Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily (14978 Views)

We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC / Ladipo Traders On Rampage / Fashola Earmarks N100b For Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO: the high rise craze in idumota was to occupy and accomodate igbos paying 2 and 3 years advance rent. Competition was hot between Igbos wanting space at prime spot by all means. The Igbos setup shops and lived in the shops and also rented apartments and flats in the high rise. They were importing apprentices from village and they arrived daily.....some slept 10 or more in a room. What are you talking about? Those buildings were erected for you to do business and live in. Some of your boys born in lagos were conceived in these flats. For someone fresh from village this was great....but as you learnt your ways around lagos and opened eyes then you began to spread out to surulere and aguda and left the idumota ghetto for your apprentice.

i know all about your rise....from when you first arrived lagos with no shoe to now where you are flaunting thinking you own lagos. i gave you two examples already...okoya and otedola. these are just two...out of many. multibillionaires and yet humble and stay under the radar. they started from idumota, right there where your loud mouthed arrogant brothers are making noise on chicken change profit made from selling fake products.

That was expected from someone who was given £20 to start life with. What wasn't expected was the meteoric rise. When the Igbos lived in the Idumota, was it that filthy? No.

They came, lived the way the could afford bearing in mind they had £20 to build their future on. Made it due to hard work and determination and then moved on to better areas and are still moving higher.

Your Yoruba kith and kin then moved into Idumota as residents and turned it into what it is today.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2: How can you be making 100 billion daily and still feel it's ok to do business in a place like this?

The way things were at Ladipo Market.

Mr. Intellectual what is your suggestion/ideas ? close the danm market right? don't allow sentiment to cloud your sense of judgement.I would have ignored this campaign of pictures you have been doing since this issue started if you are eko ilo.

Do you know Lagos state Govt appointed environmental sanitation agency call lawma who does collect money monthly from the traders without doing sanitation?

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by badesco(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Slizbeat: I personally felt their pain in this. Was at Ladipo yesterday and saw loads of containers on the streets. Some as far as ilupeju and you know that the trailer drivers can not leave the containers there and drive their trailers home. These same traders that has been chased from work for two days now would have to be paying dumerage(don't know if my spelling is right) for the number of days the trailer would be there pending when the market is finally opened.
Well, I don't know what to say as I too feel pains for them other than to plead with the State govt to act quickly and not allow the issue stay for another two days so these traders could go about their businesses. One thing with container business is that money does not go to the bank. It goes back abroad for more goods and that is why the traders complain of not having money at hand.

What I would personally advice these traders to do is to ask for 6months--1year from the govt to occupy ladipo. During that period, those with enough cash should be able to purchase a land along Lagos-Ibadan expressway or better still move down South-east, build up ware houses while those with less cash should rent them pending when they make enough to build theirs.
By so, they would be free to trade without interruption. Why I put the south-east there was because majority affected are from that region. I know its not easy but they should try cos a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.

Here is a Quote of what the traders say:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/closed-market-were-losing-n100bn-daily-cry-ladipo-
traders/

This useless analysis can not be right,how on earth would sane person assume that a trader makes around N10 million Naira a day at Ladipo Market. This assertion is unimaginable and could not be true. May be you should have said that an average trader is likely to make like N100k or more...we all know ladipo market and most of us at one time or the other go there to purchase spare parts for our cars. Although i can feel their pains too but whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. They should abide by rules of the game and refrain from infringing on the law at all time.Ladipo Market is dirty and filthy and not conducive for such market, so i support their relocation.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by naptu2: 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Mr. Intellectual what is your suggestion/ideas ? close the danm market right? don't allow sentiment to cloud your sense of judgement.I would have ignored this campaign of pictures you have been doing since this issue started if you are eko ilo.

Do you know Lagos state Govt appointed environmental sanitation agency call lawma who does collect money monthly from the traders without doing sanitation?

Does Lawma come into your house to clean it for you, or do you clean your house and give the rubbish to lawma to dispose?

Is lawma responsible for the pipes beside the transformer, or are they responsible for the street traders?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Boss13: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
The first day I went to ladipo was my last day. I swore never to go to that place. The area is a huge mess, the miscreants exceeds the genuine traders. I do not believe they make up to 100billions and I hope fashola is listening so that he can tax better. That place requires sanity. I mean proper sanity.

Good move by the Lagos state government.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
badesco:

This useless analysis can not be right,how on earth would sane person assume that a trader makes around N10 million Naira a day at Ladipo Market. This assertion is unimaginable and could not be true. May be you should have said that an average trader is likely to make like N100k or more...we all know ladipo market and most of us at one time or the other go there to purchase spare parts for our cars. Although i can feel their pains too but whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. They should abide by rules of the game and refrain from infringing on the law at all time.Ladipo Market is dirty and filthy and not conducive for such market, so i support their relocation.

See what poverty has done to people. You don't believe that a trader in Ladipo makes up to 10 Million naira in a day. Dude Ladipo is not your normal street shop that does retail. They do wholesale though they can sell retail quantity as well. Many traders from other west African countries as well as other parts of the country get their supplies from Ladipo. Only one customer from Kano, Sokoto, Maiduguri, Jos, Niger, Chad or Cameroun will make a purchase of more than that amount.

7 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Duru1(m): 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
It is morally irresponsible and politically wickedness for any government to incumbent its citizens with the task of cleaning hazardous materials (Hazmats). Most of Fashola’s actions are bigotry at best. Governance is more than banning of Okada , closing of markets and acting as a clown.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ba7man(m): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
peckhamboi: N100 billion daily

N3 trillion monthly (x 30)

N36 trillion annually (x 12)

Nigeria's budget = N4.9 trillion

They claim to be making more than 7 times the whole country's budget in a year.
[size=14pt]Somebody is telling a bold face lie[/size]
That means the market generates approximately 1.2 Billion dollars in 2 days. Big fat lie!!!....If you belive that, you'll belive anything. I'll take a note of the people that belived it and I'll never argue with them again. I know they're loosing a lot of money though. I'm sure they'll reach an agreement with the State Govt soon.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2013
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by YoshiMaster: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
CyberG:

Let them go back to their native land and do their business there. The laws and respect of your host states far outweigh whether you make 100 B or 100 Tr. In as much as some of the traders are appealing to our better angels, some ungrateful ibo bigots make it difficult to not want to repatriate the entire ibo back to their villages in SE. You don't own any other land except iboland. You will also have to pay your taxes in full, obey the laws, respect your hosts and understand that you are tenants with absolutely no rights to the land or any market.

I really do not like it when people like you say go back to your village, what the hell does that mean?

Last time I checked this country was called Nigeria not Lagos, or Abia, or Anambra.

Its like Mayor of New-York telling all Texans to go back to their village, damn! its a free country, no one needs visas to cross states in their own country and no one should need permission to reside in a different state in their own country.

Its talk like this that makes one Nigeria almost impossible. Do you really want to have Lagos all to yourself, and become one of the smallest countries in the world?

6 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by TableLeg(m): 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
GTFOH .... 100billion naira daily is a bloody exagerration!
I dont believe the utter crap of a figure estimated here!!!!
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
May God punish this people opprsesive governor.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2:

Does Lawma come into your house to clean it for you, or do you clean your house and give the rubbish to lawma to dispose?

Is lawma responsible for the pipes beside the transformer, or are they responsible for the street traders?

My friend just keep your mouth shut if you have no idea about what is going on in that market, have you asked when last did lawma show up for their duty, and when the traders complained what was the Govt action?

If you care to listen, i will like to inform you that lagos state Govt is a fraud unless fashola dis-attached himself from Lord thiefunumbu. It sadden to see how many of you who are ignorant of what the issue was all about, but appear to be more commentator in this issue than those who knows the genesis of the problem.

Please distant yourself from hypocrites else you will belittle yourself to dogs.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by coogar: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
okpara ugo: May God punish this people opprsesive governor.

you are a fool........
lagos government is trying to ring changes in that filth called market and you are spewing nonsense. i support the closure of the market - let the chairmen present themselves to the government and enter into agreement to build modern toilets and clean up the sewers and most importantly get rid of the touts who extort customers. if they are really making 100 billion naira then ladipo market should be like a shopping mall in abu dhabi!
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by honeric01(m): 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My friend just keep your mouth shut if you have no idea about what is going on in that market, have you asked when last did lawma show up for their duty, and when the traders complained what was the Govt action?

If you care to listen, i will like to inform you that lagos state Govt is a fraud unless fashola dis-attached himself from Lord thiefunumbu. It sadden to see how many of you who are ignorant of what the issue was all about, but appear to be more commentator in this issue than those who knows the genesis of the problem.

Please distant yourself from hypocrites else you will belittle yourself to dogs.

BTW, with a market like that, how do you expect LAWMA's trucks coming into this kind of market? where's it going to pass through?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by babaowo: 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
shymexx: If they actually make N100billion daily in that market, they should be paying at least N10billion daily in taxes to the Lagos State Government... In a sane country, that would have been the right thing to do - however, everything in Nigeria is so tribalised that countries exist within a country... Yet,wh everyone questions why the country is so backward...

You make N100billion daily in that dump-site without paying the right taxes, yet you can fix the darn place up... However, when the authorities closed the dump-site down for causing health hazards and a nuisance to the environment - everyone from the tribe of those affected was ranting about tribalism ...
.... they are there to make money nd go home in december and lavish all the money they make,and come back again and again and again........
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by coogar: 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

I really do not like it when people like you say go back to your village, what the hell does that mean?

Last time I checked this country was called Nigeria not Lagos, or Abia, or Anambra.
Its like Mayor of New-York telling all Texans to go back to their village, damn! its a free country, no one needs visas to cross states in their own country and no one should need permission to reside in a different state in their own country.

Its talk like this that makes one Nigeria almost impossible. Do you really want to have Lagos all to yourself, and become one of the smallest countries in the world?

if a texan refuses to obey the laws in new york, he would be sent packing. why should villagers who are allergic to civilization soil up the whole place? go back to your village applies to all and sundry that are not lagosians including yorubas as well. fashola's move should be applauded. you need to compare the oshodi before fashola's governance and now to see why his methods are effective. the market should be demolished and restructured.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by eikeem(m): 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
Seriously,people do not have to lie in order to get public sympathy. We are all humans, and we are sane enough to know the market shutdown has a serious financial impact on the traders.
But N100 billion? Haba!!!! Does Apple have a factory there? grin
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Davd52(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
sparkleboy:
well said. good for them
.I think fashola should be shown dis thread.
fashola shld knw closin aladipo is nt d right tin to do...wat nigerian trader needs is good orientation..an more over those dumpages on those carner all..all flowinf frm mushin den down to a settling plays wichs is aladipo
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
sparkleboy: I went to collect two cars from my clearing agent at tin can, we took the cars to fix up some thing at ladipo market,being the first time I went there (feb 12) i was alarmed at the way every john, joystick and harry , rushed and besieged us demanding for all sorts of payment for bringing in tokunbo cars.. wow. by the time we left there we had paid around 4k for all sorts of illegitimate levy, even police officer collected. so am happy at the decision of lagos state govt. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why dont you try Alaba and talk,plls if u Are new in buisness jus shut up.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by babaowo: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
when mushin and mile 12 market was closed nobody cry about tribalism, there are many people in animal skull....
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by naptu2: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Ok, no points, just insults. Pass.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ypzilanti: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
This is an opportunity for Ogun State to provide a space for these traders, and tax them furiously to generate IGR. I would has asked the eastern governors to do this, but clearly, the market for the goods is Lagos.

BTW i do not support dirtiness, but the LASG should not shut markets over filth. Rather they should impose huge fines to discourage it. In the end, the government should be more concerned about losing taxes as the market stays closed.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by unforgiven: 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
peckhamboi: N100 billion daily

N3 trillion monthly (x 30)

N36 trillion annually (x 12)

Nigeria's budget = N4.9 trillion

They claim to be making more than 7 times the whole country's budget in a year.
[size=14pt]Somebody is telling a bold face lie[/size]

[size=16pt]cost price, selling price, NOT profit.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Regiblinkz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
$£yi:
you're earning millions daily?! but can't dedicated a token just to keep where you get these millions from clean and habitable for yourself and the customers?!

rules and laws are not to be bent 'cause of our excuses, else they lost their qualities as rules.

omo mehn!!! Too many kpomo men...your english teacher dey crase ni?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
honeric01:

BTW, with a market like that, how do you expect LAWMA's trucks coming into this kind of market? where's it going to pass through?

Do you care to know that there was initial arrangement between lagos Govt and market union how to restructure that market before lawma lagos state environmental sanitation agency betrayed the arrangement and still goes on collecting monthly bills from the marketers ? When the marketers refused and said enough is enough they can't continue paying without you carrying out duty assigned to you, thiefnumbu remotes his puppet Governor to displace the people. Thiefunumbu is the problem not even fashola, but most of you are not getting it. The problem was borne out from thiefunumbu selfish interest.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by coogar: 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
ypzilanti: This is an opportunity for Ogun State to provide a space for these traders, and tax them furiously to generate IGR. I would has asked the eastern governors to do this, but clearly, the market for the goods is Lagos. BTW i do not support dirtiness, but the LASG should not shut markets over filth. Rather they should impose huge fines to discourage it. In the end, the government should be more concerned about losing taxes as the market stays closed.

lagos can survive without the taxes of the filthy market. if the whole place is not shut down, people won't shape up. by the time the dirty traders go hungry for weeks, they would act accordingly. they were warned aeons ago to do something about their environment and nothing was done.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by YoshiMaster: 1:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
coogar:

if a texan refuses to obey the laws in new york, he would be sent packing. why should villagers who are allergic to civilization soil up the whole place? go back to your village applies to all and sundry that are not lagosians including yorubas as well. fashola's move should be applauded. you need to compare the oshodi before fashola's governance and now to see why his methods are effective. the market should be demolished and restructured.

Guy I totally understand and agree 100% that the market should be closed down and sanitized, but that's where it should end.

No need to start saying they were black, white, asian, igbo, yoruba, housa, fulani or whatever.

Let the Law take care of malefactors as it is doing with the closing of the market.

I am just against talk like "go back to your village", that is entirely unwarranted.

If you claim they can't obey the Law, then, again, let the law take care of the situation. The law will ensure that they shape up, and it would either be punishment by the law or it will reach a point that they may leave by themselves if they see that they are getting into too much trouble with the law and can't keep up. Case in point, I traveled to Dubai, beautiful country, but stringent laws; I personally would never wanna live there full time.

Please just close your eyes and imagine a U.S governor saying that other statesmen should leave his state, that would make for really bad tv, and bad politics.

Let the Law prevail.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by omayyi: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
So, by and large, all our ibo brothers care about is their MONEY. Fcck the sanity of the land, just allow us to make our MONEY. Selfish, inconsiderate lot.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
Davd52: fashola shld knw closin aladipo is nt d right tin to do...wat nigerian trader needs is good orientation..an more over those dumpages on those carner all..all flowinf frm mushin den down to a settling plays wichs is aladipo

It take only a sensible human to come up with a detribalized analyst such as yours above. This guy call naptu was the least i expected to vomit trash.

Have a look what the above comment says.

naptu2:

Ok, no points, just insults. Pass.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by naptu2: 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
ypzilanti: This is an opportunity for Ogun State to provide a space for these traders, and tax them furiously to generate IGR. I would has asked the eastern governors to do this, but clearly, the market for the goods is Lagos.

BTW i do not support dirtiness, but the LASG should not shut markets over filth. Rather they should impose huge fines to discourage it. In the end, the government should be more concerned about losing taxes as the market stays closed.

Good, now here's the meat of the matter, how do they collect the fines and what happens if people refuse to pay them?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by honeric01(m): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Do you care to know that there was initial arrangement between lagos Govt and market union how to restructure that market before lawma lagos state environment sanitation agency betrayed the arrangement and still goes on collecting monthly bills from the marketers ? When the marketers refused and said enough is enough they can't continue paying without you carrying out duty assigned to you, thiefnumbu remotes his puppet Governor to displace the people. Thiefunumbu is the problem not even fashola, but most of you are not getting it. The problem was borne out from thiefunumbu selfish interest.

Mind telling us how you came up with all these?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Patrick Sawyer Is A Liberian Ebola Medical Terrorist, i have VIDEO evidence !!! / Buhari Never Made 100 Days Promise To Nigerians – Keyamo / FG Sends Nta Ekpo On Compulsory Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.