Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? (6787 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / Guys: What Is The Highest Amount You Would Spend On A First Date? / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:02am On Mar 05, 2013
Acidosis:
I'm tired of hearing/seeing half this & that!
You're congolese living in Chinese
or
Your Dad is Congolese married to a chinese (mum)

Either way, you're still a Congolese!

So ma, where and when (22+years ago) did Dad proposed to mum?

My DAD is Chinese and my mom is Congolese.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:05am On Mar 05, 2013
adconline:

Fairy tales continue! One of those stories where ur parents were superhumans and years ahead of their peers. They always came on top in all their endeavors until adulthood caught up with them.. Lol

My parents aren't super humans. My grandpa was a judge. He had money too. My dad worked hard --earned everything he has. I am a hard worker too. I am not a spoiled brat. I have a job and work my BUTT off because I want to be like my dad and grandpa one day! My mom is a stay at home mom -- and that's NOT something I want. If I was a gold digger, I would sit home and just marry a rich man. I actually WORK!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by jmoore(m): 12:07am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

I am a liar? So you know my life? I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I come from a rich family. I am surprised you lot are so shocked at the fact that I want a $15, 000 ring when some of my friends have gotten $25, 000 dollar rings. I REALLY wonder what you would think of them!

Listen if the man can afford it, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?
Anyone can claim to be Bill Gates child in an anonymous forum

$15,000 or $25,000 ring is not a
shocker to me.

The money is not the problem, your attitude towards the ring is the problem .
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:09am On Mar 05, 2013
Acidosis:
I'm tired of hearing/seeing half this & that!
You're congolese living in Chinese
or
Your Dad is Congolese married to a chinese (mum)

Either way, you're still a Congolese!

So ma, where and when (22+years ago) did Dad proposed to mum?

Dad proposed to mom in Congo -- they met at school. Dad was visiting a friend who was a prof there and mom was a student.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:12am On Mar 05, 2013
jmoore:
Anyone can claim to be Bill Gates child in an anonymous forum

$15,000 or $25,000 ring is not a
shocker to me.

The money is not the problem, your attitude towards the ring is the problem .

The only reason I showed attitude is because you lot tried to crucify me for wanting an expensive ring. You lot REALLY need to get out more. In 2013, I don't know any girl who owns an engagement ring that is less than $5,000. Maybe you all do, BUT I don't. That's why I am saying you need to get out more. You are too stuck in your little world. Wanting a big diamond isn't fairy tale anymore, it's REALITY.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by 2goodbobo(m): 12:15am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

My dad gives my mom everything she wants. My dad has always treated me like a princess. I expect my man to do the same. As I mentioned earlier, "right topic, wrong crowd" -- it's that simple.

Is obvious that you a one lil arrogant spoilt brat who does not want to wake up to reality. Simply because you are born with silver spoon in your mouth does not mean you must be treated as such by a Man. What if you were not born into a rich family, would have ask for a ring that is worth 15,000 dollars?

Half chinese ko half congolese ne. Smh for you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 05, 2013
You know.. I kinda wondered if that OP was sweetlemon in disguise.. I wouldnt doubt if it was seeing how she showed up here angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Orpelin: 12:18am On Mar 05, 2013
I'm loving this
A total of 3-month full salary saving for just engagement ring.
One more question: When did U intend to settle down?
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:19am On Mar 05, 2013
2goodbobo:

Is obvious that you a one lil arrogant spoilt brat who does not want to wake up to reality. Simply because you are born with silver spoon in your mouth does not mean you must be treated as such by a Man. What if you were not born into a rich family, would have ask for a ring that is worth 15,000 dollars?

Half chinese ko half congolese ne. Smh for you

There's a quote that says "we are products of our surroundings" If I didn't come from a rich family my thoughts may have been different -- but that's not guaranteed. My preference remains what it is. Wanting a gorgeous engagement ring has NOTHING to do with what kind of family I come from. Every person has the right to go after what they want -- most settle for what is available others don't. Life is NOT fair.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:22am On Mar 05, 2013
Orpelin: I'm loving this
A total of 3-month full salary saving for just engagement ring.
One more question: When did U intend to settle down?

I have already settled down. I am in a committed relationship with a man I LOVE very much. We are ready to take it to the next step. He will get me the ring of my dreams because he says I deserve it. I couldn't be happier.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by adconline(m): 12:23am On Mar 05, 2013
When was the last time u gave urself a $15k gift? Should u not love urself more?
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:23am On Mar 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper: You know.. I kinda wondered if that OP was sweetlemon in disguise.. I wouldnt doubt if it was seeing how she showed up here angry
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Orpelin: 12:27am On Mar 05, 2013
So HisRib, enjoy urself & be expectant. The actual self-indulged-price-fixed engagement ring will come soonest.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Acidosis(m): 12:27am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

The only reason I showed attitude is because you lot tried to crucify me for wanting an expensive ring. You lot REALLY need to get out more. In 2013, I don't know any girl who owns an engagement ring that is less than $5,000 . Maybe you all do, BUT I don't. That's why I am saying you need to get out more. You are too stuck in your little world. Wanting a big diamond isn't fairy tale anymore, it's REALITY.

1. In some churches here in Nigeria, couples and intending couples do not use rings (wedding or engagement). They don't believe in rings... Joining is done with a Bible and not a ring... Now don't tell me they are poor smiley The general overseer Pastor is rich enough to buy the whole of Congo...

2. The equivalent of $5000 in Nigerian currency (naira) is N786,850.
N786,850 is far more than what most profesors earn a Month in Nigeria.

3. Remember you're in a Nigerian forum, and not a congolese's, american or chinese.. So dear, mind your figures or better still consult your rich fellas....

I'll keep up my hustling but pls, always remember the word "moderation" in all you set/plan to do...

Cheers smiley cool
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:28am On Mar 05, 2013
adconline: When was the last time u gave urself a $15k gift? Should u not love urself more?

I don't just spend money on myself. I spoil my friends and family too. The last time I spent LOTS of money, I paid for a trip with my 3 friends to Ibiza. We were there for about 10 days. I also give 10% to God. As I mentioned earlier, I am able to buy whatever I want. My man is the most spoiled man. I treat him like a KING & he knows that. This discussion was supposed to be about engagement rings -- I am shocked to see how you have all attacked my personal life. It's also sad to see how many of you tried to assassinate my character.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:33am On Mar 05, 2013
Acidosis:

1. In some churches here in Nigeria, couples and intending couples do not use rings (wedding or engagement). They don't believe in rings... Joining is done with a Bible and not a ring... Now don't tell me they are poor smiley The general overseer Pastor is rich enough to buy the whole of Congo...

2. The equivalent of $5000 in Nigerian currency (naira) is N786,850.
N786,850 is far more than what most profesors earn a Month in Nigeria.

3. Remember you're in a Nigerian forum, and not a congolese's, american or chinese.. So dear, mind your figures or better still consult your rich fellas....

I'll keep up my hustling but pls, always remember the word "moderation" in all you set/plan to do...

Cheers smiley cool

The $15, 000 was just an example I gave. I said for instance if he makes 5, 000 a month, it will be 15, 000. I was trying to elaborate on the 3-month salary tradition. If you make N300/month then it should be N900. Simple as that!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Acidosis(m): 12:36am On Mar 05, 2013
^ ^

"In 2013, I don't know any girl who owns an engagement ring that is less than $5,000."

-HisRib

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Dyt(f): 12:37am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

I have already settled down. I am in a committed relationship with a man I LOVE very much. We are ready to take it to the next step. He will get me the ring of my dreams because he says I deserve it. I couldn't be happier.

Awww
So swt
Abeg link me wit dat guys alike
I like 2 b spoiled to
Giggles
Giggles!!
Giggling!!!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by jmoore(m): 12:39am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

The $15, 000 was just an example I gave. I said for instance if he makes 5, 000 a month, it will be 15, 000. I was trying to elaborate on the 3-month salary tradition. If you make N300/month then it should be N900. Simple as that!
100% of his salary for three months because of engagement ring. Are u a scammer?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Acidosis(m): 12:39am On Mar 05, 2013
Dyt:

Awww
So swt
I like 2 b spoiled to
Giggles
Giggles!!
Giggling!!!
I dey your back grin No time
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:39am On Mar 05, 2013
Dyt:

Awww
So swt
I like 2 b spoiled to
Giggles
Giggles!!
Giggling!!!

Lol. :-)
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 05, 2013
jmoore:
100% of his salary for three months because of engagement ring. Are u a scammer?

No! She just "knows her worth" undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by 2goodbobo(m): 12:41am On Mar 05, 2013
Ok ayaaf heard you. Shebi he said he will get you the ring of your dream? So I wish you all the best. Case close.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:41am On Mar 05, 2013
jmoore:

I heard in some cases in can be month's salary. It all depends. I prefer the 3-months though. Oh, and to answer your question, no I am not a scammer.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:42am On Mar 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

No! She just "knows her worth" undecided undecided

Yes mam!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Dyt(f): 12:43am On Mar 05, 2013
Acidosis:
I dey your back grin No time

So I shld b expectin a ring worth £40k?
Even more expensive dan d OPs?
Wow
Am blessed
Come closer baby
Come chop these lips
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Dyt(f): 12:44am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Lol. :-)

Don't jst laugh
Send me a Pm me sharp sharp
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Yes mam!

Mtchew angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:45am On Mar 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Mtchew angry
Hey! B nice.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 05, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Hey! B nice.. grin grin grin

That was a lot nicer than what else I was going to say..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:47am On Mar 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

That was a lot nicer than what else I was going to say..

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Dyt(f): 12:48am On Mar 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Mtchew angry

Now dis got me laughin so hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Could She Be A Lez?...help Friends / ...what To Do When She Fainted During SEX....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.