Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? (6802 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / Guys: What Is The Highest Amount You Would Spend On A First Date? / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Um excuse me? What does me wanting a beautiful engagement ring have to do with me and my people draining his money? It has nothing to do with my people. I just don't see why a man wouldn't want to propose by giving his future wife a beautiful ring. If he can't afford it -- that's understandble. But, I don't plan on marrying a man who is incapable of giving me what I need/want.
Uumm young woman, I think u shld start saving d money urself den he will add something 2 make it up 4 u.. I can see u dnt knw d value of money dats why u re hoping on such amount just 4 an engagement ring. How can u even think of dat? May be u re a lazy type dat can't hustle... Wat will such man gain 4rm u? Is it mere punny?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
ekenedegreat: Uumm young woman, I think u shld start saving d money urself den he will add something 2 make it up 4 u.. I can see u dnt knw d value of money dats why u re hoping on such amount just 4 an engagement ring. How can u even think of dat? May be u re a lazy type dat can't hustle... Wat will such man gain 4rm u? Is it mere punny?

Clearly you have not been reading my posts. I have a job, don't need a man to take care of me. This discussion was ONLY about engagement rings.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
adconline: Why do some women want their men to spend 3-month salary on a ring? Why expect a guy to spend $10k to $15k on a ring while you have not in your life treated yourself to a $5k gift? It seems some women are looking for men who can pay for the lives/luxury their parents could not afford for them!
Don't be high maintenance when dudes are picking up the tab, but resort to ur penny and coupon pinching lifestyle when dudes are gone. It's sheer greed and gold digging!
On average, 23-yr olds do not make 6-figure salary, so there is no way you can afford the lifestyle you are craving for, unless it's underwritten by ur " parents" . I'd like to know your stance when you completely work and fend for urself without any form of assistance .

I have a good job, and on top of that I own a boutique & a salon. Yes I started my businesses with the money I receive from my parents. What's wrong with that? At least I didn't waste it on foolish things!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
HisRib:

To each his own. But, women like you are the first ones to envy women who get nice/expensive gifts from their husbands. I'm simply being honest by saying I want a beautiful ring. I'm not an hypocrite.

Why are you so sure she\he is a hypocrite?
Why are you so sure she/he is envious of other women's engagement rings?
Why are you attacking someone who shared her/his own view on your question?
Just what exactky do you want to hear?
An echo of your wishes?
Or are you so sure because you speak from your own expetiences and feelings?
Please dont see this as an attack, although i know you would.
I am just curious about you and a lot of nairalanders who share posts to ask quesyions yet are angry when people reply or answer them.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by emexodoms: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hmmm I pity ur husband

HisRib:
A Colleague and I were discussing this topic & she said that normally an engagement ring should amount up to 3 months worth of salary. So if the man makes $5, 000/month, it should be $15, 000. I agree with her, after all it's a ring a woman wears for the REST of her life. It has to be a ring she loves. Men these days are just too cheap. Whatever happened to the real men who take pride in making sure their women are always well taken care of. Anyways, my engagement ring must be bought from Tiffany & Co and it can't be less than $15, 000. Know your worth ladies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Funny And Weird Phobias Here!!!...(list Of Mine Below) / Please Rate These Sexy Photos I Drew With My Phone. / Why Don't You Guys Like Women Who Look Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.