Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency (22796 Views)

The Newly-coined Full Meaning Of B-U-H-A-R-I / Who Coined The Word '9ja' and 'Naija'? / What Does 'Lagos' Mean & Who Coined The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by saintohia: 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
lagcity:
Get real, Igbos starved their children to death. They had a choice.

^^^^^

.... And choice was to force them honor Aburi Accord?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
Freiburger:
Tell that to the English Queen. grin
who cares about that old hag?
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by saintohia: 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
backtosender: AWOLOWOAAAAA

MY FELLOW ODUDUWAS,THERE IS NO POINT ALLOWING FOOD PASSAGE TO BIAFRA BECAUSE MORE THEY EAT MORE THEY FIGHT HARDER,IS BETTER WE DASH CAMEROON BAKASSI PENINSULAR,THAT CAN HELP US ELIMINATE,TERMINATE,MASSACRE, 2 MILLION CHILDREN. AND HERE COMES CHEERING FROM ODUDUWA NATION

GREATEST MASS MURDERERS OF THE 20TH CENTURY
AWOLOWOAWWW

^^^^^

When would the Oduduwas and their associates bring back Bakassi?

SS would've learnt their lesson.

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: who cares about that old hag?
Pray you live up to her age so you can take decisions, like she is taking on you right now. grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by ACM10: 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
jadakiss213: Awolowo died Wretched ke that must be a joke.what he left behind will feed u and ur generations yet unborn.hehehe

If he really died so rich, then he is an epitome of corruption in public service. Tell me how a public servant will acquire so much wealth to feed generation unborn? Did Awolowo own any company? Was Awolowo a businessman? It is unfortunate that you are proud of a public servant who acquired so much wealth through an undefined means.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Meritbaba(m): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Na hidden bonanza today o...who dey in charge small small Abeg!!
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Yea Pa Awolowo coined the term NAIRA.

The full meaning of NAIRA is;

N - Never
A - Allow
I - Igbos
R- Rule
A- Again.

Trust me, I got this info from a very reliable source.

I pity those Igbo people flocking to ACN led APC.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by 1dickatatime: 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
lagcity:

Repeating lies about Awo's death a million times will never make it true. The whole world knows your folks as conmen and propagandists; you continue to be the butt of international jokes. SE conmen who tried to deceive the international community by starving their babies and presenting their bloated bellies. Pathetic. How exactly are you overriding? Oh, I forgot you get 100 billion daily from Ladipo market ehn grin? Mehn, you people will never change. Liars.

Don't mind them they are a bunch of deluded fellows, to them it's the whole world against them(Nigerian jews grin) and to declare they are losing 100 billion per day in Ladipo market sends another signal about how warped the mind of these guys are and unfortunately many of their educated folks share this same perception. Really funny

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by OneNaira6: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Yea Pa Awolowo coined the term NAIRA.

The full meaning of NAIRA us

N - Never
A - Allow
I - Igbos
R- Rule
A- Again.

Just say their names, point fingers at them and shame them well "Rochas Okorocha--no excuse for his stupidity, Ngige--Has an excuse for his stupidity, and finally the other dude which I've forgotten his name
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Tolexander: 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: He was one of the so-called founding fathers of Nigeria,so he has to share some of the blame.
Split the goddamn country.
France is not bigger than the SE,yet they are big enough to be a country.
stop flaunting your ignorance and hypocrisy here. France has a total land mass of 543,965sq km(210,026sq mi)
nigeria has a total land mass of 923,768 sq.km. By your foolish illustration, SE covers 60percent of nigerian land mass.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
1dickatatime:

Don't mind them they are a bunch of deluded fellows, to them it's the whole world against them(Nigerian jews grin) and to declare they are losing 100 billion per day in Ladipo market sends another signal about how warped the mind of these guys are and unfortunately many of their educated folks share this same perception. Really funny

Dey there dey shit for polythene bag while a barely literate Igbo guy who had no access to the free education policy you enjoyed is carting away 10 million naira per day right there in your back yard.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by dulphines: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: that is something i wouldn't doubt cos he seems to be the greatest man that masterminded every good thing and victory during those times.

And all the Yoruba Nairalanders says "Ameeeen" For una mind. No be only every good thing and victory, na him follow discover Nigeria. Rubish!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: stop flaunting your ignorance and hypocrisy here. France has a total land mass of 543,965sq km(210,026sq mi)
nigeria has a total land mass of 923,768 sq.km. By your foolish illustration, SE covers 60percent of nigerian land mass.
it still dosen't affect my point,one bit.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by 1dickatatime: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Dey there dey shit for polythene bag while a barely literate Igbo guy who had no access to the free education policy you enjoyed is carting away 10 million naira per day right there in your back yard.

Still funny, tell me does this your barely literate guy own an oil well? or does he run an oil business? because if he's into any of these two no big deal as oil business is a high turnover business. Even people with lucrative PSCs out there very few of them command such figures per day let alone your barely literate IGBO guy grin .I know there are a bunch of lucrative businesses out there but guy common you can do better. Smart up and stop living on fake perception it's harmful to your psyche.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Tolexander: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
dulphines:

And all the Yoruba Nairalanders says "Ameeeen" For una mind. No be only every good thing and victory, na him follow discover Nigeria. Rubish!
dullthings or what is ur name? Can u modify your post to english language for better communication!
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Tolexander: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: it still dosen't affect my point,one bit.
at least, it reduces ur hypocrisy and ignorance.
Anyway, don't thank me but thank God.

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Reptyle(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: When I 1st heared the word Naira, I thought it was coined from a Yoruba word. 'Nai' from the pronounciation of Nigeria & 'ra' which is a Yoruba word for buy. Meaning Naira=Nigeriabuy.
However, this thread has been derailed by ethnic bigots.

You may be right. That is the same interpretation that came to my mind.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: at least, it reduces ur hypocrisy and ignorance.
Anyway, don't thank me but thank God.
it still dosen't affect my point,one bit.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
1dickatatime:

Still funny, tell me does this your barely literate guy own an oil well? or does he run an oil business? because if he's into any of these two no big deal as oil business is a high turnover business. Even people with lucrative PSCs out there very few of them command such figures per day let alone your barely literate IGBO guy grin .I know there are a bunch of lucrative businesses out there but guy common you can do better. Smart up and stop living on fake perception it's harmful to your psyche.

This shows what poverty has done to your brain. Dude, Ladipo, Idumota, Balogun, ASPMDA, Alaba are not your usual retail street shops. These are markets where traders from other states of the Fderation as well as other African countries come to get their supplies. Most traders here are importers. A trader making 10 million naira turn over a day (NOT PROFIT) in those markets is very easy. I have been in the system so I know what I talk about.

When I was in Idumota (pharmaceutical wholesale), we had a lot of customers who regularly made individual purchases of more than 10 million naira mainly from Maiduguri (they serve customers from North East West Africa wey no get liver come Lagos), Kano, Sokoto, Onitsha, Chad, Niger, Aba etc. Those markets for whatever they are known for ie Idumota ( pharmaceuticals and articles), ASPMDA (new auto parts), Alaba (Electronics), Coker (plumbing and building materials), Ladipo (used auto parts) etc. serve the entire country and the West and Central African markets.

Well, if you don't believe that an average trader in those markets makes a turnover of up to that, ask any of your friends or relatives working in any bank branch located in any if those markets and he or she might be able to enlighten you.

I can't argue in the 100 billion naira aspect but 10 million naira for a trader in those markets is not exaggerated. Having said that, not everybody in those markets make up to that as some are what we call 'Ndi oso afia'- helpers who don't even own shops. Also note that you can make 10 million naira sale with less than 50,009 naira profit or even a loss.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Don't you understand English?
I said he was no good to anyone except his tribesmen.
He was a tribalist.
Which mumu like your post? Can't u and d oda idi-o-t see I was mocking you? Guess that's why you are what you are, I understand.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Skmoda360(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
Policewoman: So how does this affect the price of fuel in the market?
Wetin u dey talk nw, does that add any sense to what we are discussing here.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by alosnika: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sibrah: You mean he coined Naira, Lol,
So what's the meaning of Naira?

Ode, what's the meaning of Dollars, Pounds, Euro etc....I wonder why some of you cannot think....common sense is not truly common.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by juman(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
That nigeria is a destroyed country.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by lettered: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
See as haters just full everywhere.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sibrah: You mean he coined Naira, Lol,
So what's the meaning of Naira?

Naira means;

N - Never
A - Allow
I - Igbos
R - Rule
A - Again
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by camelus: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Yea Pa Awolowo coined the term NAIRA.

The full meaning of NAIRA is;

N - Never
A - Allow
I - Igbos
R- Rule
A- Again.

Trust me, I got this info from a very reliable source.

@ Poster †̥̥Ђӛ correct meaning
N-Nigerian
A-Army
I-Is
R-Ready
A-Again

K-Kill
O-Ojukwu
B-Before
O-Others
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by 1dickatatime: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

This shows what poverty has done to your brain. Dude, Ladipo, Idumota, Balogun, ASPMDA, Alaba are not your usual retail street shops. These are markets where traders from other states of the Fderation as well as other African countries come to get their supplies. Most traders here are importers. A trader making 10 million naira turn over a day (NOT PROFIT) in those markets is very easy. I have been in the system so I know what I talk about.

When I was in Idumota (pharmaceutical wholesale), we had a lot of customers who regularly made individual purchases of more than 10 million naira mainly from Maiduguri (they serve customers from North East West Africa wey no get liver come Lagos), Kano, Sokoto, Onitsha, Chad, Niger, Aba etc. Those markets for whatever they are known for ie Idumota ( pharmaceuticals and articles), ASPMDA (new auto parts), Alaba (Electronics), Coker (plumbing and building materials), Ladipo (used auto parts) etc. serve the entire country and the West and Central African markets.

Well, if you don't believe that an average trader in those markets makes a turnover of up to that, ask any of your friends or relatives working in any bank branch located in any if those markets and he or she might be able to enlighten you.

I can't argue in the 100 billion naira aspect but 10 million naira for a trader in those markets is not exaggerated. Having said that, not everybody in those markets make up to that as some are what we call 'Ndi oso afia'- helpers who don't even own shops. Also note that you can make 10 million naira sale with less than 50,009 naira profit or even a loss.

You see I like it when people put things in proper perspective, in your first reply you said "carting away" that suggest profit. Also when I replied you I agreed that you can have a turnover(bearing in mind turnover is different from profit) of 10 million naira per day in some areas of business especially oil. I can't dispute these claims on the ground of turnover per day but suggesting that figure as profit is what I can't swallow a position you corroborated when you said " you can make 10 million naira sale with less than 50,009 naira profit or even a loss". This takes me back to my first point,someone who rakes in 10 million naira per day with a net profit of say 500,000 is still not in the picture you tried to paint as he has to pay for what he has sold and cater for the running cost of his business inside this 500k profit. See my friend this is just to let you know that the real mega earners out there are people who've got the opportunity to drink from the pot of oil in the Niger Delta(these set of people cut across all regions and tribes) and not what you tried to pass across earlier ,don't want to mention the word because you've actually come across as someone with a lucid mind. By the way try avoiding insults when passing your message across.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by EmekaDopa(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
Naira means: Neva Allow Igbos Rule Again
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by EmekaDopa(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
No be Naira?

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by henrysam(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
CHESSBOARD: Yes that is true and that is why he died WRETCHED undecided tongue
U lack knowledge and d summary is that you are ignorant.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
One_Naira: You mean the black version of Hilter coined Naira? Well, everything bad is created by Bad people so no surprise. I have long being trying to figure out how to change my username, OP just gave me more reason to continue looking. Abeg NEXT!!

When you have something relevant beside telling us about a 2 faced, tribalistic, genocidal, 1diot that desperately wanted to be president till the point he got used, dumped and 419ed by someone younger than him, call us. Let the slowpoke continue burning in Hell. Next story
i think the sun has melted ur brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Voting And Counting At Governors’ Forum (Video) / I Used Personal Income To Rebuild Church In Kano – Emir Sanusi / #pdpconvention Between Unity List And The List Of Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.