Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency (22492 Views)

The Newly-coined Full Meaning Of B-U-H-A-R-I / Who Coined The Word '9ja' and 'Naija'? / What Does 'Lagos' Mean & Who Coined The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by RedLight1: 1:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
Torch1: He coined the name "Naira" and so fuckin what
A name we dont know the meaning!

Celebrating mediocrity!
so what is the meaning of dollars, pounds euro etc?
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by lagcity(m): 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: where is the so-called wealth he left behind?
Which of his descendants are relevant in Nigeria today?

That's the problem with you Ibos, you think someone must make noise if he has some coins. Oh, Awos are not relevant because they are not looting and punching each other in the house of assembly? fvck outta here.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
yabadabado: @solomon111.. ur user name suggest u have wisdom at least. how many places have you been to in nigeria. i just googled d guy and he sure has done some things. google is your friend. if there is anyone that has done more say and you would educated other people..don't come hear and be crying because some people don,t respect chinua achebe.
Actually chinua achebe commands more global acclaim and respect than awolowo would ever dream of.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
lagcity:

That's the problem with you Ibos, you think someone must make noise if he has some coins. Oh, Awos are not relevant because they are not looting and punching each other in the house of assembly? fvck outta here.
you,fucck off.
The onus is on you to prove their relevance in Nigeria today,instead of blabbing out idioccy.
Prove their relevance in Nigeria today,or shut the fucck up.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by victorD3: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Awo is a war criminal. *runs off
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: He was one of the so-called founding fathers of Nigeria,so he has to share some of the blame.
Split the goddamn country.
France is not bigger than the SE,yet they are big enough to be a country.
+South-Sudan you reminded me. smiley
Have you got the prerequisites of standing as a country?
I know your next question will be...
why you nor want make i stay on my own cheesy
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
Freiburger:
+South-Sudan you reminded me. smiley
Have you got the prerequisites of standing as a country?
I know your next question will be...
why you nor want make i stay on my own cheesy
yes,any nation can stand on their own if they want to.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by OluEmmaAss: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
Awo would have been greater than Obama if he was an American.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by IleIfe2(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
lagcity:

Repeating lies about Awo's death a million times will never make it true. The whole world knows your folks as conmen and propagandists; you continue to be the butt of international jokes. SE conmen who tried to deceive the international community by starving their babies and presenting their bloated bellies. Pathetic. How exactly are you overriding? Oh, I forgot you get 100 billion daily from Ladipo market ehn grin? Mehn, you people will never change. Liars.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Malawian(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Awo would have been greater than Obama if he was an American.
how many books have been written about awo that was not from fellow Yorubas? who else is shouting awo awo if not the Yorubas, point of correction, awo did not build oau ife, he mere commandeered it and renamed it after himself. awo did not plant any cocoa plantation in the west, he merely commandeered the existing ones of which a large 5 belonged to igbo and oyinbo farmers. the dude was doing efulefu projects like first sky scrapper and shit. take a look at the educational content of his people, his supposed primary legacy and you will agree that the guy just wasted everybody's time, and a lot of innocent babies life before shacking the tea of life.

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: yes,any nation can stand on their own if they want to.
The funny part of it is the fact that most of the biafra politicians, from the state to the federal level aren't dancing to your tone, what are they waiting for? anything that is worth doing is worth doing now or never.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
lagcity:

They had a choice to shoot that coward Abidjan pedophile and install Gen. Effiong. Effiong has good head on his shoulders, he made the right decision but it was too late. And why should I go and eat shiiit? I'm not Biafran, so I don't have to eat shiitt. My own leaders didn't make irrational decisions, so eating shiitt isn't really necessary for me.
your leaders didn't make irrational decisions?
So 'one Nigeria' is a rational decision?
Brazen display of treachery and cowardice is a rational decision?
Agreeing to subject the rest of Nigeria to Northern subjugation and oppression is a rational decision?
According to lagcity,the continued existence of 'one Nigeria' with all its fundamental flaws is a ration decision.
What a foøl.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
you hid my posts? if i catch you eehn
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by IYANGBALI: 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Awolowo was the best president the 'odua nation' never had and not Nigeria.
He was responsible for the murder of millions of people.
God forbid such genocidal idiott as our president.
shut the fok up,your so called ike eba oju iku said so whe Awo died and if ojukwu could say such a thing about Awo,who the fok are you to contest it

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Sibrah: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
You mean he coined Naira, Lol,
So what's the meaning of Naira?
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by lagcity(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: your leaders didn't make irrational decisions?
So 'one Nigeria' is a rational decision?
Brazen display of treachery and cowardice is a rational decision?
Agreeing to subject the rest of Nigeria to Northern subjugation and oppression is a rational decision?
According to lagcity,the continued existence of 'one Nigeria' with all its fundamental flaws is a ration decision.
What a foøl.

Yes, Nigeria with all its flaws is a rational decision. You people refuse to see beyond your nose. Nigeria and Biafra can't exist. What we will have is another India and Pakistan in Africa. West Africa doesn't need that powder keg right now.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by OneNaira6: 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
You mean the black version of Hilter coined Naira? Well, everything bad is created by Bad people so no surprise. I have long being trying to figure out how to change my username, OP just gave me more reason to continue looking. Abeg NEXT!!

When you have something relevant beside telling us about a 2 faced, tribalistic, genocidal, 1diot that desperately wanted to be president till the point he got used, dumped and 419ed by someone younger than him, call us. Let the slowpoke continue burning in Hell. Next story
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by IYANGBALI: 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Actually chinua achebe commands more global acclaim and respect than awolowo would ever dream of.
dreamt of you mean?
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by ACM10: 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: that is something i wouldn't doubt cos he seems to be the greatest man that masterminded every good thing and victory during those times.
Silly chest-beating

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
lagcity:

Yes, Nigeria with all its flaws is a rational decision. You people refuse to see beyond your nose. Nigeria and Biafra can't exist. What we will have is another India and Pakistan in Africa. West Africa doesn't need that powder keg right now.
Those two nations are hundreds times better than Nigeria.
You can't force people to go against their wish.
Nationhood is not by force.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
IYA NGBALI: dreamt of you mean?
yes,dreamt of.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Those two nations are hundreds times better than Nigeria.
You can't force people to go against their wish.
Nationhood is not by force.
Tell that to the English Queen. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Leaders Storm Ekiti For Mega Campaign / Obaseki Is Causing Problem In PDP, Edo State Chairman, Secretary Write Secondus / Tinubu Healthier Than Most Youths Complaining About His Health Status- SWAGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.