Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics (33542 Views)

Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Completed Kano Underpass / Kwankwaso Inspects Construction Of Kabuga Underpass Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by achu442(m): 2:58am On Feb 27, 2013
See excitment because of common street light.Then what will u say if u go to Akwa Ibom or Cross Rivers?....Mr Fashola...u tried bt up ur game...

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 2:59am On Feb 27, 2013
This is a 10 Lane expressway, lined with banks, Top companies, industries, estates etc located in the heart of Lagos. Stop comparing it with 4 lane roads in the middle of nowhere, servicing light traffic. After Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and Sagamu-Benin Expressway, I can't think of a more important road than this one in Nigeria. This is the most important road to receive streetlights in Nigeria.....If not the whole West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 27, 2013
please GEJ and SENator Bala shd try and emulate BRF. i dont know whats happenin to my beloved Abuja FCT. when El-Rufai was there, you cud breathe fresh air, the place was captivating and inspiring, UNIABUJA was working to some extent!! Lagos state Gorvernor has been commited to making LAG a beautiful and MEGA city. he has done well.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Dibiachukwu: 3:52am On Feb 27, 2013
Niggerians celebrating street lighting by a governor that is taxing poor people to bits. Does nothing to help poor people. Kills local businesses. Mortgages all their future to foreigners. A Governor that deports poor Nigerians from Nigeria, instead of creating opportunities for them. And some one is saying that Niggerians should vote this man as president. I no fit laugh!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by koruji(m): 4:17am On Feb 27, 2013
Good. I encourage Chime to contest.
We really need to have good contest in Nigeria.
If Nigeria allows Mr. Transformation to get elected again after debating himself, we will have ourselves to blame.
GEJ is way in over his head, but that is because we have not learnt to set standards for who and who cannot become a Nigerian president - performancewise.
Let's raise the standard.

OkparaIgbo: This is great work from Fashola on this project however people asking that we should all come together and vote him in as President based on this should also ask Nigerians to come together and vote Sullivan Chime for the transformation he has carried out in Enugu state with the meager allocation and tax generated when compared to Fashola.! Sullivan Chime for Presidency 2015 and I call on all Nigerians to show support to this honorable and trustworthy candidate. Pictures from this thread to buttress my point www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by kunyeo(m): 4:17am On Feb 27, 2013
FineBro: WE GO CHOP STREET LIGHT?
Absolutely,WE GO CHOP STREET LIGHT!

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by TriggerHappy: 5:45am On Feb 27, 2013
Red-Light:
hehehehehe shitface, atleast we have something to jubilate on ... not electricity depreciating tongue tongue

with small electrity u have people have before ...u baboons are still the ugliest

now that there is no electricity ...choiiii heat plus ugliness *i dont wana imagine what average gaynians will look like now* i may puke grin grin

i think its time to be my animals keeper ... lemme dash u the generator that i no longer use grin grin it seems u really need it cos too much banku, heat and ugliness don dey worry u grin grin sote u don dey miss road grin
Pathetic soul ur is da most useless on earth, worse than Somalia. cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Smooyis(m): 5:53am On Feb 27, 2013
This is a good development. Most movie producers would love this more! Kudos Fashola
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by politicalpastor: 6:06am On Feb 27, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Where is‎​ my CUTLASS?? Uduaghan needs to be beheaded!!!

Does Fash have 2 heads?? ...and his Head is‎​ FAR BIGGER than Fashola's Head!!!!

Why Always Fashola??

angry angry

UDUAGHA OF DELTA STATE IS NOT A GOVERNOR , HE IS A LOOTER JUST LIKE FOMER EDO GOVERNOR, LUCKY IGBINS. DELTA STATE NEEDS TO WAKE UP AS EDO PEOPLE WOKE ONE DAY AND SWEEP THE UMBRELLA AWAY WITH BROOM. I LOVE EDO STATE. UP A.C.N , OSHOMHOLE IN ACTION.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by shokayz(m): 6:10am On Feb 27, 2013
A very good art work. ;DA very good art work.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by sympathy55(m): 6:30am On Feb 27, 2013
hmmmm i pray o, cos that presidential seat is not an easy post in naija.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by seguno2: 6:34am On Feb 27, 2013
How low can we get in our expectation level from our public SERVANTS
A state governor is being praised to high heavens for REFURBISHING street lights on a stretch of some highway.
Interesting black people is what we are.

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by RedLight1: 6:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Trigger Happy:
Pathetic soul ur is da most useless on earth, worse than Somalia. cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
hehehehehe have made dis dirty chimp forgot how to speak english... I told u mof0s.. Nairaland is strictly 4 humans... Animals like u belong to zoo which is gayna and u are not wanted here... Now take my advice and run b4 i make u commit suicide grin grin

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by kalunomics(m): 6:46am On Feb 27, 2013
Jakumo: Future Nigerian President Fashola delivers one master-stroke of good leadersip after another. He talks the talk, and walks the walk better than any other Nigerian political figure, living or dead.

Vote for President Raji Fashola. Vote for advancement.
don't ever say that again! Go and read the history os Sam Mbakwe. Fashola's only maintaining already built lagos. Take him to borno, and nobody will notice this street lights.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by nnacent(m): 6:52am On Feb 27, 2013
seguno2: How low can we get in our expectation level from our public SERVANTS
A state governor is being praised to high heavens for REFURBISHING street lights on a stretch of some highway.
Interesting black people is what we are.
Your statement is disgusting but unfortunately many share in your opinion. My question to u and your cohorts are these: 1.The Governnors dat do nothing in their states,what have u done to them. 2. could it be that u are an enemy of progress? 3. When there was no street lights there, where was ur voice.
finally my general advice to those who wud tink is rhis: Since we are almost helpless in the hands of useless leaders, lets try to encourage those who do the right thing.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by nwawuweneonye: 6:57am On Feb 27, 2013
skyfall: This is very good. Imagine all our 36+1 governors thinking like Mr Fashola. Hmmmnn, I rest my case my lord.
I'm not from Cross river state though I reside here. Fashola not doubt is doiiing great but u need to visit Calabar to know that some state governors had done what he is doiiing right now though a few of them.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by born2boink(m): 7:01am On Feb 27, 2013
Fashola will not even go for president now because I do not think Nigerian want good things, we will manage him within the west zone of Lagos,Ogun,Ondo,Oyo,Ekiti and probably Kwara (provided they beg).....

Praying for fashola to become president is like doing the northern and the eastern favour because they don't want to develop and civilised , we just need to pull our head together within west zone and make him head of west Nigeria ,making other west zone be like Lagos, Northerners do not want development, all they want is old fashion sharia law and the delta are the one bombing government properties similar to boko haram but as for easterner,if cares not taking they will sell the whole country to the European,I swear because all they care is about money

Let's build our home and leave the rest with their killing and corruption
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by sayso: 7:06am On Feb 27, 2013
I hope they have a maintenance structure in place?

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 27, 2013
born2fuck: Fashola will not even go for president now because I do not think Nigerian want good things, we will manage him within the west zone of Lagos,Ogun,Ondo,Oyo,Ekiti and probably Kwara (provided they beg).....

Praying for fashola to become president is like doing the northern and the eastern favour because they don't want to develop and civilised , we just need to pull our head together within west zone and make him head of west Nigeria ,making other west zone be like Lagos, Northerners do not want development, all they want is old fashion sharia law and the delta are the one bombing government properties similar to boko haram but as for easterner,if cares not taking they will sell the whole country to the European,I swear because all they care is about money

Let's build our home and leave the rest with their killing and corruption
@born2fuck
How old are you born2fuck?
Your comments and posts are always packed up with foolery and stupidity.
Who even allowed you in2 nairaland?
People like you are d reason why nigeria might remain backward, except there comes a deliberate marshal plan to eliminate riff raffs like you from d earth's surface or confine you folks permanently at yaba left.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by born2boink(m): 7:19am On Feb 27, 2013
mobuch:
@born2fuck
People like you are d reason why nigeria might remain backward, except there comes a delibrate marshal plan to eliminate riff raffs like you.
I do not pray Nigerian backward, I want state by state development, am I the one bombing in the north or kidnapping for ritual in east? Why would I wish them backward, I believe peaceful state should be develop first before extending development to the bad areas
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by guvna(m): 7:20am On Feb 27, 2013
Well done Fashola, but abeg tell that man Tinubu. To light up Lekki Ajah express, with all the Toll money his company is receiving yet he consistently fails to do the right thing. Abeg his pocket is not more important than that of the safety of citizens (that are also paying for this service), its ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by luvinhubby(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2013
Commendable from Fashola.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Feedmemore(f): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2013
mobuch:
@born2fuck
People like you are d reason why nigeria might remain backward, [size=12pt]except there comes a deliberate marshal plan to eliminate riff raffs like you from d earth's surface[/size] or confine you folks permanently at yaba left.

The highlighted got me Roflmao! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy smiley

Marshal plan indeed!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by born2boink(m): 7:26am On Feb 27, 2013
Mobuch, I just view ur yeye profile, you are even in norway talking jagons. I siddon for nigeria rejecting visa,you run away boy have a gut to talk gilberish....shame on you. If everyone have been running away like you, I do not know who else will be left to govern these states and country,don't talk and quote my post anymore. The northerners are even better than the run away jury

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Jakumo(m): 7:27am On Feb 27, 2013
It really is fascinating and entertaining to read all the whimpering and moaning from Nairaland's professional complainers, whose stale chorus repeats over and over again that future Nigerian president Fashola should not be praised for improvements he has brought to Lagos state in his capacity as governor.

The complainers drone on and on about the recent installation of street lights not meeting up with their lofty expectations of how spectacular every infrastructural development project ought to be, in order to meet with their grudging, nose-in-the-air approval. The complainers go to all that wasted effort in a comical attempt to try and imply that their own level of urbane sophistication is such that nothing short of a magical overnight transformation of Lagos into Beverly Hills or Knightsbridge would meet with their approval.

Perhaps the complainers would prefer that all those miles of Lagos roads that are now lit up at night would have been better off left in the decades-old darkness favored by muggers, car-jackers and ritual murder kidnappers.

To all the professional complainers, may I humbly suggest they take up a more productive hobby such as stamp collecting, sand grain counting, or butt-crack tweezer hair-removal, to occupy their vacuous little minds and thus keep noise pollution levels down.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by chucky234(m): 7:33am On Feb 27, 2013
c.fours:

please STFU. I live in the USA so I can tell you what developed country looks like. I should be last person celebrating on this thread.
yet I'm still celebrating Fashola because I know he is a doer!!
you talk about the 60s and 70s but forget that we only achieved independence from Britain in 1960. Of course all the British structures were still brand new then. besides they are probably restricted to just a few places in downtown lagos and for the rich. How many people owned or drove cars in the 70s?

Fashola is doing great work even by USA standards because I know the governor in my state of New Jersey isn't doing half of what Fashola is doing. The job of politicians and leaders in developed countries is much smoother and easier. Most of them will not be able to do what fashola is doing in lagos, the largest city in Africa! they will give up and peg it on backwardness of Africans and run back to their country where things are easier to get done. Fashola is an intelligent man. He could easily move abroad and have a easy life there. but instead he chose to serve his country. let us give praise where praise is due, abeg.
I just can't imagine how dumb people can be,you even carry your mumu go Yankee.
So what are the achievement Fashola has recorded that your poor governor in New Jersey has not done half of,my grandparents lived in Lagos,my own parents were born and bred in Lagos and I have lives all my 36 years in Lagos therefore I am in the best position to tell when Lagos is working and when its not.
Going by the colossal revenue Lagos generates monthly before the usual FG allocations I authoritatively say that Fashola has done nothing of note in the six whole years he has occupy our executive seat,the few circus development as claimed by his followers were in places like Ikeja,Victoria Island,Ikoyi,Surulere,Lekki-Ajah peninsula where the rich and you imagine why he has done absolutely for the poor who lives in deteriorating pitiable conditions in areas like Okoko,Ajangbadi,Iba,Egbeda,Mushin,Iyana Ipaja,Ajegunle,Satellite town,Ijora-Badia e.t.c.
In 2013 Lagosians still buy water for drinking and cooking yet we praise our dear governor for erecting a series of substandard streetlights that were used in Europe in the 80s in 2013 on a single road out of the over a thousand roads in the state,what happen to the other roads especially dangerous roads like the Badagry Expressway were robbers cause havoc at night daily.
We will talk about Fashola's achievement the first two things people are quick to mention are the BRT mass transport system as well as the on going construction works on Badagry Expressway,the BRT is not solely a Lagos state of Fashola's project as Lagosians are made to believe,it was done on PPP with private investors while Badagry road construction is being finance with loan from world bank which the FG is slated to pay back at a specified period.
Our leaders fails because of our attitude to things like things,only God knows how much was spent to erect those substandard streetlights which are not even close to what is obtaining in some estates in the Lekki-Ajah Peninsula let alone our dear Banana Island.
Why spend so much to give us nothing,when the Lagos airport was renovated and someone created a thread on the issue,I said it looked a supermarket going by 2013 and I was able to post pictures of Da vinci airport in Rome regarded as the poorest airport in the whole of Europe but its standard is way ahead of our best airports yet we spend billions yearly in the name of airport maintenance.
I don't think Fashola will use such outdated streetlights in his resident,then why give the public quantity while he uses quality.
As far as the living condition of poor Lagosians in Ajegunle,Okoko,Ajangbadi,Iba town,Mushin,Oshodi,Agege,Ipaja,Egbeda,Ijoro-badia,Amukoko,Orile,Coker and Onireke/Tedi are still in deteriorating condition then Fashola has done absolutely nothing in his six years in government.
I stand to be proved wrong.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 7:33am On Feb 27, 2013
oddy4real: I am not saying Fashola is not trying but tooo much hype over every little thing he does. I see no reason why there should be so much hullabaloo over fixing of STREET LIGHTS. Things like dese are common place In places like Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Enugu but you would NEVER see their Governors rushing to their press at the slightest opportunity!

So true. Agreed, the street lights are commendable. But for the love of God, its just street lights!! So why the unnecessary hype over something already done in states like Enugu, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River (Calabar), and the FCT? As some posters have previously stated, you don't see the governors (and minister), ranting over this.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by born2boink(m): 7:34am On Feb 27, 2013
Fashola is the best governor Nigeria have produce since 1960, the Lord shall increase his greatness and his entire family will continue to know peace for his good work and servant of the nation unlike those who become boss to the nation......

Una never see anything, Train station Bridge and Electronic Cars coming to Lagos.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 7:39am On Feb 27, 2013
Abrantie GH: I wonder where he got the electricity to light up the streets.

I wonder what hole you crawled out from?
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by jmoore(m): 7:40am On Feb 27, 2013
celebration of streetlights only in Lagos state, streetlight ni baje.. grin grin
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Revolva(m): 7:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Yes a very good job bbas fash...this is what I want in oshodi apapa expressway especially...after the repairs
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by chucky234(m): 7:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Niggerians celebrating street lighting by a governor that is taxing poor people to bits. Does nothing to help poor people. Kills local businesses. Mortgages all their future to foreigners. A Governor that deports poor Nigerians from Nigeria, instead of creating opportunities for them. And some one is saying that Niggerians should vote this man as president. I no fit laugh!!!!!
People are just too gullible in this country,just two days back they were all calling Fashola names because of the pregnant woman that had miscarriage in KAI detention but today they wants him president simply because he erected subtandard streetlights on a single road out of the over one thousand roads in the state.
They even went as far as spending extra hundreds of millions of naira to invite dignitaries for the commissioning,the poor masses in Olodi,Ajegunle,Okoko,Ketu,Mushin,Onireke/Tedi,Ajangbadi,Agege,Iba Town,Ipaja,Egbeda,Amukoko,Orile, are yet to feel the impact of Fashola's six years in government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

GEJ Says The #bringbackgoodluck2015 Banners Should Be Brought Down / Saraki/presidency Cold War: Senators Avoid C’ttee Chairmanship / Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.