Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily (14982 Views)

We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC / Ladipo Traders On Rampage / Fashola Earmarks N100b For Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by reporter1: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
alj harem: This was Alj harem's comment 2012 January on Closure of hausa and yoruba dominated trading market in Anambra

Alj --don't bother yourself proving anything to these Ibos. They whine and shout tribalism at every opportunity.
If they can't adhere to the laws of Lagos, then they need to vamoose to the land of erosion.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
kingoflag:

I do not know! I do not know! I do not know!

Ive never ran across an OPC member or a Fulani cattle rearer toting dangerous weapons. If you know where they are, report them to the cops and have them arrested and paraded like the imported mercenaries we're discussing and watch me criticize them too. For now, all Im talking about is what I see in the papers.

And you have never seen OPC members brandishing and even using deadly weapons in the papers? Or Fulani herdsmen making use of their bows and arrows?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
manny4life:

Nginwa mechinkene onu gi. Go back and dig further, a place was provided for them.

You know the truth, and we know the truth... Everyone knows the truth. You defended Obi, don't let Amadiaoha strike you, when last have u defended anything Igbo? Biko save you Igbo patriotism and give it to ndi yoruba that will be needing it...shioor.

isi amu ! Which place was provided for them I ask again. Newspaper print or what, mention the area because I went to Anambra during that period.

Patriotism or not, what is fair is fair. So defending Obi at that period was having A FORESIGHT and seeing a bigger picture which MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T SEE

Education is not by big grammar or how analytical you are. It is about applying what you have learnt to real issues which majority of you don't have.

How can a closure of a market be seen from an ethnic angle. Only by Ndi igbo most especially the nwokes
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
reporter?:

Alj --don't bother yourself proving anything to these Ibos. [size=18pt]They whine and shout tribalism at every opportunity. [/size]
If they can't adhere to the laws of Lagos, then they need to vamoose to the land of erosion.

I see that as well angry
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
A year ago, yorubas and hausas complaining of tribalism by Anambra state government. This is alj harem trying to explain to them that CLOSURE OF A MARKET BY A STATE IS NOT ETHNICALLY MOTIVATED

https://www.nairaland.com/851798/tension-onitsha-over-ejection-yoruba/5]

https://www.nairaland.com/855214/hausa-yoruba-traders-ejection-not
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
If the government want to beautify his/her state then any right thinking citizen should allow them and ask them for solutions to the impending problem of income instead of BLACKMAILING the governor and the Indigenes of the state to an ethnic ransom.

It should not be allowed neither should it be tolerated. That is domestic terrorism and should not be give space to have a strong foot.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
alj harem: If the government want to beautify his/her state then any right thinking citizen should allow them and ask them for solutions to the impending problem of income instead of BLACKMAILING the governor and the Indigenes of the state to an ethnic ransom.

It should not be allowed neither should it be tolerated. That is domestic terrorism and should not be give space to have a strong foot.

Did Obi treat any of the Yoruba or Hausa men as criminals?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by manny4life(m): 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
alj harem:

isi amu ! Which place was provided for them I ask again. Newspaper print or what, mention the area because I went to Anambra during that period.

Patriotism or not, what is fair is fair. So defending Obi at that period was having A FORESIGHT and seeing a bigger picture which MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T SEE

Education is not by big grammar or how analytical you are. It is about applying what you have learnt to real issues which majority of you don't have.

How can a closure of a market be seen from an ethnic angle. Only by Ndi igbo most especially the nwokes

Alj_Harem, e nelu m'anya, meye onu gi kpom isi amu?

nama...ekpenta na umunne gbagbuo gi ebe ahu, atulu enwegho onye nche...

Bia alj, a kpozina'm iyi ozo, ngiwa choje mu...no kwalu onwe gi, kwanyelu onwe gi ugwu.

Ko diba, mu na gi enwegho okwu...
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Did Obi treat any of the Yoruba or Hausa men as criminals?

And did you see Arewa Youth or OPC in the market ? Like how bakassi boys are involved ?

Be OBJECTIVE FOR ONCE AND REMOVE THE TRIBAL LENS FROM YOUR EYES.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
manny4life:

Alj_Harem, e nelu m'anya, meye onu gi kpom isi amu?

nama...ekpenta na umunne gbagbuo gi ebe ahu, atulu enwegho onye nche...

Bia alj, a kpozina'm iyi ozo, ngiwa choje mu...no kwalu onwe gi, kwanyelu onwe gi ugwu.

Ko diba, mu na gi enwegho okwu...

You see all this insults are just a complete waste of time. Yes I called you isi amu because you are not thinking right for the past few days. Go chill off and come back again. You use to impress me with your OBJECTIVE thinking before but it seems like of recent, you have allowed likes of PointB and co to change your mentality.

Each time you are in Lagos, Go to Ladipo market and talk to the "Igbo" traders there about the filth.

Not only that, ask an average Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba person about Fashola and get a wider propective because it seems like Nairaland is blinding you
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:12am On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem:

And did you see Arewa Youth or OPC in the market ? Like how bakassi boys are involved ?

How do you identify Bakassi boys?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 12:18am On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

How do you identify Bakassi boys?

It does not take a an expect on bakassi boys to deduces who they are or WHAT they represent.

Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman, Chief Superintendent of Police, said the suspects would be charged to court soon for the law to take its due course.

“They initially dared us by showing us their charms and we are also aware that they have weapons. We are going to charge them to court,” he said.
Chairman of Mushin Local Government, Olatunde Adepintan had told the taskforce that criminals and suspected members of Bakassi Boys were living inside the market.

Sulaiman said the suspects, allegedly armed with weapons, dared the police to enter the market before they were arrested inside the Aguiyi Ironsi Spare Parts Market, a section of the market.
P.M.NEWS learnt that the taskforce officials forced the massive gate to the market open as it was shut from inside by the suspected hoodlums.

The police, however, called for reinforcement as they got wind that the suspects were armed with guns and dangerous weapons.

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aljharem(m): 12:26am On Mar 01, 2013
Now here is my solution that I think should work

1. Fashola should either do 2 things, reduce the tax on ladipo and enforce they clean it up themselves with their presonal money or INCREASE the tax on ladipo but ensure that HIS men do the cleaning. I think the latter is a better solution because all risk and issues have been transferred to the LASG.

2. Every shop owner should register with LASG and mention the amount of people that would be helping him in his sales. This is for logistics and it would help the government to estimate the amount of money and labour needed for the job.

3. The traders to ensure that anyone caught littering the area is made to pay a fine and clean up.

Any sensible person should discuss
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

And you have never seen OPC members brandishing and even using deadly weapons in the papers? Or Fulani herdsmen making use of their bows and arrows?

I do not get to read a lot of Nigerian papers, so no.... actually, yes, once I seen in the papers alleged OPC members rioting carrying dane guns and brandishing machetes and cudgels and all kindsa crazy weapons.

Ok, I gotta ask you though, what has that got to do with the present situation? Are you saying even though the dudes were being a menace to society and were caught with dangerous, unauthorized weapons, they shouldnt have been arrested because they are Igbo? Or youre requiring my assistance in seeking out and apprehending criminals of other ethnicities because I honestly dont get what your point is.

You problem is you clearly cant see beyond tribe and thats a horrible trait to have. Whats right is right, and whats wrong is wrong, try to always have that outlook on life.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by djon78(m): 12:48am On Mar 01, 2013
I think this is a very big wake up call to all Igbos in general to start thinking homeward and less of Lagos. Anyway I know that only time will tell, that with time there won't be much flocking to Lagos by our people.

What most folks don't understand is that with steady electricity in the country Lagos will see less of Igbo people cos staedy electricity will give rise to industrialisation and because Lagos has small land mass and over populated there won't be much land for industries that will be springing up
in Lagos so most of the industries will be located down east.

So let Igbos not worry I think this closure is a blessing in disguise, it will make the traders begin to look out for other options and alternatives we can't keep on developing peoples land and in the end all we get is insult and ungratitude, our people should wake up and shine their eyes wella

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Dibiachukwu: 1:14am On Mar 01, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

and all these people you mentioned pay tax, right? if they pay tax in measure of their income, then i will say go and invite all your brothers from north to relocate to west. we have children who need scholarship, we need to setup elderly facilities and welness care for our senior citizens, ......in exchange for the land and security your tax should be funding the social programs.
So make we start to dey train mad people ikwa. Anyi ana zu ndi ara undecided And tomorrow you will call us criminals even when you see our businesses.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Dibiachukwu: 1:39am On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem:

why, because it does not want to tolerate a dirty environment ?

When Peter Obi closed the Onitsha market where hausas and yorubas use the most, did it generate this much sentiment ? What reason did he give ? Is it not the same thing Fashola is doing ?

Why would you keep trying to advance the east and expect the West to remain the same ? Same thing happened when Okada was banned
Do you forget the fact that government collects a levy from them for cleaning this same environment. Anyway when you chase Igbos out by creating an unfriendly business environment, I hope the foreigners treat you better. You don't see what is happening in lagos?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by EkoIle1: 2:06am On Mar 01, 2013
djon78: I think this is a very big wake up call to all Igbos in general to start thinking homeward and less of Lagos. Anyway I know that only time will tell, that with time there won't be much flocking to Lagos by our people.

What most folks don't understand is that with steady electricity in the country Lagos will see less of Igbo people cos staedy electricity will give rise to industrialisation and because Lagos has small land mass and over populated there won't be much land for industries that will be springing up

So let Igbos not worry I think this closure is a blessing in disguise, it will make the traders begin to look out for other options and alternatives we can't keep on developing peoples land and in the end all we get is insult and ungratitude, our people should wake up and shine their eyes wella

all this essay, tory and wahala over what? isn't just keeping your place of business a better option. abi how hard is it to clean up,.obey the law and go on about your business? even after moving, are you still not going to keep your place cleaned and obey their laws abi this is something they don't do in dirty and lawless ibo land?

you people sabi think and do things backward sha.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by manny4life(m): 2:12am On Mar 01, 2013
djon78: I think this is a very big wake up call to all Igbos in general to start thinking homeward and less of Lagos. Anyway I know that only time will tell, that with time there won't be much flocking to Lagos by our people.

So let Igbos not worry I think this closure is a blessing in disguise, it will make the traders begin to look out for other options and alternatives [/b]we can't keep on developing peoples land and in the end all we get is insult and ungratitude, our people should wake up and shine their eyes wella

The bold is why I said Fashola should pursue all of them from Lagos, we need these trader to start thinking home. Our people say [b]"Agha akaraka adighi eri ngworo"
, the signs are everywhere, it's time for a greater realization. The SE has been in serious neglect, and now electricity is coming online with electricity with full capacity - Geometric Aba and Egbema in Owerri and another in Anambra, I see no reason why they can't go home and establish.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by joeyfire(m): 5:02am On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem:

It does not take a an expect on bakassi boys to deduces who they are or WHAT they represent.

Crap ! This is an excerpt from the news article -

Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman, Chief Superintendent of Police, said the suspects would be charged to court soon for the law to take its due course.

“They initially dared us by showing us their charms...
Chairman of Mushin Local Government, Olatunde Adepintan had told the taskforce that criminals and suspected members of Bakassi Boys were living inside the market"

So because olatunde adepintan says they are bakassi then it means they are?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 01, 2013

What most folks don't understand is that with steady electricity in the country Lagos will see less of Igbo peopl[/b]e cos staedy electricity will give rise to industrialisation and [b] because Lagos has small land mass and over populated there won't be much land for industries that will be springing up

Your post doesnt make sense. You talked out of both sides of your mouth.

1. Are Igbos gonna remain in Lagos or are they gonna move back to the East?

2.Are there gonna be industries in Lagos or they gonna be located in the East?

Articulate better so we can get the point youre trying to make. I get a feeling you know the "truth", but your pride wont let you tell it.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ba7man(m): 7:23am On Mar 01, 2013
If they truely make N100 billion in a day, they should be the ones closing Fashola's Govt down.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by blessedchosen: 8:24am On Mar 01, 2013
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Mathew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2013
blessedchosen: John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Mathew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
,nwa god talk to them most are UNbelievers.....
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Malawian(m): 10:23am On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Bros, just go to google search bar, type in YORUBAS ARE

You'd be surprised what google will tell you cool
nwannem, don't you understand sarcasm?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Malawian(m): 10:36am On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem:

it is because there is no fear that igbos will loot their stalls during the night.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by djon78(m): 11:12am On Mar 01, 2013
kingoflag:

Your post doesnt make sense. You talked out of both sides of your mouth.

1. Are Igbos gonna remain in Lagos or are they gonna move back to the East?

2.Are there gonna be industries in Lagos or they gonna be located in the East?

Articulate better so we can get the point youre trying to make. I get a feeling you know the "truth", but your pride wont let you tell it.

Let me break it down:

Lagos has very little land mass and it is already overpopulated. With steady electricity heavy industrialisation will rise up within the country and the East will have a large chunk of industries spring up because Igbos play a major role in the economy of Nigeria because of they are the heartbeat of commerce in Nigeria. As industrialisation takes up Lagos with less land mass and over population will not be a conducive environment for the industries that will spring up therefore the Igbos who are primarily commerce driven will have no other option than to set up those Industries back in the East,Lagos is the only place that attracts the Igbos in the south west so Lagos with less land mass and over population will now be unfavourable and unattractive for these Igbo build industries so the only option left is to relocate these industries home in the east which has enough land space to accomodate industries.

A clear example I will use to compare Lagos was Hongkong during the economic rise of China to global economic power. Hongkong is an Island with less land mass but what it had was a very strong global financial centre, after new york, london, you have hongkong, tokyo, singapore and top global finacial centres. Hongkong did not have the land mass but it had financial might so it played an important role in setting up industries in mainland China which led to the growth and emergence of China as a global economic power. But Lagos cannot be compared to hongkong because though it is a financial centre in the west african region it does not possess a huge financial might, the stock exchange in Lagos is bellow par and other financial institutions economic might are not up there.

These Igbo men doing commerce in Lagos have economic potential but they have not yet realised it but their economic potential will play a massive role in industrialisation down east, but they have not realised it yet. When el rufai sometime last year in his weekly colunm on thisday was analysing Nigerias economy it was the real sector that had the largest chunk in Nigerias GDP and these real sector is comprised of commerce, Importatn etc. It is the amount of importation done by Igbo traders into Lagos port that is the highest contributor in the revenue that incurs to that port, if you think is a lie consult the custom and they will tell you the same thing. Sometime early this when CBN were analsying the money in circulation they stated that 90 percent of money in circulation in the country are in these places Lagos, Abuja, port harcourt, Kano, Onitsha and Aba, Onitsha and Aba are predominatly Igbos there while in other places mentioned a substantial portion of money in circulation is still in the hands of these Igbo men because many of them are in all these cities mentioned doing buisness.

That's why I stated that all these closing of markets is a blessing in disguise because it will make theseIgbo buisness men to wake up from sleep, open their eyes and channel the huge resources they have hhomeward not investing it in and help develop other lands, While at the same time receive insults.

They should learn from the jews. The jews are very smart, industrious and well organised, they control almost half of the global economy, that's why the jewish political group AIPAAC is the most powerful lobby group in Washington and they play a key role in determining politics in US. The Igbos are very industrious with a strong economic might if they pool their resources together and become wiser in Nigeria but when I look they have these potential but they have not realised it that's why I am in favour of all these adversity being unleashed on them from some parts of Nigeria because it will make them open their eyes wella.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
djon78:

Let me break it down:

Lagos has very little land mass and it is already overpopulated. With steady electricity heavy industrialisation will rise up within the country and the East will have a large chunk of industries spring up because Igbos play a major role in the economy of Nigeria because of they are the heartbeat of commerce in Nigeria. As industrialisation takes up Lagos with less land mass and over population will not be a conducive environment for the industries that will spring up therefore the Igbos who are primarily commerce driven will have no other option than to set up those Industries back in the East,Lagos is the only place that attracts the Igbos in the south west so Lagos with less land mass and over population will now be unfavourable and unattractive for these Igbo build industries so the only option left is to relocate these industries home in the east which has enough land space to accomodate industries.

A clear example I will use to compare Lagos was Hongkong during the economic rise of China to global economic power. Hongkong is an Island with less land mass but what it had was a very strong global financial centre, after new york, london, you have hongkong, tokyo, singapore and top global finacial centres. Hongkong did not have the land mass but it had financial might so it played an important role in setting up industries in mainland China which led to the growth and emergence of China as a global economic power. But Lagos cannot be compared to hongkong because though it is a financial centre in the west african region it does not possess a huge financial might, the stock exchange in Lagos is bellow par and other financial institutions economic might are not up there.

These Igbo men doing commerce in Lagos have economic potential but they have not yet realised it but their economic potential will play a massive role in industrialisation down east, but they have not realised it yet. When el rufai sometime last year in his weekly colunm on thisday was analysing Nigerias economy it was the real sector that had the largest chunk in Nigerias GDP and these real sector is comprised of commerce, Importatn etc. It is the amount of importation done by Igbo traders into Lagos port that is the highest contributor in the revenue that incurs to that port, if you think is a lie consult the custom and they will tell you the same thing. Sometime early this when CBN were analsying the money in circulation they stated that 90 percent of money in circulation in the country are in these places Lagos, Abuja, port harcourt, Kano, Onitsha and Aba, Onitsha and Aba are predominatly Igbos there while in other places mentioned a substantial portion of money in circulation is still in the hands of these Igbo men because many of them are in all these cities mentioned doing buisness.

That's why I stated that all these closing of markets is a blessing in disguise because it will make theseIgbo buisness men to wake up from sleep, open their eyes and channel the huge resources they have hhomeward not investing it in and help develop other lands, While at the same time receive insults.

They should learn from the jews. The jews are very smart, industrious and well organised, they control almost half of the global economy, that's why the jewish political group AIPAAC is the most powerful lobby group in Washington and they play a key role in determining politics in US. The Igbos are very industrious with a strong economic might if they pool their resources together and become wiser in Nigeria but when I look they have these potential but they have not realised it that's why I am in favour of all these adversity being unleashed on them from some parts of Nigeria because it will make them open their eyes wella.
,,What u wrote is well said and Understood..Let Goodluck Jonathan,,at least Finish Anambra port terminal for us.....We will Congratulate Him in a every Big Way...Come to Nnewi in Anambra state,u will see How Motocycle and it spare part is been Offloaded and distributed,sold to Costumers around africa..Nown i see why Inoson decided to leave his Motorcompany at his Hometown..If our Brother will understand The Power of Unity and settlement,then they would understand what they can do and what they are made of.....Imagine popular A-Z oil is produced mostly at east and transported to othere part of Nigeria,Imagine coscharis of the whole world withdraws from Lagos,imagine Emma Bishop withdraws from Lagos,so many of them,Imagine all new and Toyota part dealer goes down to South East.Imagine Ogbuawa 100 containers that comes in Almost 6 months through Lagos terminal,goes to Onitsha terminal......I dont think Lagosians has anything to be proud Of..Unless what Igbos has manage to create for them....
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ba7man(m): 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
EMMAUGOH: ,,What u wrote is well said and Understood..Let Goodluck Jonathan,,at least Finish Anambra port terminal for us.....We will Congratulate Him in a every Big Way...Come to Nnewi in Anambra state,u will see How Motocycle and it spare part is been Offloaded and distributed,sold to Costumers around africa..Nown i see why Inoson decided to leave his Motorcompany at his Hometown..If our Brother will understand The Power of Unity and settlement,then they would understand what they can do and what they are made of.....Imagine popular A-Z oil is produced mostly at east and transported to othere part of Nigeria,Imagine coscharis of the whole world withdraws from Lagos,imagine Emma Bishop withdraws from Lagos,so many of them,Imagine all new and Toyota part dealer goes down to South East.Imagine Ogbuawa 100 containers that comes in Almost 6 months through Lagos terminal,goes to Onitsha terminal......I dont think Lagosians has anything to be proud Of..Unless what Igbos has manage to create for them....
The Igbos are resourceful but you overestimate their importance. There are millions of people (Nigerians in diaspora/fresh investors) in line waiting to take over whatever positions you leave behind, me included. They'll give whatever business you guys were into a far more modern approach. Your absence will only provide opportunities for fresh investors that you swamped out before.....Leave and watch it happen. You think its by the Igbo's presence that has made Lagos top destination in Nigeria for the past 100years?? Its by the accomodating nature of its citizens.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by itsmayiela(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
peckhamboi: N100 billion daily

N3 trillion monthly (x 30)

N36 trillion annually (x 12)

Nigeria's budget = N4.9 trillion

They claim to be making more than 7 times the whole country's budget in a year.
[size=14pt]Somebody is telling a bold face lie[/size]

error: sundays and public holidays should be counted out
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by asha80(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
ba7man: The Igbos are resourceful but you overestimate their importance. There are millions of people (Nigerians in diaspora/fresh investors) in line waiting to take over whatever positions you leave behind, me included. They'll give whatever business you guys were into a far more modern approach. Your absence will only provide opportunities for fresh investors that you swamped out before.....Leave and watch it happen. You think its by the Igbo's presence that has made Lagos top destination in Nigeria for the past 100years?? Its by the accomodating nature of its citizens.
nothing stops you from displacing those igbos with your 'modern techniques' of business unless the competitive gene in you does not exist.your 'modern techniques' should put you in good stead to displace those igbos now and not when'they leave'.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ba7man(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
asha 80: nothing stops you from displacing those igbos with your 'modern techniques' of business unless the competitive gene in you does not exist.your 'modern techniques' should put you in good stead to displace those igbos now and not when'they leave'.
You guys keep saying you will leave but have you attempted it?? No!!!. Why?? because the State with the largest purchasing power is Lagos so you have to be close to your customers. If you leave, thousands will gladly fill the void you leave behind. Coscharis's buildings would have being paid for before he relocates and all the shops you guys will leave behind. Shopping complexes will be constructed and the only difference is that its different Nationalities that will own them this time. Gone will be the days of traders chasing and harassing you to patronize them in the streets (Since that's your idea of being competitive)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier / I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector / President Buhari Meets With Nigerians In Diaspora In South Korea (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.