Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics (33739 Views)

Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Completed Kano Underpass / Kwankwaso Inspects Construction Of Kabuga Underpass Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by MadCow1: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2013
ba7man: The road that runs through the heart of the commercial nerve center of Nigeria should not be compared to any road in Akwa-Ibom. Its just the random population that use it i projected....Minus the goods and services to millions of people nationwide that pass through this road daily. Mention one road as important as the Ikorodu road or rest your case. Trust me, those Akwa-Ibom roads may look better but Ikorodu road is far more useful and important. So adding lights to it is a very good thing.

Bros, Na you talk say the road na busiest in Nigeria plus say 3 times (and more) the population of Akwa Ibom uses the road daily..

The onus is on you to prove your statement with facts and figures.. Example Statistics.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by dayo8080(m): 9:20am On Feb 27, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Niggerians celebrating street lighting by a governor that is taxing poor people to bits. Does nothing to help poor people. Kills local businesses. Mortgages all their future to foreigners. A Governor that deports poor Nigerians from Nigeria, instead of creating opportunities for them. And some one is saying that Niggerians should vote this man as president. I no fit laugh!!!!!
poverty is really affecting most of us that we dont even know the responsibilities of a political office holder any more. When the fund is always there for him to use, the only thing left is for him(fashola) to use his head and do the right thing and stop expecting unwarranted praises from Us. Simply because he didnt use his fathers money.

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by EasyArch(m): 9:22am On Feb 27, 2013
HNosegbe: Is it my eyes, or do those streetlight poles look a little too long?
It has to be long so dat it can Cover the Service lane as well.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 9:23am On Feb 27, 2013
Josh090: Am tired of all these people saying "have you ever travelled outside of SW", the story is the same EVERYWHERE!!!
All na wash! Especially this talk of calabar and uyo, why don't you talk of akwa ibom and cross river as a whole, then you'll understand that its really a case of 'the more you look the less you see'.

"The more you look, the less you see" abi? This is why i'll continue to ask blokes like you if you've actually left the boundaries of the SW and visited the aforementioned states and other region, 'cos you folks won't be spewing trash if you have done so.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by MadCow1: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2013
dayo8080:
poverty is really affecting most of us that we dont even know the responsibilities of a political office holder any more. When the fund is always there for him to use, the only thing left is for him(fashola) to use his head and do the right thing and stop expecting unwarranted praises from Us. Simply because he didnt use his fathers money.

When a people have been living in perpertual darkness for so long, the man who brings them a torchlight is king. Streetlights!! Uyo now operates with standard night driving aids. Even with no streetlights, a bildman can still drive around uyo.

He even commissioned streetlights!! lol.. #UNBELIEVABLE....

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by MadCow1: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2013
EasyArch:
It has to be long so dat it can Cover the Service lane as well.

WRONG!!!!

Its long so that the hands of Ndi OPC and Afenifere that vandalized and sold the former streetlights at Idumota market will not reach this one.

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 9:29am On Feb 27, 2013
Mad Cow:

When a people have been living in perpertual darkness for so long, the man who brings them a torchlight is king. Streetlights!! Uyo now operates with standard night driving aids. Even with no streetlights, a bildman can still drive around uyo.

He even commissioned streetlights!! lol.. #UNBELIEVABLE....

cheesy cheesy so true
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by seguno2: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2013
nnacent: Your statement is disgusting but unfortunately many share in your opinion. My question to u and your cohorts are these: 1.The Governnors dat do nothing in their states,what have u done to them. 2. could it be that u are an enemy of progress? 3. When there was no street lights there, where was ur voice.
finally my general advice to those who wud tink is rhis: Since we are almost helpless in the hands of useless leaders, lets try to encourage those who do the right thing.

Have you asked yourself why we have CHOSEN to be helpless
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2013
dayo8080: Why do we Nigerians unnecessarily applaud a political office holder for performing his/her responsibility. He use the public fund to execute the project which is the normal thing to do. Lagos generate revenue more than any other state. Am earning 84k and paying automatic tax of 10k. Imagine all other areas in which lagos generate from. Land use charge, etc if Fashola uses the funds well; he ought to be commissioning projects every day without advertising himself like what he just did.
You act as if you never knew what it was like in the 80's and 90's when our rulers didn't bother about the citizens and just relaxed and watched the country wallow in deceay. Governors/ A president now working or making an attempt to look busy is a new thing so let the people encourage them. At this rate, it will soon become the norm and we'll expect no-less from them. It can only get better. That is when the people can acheive the mind-set you speak about.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2013
Mad Cow:

Bros, Na you talk say the road na busiest in Nigeria plus say 3 times (and more) the population of Akwa Ibom uses the road daily..

The onus is on you to prove your statement with facts and figures.. Example Statistics.
O.K. I'm man enough to admit i exaggerated the figures but it carries approximately 700,000 commuters daily. That means it will serve the whole population of Akwa-Ibom in 5 days. O.K, over to you....Mention a road more important.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by MadCow1: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2013
ba7man: O.K. I'm man enough to admit i exaggerated the figures but it carries approximately 700,000 commuters daily. That means it will serve the whole population of Akwa-Ibom in 5 days. O.K, over to you....Mention a road more important.

[b]I dont know o!!

I hate talking without facts.. However, I am sure that is not the most important road in Nigeria..

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2013
People have been driving on that road for almost 2 decades in darkness and they suddenly see lights running for 7km on their 10Lane commute and you expect them to drive past as if its just monday night?? Of course you don't need a rocket scientist to tell you they'll be excited about it. Evidence of bad past Governments.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by dayo8080(m): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2013
ba7man: You act as if you never knew what it was like in the 80's and 90's when our rulers didn't bother about the citizens and just relaxed and watched the country wallow in deceay. Governors/ A president now working or making an attempt to look busy is a new thing so let the people encourage them. At this rate, it will soon become the norm and we'll expect no-less from them. It can only get better. That is when the people can acheive the mind-set you speak about.
i personaly like fashola, but he should use that time in commissioning the street light for something else and stop advertising himself. His actions are visible to us. If only we can deal with corruption like china did. We have the fund, but personnels are corrupt.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by dayo8080(m): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2013
ba7man: You act as if you never knew what it was like in the 80's and 90's when our rulers didn't bother about the citizens and just relaxed and watched the country wallow in deceay. Governors/ A president now working or making an attempt to look busy is a new thing so let the people encourage them. At this rate, it will soon become the norm and we'll expect no-less from them. It can only get better. That is when the people can acheive the mind-set you speak about.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by jmaine: 10:24am On Feb 27, 2013
ba7man: People have been driving on that road for almost 2 decades in darkness and they suddenly see lights running for 7km on their 10Lane commute and you expect them to drive past as if its just monday night?? Of course you don't need a rocket scientist to tell you they'll be excited about it. Evidence of bad past Governments.

Indicting who cheesy . . . . .
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 27, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Where is‎​ my CUTLASS?? Uduaghan needs to be beheaded!!!

Does Fash have 2 heads?? ...and his Head is‎​ FAR BIGGER than Fashola's Head!!!!

Why Always Fashola??

angry angry
Abeg oooo! I cant stop laughing...grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by dalhat14(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2013
DJTee:

Sentiments aside yet you are being so sentimental . . .
Are u a GEJ man
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2013
[b][/b]
jmaine:

[b]Indicting who[/ b] cheesy . . . . .
cheesy
cheesy cheesy....EVERYBODY!!!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Htown64(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Where is‎​ my CUTLASS?? Uduaghan needs to be beheaded!!!

Does Fash have 2 heads?? ...and his Head is‎​ FAR BIGGER than Fashola's Head!!!!

Why Always Fashola??

angry angry
The thing tire me sef! Common small the big head is not able to fix not to talk of a whole state. Just to tar from estate round about to the bridge close to venell is talking almost a year.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by pekelepekele(m): 10:58am On Feb 27, 2013
Akshow: Sentiment aside this man is what naija needs. If we can vote GEJ president without any antecedent as a governor, i think it will be foolhardy of us to not vote Fashola should he contest. Or is there any governor performin like this man?

Chai see mumu Nigerians you see ordinary street lights and you start speaking of voting him as a president?? choi I am really sorry for africa . The question is who told you those street lights won't stop working in a month time haven't we seen enough that have stopped working barely 20days after they lite it? Who told you had street lights at night is not your right?. Until I see an eagle eye view of Lagos at night and the Light in all houses in Lagos beautifies Lagos No kudos to this man He likes doing what the eyes can easily see . Imagine viewing street lights while driving home but knowing that you are going home to sleep in darkness that is just the torture of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by baysol: 11:34am On Feb 27, 2013
FineBro: WE GO CHOP STREET LIGHT?
sebi na una remove the street lights wey there before this one people that should be sent out of Lagos back to Biafra land. Idoti people must go back home from 2014.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by MadCow1: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2013
pekelepekele:

Chai see mumu Nigerians you see ordinary street lights and you start speaking of voting him as a president?? choi I am really sorry for africa . The question is who told you those street lights won't stop working in a month time haven't we seen enough that have stopped working barely 20days after they lite it? Who told you having street lights at night is not your right?. Until I see an eagle eye view of Lagos at night and the Light in all houses in Lagos beautifies Lagos No kudos to this man He likes doing what the eyes can easily see . Imagine viewing street lights while driving home but knowing that you are going home to sleep in darkness that is just the torture of the highest order

[size=30pt]Streetlights Powered by Generators o!! [/size]

I laugh in Congo!!

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by PointB: 11:45am On Feb 27, 2013
People who lived in darkness have seen a great light. cheesy grin

What more can I say? Congratulation for celebrating the wonders of street light in 21 Century!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by pekelepekele(m): 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
Mad Cow:

[size=30pt]Streetlights Powered by Generators o!! [/size]

I laugh in Congo!!

ABI MY BRODA I TIRE FOR NIGERIANS OO cheesy

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by calcal: 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
The man no pass for this street light with GENERATOR, the whole world are laughing at us! SUN full grand, why the guy no solar power the street light or someone has to present scientific research paper for that again and receive PhD for the presentation.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by farem: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
We need Chime of Enugu. We need him now! We need another Yar'adua. ChimeDUA for president!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by farem: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
koruji: Good. I encourage Chime to contest.
We really need to have good contest in Nigeria.
If Nigeria allows Mr. Transformation to get elected again after debating himself, we will have ourselves to blame.
GEJ is way in over his head, but that is because we have not learnt to set standards for who and who cannot become a Nigerian president - performancewise.
Let's raise the standard.

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by farem: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
We need Chime of Enugu. We need him now! We need another Yar'adua. ChimeDUA for president!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by lateef4me(m): 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
I bury my head in shame if it's true that a serving governor is commissioning streetlights as an laudable projects !!!

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by TonySpike: 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
chucky234: I just can't imagine how dumb people can be,you even carry your mumu go Yankee.
So what are the achievement Fashola has recorded that your poor governor in New Jersey has not done half of,my grandparents lived in Lagos,my own parents were born and bred in Lagos and I have lives all my 36 years in Lagos therefore I am in the best position to tell when Lagos is working and when its not.
Going by the colossal revenue Lagos generates monthly before the usual FG allocations I authoritatively say that Fashola has done nothing of note in the six whole years he has occupy our executive seat,the few circus development as claimed by his followers were in places like Ikeja,Victoria Island,Ikoyi,Surulere,Lekki-Ajah peninsula where the rich and you imagine why he has done absolutely for the poor who lives in deteriorating pitiable conditions in areas like Okoko,Ajangbadi,Iba,Egbeda,Mushin,Iyana Ipaja,Ajegunle,Satellite town,Ijora-Badia e.t.c.
In 2013 Lagosians still buy water for drinking and cooking yet we praise our dear governor for erecting a series of substandard streetlights that were used in Europe in the 80s in 2013 on a single road out of the over a thousand roads in the state,what happen to the other roads especially dangerous roads like the Badagry Expressway were robbers cause havoc at night daily.
We will talk about Fashola's achievement the first two things people are quick to mention are the BRT mass transport system as well as the on going construction works on Badagry Expressway,the BRT is not solely a Lagos state of Fashola's project as Lagosians are made to believe,it was done on PPP with private investors while Badagry road construction is being finance with loan from world bank which the FG is slated to pay back at a specified period.
Our leaders fails because of our attitude to things like things,only God knows how much was spent to erect those substandard streetlights which are not even close to what is obtaining in some estates in the Lekki-Ajah Peninsula let alone our dear Banana Island.
Why spend so much to give us nothing,when the Lagos airport was renovated and someone created a thread on the issue,I said it looked a supermarket going by 2013 and I was able to post pictures of Da vinci airport in Rome regarded as the poorest airport in the whole of Europe but its standard is way ahead of our best airports yet we spend billions yearly in the name of airport maintenance.
I don't think Fashola will use such outdated streetlights in his resident,then why give the public quantity while he uses quality.
As far as the living condition of poor Lagosians in Ajegunle,Okoko,Ajangbadi,Iba town,Mushin,Oshodi,Agege,Ipaja,Egbeda,Ijoro-badia,Amukoko,Orile,Coker and Onireke/Tedi are still in deteriorating condition then Fashola has done absolutely nothing in his six years in government.
I stand to be proved wrong.

Bros, do you know that this Ikorodu road belongs to the federal government? What stopped the Feds from putting up the lights for the past 20 years?
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by TonySpike: 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
chucky234: My brother the thing no tire you,we are 20 years behind the western world yet operates the most expensive government,what Lagos state generates and receives as allocation from FG on a monthly basis is enough to cover SA annual budget yet they are 15 years ahead of us in terms of infrastructural development and basic amenities.

Bros, this one na lie o...why don't you present your facts for us to see...
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
Tony Spike:

Bros, do you know that this Ikorodu road belongs to the federal government? What stopped the Feds from putting up the lights for the past 20 years?
True talk....or the Badagry Expressway and Oshodi-Apapa Expressway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks: Buhari, Osinbajo And Onyeama Meet On Way Forward (Photos) / Osun State Workers Protests Unpaid 5months Salaries (Pic) / Uche Nwosu Dumps APC For DPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.