Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics (33543 Views)

Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Completed Kano Underpass / Kwankwaso Inspects Construction Of Kabuga Underpass Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Ajpharm(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
Is BRF the only governor in Nigeria? Why is it that anytime i see any developmental news on nairaland, Fashola is always involved. Lagosians are enjoying o.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by worldman(m): 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
Yes a proud yoruba man for u [elede] u don't even no were u come from
roxell120:
u must be a yoruba guy, no doubt, thats y im not touched by your reaction. from my observation, and history its your integral part to lie flat on the ground or prostrate for anyone u call a leader no matter his achievements gud or bad.that's y agbero or tauts are rampant around here cos they can easily be decieved wit peanut. what is the history of street lights in nigeria that I shd be so excited? its just a matter of time that project will be included on the history book of white elephant projects that gulped our scarce resources. rubbish.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by kelvincoll(m): 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
Akshow: stop reasonin like a baby. Na only street light Fashola de do? Abeg Google him achievement and i dare you to bring forth any present or past governor that has achieve more than this man. We are not shallow minded pls

A Baby? shocked, who's the one crying here for breastmilk? u probably should check back at my post and feed thy eyes

the thread was about streetlights which prompted your talk on Fash for President, I commended his efforts, however i know forsure that Uyo and Calabar boasts of more streetlightings besides abuja so which one be your own?

@Bolded, SMH......
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
Its only in Nigeria that having street lights is a privilege not a right... Yes Fashola is trying, but why are you people jubilating? 15% Lagosians are unemployed, so i ask again, why una dey jubilate? there are street lights on every single road in Abuja and you don't see us jubilating when another is erected.... Fashola should first get rid of the ghetto's in Lagos.... then I'll truly know he's working grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Willgates(m): 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wat sorta street lighting iz diz? N dy busy shoutng Eko anibaje[watever] dont u guys travel? Pls cm 2 Akwa ibom n c wat a 'beautiful city at night' looks lyk!

Earnestly if d next president shud b chosen via past records, Gov Godswill Akpabio shud b d number 1 contender! N/B: Lagos was already developed b4 fashola took over,unlike Akwa ibom. U cn start d journey 2Uyo even dis night n u'l b welcomed by d magnificent street lighting at d calabar-itu highway[though a federal road but constructed by Akpabio] just entering d heart of d city,u'l b amazed at dat of Idoro road. I bet such lighting system cnt b found elsewere in Nigeria! God bles gov Akpabio for making us proud. Amma b Akwa ibom til i die!

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
Somebody should tell fashola to work on Lagos security. These phone/bag and daylight petty robberries are as a result of insecurity.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Willgates(m): 11:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wat sorta street lighting iz diz? N dy busy shoutng Eko anibaje[watever] dont u guys travel? Pls cm 2 Akwa ibom n c wat a 'beautiful city at night' looks lyk!

Earnestly if d next president shud b chosen via past records, Gov Godswill Akpabio shud b d number 1 contender! N/B: Lagos was already developed b4 fashola took over,unlike Akwa ibom. U cn start d journey 2Uyo even dis night n u'l b welcomed by d magnificent street lighting at d calabar-itu highway[though a federal road but constructed by Akpabio] just entering d heart of d city,u'l b amazed at dat of Idoro road. I bet such lighting system cnt b found elsewere in Nigeria! God bles gov Akpabio for making us proud. Amma b Akwa ibom til i die!

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Stanley07(m): 12:02am On Feb 27, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Where is‎ my CUTLASS?? Uduaghan needs to be beheaded!!!

Does Fash have 2 heads?? ...and his Head is‎ FAR BIGGER than Fashola's Head!!!!

Why Always Fashola??

angry angry
I tink say na only me dat uduaghan dey provoke.full delta state need to flog am,i don tire for dat man
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by babapupa: 12:15am On Feb 27, 2013
ACM10:
Why is it that anytime Fashola does his routine job as a governor some people will start posting "Fashola for President"?

Should we celebrate and vote for people who are not doing their job and make them the president of Nigeria like you people saddled us with the miserableness and incompetent clown in Aso Rock?

Why don't you people keep quiet for a change?

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ACM10: 12:32am On Feb 27, 2013
babapupa:

Should we celebrate and vote for people who are not doing their job and make them the president of Nigeria like you people saddled us with the miserableness and incompetent clown in Aso Rock?

Why don't you people keep quiet for a change?
If streetlight is one of the criteria for becoming our president, then Goodluck rightly deserves to be at Aso rock. Seriously, Govs. Chime, Amaechi, Akpabio, and even Peter Obi, Martin Elechi, Orji had erected streetlights without it hitting the frontpage of NL.

You must be confined to only Lagos if you think that it is only Fashola that is working. Some other governors are outperforming Fashola with little or no funfare. Chime erected streetlights for all the major roads in Enugu without commissioning them. Why must Fashola continue to flaunt his meagre achievement?

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by stepone(m): 12:40am On Feb 27, 2013
gustdableman: apkabio is far far better than fashola, go to akwaibom and see what is called road network, you wont identify local road and federal road, the longest road with street light is akwaibom, you are in lagos saying fasholas is workinG.

Sorry, I don't bother reading the whole comment of urs b4 this response. 1. When u talk of road network, can akwaibom settlement be compared to Lagos settlement? No!!!

2. How many cars, trucks, lorries and buses ply that road? Can it be compared to numbers of vehicles plying Lagos roads? No!!!

3. I know u can't compare both population! So no need asking u question on that.

Do u know how many time Lagos road is been maintained in a year? For ur info. Lagos state (not even Fashola's tenure) has always maintain, rebuild and build new roads quarterly in a year. So u shouldn't compare roads in akwaibom with well functioning roads in Lagos.

On streetlights, he removed all and replace new streetlights (including poles) in Lagos state. Not just one era of development fixed to area like Enugu, akwaibom Gov did in d past/present. Do u think was easy for Fash, bringing back d dilapidated lagos to its present state of success?

I bet u, only lagos thugs and Danfo drivers will frustrate ur Govs out of office, not even d population. grin
gustdableman: apkabio is far far better than fashola, go to akwaibom and see what is called road network, you wont identify local road and federal road, the longest road with street light is akwaibom, you are in lagos saying fasholas is workinG.

Sorry, I don't bother reading the whole comment of urs b4 this response. 1. When u talk of road network, can akwaibom settlement be compared to Lagos settlement? No!!!

2. How many cars, trucks, lorries and buses ply that road? Can it be compared to numbers of vehicles plying Lagos roads? No!!!

3. I know u can't compare both population! So no need asking u question on that.

Do u know how many time Lagos road is been maintained in a year? For ur info. Lagos state (not even Fashola's tenure) has always maintain, rebuild and build new roads quarterly in a year. So u shouldn't compare roads in akwaibom with well functioning roads in Lagos.

On streetlights, he removed all and replace new streetlights (including poles) in Lagos state. Not just one era of development fixed to area like Enugu, akwaibom Gov did in d past/present. Do u think was easy for Fash, bringing back d dilapidated lagos to its present state of success?

I bet u, only lagos thugs and Danfo drivers will frustrate ur Govs out of office, not even d population.

4 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by AbrantieGH(m): 12:42am On Feb 27, 2013
Na street light be fuel for my generator? cheesy
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by streetsoldier1(m): 12:43am On Feb 27, 2013
wengerjay: Kudos to Gov Fashola.This is a replica of Fiwasaye-oba adesida-oyemekun road in Akure,Ondo state.Gov Fashola must have been impressed with this street lighting when he came to Akure last year to campaign against Mimiko.Gov fashola 'photocopied' Mimiko's good work.

Na God go squeeze,that ur mouth for bringing that scammer called mimiko into this, those street lights were erected by Agagu, mimiko demolished them and re-install same set of street lights,all na scam,, I was in akure for 8yrs and I knnow whatz up
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by stepone(m): 12:50am On Feb 27, 2013
Abrantie GH: How does street lights affect the price of G in the market

Do u mean d price of G.un? U most be investigated by Anti-BH preferably JTF.

Note: it reduces d price of G, to enhance security...
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by babapupa: 12:52am On Feb 27, 2013
ACM10:
If streetlight is one of the criteria for becoming our president, then Goodluck rightly deserves to be at Aso rock. Seriously, Govs. Chime, Amaechi, Akpabio, and even Peter Obi, Martin Elechi, Orji had erected streetlights without it hitting the frontpage of NL.

You must be confined to only Lagos if you think that it is only Fashola that is working. Some other governors are outperforming Fashola with little or no funfare. Chime erected streetlights for all the major roads in Enugu without commissioning them. Why must Fashola continue to flaunt his meagre achievement?

Save this garbage for your co illiterate villagers...
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by cfours: 1:15am On Feb 27, 2013
Some may say that street light is "nothing" but in the African context and especially, Nigeria, it is an achievement. let's be honest with ourselves. we should give praise where praise is due. Things are harder to achieve in Africa and everyone knows that. Even the best construction company building street lights all over USA will come to Nigeria and be dumbfounded because it's just harder to get things done in a less developed country. So please, let us keep encouraging our governor because I know he is working hard and it shows!!!

also, for some of the igbo folks on here are talking trash about how things are "better" in Enugu or Abia. Talk is cheap and at the end of the day, they are all flocking to Lagos and other parts of SW. It is migration pattern that is usually the main evidence/determinant of development. So if Enugu was so developed as you say, they why are you still all flocking to Lagos? Please change your bitter attitudes and celebrate progress with us. no reason to be bitter. why should good thing be paining you? I've seen the Engugu thread and folks there celebrate little things as construction worker holding a shovel. so why are you mad that we are celebrating street lights? At least we have completed pictures to show for it. not just minor constructions.

EKO O NI BAJE!!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by emmatok(m): 1:15am On Feb 27, 2013
I'm glad you recognised that the call for Gov. Fashola to be voted president based on street lights is a call of st.upidity.! As for holding Gov. Chime responsible, I see absolutely no need for that as he handed over accordingly and all the ongoing works he left kept progressing even in his absence and the apparatus on grounds in Enugu state kept on it's optimum function.

Hypocrisy.
So Fashola don't deserve the to President because he built ordinary street lights, but your Chime that disappeared for months without informing Enugu peeps about his health is clean.

Where is you LOGIC, or is it the usual politics and Tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by cfours: 1:18am On Feb 27, 2013
^ Don't mind that enemy of progress
see as he is trying to hijack the thread with his spam posts. this thread is about Lagos. not Enugu. that fool needs to STFU and go create a separate thread for his agenda.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 27, 2013
Congratulation to our future president (Fashola) for a job well done!

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by TriggerHappy: 1:19am On Feb 27, 2013
U want to be luv by Nigerians? Phucking simple Jux erect phucking street lights grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by lastpage: 1:20am On Feb 27, 2013
No need for all these bashing of each other.
In the 70's, l can swear that not only major roads like Ikorodu road but inner STREETS, ..have "working street lights" and we had those big-headed, sculptured metallic things that dispensed "clean, portable water" at every street junction (Public Taps).
There was almost 24/7 power supply and the roads were clean and well laid-out!

Thus, people like me might not be that ecstatic when a second term Governor of lagos (of all places!) erects street light on Ikorodu road! I will be judging him by those standards.

Now, for those who came to lagos "late" (either by virtue of age or relocation) ....and the Lagos you met on ground was the one of 1980's and beyond, please rejoice,jubilate and roll of the floor like you just won the lottery. Fashola is surely making a positive impact.

I cant blame those shouting "Eko o'ni baje" or Fashola for President .....they've never seen or have it so good before now. THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE!!
Moreso when you look at the abysmal level to which "governance" has descended to!

..And for people like me who "just smile + winks" and wonder whether this is another "contiri-of-the-blind", judging by the level of orgasmic-euphoria being dispalyed ....try and appreciate where we are coming from.

Nothing to vex over, nothing to insult each other over.
Let Fashola keep trying his "best", but as a matured man who has lived in this same Lagos in the 60's and 70's, l am sure in his heart of hearts, he knows that He aint even started....when it comes to giving the people what they deserve.
To whom much is (has been) given,....very much more is expected.

it all depends on whom you are 'rating' him against ....
Against mediocres like "governor" Alao Akala (Soyoyo! shocked ) or say OGD Gbenga Daniel ....You know he is light years ahead.
Against "Governors" from "saner climes" ......hmmmm, l no go talk bad thing! grin grin

We'll get there little by little.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 27, 2013
U want to be luv by Nigerians? Phucking simple Jux erect phucking street lights grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

Perhaps he should build a N4 billion 'first lady mission house', dont you think?
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by TriggerHappy: 1:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Red-Light:
another baboon frm a country that produced the largest number of ugliest blackmen animals in world... Why dnt u dispute my points instead of showing the stupidity that gaynians are knwn for? Must u people show ur stupidity all the time? I thot people get tired of being stupidd sumtimes oppps sorry i forgot animals are programmed to be stupidd and dumb... Run along with ur fellow banku eatin scumbag boy.. Lemme see me ur banku head behind u cheesy grin ... U dnt what my time grin grin
Son of a STRAY DOG stop bitchinggggg n stop jubilating over street lights. grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin u r ranting cuz u know deep u r a fooooooooool.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by cfours: 1:28am On Feb 27, 2013
lastpage: No need for all these bashing of each other.
In the 70's, l can swear that not only major roads like Ikorodu road but inner STREETS, ..have "working street lights" and we had those big-headed, sculptured metallic things that dispensed "clean, portable water" at every street junction (Public Taps).
There was almost 24/7 power supply and the roads were clean and well laid-out!

Thus, people like me might not be that ecstatic when a second term Governor of lagos (of all places!) erects street light on Ikorodu road! I will be judging him by those standards.

Now, for those who came to lagos "late" (either by virtue of age or relocation) ....and the Lagos you met on ground was the one of 1980's and beyond, please rejoice,jubilate and roll of the floor like you just won the lottery. Fashola is surely making a positive impact.

I cant blame those shouting "Eko o'ni baje" or Fashola for President .....they've never seen or have it so good before now. THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE!!
Moreso when you look at the abysmal level to which "governance" has descended to!

..And for people like me who "just smile + winks" and wonder whether this is another "contiri-of-the-blind", judging by the level of orgasmic-euphoria being dispalyed ....try and appreciate where we are coming from.

Nothing to vex over, nothing to insult each other over.
Let Fashola keep trying his "best", but as a matured man who has lived in this same Lagos in the 60's and 70's, l am sure in his heart of hearts, he knows that He aint even started....when it comes to giving the people what they deserve.
To whom much is (has been) given,....very much more is expected.

it all depends on whom you are 'rating' him against ....
Against mediocres like "governor" Alao Akala (Soyoyo! shocked ) or say OGD Gbenga Daniel ....You know he is light years ahead.
Against "Governors" from "saner climes" ......hmmmm, l no go talk bad thing! grin grin

We'll get there little by little.

Lastpage!

please STFU. I live in the USA so I can tell you what developed country looks like. I should be last person celebrating on this thread.
yet I'm still celebrating Fashola because I know he is a doer!!
you talk about the 60s and 70s but forget that we only achieved independence from Britain in 1960. Of course all the British structures were still brand new then. besides they are probably restricted to just a few places in downtown lagos and for the rich. How many people owned or drove cars in the 70s?

Fashola is doing great work even by USA standards because I know the governor in my state of New Jersey isn't doing half of what Fashola is doing. The job of politicians and leaders in developed countries is much smoother and easier. Most of them will not be able to do what fashola is doing in lagos, the largest city in Africa! they will give up and peg it on backwardness of Africans and run back to their country where things are easier to get done. Fashola is an intelligent man. He could easily move abroad and have a easy life there. but instead he chose to serve his country. let us give praise where praise is due, abeg.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by babapupa: 1:43am On Feb 27, 2013
c.fours:

Some may say that street light is "nothing" but in the African context and especially, Nigeria, it is an achievement. let's be honest with ourselves. we should give praise where praise is due. Things are harder to achieve in Africa and everyone knows that. Even the best construction company building street lights all over USA will come to Nigeria and be dumbfounded because it's just harder to get things done in a less developed country. So please, let us keep encouraging our governor because I know he is working hard and it shows!!!

also, for some of the igbo folks on here are talking trash about how things are "better" in Enugu or Abia. Talk is cheap and at the end of the day, they are all flocking to Lagos and other parts of SW. It is migration pattern that is usually the main evidence/determinant of development. So if Enugu was so developed as you say, they why are you still all flocking to Lagos? Please change your bitter attitudes and celebrate progress with us. no reason to be bitter. why should good thing be paining you? I've seen the Engugu thread and folks there celebrate little things as construction worker holding a shovel. so why are you mad that we are celebrating street lights? At least we have completed pictures to show for it. not just minor constructions.

EKO O NI BAJE!!

Excellent post...

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Venchy: 1:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Eko oni Baje oo, O baje ti.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by babapupa: 1:46am On Feb 27, 2013
c.fours:

please STFU. I live in the USA so I can tell you what developed country looks like. I should be last person celebrating on this thread.
yet I'm still celebrating Fashola because I know he is a doer!!
you talk about the 70s but forget that we only achieved independence from Britain in 60s. Of course all the British structures were still brand new then. besides they are probably restricted to just a few places in downtown lagos and for the rich. How many people owned or drove cars in the 70s?

Fashola is doing great work even by USA standards because I know the governor in my state of New Jersey isn't doing half of what Fashola is doing. America is pretty developed so the work of politicians and leaders in American is much smoother and easier. Most of them will not be able to do what fashola is doing in lagos, the largest city in Africa! they will give up and peg it on backwardness of Africans. Most of the Ameicans aren't doing business in Africa for the same reason. it's hard to work with the people and the society. Fashola is an intelligent man. He could easily move abroad and have a easy life there. but instead he chose to serve his country. let us give praise where praise is due, abeg.

Learn to ignore any poster with silly grin like this grin grin. They are mostly clowns and trolls and they let you know this every time they post with that dumb grin..

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by cfours: 1:53am On Feb 27, 2013
^ LOL cheesy
Duly noted
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Andyforte: 2:02am On Feb 27, 2013
Enough of this celebrationof mediocrity.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 2:20am On Feb 27, 2013
Illuminating the distance of 7km of a TEN-LANE Expressway that is the most important road in Lagos is worth being happy about after its being in darkness for well over a decade. You might need to drive through that location to really understand what people are getting excited about. This is a 10 lane road that used to be lined with piles of garbage but today, its complete with a BRT corridor, Landscaping, sidewalks and streetlights. This is the MOST IMPORTANT Intra State road in Nigeria ATM, take it or leave it.

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by RedLight1: 2:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Trigger Happy:
Son of a STRAY DOG stop bitchinggggg n stop jubilating over street lights. grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin u r ranting cuz u know deep u r a fooooooooool.
hehehehehe shitface, atleast we have something to jubilate on ... not electricity depreciating tongue tongue

with small electrity u have people have before ...u baboons are still the ugliest

now that there is no electricity ...choiiii heat plus ugliness *i dont wana imagine what average gaynians will look like now* i may puke grin grin

i think its time to be my animals keeper ... lemme dash u the generator that i no longer use grin grin it seems u really need it cos too much banku, heat and ugliness don dey worry u grin grin sote u don dey miss road grin

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by pareto(m): 2:54am On Feb 27, 2013
Let's maintain to sustain this project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See Buhari's Score's On Buharimeter / Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity / CAN Fumes Over Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.