Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency (22493 Views)

The Newly-coined Full Meaning Of B-U-H-A-R-I / Who Coined The Word '9ja' and 'Naija'? / What Does 'Lagos' Mean & Who Coined The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by LasBonBoi: 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
[size=16pt]Ok. Since am not Awo follower, can I revert my naira back to pounds now? Just wanna change the name not digits[/size]
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by thazz(m): 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
ok
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by BarryX(m): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
we should clap for him for doing a good job
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
What has the nation done 4 his family in return 4 his good works?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by anitank(f): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: When I 1st heared the word Naira, I thought it was coined from a Yoruba word. 'Nai' from the pronounciation of Nigeria & 'ra' which is a Yoruba word for buy. Meaning Naira=Nigeriabuy.
However, this thread has been derailed by ethnic bigots.
That's a brilliant theory... and owing that Awolowo was Yoruba, u might just be right cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by tomakint: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
For real, that was Pa Awo's making, thumbs up to the great SAGE! cool
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by azimibraun: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
May Day!! May Day!! I need help.. Am I on nairaland or awoland?
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Ebestsmscom: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Who is hiding my post, what have I done to deserve this sh1t?

@Mod e don dooo.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Who cares?
Afterall lord luggard's hoe gave us the name 'NIGERIA'.
He lived and died a tribalist,and was no good to anybody beyond his tribespeople.
NEXT!!

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
@ all who contributed to derailing this thread, you all should be ashamed of yourselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Leaders Storm Ekiti For Mega Campaign / Obaseki Is Causing Problem In PDP, Edo State Chairman, Secretary Write Secondus / Edo 2024: Faces Of LP, PDP And APC Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.