Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily (14975 Views)

We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC / Ladipo Traders On Rampage / Fashola Earmarks N100b For Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by asha80(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
ba7man: You guys keep saying you will leave but have you attempted it?? No!!!. Why?? because the State with the largest purchasing power is Lagos so you have to be close to your customers. If you leave, thousands will gladly fill the void you leave behind. Coscharis's buildings would have being paid for before he relocates and all the shops you guys will leave behind. Shopping complexes will be constructed and the only difference is that its different Nationalities that will own them this time. Gone will be the days of traders chasing and harassing you to patronize them in the streets (Since that's your idea of being competitive)
i am simply replying to what you said you are one of those waiting in the wings for igbos to leave lagos to cash in on there absence to replace whatever services they were rendering and i am saying you do not have to wait for that if you are truely a competetive business man.shoprite did not have to wait for that to happen before setting up their outlets in lagos,ilorin and even in enugu where the igbos are majority.to think that shoprite is also setting up another mall in onitsha of all places shows you that with your 'modern techniques' you can still break in.in business you capitalize on the loopholes of your competitor to market yourself and break into the market.abc transport did that in when they started services by introducing ac into their buses,leave terminals at a specific time,intoduced meals during travels when other transport operators where doing non of the things i wrote about.years later others have copied those concepts but there are still others who have not.so my guy if those igbo boys chasing you to buy there goods is annoying you so much capitlize on that loophole to lauch yourself into biz.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by djon78(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
ba7man: The Igbos are resourceful but you overestimate their importance. There are millions of people (Nigerians in diaspora/fresh investors) in line waiting to take over whatever positions you leave behind, me included. They'll give whatever business you guys were into a far more modern approach. Your absence will only provide opportunities for fresh investors that you swamped out before.....Leave and watch it happen. You think its by the Igbo's presence that has made Lagos top destination in Nigeria for the past 100years?? Its by the accomodating nature of its citizens.

Hahaha I laugh in Swahili my friend never you look down on the importance of Igbo buisness men in Lagos which people contribute the highest revenue to Lagos sea port? It is still these Igbo men, which people move large chunk of money for commerce in Lagos?... Diaspora my foot and of those Nigerians in diaspora huge portion of them are still Igbos distinguished. In their professions in science and technology

You will understand when the drama begins to unfold.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by djon78(m): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
ba7man: You guys keep saying you will leave but have you attempted it?? No!!!. Why?? because the State with the largest purchasing power is Lagos so you have to be close to your customers. If you leave, thousands will gladly fill the void you leave behind. Coscharis's buildings would have being paid for before he relocates and all the shops you guys will leave behind. Shopping complexes will be constructed and the only difference is that its different Nationalities that will own them this time. Gone will be the days of traders chasing and harassing you to patronize them in the streets (Since that's your idea of being competitive)

The main thing that you don't have a grasp of economy and its concept, markets in Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi people come from all across the country and other parts of Africa, if many more markets are down east people will still come to these markets. And mind you with industrilisation you produce your goods and export it to different markets even in oyibo countries. Why do you think you see Asians like chinesen indians in huge numbers in Nigerian, Across Africa and around the gloibe? They are simply taking their products and services to different markets around the globe, likewise Igbos who are the most migratory race in Nigeria will now take their goods around Africa and the globe, so Lagos will not be their destination again. I remeber sometime last year or there about robert mugabe was thanking Igbo buisness men for the role they played and conribution in stimulating commerce in Zimbabwe during all these times of economic crash of Zimbabwe, they helped in minimising the harsh economic effect on Zimbabweans, this is someone that appreciated the value Igbo business men added to his country.

Mind you why am so optimistic about the drama that will unfold is for more than 40 years Nigeria has been depending mainly on revenue from oil but there is a big need for diversification because there is a gradual shift from oil to renewable source of energy and this US Nigerias biggest buyer of her crude oil has reduced their purchase of Nigerias oil by 50 percent so there will no more be free oil money to spend it will now be strictly on how productive they are, that is when the moment of truth will dawn on this country and then we will differentiate btw those who were busy wasting the nations resources, who have never been productive, who have been depending on government patronage and free handouts and those who have been toiling through hard work and their own sweat not government patronage and were productive.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
djon78:

Let me break it down:

Lagos has very little land mass and it is already overpopulated. With steady electricity heavy industrialisation will rise up within the country and the East will have a large chunk of industries spring up because Igbos play a major role in the economy of Nigeria because of they are the heartbeat of commerce in Nigeria. As industrialisation takes up Lagos with less land mass and over population will not be a conducive environment for the industries that will spring up therefore the Igbos who are primarily commerce driven will have no other option than to set up those Industries back in the East,Lagos is the only place that attracts the Igbos in the south west so Lagos with less land mass and over population will now be unfavourable and unattractive for these Igbo build industries so the only option left is to relocate these industries home in the east which has enough land space to accomodate industries.

A clear example I will use to compare Lagos was Hongkong during the economic rise of China to global economic power. Hongkong is an Island with less land mass but what it had was a very strong global financial centre, after new york, london, you have hongkong, tokyo, singapore and top global finacial centres. Hongkong did not have the land mass but it had financial might so it played an important role in setting up industries in mainland China which led to the growth and emergence of China as a global economic power. But Lagos cannot be compared to hongkong because though it is a financial centre in the west african region it does not possess a huge financial might, the stock exchange in Lagos is bellow par and other financial institutions economic might are not up there.

These Igbo men doing commerce in Lagos have economic potential but they have not yet realised it but their economic potential will play a massive role in industrialisation down east, but they have not realised it yet. When el rufai sometime last year in his weekly colunm on thisday was analysing Nigerias economy it was the real sector that had the largest chunk in Nigerias GDP and these real sector is comprised of commerce, Importatn etc. It is the amount of importation done by Igbo traders into Lagos port that is the highest contributor in the revenue that incurs to that port, if you think is a lie consult the custom and they will tell you the same thing. Sometime early this when CBN were analsying the money in circulation they stated that 90 percent of money in circulation in the country are in these places Lagos, Abuja, port harcourt, Kano, Onitsha and Aba, Onitsha and Aba are predominatly Igbos there while in other places mentioned a substantial portion of money in circulation is still in the hands of these Igbo men because many of them are in all these cities mentioned doing buisness.

That's why I stated that all these closing of markets is a blessing in disguise because it will make theseIgbo buisness men to wake up from sleep, open their eyes and channel the huge resources they have hhomeward not investing it in and help develop other lands, While at the same time receive insults.

They should learn from the jews. The jews are very smart, industrious and well organised, they control almost half of the global economy, that's why the jewish political group AIPAAC is the most powerful lobby group in Washington and they play a key role in determining politics in US. The Igbos are very industrious with a strong economic might if they pool their resources together and become wiser in Nigeria but when I look they have these potential but they have not realised it that's why I am in favour of all these adversity being unleashed on them from some parts of Nigeria because it will make them open their eyes wella.

You really dont expect me to read this whole diatribe, do you?

I asked two straight forward questions so I could understand what you meant, all you had to do was gimme two straightforward answers. Im not gonna read your novel.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 7lives: 2:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
shymexx: If they actually make N100billion daily in that market, they should be paying at least N10billion daily in taxes to the Lagos State Government... In a sane country, that would have been the right thing to do - however, everything in Nigeria is so tribalised that countries exist within a country... Yet, everyone questions why the country is so backward...

You make N100billion daily in that dump-site without paying the right taxes, yet you can fix the darn place up... However, when the authorities closed the dump-site down for causing health hazards and a nuisance to the environment - everyone from the tribe of those affected was ranting about tribalism smmfdh...

This is a serious socioeconomic issue which should not be tribalized, other tibes are also doing business at Ladipo market, so let the parties involved in the issues sit down and come up with a workable solution for the good of all.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by geeez: 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
BRF should demolish the entire market without wasting one second and ensure there are standards for auto parts vendors and also standard diagnostic and car repair centers. We can do it and let them go and set up the junkyard in their backward backyard. I'll like to see educated sales men and women and also auto vendors with websites where you can order car parts online and even get them delivered with guarantees on them and not the gang of criminals and ritualists currently gathered at Ladipo

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by djon78(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
EMMAUGOH: ,,What u wrote is well said and Understood..Let Goodluck Jonathan,,at least Finish Anambra port terminal for us.....We will Congratulate Him in a every Big Way...Come to Nnewi in Anambra state,u will see How Motocycle and it spare part is been Offloaded and distributed,sold to Costumers around africa..Nown i see why Inoson decided to leave his Motorcompany at his Hometown..If our Brother will understand The Power of Unity and settlement,then they would understand what they can do and what they are made of.....Imagine popular A-Z oil is produced mostly at east and transported to othere part of Nigeria,Imagine coscharis of the whole world withdraws from Lagos,imagine Emma Bishop withdraws from Lagos,so many of them,Imagine all new and Toyota part dealer goes down to South East.Imagine Ogbuawa 100 containers that comes in Almost 6 months through Lagos terminal,goes to Onitsha terminal......I dont think Lagosians has anything to be proud Of..Unless what Igbos has manage to create for them....

My brother you are on point I am from that Nnewi axis, i grew up there did my primary/secondary there did part of my uni in the east b4 going abroad to study more so I know this people personally. Nnewi people have always believed in setting up their buisness at home and they have produced some excelent buisnessmen this country has ever know and what I liked about them is that they started from nothing, no governmwnt patronage to beconme big buisness moguls someone like innoson I knew when he was just an ordinary buisness man in the 90's to today having a car manufacturing plant in umudim nnewi or is it cletus ibeto( omekannaya) a man who from nothing today is among the big players in cement industry, or is it chika( A_Z oil) and others the unique thing I admire about these men was that they got to where they are not by government patronage but simply by their sweat and business acumen not someone you tell me he is a billionaire because he was patronised by goverment or by frolicking with those in power, they are the ones you will call real billionaiures just like people like bill gates, warren buffet, mittal, steve jobs(rip), mack zuckberg, micheal dell etc who became world renowned billionaires simply by their initiative, sweat and God given creativity

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by seanet01: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
geeez: BRF should demolish the entire market without wasting one second and ensure there are standards for auto parts vendors and also standard diagnostic and car repair centers. We can do it and let them go and set up the junkyard in their backward backyard
Geez, where the hell have you been?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by geeez: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
seanet01: Geez, where the hell have you been?

I've been around my brother. Your quote was my second post on this thread
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by seanet01: 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
geeez:

I've been around my brother. Your quote was my second post on this thread
Nice bros
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by djon78(m): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=kingoflag]

You really dont expect me to read this whole diatribe, do you?

I asked two straight forward questions so I could understand what you meant, all you had to do was gimme two straightforward answers. Im not gonna read your novel.[/quote

If you cannot read these then I have nothin in common with you, knowledge is power they say and there is no way to acquire knowledge by reading and I am one that hunger for more knowldge everyday to improve my self everyday, I am one that hunger for us to have one black country in the world where it can be said this is indeed a prosperous, developed nation being run by blacks and it will only come by sound, uncorrupted knowledge. so if you can't read that few paragraph then we have nothin to talk about again, cos I don't waste my time on people whom my level of reasoning with them is not at par.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ba7man(m): 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2013
@Djohn78 and Asha 80. The trader seeks the market, the market never seeks the trader. You are all in Lagos because it gives you access to a high level of patronage. What's the point importing all those containers when there's a reduction in the people that will purchase it?? When you finally relocate East, they'll be an over-concentration of traders and less people purchasing it. Your new customers will be from the S.E, S.S and maybe Cameroon but don't expect westerners and West-Africans to by-pass Lagos ports to go do business in the East.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
ba7man: @Djohn78 and Asha 80. The trader seeks the market, the market never seeks the trader. You are all in Lagos because it gives you access to a high level of patronage. What's the point importing all those containers when there's a reduction in the people that will purchase it?? When you finally relocate East, they'll be an over-concentration of traders and less people purchasing it. Your new customers will be from the S.E, S.S and maybe Cameroon but don't expect westerners and West-Africans to by-pass Lagos ports to go do business in the East.

Dude you may be wrong, it all depends on packaging. Ask Iya Basira why there is always a long queue at her restaurant located in a hidden corner while there is no queue at Iya Sikira's place located at that busy junction.

Bottom line, 'Afia oma na ere onwe ya' meaning a good product markets itself. That may not always be the case though grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ba7man(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Dude you may be wrong, it all depends on packaging. Ask Iya Basira why there is always a long queue at her restaurant located in a hidden corner while there is no queue at Iya Sikira's place located at that busy junction.

Bottom line, 'Afia oma na ere onwe ya' meaning a good product markets itself. That may not always be the case though grin grin
The corner might be hidden.....but its accessible to many, that's why they flood there. Business relationship and quality of goods can also make people seek you out. But your business will always have a higher level of patronage in a highly populated area.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by djon78(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
geeez: BRF should demolish the entire market without wasting one second and ensure there are standards for auto parts vendors and also standard diagnostic and car repair centers. We can do it and let them go and set up the junkyard in their backward backyard. I'll like to see educated sales men and women and also auto vendors with websites where you can order car parts online and even get them delivered with guarantees on them and not the gang of criminals and ritualists currently gathered at Ladipo

And who told you there are not international standard auto centres in Lagos I can count more than 7 and 5 in lekki axis. Mercedes has, there is germine auto centre owned by one Imo state man, Coscharis has one with latest german tech and like 4 more I don't know there name but from experience their cost is excessievely high demanding like 1 to 2 mill as total to do range rover
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ba7man(m): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
djon78:

And who told you there are not international standard auto centres in Lagos I can count more than 7 and 5 in lekki axis. Mercedes has, there is germine auto centre owned by one Imo state man, Coscharis has one with latest german tech and like 4 more I don't know there name but from experience their cost is excessievely high demanding like 1 to 2 mill as total to do range rover
We need more of them. They can afford to charge exhorbitant prices b'cos there is currently not enough competition. The more there are, the more they'll be forced to lower their costs to remain competitive. Being honest with ourselves, we can't keep trading in the rowdy, haphazard fashion that markets like Ladipo thrive on, we have to improve things. This is year 2013 not 1989.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by babapupa: 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Mr. Intellectual what is your suggestion/ideas ?
close the danm market right? don't allow sentiment to cloud your sense of judgement.I would have ignored this campaign of pictures you have been doing since this issue started if you are eko ilo.

Do you know Lagos state Govt appointed environmental sanitation agency call lawma who does collect money monthly from the traders without doing sanitation?

CLEAN UP your place of business. How hard is it to say, OK, we'll clean up?

And you are lying about LAWMA taking their money and not providing services. LAWMA is a garbage disposal agency and it is not their job to clean up your place of business, you clean up and they show up to pick whatever trash you want disposed off.

1. Keep your lace of business clean

2. Don't dump trash in the canals

3. No thuggery and dangerous weapons

4. Obey local and state laws.

SIMPLE....

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
geeez: BRF should demolish the entire market without wasting one second and ensure there are standards for auto parts vendors and also standard diagnostic and car repair centers. We can do it and let them go and set up the junkyard in their backward backyard. I'll like to see educated sales men and women and also auto vendors with websites where you can order car parts online and even get them delivered with guarantees on them and not the gang of criminals and ritualists currently gathered at Ladipo
,u love good things,but u dont know how to create them because is not in your blood at all,YOU WANT YOUR STATE TO B LIKE THAT OF OYIBO,BUT YOU ARE LAZY AND FULL OF TRICKERY....
mind you the Highest Brand new motor dealer(BMW.FoRD.BENZ) in Lagos and in the whole westAfrica is Coscharis,Only and Igbo man has that Initiative to come up with the ideal of those images you post....
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
ba7man: @Djohn78 and Asha 80. The trader seeks the market, the market never seeks the trader. You are all in Lagos because it gives you access to a high level of patronage. What's the point importing all those containers when there's a reduction in the people that will purchase it?? When you finally relocate East, they'll be an over-concentration of traders and less people purchasing it. Your new customers will be from the S.E, S.S and maybe Cameroon but don't expect westerners and West-Africans to by-pass Lagos ports to go do business in the East.
,Not As you think Bro,Even people from Cameroun,niger,cote voire all travel all down to Nnewi,To buy Motocycle spare part,so why wont they come down there ...
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
djon78: If you cannot read these then I have nothin in common with you, knowledge is power they say and there is no way to acquire knowledge by reading and I am one that hunger for more knowldge everyday to improve my self everyday, I am one that hunger for us to have one black country in the world where it can be said this is indeed a prosperous, developed nation being run by blacks and it will only come by sound, uncorrupted knowledge. so if you can't read that few paragraph then we have nothin to talk about again, cos I don't waste my time on people whom my level of reasoning with them is not at par.

Youre probably right. maybe we dont have nothing in common. Knowledge is power, true, but did you think to yourself that maybe I dont want to seek it from you or in the way which you attempt to provide it? Answer 2 simple questions instead of giving me an unnecessary epistle and maybe you'll find that we do have somethings in common. Like you said though, I doubt that very much.

P.S: On you statement about someone not being "at par" with your "reasoning level": It doesnt take a Boones and Mills Novel to answer something that only needed a "Yes" or "Now" statement, Personally, I think it takes subpar reasoning to make a 10 minute speech when a single, one-word answer would have sufficed.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Saladin1: 7:51am On Mar 04, 2013
alj harem: If closure of market can generate such ethnic sentiment from Igbo people then truely we cannot coexist together angry angry angry

Not that anyone was hurt or died, no OPC, no thug no tax, Just closure of market and see them shouting how yorubas hate them angry angry angry angry. All you tribalist can go to hell
[/color][color=#000099]
Na today u sabi say igbos like money pass there life, they prefer the Hausa treatment to living in a sane environment. Kudos to Fashola for making them realise there responsibility towards there environment. EKO O NI BAJE
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 04, 2013
Saladin1: [/color][color=#000099]
Na today u sabi say igbos like money pass there life, they prefer the Hausa treatment to living in a sane environment. Kudos to Fashola for making them realise there responsibility towards there environment. EKO O NI BAJE
,,Gorverment of Lagos state could not do thier work and u are expecting the trader to carry dirty with thier teet and trow way,where?.Is not the fault of the traders,they are doing thier work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oba Obateru Akinruntan Hijacks Election Materials In Ondo / Buhari Never Made 100 Days Promise To Nigerians – Keyamo / Why Buhari Is Yet To Reshuffle Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.