Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (550393 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by blueeyes1: 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
texanomaly: my Pidgin small small. maybe no sabi am
you dey try.grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
blue eyes1: you dey try.grin

Thank you
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
sigh...I dey go soon... sad Read tomorrow...(hangs head)
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Tgold1(m): 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
flow1759:

Am not ignoring you, atleast now you know.

So, Male or Female? Or both?

choow!!! See me see wahala o, unto say i be ur fan na im mak me don turn Amaphroboy[amaphrodaite]
Wel as u see me so i be dat kin human specie wey get 3 Legs,[uku I uku] ama dude, adventurer.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by bammo: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
flow1759:

I am an Ibo boy, but in this story i said a Snake isn't as dangerous as an Ibo person. I don curse Ibo tayah na.

Some people love their tribe so much as if they told God the tribe they would like to be before they were born.

No pun intended, especially Yorubas. I have been with them almost all my life, so i know what i am saying.

After una go say una want one Nigeria.

Thats why i love Ibos, they can eat Amala for Breakfast, Tuwo shinkafa for Lunch, and Akpu for Dinner. Little wonder you find them in the Cardinal points of Nigeria.

Nigeria go better, but it begins with you.

STILL I FLOW.
i knew u were tryin 2 put a smile on our faces . But i'm just saying that what u see as just a joke could mean alot 2 some. Pls just luk at it frm another angle. I'm nt an housa, But i hav gud hausa frnds and i knw hw they would feel if they read this. I'm also following this thread and i'm nt trying 2 derail it. Thanks.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
13 peeps and one guest. how do u say: is that u Flow? in Pidgin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
sad L8r sad
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
D.amn!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by jslimz(f): 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
texanomaly: 13 peeps and one guest. how do u say: is that u Flow? in Pidgin

U say, "Flow na u b that?"
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 1:03am On Jun 12, 2013
"Man you bad oh, see as you use your Taley stop that fight wey Papa Ejima and Haruna dey fight that day, guy you get sense no be small" I said to Man two days later.

I was beginning to Love Man, no g'.ayism pls. He could be best described as my brother from another Mother. He had done it all, he had seen it all, and he had also said it all. What more can i say, he was numero uno in all and Sundry. At 24 he had done what a 94years old had not done.

"i just want make them stop the fight nahim make me dey laugh as that bottle land for my head" Man replied.

"but guy i think say you don mad oh, i swear" I said.

"how i go mad?" He answered.

"ehen! wetin you say you score for JAMB sef?" Brainbox asked Man.

"oboy i score 600 oh" He answered.

"ehennn! this your big head nahim you use write JAMB com score 600 out of 400? That means say JAMB dey owe you 200" Brainbox tapped Man on the head.

"guy no ever slap my head again, unless you wan turn to Lizard" Man warned.

"which one be say if person slap you small for head him go turn to Lizard na? Abi your head na Gold?" I queried.

His head really shone like Gold. It was Pure Gold and Egg-shaped. Walking with him, one wouldn't need to look for a mirror, his head was mirror. Walking with him, one wouldn't need to also look for a Map, his head was Map of the World.

Man was really scaring me like a wild animal by the day. I saw him as a devil incanate. To make matters worse, he wore a new bald look.

My people make una imagine say person wey him skin black like back of Pot com go barb Afarikorodo style, and that same person na Talley Master, shey you no go dream bad dream if you sleep near the person for night?

So i promised myself i wouldn't sleep by the side of Man no matter what. It was better i slept outside the room than for me to sleep by the side of a Lord Spiritual.

"I don tell you oh, if you slap my head again, anything wey happen to you, take am like that oh" Man warned.

"okay we don hear, wetin you get for JAMB na?" Tupac asked.

"na my JAMB result be this" He brought out a sheet of paper from his pocket and handed it over to Tupac.

"wetin be him score?" I curiously asked.

Tupac smiled and said; "him score na two ninety". I thought i heard ninety, so i started laughing.

"why you dey laugh na? No be better result?" Man asked.

"you get 90 out of 400 and you dey ask me whether na better result, e be like say you get malaria oh" I said with all the part of my body laughing.

"na your Papa nahim get 90, no be me" He cursed.

"my Papa no write JAMB na" I answered.

"no be 90 you get?" I queried.

"Flow no be 90 him get oh, na 290" Tupac corrected me.

"okay 290, i think say na 90 you talk oh" I said.

"Flow so your prayer na make i get 90 for JAMB abi? you no want my progress, You be my enemy ba?" Man mentioned.

"no na, i no hear wetin Tupac talk well, how i go be your enemy" I said.

How would i find enemity in no one else but Man. Man the "Dibia". Unless of course i would love to see how life is in the animal world of a Lizard.

Dibia is not referring to a short form of the Surname of the Nigerian Musician Tuface Idibia. What the Yorubas call Babalawo is what the Ibos call Dibia.

"guy you try oh, which school you choose sef?" Bigie asked.

"na FUTO oh" Man answered.

"FUTO na my former school na, me and Tupac rugged that school no be small" Bigie said.

"try make you play Egede oh, na the Game wey we play that time wey we dey there" Tupac advised.

Egede here is not referring to "plaintain" which is "Ogede" in Yoruba language. It is the name members call themselves. What i so loved about members was how they start a conversation when they call themselves on phone, they replace saying "Hello!!" with saying "Egede melody!!".

"how i go join cult, i dey craze?" Man said.

I was sure he wouldn't join a cult, he would own a cult. With his Talley talent, he could easily get followers. Or so i tot.

"i wan do all of una well oh" Tupac announced.

He never meant he wanted to dig us a Well, he meant he wanted to buy us food. That was the slang He and Bigie manufactured.

"you be correct man, i dey hungry well well sef" Brainbox said.

"Brainbox you be Natty, you too like food" I said.

Natty isn't a short form for the name of the American musician Nate Dog(of blessed memory), it was gotten from the name of the award winning glutton Natty in the comedy soap opera; "The Masquerade" featuring Chief Zebrudia.

"make we go chop for Obele eatery na" Man made it sounded like Obele canteen was as beautiful as Crunchies Owerri. Or like it was a Chinese restaurant.

"where be Obele eatery?" Tupac asked.

"when we reach there you go know" was Man's answer.

4 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 1:11am On Jun 12, 2013
Kingso23: ...''Flow!, Flow!!'' stll no answer ''smsh mke i go bakyrd go moke 1 rap of igbo generously laced wf S .K so dt i go fit reason whre dz boy put head'' or so i tot, as i near bkyrd i come de hear some kind noise ...'uuuugh yeeeeeeehhh, harder baby, yeeeesss'... ''Whre dz noise de come 4rom na?'' i tot, as i waka go front small e come be say na 4rom kate window as i say mke i peep see wetin de hapen, wetin my eyes see authomatically send signal give my john thomas wer quickly raise head like agama lizard, ''eeeeeeeeehhhhhhh, so dm kate nd mama Ejima plan nw na to use kpoma kill flow eh? Una plan dn fail,'' or so i tot, i jejely romove my jeans hold 4 hand dn i jump enter d room through window, naso i see flow, mama ejima nd kate dm fear as dn suprise as dm see me '' oya mke una no fear, na as i see say una de play 2 against 1 nahim mke i say mke i come rescue flow wt my weapon of kpomo distruction'' naso i grab kate heavy bumper, connect am 4rom bk dn begin hammer...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Kingso23 you got me cracking with this.

You are very funny. Or so i tot.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 1:16am On Jun 12, 2013
At this Ungodly hour, people are still viewing. Una no dey sleep?

For all you w'itches and w'izards that don't sleep at night, thats another update to keep you busy. grin grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 1:20am On Jun 12, 2013
j-slimz:

U say, "Flow na u b that?"
Thank you
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 1:27am On Jun 12, 2013
Thank you Flow kiss I told u e no bi late in America. I go go bed l8r. U never disappoint when u update. Still lovin' this story.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Lanceslot(m): 1:43am On Jun 12, 2013
Weldon nwa afo flow... Oya follow me, u're invited to our midnyt meeting.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by nuwell(m): 6:28am On Jun 12, 2013
texanomaly: Thank you Flow kiss I told u e no bi late in America. I go go bed l8r. U never disappoint when u update. Still lovin' this story.

I'm actually impressed with your attempts at pidgin.So I'll help out some. Say the above like this:

'Thank you Flow.I don tell u say night never reach for America.I go sleep later. U no dey disappoint for this your tori/yarns.'
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 6:41am On Jun 12, 2013
texanomaly:
Thank you

You really don't know how to speak and write Pidgin? Are you kidding me? Are you for real?

Then how have you been reading this story?

Are you a Nigerian at all? Or you are from Swaziland?

because i hardly have seen a Nigerian home and abroad that does'nt understand Pidgin, even my 11years old Ajebutter cousin wey dey form yanky pekin dey scatter pidgin, take less of you wey dem born here.

Tell us true na!!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dhrey: 6:51am On Jun 12, 2013
texanomaly: my Pidgin small small. maybe no sabi am
if u really want to knw how to speak and write in pidgin just email me @dhareywilliams@yahoo.com
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dhrey: 7:05am On Jun 12, 2013
bammo:
what if i were?
that's your problem not mine.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 7:27am On Jun 12, 2013
nu-well:

I'm actually impressed with your attempts at pidgin.So I'll help out some. Say the above like this:

'Thank you Flow.I don tell u say night never reach for America.I go sleep later. U no dey disappoint for this your tori/yarns.'
Cheers
Thanks
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 7:47am On Jun 12, 2013
flow1759:

You really don't know how to speak and write Pidgin? Are you kidding me? Are you for real?

Then how have you been reading this story?

Are you a Nigerian at all? Or you are from Swaziland?

because i hardly have seen a Nigerian home and abroad that does'nt understand Pidgin, even my 11years old Ajebutter cousin wey dey form yanky pekin dey scatter pidgin, take less of you wey dem born here.

Tell us true na!!

Flow, I never said I was Nigerian. I will write this in English, my first language. I have never stepped foot in Africa, much less Nigeria. I was born in LA, California USA. I was, however, raised in Arizona and Texas USA. I went to college in Provo Utah, USA @ Brigham Young University. I majored in English. Languages have always come easy to me. I click with them somehow. I am an English teacher in a city in Texas. I learned the little I know of Pidgin on Google, and here in NL. I also have some friends in Nigeria, as I said somewhere here in NL. I can't remember where I wrote it. They live in Ikorodu, Lagos and on Victoria Island. I don't know how to say or write Pidgin very well, but "I go learn." I can read your story, because I have learned enough to piece things together. I don't always understand all of it, but I get the gist. What I don't know, I ask my friends, or I look it up. I'm sorry if I have offended or upset you in some way. I do enjoy your story. It makes me laugh. I will continue to follow. Again, it was never my intention to upset you.

As "I" flow O! Tex

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by backtop(f): 7:57am On Jun 12, 2013
Ur tori dey sweet •̸Ϟ ̷̷̴̐͠€ oooooo, more more.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Madawaki01(m): 8:41am On Jun 12, 2013
texanomaly:

Flow, I never said I was a Nigerian. I will write this in English, my first language. I have never stepped foot in Africa, much less Nigeria. I was born in LA, California USA. I was, however, raised in Arizona and Texas USA. I went to college in Provo Utah, USA @ Brigham Young University. I majored in English. Languages have always come easy to me. I click with them somehow. undecided I am an English teacher in a city in Texas. I learned the little I know of Pidgin on Google, and here in NL. I also have some friends in Nigeria, as I said somewhere here in NL. I can't remember where I wrote it. They live in Ikorodu, Lagos and on Victoria Island respectively. I don't know how to say or write Pidgin very well, but "I go learn." "I GO SABI AM" I can read your story because I have learned enough to piece things together. I don't always understand all of it, but I get the gist. What I don't know, I ask my friends, or I look it up. I'm sorry if I have offended or upset you in some way. I do enjoy your story. It makes me laugh. I will continue to follow. Again, it was never my intention to upset you.

As "I" flow O! Tex
A YAFF DIE
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 8:43am On Jun 12, 2013
Madawaki01:
A YAFF DIE

I go sabi am. Thank you. And stop laughing at me. tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Warlord3000(m): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2013
It means .. Laff wan scatter my brain for here ooo smiley

@Tex... Flow wasn't upset... Just a little surprise..

I guess now he knows better more about U̶̲̥̅̊.

And that's why he tries to explain some local dialects word coined into pidgin english as much as possible.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2013
Stop quoting nd update
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by valboy20(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2013
texanomaly:

Flow, I never said I was a Nigerian. I will write this in English, my first language. I have never stepped foot in Africa, much less Nigeria. I was born in LA, California USA. I was, however, raised in Arizona and Texas USA. I went to college in Provo Utah, USA @ Brigham Young University. I majored in English. Languages have always come easy to me. I click with them somehow. undecided I am an English teacher in a city in Texas. I learned the little I know of Pidgin on Google, and here in NL. I also have some friends in Nigeria, as I said somewhere here in NL. I can't remember where I wrote it. They live in Ikorodu, Lagos and on Victoria Island. I don't know how to say or write Pidgin very well, but "I go learn." I can read your story, because I have learned enough to piece things together. I don't always understand all of it, but I get the gist. What I don't know, I ask my friends, or I look it up. I'm sorry if I have offended or upset you in some way. I do enjoy your story. It makes me laugh. I will continue to follow. Again, it was never my intention to upset you.

As "I" flow O! Tex

welcome to comrade flow hypertension clinic
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 9:12am On Jun 12, 2013
@warlord3000 Thanks for that but...everyone will be mad at me soon if this derails the thread.
@valboy20 grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2013
Flow where u dey since sef. No vex. Commot play am. LOL Is that right?
I stopped crying about 10 minutes ago. It's all good.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by nuwell(m): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2013
texanomaly: Flow where u dey since sef. No vex. Commot play am. LOL Is that right?
I stopped crying about 10 minutes ago. It's all good.

All good. Except the bolded. What are you trying to say?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by nuwell(m): 9:49am On Jun 12, 2013
Mr. Flow, at this point I have to confess that this ya tale is....HILARIOUS! Walahi! I must confess because I cannot follow silently again. Nna, you supposed start rib marketing and distribution network alongside your Hypertension Clinic (according to valboy). Money go flow wella o. Abeg dey fire dey go joor
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2013
nu-well:

All good. Except the bolded. What are you trying to say?
I said: Where have you been all this time? Don't be angry. Come out and play. The rest is in English. Is it not right. Fix please. That is how I learn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.