouring their hearts out... But come to think of it,how many men are marriageable, I mean in quote independent, caring, hardworking ( with real jobs o!... Not 419 , or yahoo or Ritualists or human parts dealers or even cultists....) then loyal.. But some expect girls , to go an extra mile on cosmetic surgeries , when we all know the dangers involved if not done adequately in a very good hospital. Do you know how much it will cost to travel abroad, air tickets, surgical bills to get the procedures done.. No be by mouth o... It involves huge money! So many girls have died thru cutting corners in looking extra bootylicious or big breasted.
Then some talk about cereals, to slim down? It's a good idea, but fresh fruits, vegetables and other foods that are less in calories, costs more than Garri and fufu.. High calories foods are affordable to buy in Nija, when her salary every month has already gallop Tfare, taking care of parents, siblings, clothings and feeding.
So when guys r saying that women av over inflated desires, that's why some r still single till 30yrs, I just shake my head.. A female frnd of mine has been dating her firstlovefor the past 15yrs, he was d one who disvirgined her, but at the end what did the bad luck guy do... He travelled abroad without telling her, leaving stranded here to the age of 33yrs old.. But thank God, our God never sleeps. She met another guy, who is like 36yrs...told him , her story with tears dripping from her eyes.. Well, They courted for 7months...then the guy proposed and married her, last two yrs ago. Now they have two baby boys.
They r happy and content. So all blames cannot be placed on the women... Like the saying goes,the heart of man is very wicked!...
Single ladies above 30s, don't worry ... Your own husband will locate you and no one can stop your proposed wedding dates.. Just be patient...don't be pressured .

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

I would stick with instant good taste in my bitter leaf soup. grin grin grin grin grin
YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO BRUV grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 02, 2013
Nairarealman: No but had d exp nd i pity d unlucky man that ends up ... mine is as tinny as Toke lolz 4 real nd is 8yrs nw no other aint missing a thing
grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kandiikane(m): 12:51am On Mar 02, 2013
xynerise:
Stop looking for a perfect man. angry

Why should I when I'm a perfect woman? tongue
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bomly(f): 12:51am On Mar 02, 2013
And there is nowhere in your thinking that said:

5) You grew up in an area where majority of women are badly behaved and have no manners?

Your opinions would hardly be respected if you cannot be objective, logical and unbias in you statements.

Gender is not a true predictor of Behaviour. Both male and female behave in bad and good ways depending on your views of what is bad and good.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:53am On Mar 02, 2013
bomly:

Gender is not a true predictor of Behaviour. Both male and female behave in bad and good ways depending on your views of what is bad and good.

Who said gender was a true [or even false] predictor of behaviour?

Where was it said?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:53am On Mar 02, 2013
I'll like to pitch my tent with what an elderly man once told me; if a lady is above 30 with no husband or is not already in a serious relationship then she should check her behaviour. And also if a man isn't married or in a serious relationship at the same age, he should get serious. Unfortunately, these traits are easily recognisable from some of the comments here!

We just need to re-align our values, carefully select our priorities and yes of course lead a realistic life.

I'm careful not to put blame on the family (parents) because 'pikin whey go spoil go spoil!!!'
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by xynerise: 12:54am On Mar 02, 2013
kandiikane:

Why should I when I'm a perfect woman? tongue
Alice in Wonderland tongue
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2013
Women=wahala. I will work and eat my money alone, I know how to cook,clean etc I don't need a wife. a Sex buddy at sometime will do it. BTW when you work you most likely don't need sex..
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kandiikane(m): 12:57am On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH THATS WHY THEY LOOK LIKE SHREK IN THEIR THIRTIES grin grin grin OL SHREK LOOKING NIGERIAN BRAWDSSS LOOKING LIKE A LINEBACKER

And what do you guys eat? I'm shocked that you don't realise at 25 you can tell what the average African man will look like at 40.

Signs at 25 for the average African male: A slightly protruding tummy(if I lie, ask sagamite), 2 folds at the back of the neck(if I like, check naeto c's neck in tony montana) and the pen!s an inch shorter(if I lie ask the african men on here over the age of 25. By 40 there will be nothing left, no wonder the women then indulge in food to get some kind of pleasure. African women nor sabi vib.rator).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Body Count Means Nothing. Her Body, Her Choice Respect It. / 7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Going To Be Rich / A Slay Queen Lists Out The Qualities She Wants In A Man. See The Reply She Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.