Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? (6806 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / Guys: What Is The Highest Amount You Would Spend On A First Date? / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:51am On Mar 05, 2013
I am DONE arguing with you all. I should have expected this reaction from you all. If I came in here and said something in the tune of "I love broke men" I am sure I would have been the forum's favorite gal. If you are looking for someone to stroke your ego -- it ain't gonna be me. I TELL it like it is! I am saying what every woman is thinking. NO woman wants a raggedy engagement ring. As I mentioned earlier we all aim HIGH, some get there and others settle. It's NOT just in relationships/love but in everything -- even careers/education. I am being honest with YOU and myself. Half the people married these days aren't happy in their marriage. Go FIGURE!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Dyt(f): 12:55am On Mar 05, 2013
U don't nid 2 cry babe
Y are u guys makin dis poor gal cry now
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 1:37am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Thank you! I agree with you. Just to make another point I have my own money. I can buy anything for myself. I was just refering to wanting a gorgeous engagement ring from my man. If it wasn't for engagement purposes I could very well purchase it myself.

Go purchase it yourself.Go marry yourself.Kilo big deal? undecided
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 05, 2013
@Op, maybe you want and expensive ring. You can want anything but it's not ur decision to make but man's who is asking you to marry him. By the time u're so in love, trust me the cost of the ring won't matter.
That by the side. I think silver or platinum is classy. I would like to get my wife a classy ring. I dnt knw ow much this things cost but being the kind of person I am with a high taste, the ring is bound to be averagely expensive. I prefer to draw out of money meant for the wedding ceremony to get a classy ring. The ring is permanent bt the wedding ceremony is not. And yes I can save for a ring too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 1:41am On Mar 05, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Yeah yeah! Even beggars would come online and claim dey own Bar-beach. Na2day?

This one wey Idowuogbo don wake up.Na serious matter o. grin
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 1:49am On Mar 05, 2013
Dyt: U don't nid 2 cry babe
Y are u guys makin dis poor gal cry now

Dyt. It's all about attitude.I have nothing against the girl wanting good things.It's just her attitude.Like it's either this or never kind of girl.The truth is that I can spend much more for a girl I truly love and desire if I know she's an asset worth having but telling me to buy her an engagement ring worth 3 months of my sweat even before I propose may make me think twice about her. Na Jazz?
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 1:58am On Mar 05, 2013
I even forgot to mention that I'm the village headmaster. grin grin
2goodbobo: When all fingers are pointing to you, then their is something wrong. Nobody is saying you should not get what you want, but learn to be considerate. What if he can't afford such amount of ring? What if he wakes up one morning and give you a ring that is not worth the amount you wanted? What will you do? Will you reject it?

Between is very wrong for you to construe that we are "villagers" in these forum simply because almost everybody is not in consonant with you.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 2:00am On Mar 05, 2013
Acidosis: $15K for engagement ring I dey mad??

A graduate Nigerian soldier for instance would have to carry a gun and risk his life for 10months to save that amount (no feeding from the money, no purchase, no donations, nothing!) smiley

Again I say; I dey mad?

grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 2:10am On Mar 05, 2013
Is half albino allowed? grin grin

Acidosis:
I'm tired of hearing/seeing half this & that!
You're congolese living in Chinese
or
Your Dad is Congolese married to a chinese (mum)

Either way, you're still a Congolese!

So ma, where and when (22+years ago) did Dad proposed to mum?
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 2:14am On Mar 05, 2013
jmoore:
Anyone can claim to be Bill Gates child in an anonymous forum

$15,000 or $25,000 ring is not a
shocker to me.

The money is not the problem, your attitude towards the ring is the problem .

Seconded.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 2:16am On Mar 05, 2013
12 inches!:
@Op, maybe you want and expensive ring. You can want anything but it's not ur decision to make but man's who is asking you to marry him. By the time u're so in love, trust me the cost of the ring won't matter.
That by the side. I think silver or platinum is classy. I would like to get my wife a classy ring. I dnt knw ow much this things cost but being the kind of person I am with a high taste, the ring is bound to be averagely expensive. I prefer to draw out of money meant for the wedding ceremony to get a classy ring. The ring is permanent bt the wedding ceremony is not. And yes I can save for a ring too.

Hello! FINALLY a real man! Thank you for being honest. I agree with you, but the reason I want to choose my own ring is: 1) I want to make sure I like. I wouldn't want my babe to spend thousands of dollars on a ring I don't like. Most of my friends picked their own too. Unless you know your girl's taste very well & you are SURE she will like it, go ahead and buy. Also, I agree it's okay to save money to get your significant other a gift. There is NOTHING wrong with that. I can tell you are romantic, your woman is definitely a lucky one!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 2:19am On Mar 05, 2013
Kirinwa:

Dyt. It's all about attitude.I have nothing against the girl wanting good things.It's just her attitude.Like it's either this or never kind of girl.The truth is that I can spend much more for a girl I truly love and desire if I know she's an asset worth having but telling me to buy her an engagement ring worth 3 months of my sweat even before I propose may make me think twice about her. Na Jazz?

She shouldn't have to tell you. You should know. It's automatic. I don't have to tell my man, he KNOWS!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 2:23am On Mar 05, 2013
Kirinwa:

So you just said you will only spend on your girl if you know she's an asset? You think it's okay to think that way? Lol. I pity the women that will marry you! Lol
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 05, 2013
My dear don't let anyone make you feel bad. We all place value on different things and there is nothing wrong with wanting what you want. The good part is you are upfront about your expectations. As for me I think a months salary should be spent on the engagement ring. As you pointed out its something most women will wear forever. For someone like myself who wears very little jewelry, an engagement ring makes you feel instantly dressed up.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 2:29am On Mar 05, 2013
tatiana009: My dear don't let anyone make you feel bad. We all place value on different things and there is nothing wrong with wanting what you want. The good part is you are upfront about your expectations. As for me I think a months salary should be spent on the engagement ring. As you pointed out its something most women will wear forever. For someone like myself who wears very little jewelry, an engagement ring makes you feel instantly dressed up.

A Month's salary is definitely fine also. Thanks for your comment. :-)
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 05, 2013
topup:

...our worth is not defined by the price and worth of objects given to us....

Nicely stated.

I know my worth is not.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 6:15am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

So you just said you will only spend on your girl if you know she's an asset? You think it's okay to think that way? Lol. I pity the women that will marry you! Lol

Otuocha.I mean ouch!I can't spend that much on someone like you because I have already weighed you and found you wanting.That's why I made that statement.See where I said I didn't mind buying a diamond ring for someone.It's all about how I perceive you not a function of what you tell me.As a matter of fact you have no business telling a guy the kind of ring to get for you even before proposal.Proposal is meant to be a SURPRISE!

As for the dude you say is interested in you. You better leave this thread and RUSH him before he changes his mind about you.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 6:22am On Mar 05, 2013
Kirinwa:

Otuocha.I mean ouch!I can't spend that much on someone like you because I have already weighed you and found you wanting.That's why I made that statement.See where I said I didn't mind buying a diamond ring for someone.It's all about how I perceive you not a function of what you tell me.As a matter of fact you have no business telling a guy the kind of ring to get for you even before proposal.Proposal is meant to be a SURPRISE!

As for the dude you say is interested in you. You better leave this thread and RUSH him before he changes his mind about you.

LOL! I don't know what village you come from but here women can pick their own rings & stated why earlier. As for my dude he's not just "interested" in me. He's MY man. As for getting me the ring, I didn't have to ask -- my man is a REAL man. He knows what I deserve. A man like you could NEVER be with a woman such as myself. We are not in the same league.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

LOL! I don't know what village you come from but here women can pick their own rings & stated why earlier. As for my dude he's not just "interested" in me. He's MY man. As for getting me the ring, I didn't have to ask -- my man is a REAL man. He knows what I deserve. A man like you could NEVER be with a woman such as myself. We are not in the same league.

No fex.I told you am the village headmaster. cryNow you're talking about league. Is it La liga, Bundesliga,or Premier league? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Dyt(f): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2013
^ u don dey like dis gyel
Talk true
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Kirinwa:

No fex.I told you am the village headmaster. cryNow you're talking about league. Is it La liga, Bundesliga,or Premier league? grin

None of the above. Step your game up son. You're looking really salty. :-)
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 6:35am On Mar 05, 2013
Dyt: ^ u don dey like dis gyel
Talk true

Of course Kirinwa doesn't like me. I'm a broke negro's nightmare.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Yvete(f): 6:55am On Mar 05, 2013
Different strokes for different folks!

Though I prefer a low-key wedding, the rings has to be stunning. I would not be pleased with something that looks like a foil paper plastered on my ring finger, cool lipsrsealed but then, in sincerity, it would be genuinely heartbreaking to watch a low-income fiance use up all his earnings on a ring. As time progresses, I would expect a real man to upgrade it when he can afford something better.
This talk about the 2-3 months salary ring is common among female corporate circles. I hear it all the time, but I doubt that Nigerian men work that way. No biggie.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 6:56am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Of course Kirinwa doesn't like me. I'm a broke negro's nightmare.

shocked shocked grin grin
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Hello! FINALLY a real man! Thank you for being honest. I agree with you, but the reason I want to choose my own ring is: 1) I want to make sure I like. I wouldn't want my babe to spend thousands of dollars on a ring I don't like. Most of my friends picked their own too. Unless you know your girl's taste very well & you are SURE she will like it, go ahead and buy. Also, I agree it's okay to save money to get your significant other a gift. There is NOTHING wrong with that. I can tell you are romantic, your woman is definitely a lucky one!

Don't be too comfortable just yet. Check my other comments. I'm with pleep, sagamite and the likes.
I refuse to accept to be called that term "real man." To be realistic, I doubt if I'm a man yet. A man is someone who is working and fending for a family; none of which I'm doing yet. And to me a real man as u babes call it is a "pucci-man" which I cn never be.

And no, you will not be allowed to follow me go pick the ring. You can indirectly tell me what you like so if I choose to eventually marry u, I'll get u something in that line. It's a love gift from me to u and it should be a surprise gift. And trust me it would be DEFINITELY something u like. I'll do my homework well. Unless u're not the first person I asked to marry me in which case the rings will be RECYCLED. That is my principle.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 05, 2013
I think I have a problem with the way many babes are reasoning down here. They are more concerned about the amount of months of my salary that would be used to buy the ring. That is greedy. What if I'm working in say in an organisation that pays me 1.5million every month. So u expect me to carry two or three months of that and buy u a ring then u must be completely out of your mind. Notwithstanding, I can save up for a whole year to get a perfect ring for my future wife.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 7:10am On Mar 05, 2013
The babe eye dey choke no be small. grin
Real man = Mugu. The type that eats onions while you eat Suya.She even suggested the guy getting a cheaper one for himself while satisfying her fantasy.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by 2goodbobo(m): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2013
Kirinwa:

Bros you forget to add Indian League sef. Lol
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by 2goodbobo(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Your statement only typifies how arrogant you are. What has class or league got to do with this? Believe me when I say out of 100% of men in this forum that are going through your comments and counter comments, only 7% of them will be willing to settle down with you and even the 7% will only do that not because they will love you, but because they will want to milk your proclaim " money".

You better work on your attitude because after all said and done, the same Man you call your own, might dump you and go for a well mannered girl and not a Rich gurl like you. Your ego is just to high so work on it. You have other better ways of making you point know but instead you chose a very arrogant way of passing your message. Smh

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 10:04am On Mar 05, 2013
^^^ View above comment by 2good as best advice thus far.Accept it in good faith or get prepared for a shocker.Hope you don't come back here with a thread like, ''My Fiance jilted me 3 Months to Wedding".
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
I know better than to take advoce from random people on some forum. I know who I am and those who know me LOVE me. The ONLY reason I talked about my own money was because you people claimed I am a gold digger. I had to defend myself. Now you are mad 'cause I said I have money. LOL. I just can't win with you people.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by adconline(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
Why do some women want their men to spend 3-month salary on a ring? Why expect a guy to spend $10k to $15k on a ring while you have not in your life treated yourself to a $5k gift? It seems some women are looking for men who can pay for the lives/luxury their parents could not afford for them!
Don't be high maintenance when dudes are picking up the tab, but resort to ur penny and coupon pinching lifestyle when dudes are gone. It's sheer greed and gold digging!
On average, 23-yr olds do not make 6-figure salary, so there is no way you can afford the lifestyle you are craving for, unless it's underwritten by ur " parents" . I'd like to know your stance when you completely work and fend for urself without any form of assistance .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / If Shes Your Daughter What Name Would You Call Her (photo's) / Women Describes How They Truly Feel About Their Honey Pot Read 18+(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.