Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics (33560 Views)

Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Completed Kano Underpass / Kwankwaso Inspects Construction Of Kabuga Underpass Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
FineBro: WE GO CHOP STREET LIGHT?
shut up! Is it not part of developing Lagos?
I m no Fashola loyalist, but the guy don try for Lagos. Come 2015, you & I ll know who to vote for.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
brf no promises, just delivery

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by jawjaw1: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
i am glad some of you in lagos are getting the effect I had when I first experienced street lights on the renovated Eric Moore road in Surulere. I unconsciously muttered 'God bless Fashola'.

Believe me when I say it, and I say it without any doubt in mind. Fashola's idea of a modern civilized city is beyond what any governor or serving political office holder in Nigeria now can equate.

Despite the small mistakes he makes from time to time, the man is miles ahead in thinking and delivering. I am from the East and I lived and worked in Lagos for over 8 years before I left the country so no bias intended.

10 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by coogar: 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2013
jaw jaw: i am glad some of you in lagos are getting the effect I had when I first experienced street lights on the renovated Eric Moore road in Surulere. I unconsciously muttered 'God bless Fashola'.

Believe me when I say it, and I say it without any doubt in mind. Fashola's idea of a modern civilized city is beyond what any governor or serving political office holder in Nigeria now can equate.

Despite the small mistakes he makes from time to time, the man is miles ahead in thinking and delivering. I am from the East and I lived and worked in Lagos for over 8 years before I left the country so no bias intended.

no human being is perfect so i don't really mind his small mistakes. we don't even mind if these politicians steal bits of money - but at least do something progressive as you steal. fashola is the model governor, i heard positive reviews about some eastern governors too and i hope this new breeze of change spreads throughout the country.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ypzilanti: 7:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
jaw jaw: i am glad some of you in lagos are getting the effect I had when I first experienced street lights on the renovated Eric Moore road in Surulere. I unconsciously muttered 'God bless Fashola'.

The highlighted is a fact. The man reminds me of Mayor Guliani of New York: rated low on likability, but rated very high on efficiency. New Yorkers complained about the guy's strong arm tactics, but always voted him back into office. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Orikinla(m): 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
We need street lights on Bode Thomas Street in Surulere.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by azzypandes(m): 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
He just ve to become the next nigeria presido, and this will be my vote as a citizen in nigeria ever since I was born. And by god grace my vote will not go astray
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by obi123: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
it is obvious that Fashola has a vision and just needs time
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by OkparaIgbo: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
Akshow: is it not the same enugu that four days ago made front page wit the news and pix of its public schools in shambles wit students under tree?

Yes it made frontpage because of some of the government secondary schools which have not received the much needed attention due to what I can only assumme to be lack of funds to touch every area necessary..Ooops seems Lagos state with all its allocations and internal generated revenues have the same/worse issues and what is it's excuse.. (http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/11/infrastructural-decay-in-lagos-schools/)and I'm surprised it is been brought up in a page celebrating just a finished street light as if the Governor was put there to light candles on the streets and not provide these basic infrastructures. In terms of other achievements as seen by the link I provided that has by the way gone over 100 pages all full with finished transformations in Enugu state, I join the call to all Nigerians to drop sentiment aside and VOTE Sullivan Chime 2015

4 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by obi123: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
Orikinla: We need street lights on Bode Thomas Street in Surulere.

not too worry the train of progress will pass by soon

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by kuss: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Please l want to know if glo bis is stil browsing on pc. I want to subscribe.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
DAMN!!! This is wonderful.
I am so happy I pay my tax in this state I swear, FACT!
Plz other Govs take note esp GEJ (Oshodi-Apapa exp.way has been crying for lights)

God Bless you BRF

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by GenOrumov: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Driving on our highways without streets lights has been hell. I remember during Eko 2012 games the lights were switched on throughout the competition but immediately the games ended, they suddenly went back off. I hope this stays forever and vandals don't tamper with it. Anybody that intentionally vandalizes it, vandalizes his/her her life. And please install cameras too. I was a victim of armed robbers last year.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Akshow: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
OkparaIgbo:

Yes it made frontpage because of some of the government secondary schools which have not received the much needed attention due to what I can only assumme to be lack of funds to touch every area necessary..Ooops seems Lagos state with all its allocations and internal generated revenues have the same/worse issues and what is it's excuse.. (http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/11/infrastructural-decay-in-lagos-schools/)and I'm surprised it is been brought up in a page celebrating just a finished street light as if the Governor was put there to light candles on the streets and not provide these basic infrastructures. In terms of other achievements as seen by the link I provided that has by the way gone over 100 pages all full with finished transformations in Enugu state, I join the call to all Nigerians to drop sentiment aside and VOTE Sullivan Chime 2015
HahaHaha hiding under one finger! That is exactly what you are tryin to do. You wanna compare this wit the eye sore we saw from public schools in enugu?
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by jmaine: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nice one Mr Fash . . . .The Yaba - Tejuosho axis will soon get lighted as well cos i noticed some street light poles yesterday night . . . . . .
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by KokoBeware: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nice one... our main problem is maintainance.....the guy in charge of maintaining it now will wait for all the bulbs to die before they change it...

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by expert1(m): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
rubbish... we want something new... media hype again...
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by OgbuefiNegro: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
OkparaIgbo: This is great work from Fashola on this project however people asking that we should all come together and vote him in as President based on this should also ask Nigerians to come together and vote Sullivan Chime for the transformation he has carried out in Enugu state with the meager allocation and tax generated when compared to Fashola.! Sullivan Chime for Presidency 2015 and I call on all Nigerians to show support to this honorable and trustworthy candidate. Pictures from this thread to buttress my point www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/

you see.....small time una go say people no like una, ehn. which one be chime for president? of all people in East, na this escape artist you fit bring forward. yeye!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
What kind of fucckery is this. I'm really shaking my head on the comments. These goes to show that yorubas don't know zilch about Nigeria.

For Gods sake there have been street light in other states for a long time. So, if we have to vote a governor for putting on street light Fashola we have to wait until after the likes of Chime, Imoke/Duke, Akpabio, etc. Lighting the street is good but the way you guy adore Fash over nothing is alarming.

10 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2013

Yes oooo, even if na street lights we see chop, e still better pass.
As they say, "At all, at all naim bad pas, cos na whinsh"

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by wengerjay(m): 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Kudos to Gov Fashola.This is a replica of Fiwasaye-oba adesida-oyemekun road in Akure,Ondo state.Gov Fashola must have been impressed with this street lighting when he came to Akure last year to campaign against Mimiko.Gov fashola 'photocopied' Mimiko's good work.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by AbrantieGH(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
I wonder where he got the electricity to light up the streets.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by OkparaIgbo: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
Akshow: HahaHaha hiding under one finger! That is exactly what you are tryin to do. You wanna compare this wit the eye sore we saw from public schools in enugu?

Hiding under one finger..? And what were you looking to achieve when you ignored over 100 pages of a man's achievement in the link I provided and started pointing at one government school's lack of infrastructure.. I ask you again to Ignore every sentiment and vote for Gov. Sullivan Chime for President 2015 and stop acting a comedian.. grin

Ogbuefi_Negro:

you see.....small time una go say people no like una, ehn. which one be chime for president? of all people in East, na this escape artist you fit bring forward. yeye!

And who cares if a Negro like you likes us or not..? Just in-case you don't know we have always detested and resented you guys..! And what is wrong with presenting Gov. Sullivan Chime for president after going through over 100 pages all filled with catalogs of his achievements and transformation of Enugu state

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
I believe Lagos can only get better if we continue to have this sort of leadership in that State....But having said that....For goodness sake, having street lights should be expected...its just common sense in a sane environment!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by jmaine: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
kenis: What kind of fucckery is this. I'm really shaking my head on the comments. These goes to show that yorubas don't know zilch about Nigeria.

For Gods sake there have been street light in other states for a long time. So, if we have to vote a governor for putting on street light Fashola we have to wait until after the likes of Chime, Imoke/Duke, Akpabio, etc. Lighting the street is good but the way you guy adore Fash over nothing is alarming.

Never mind bruv, what is good is good even though else where it's seen as nothing . . .Let's encourage such efforts from our leaders . . . .
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ceejay80s(m): 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
EvEN IF BABATUNDE FASHOLA CHOP GOVT MONEY, E NO GO PAIN ME BECOS WE SEE WETIN E TAKE THE MONEY DO FOR LAGOS, UNLIKE THOSE THIEVES WEY GO CHOP MONEY, PERCENTAGE CUT AND YET DEM NO GO DO ANYTHING
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by favinvest: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Am glad that my taxes is working in Lagos with BRF incharge but can't say same for GEJ
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by naptu2: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
baby_123: Now that there are street lights, can they install camera's? Also, can they advice drivers to now dim the lights of their cars. Na wa! The thing can almost cause accident.

Some cameras have been installed (eg Ilupeju junction).
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by GenOrumov: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
kenis: What kind of fucckery is this. I'm really shaking my head on the comments. These goes to show that yorubas don't know zilch about Nigeria.

This is not an ordinary highway but a 10 lane expressway and not a 2 lane road. I guess you haven't crashed your car into kerbs or haven't been robbed on a road just because the road isn't lit up.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by YoursGEJ(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2013

EWU
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
baby_123: Now that there are street lights, can they install camera's? Also, can they advice drivers to now dim the lights of their cars. Na wa! The thing can almost cause accident.

My Bro, cameras are already being installed and most of them are functioning very well.
if u look closely on the 3rd pic, that white structure in the shape of a cross is a multidimensional camera,