Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (30222 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

Are you saying Oshiomole is a foool and fellow fraudster for commissioning and praising the work? Simple question.
why would I call anyone a fool? Just answer the question is 10-40% of hundred what Nigeria needs now? Just look at our past rulers, its not like they didn't do anything, they just didn't do enough and that is the line GEJ is towing now. If we look at his administration in 15-20 years would it stand out from the others? If not, then I see no need for the standing ovation you are saying he deserves.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by DonaldGenes(m): 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
sheyie2007: This is not an airport angry this time next year you'll see gala kiosk in front of it.
Lol! To me it is fair to middling anyway
They tried!!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by DonaldGenes(m): 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=Ada Nri1]why would I call anyone a fool? Just answer the question is 10-40% of hundred what Nigeria needs now? Just look at our past rulers, its not like they didn't do anything, they just didn't do enough and that is the line GEJ is towing now. If we look at his administration in 15-20 years would it stand out from the others? If not, then I see no need for the standing ovation you are saying he deserves.[/quote
10/10]muaaaaaaaaah for that
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Rossikk(m): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
ba7man: My friend just saw this thread and said....."This is one of the best looking local Airports he's seen in Nigeria, that the others look like Bungalows". We Nigerians have been in the dark for too long so any glimmer of candle-light is celebrated. Those that criticize this projects do so because they have been exposed to better environments. Those that support it do so because they're experiencing a change for once in a long time. Figure out where you stand.

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. Those that support it do so not because they haven't seen Heathrow or JFK, but because they are sensible enough to understand that when a govt undertakes to remodel 15 airports, you should not expect each of the hitherto decrepit airports to suddenly start to look like Rome and Dubai Airport. They know that the budget for building Rome and Dubai airports is on a different scale to what was budgeted for these airport renovations. Lastly, they understand that the Benin airport is not yet fully completed, and is yet to undergo the landscaping and final finishing & equipping of the interior. They also realize that we cannot really make out the quality and scale of the renovation merely by viewing two pictures of the complex online.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by monkeyleg: 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
Listen. My beef with this thing of an airport is the quality of work done. It will be unfair for me to compare apples with pears. so I will compare that crap with the Osubi airport in Warri. Judge for yourselves.

For anyone who has used the airport, surely you will agree that the finishing and quality of work is of the highest standard obtained in Africa. It is can be argued that this should be the adopted model for domestic airports. not too expensive with a classic architectural design that will not go out of fashion quickly. please this is not politics, it is just securing a better deal for all Nigerians, we must all learn to join hands and demand value for money.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
^^^
I like the interior of the Osubi airport. Hopefully, as time progresses, the Benin airport will wear a more glamorous look.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
its quite nice you know......have they finished with enugu yet ?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
adaobi123: its quite nice you know......have they finished with enugu yet ?

Enugu's own is still under construction. I guess it will be completed by the last quarter of this year or early next year.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan:

Enugu's own is still under construction. I guess it will be completed by the last quarter of this year or early next year.
good to hear
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by ba7man(m): 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
Rossikk:

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. Those that support it do so not because they haven't seen Heathrow or JFK, but because they are sensible enough to understand that when a govt undertakes to remodel 15 airports, you should not expect each of the hitherto decrepit airports to suddenly start to look like Rome and Dubai Airport. They know that the budget for building Rome and Dubai airports is on a different scale to what was budgeted for these airport renovations. Lastly, they understand that the Benin airport is not yet fully completed, and is yet to undergo the landscaping and final finishing & equipping of the interior. They also realize that we cannot really make out the quality and scale of the renovation merely by viewing two pictures of the complex online.

We are both saying the same thing but in your eagerness to use the lines "That is absolute rubbish" you failed to notice.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
manny4life:

Ok prove it, also prove that Nigeria's 2011 budget expense was $31billion? As of 2011, our total budget was way under $25billion, 2012 hovered around $26billion, 2013 was $32billion, so where did Nigeria's expense reach $31billion?
Prove
www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-74202.html
www.mobile.saharareporters.com/article/jonathan-and-31bn-question-nasir-ahmad-el-rufai
www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/01/nigerias-oil-exports-future-uncertain-report/
www.publicservice.co.uk/article.asp?publication=European%20Science%20and%20Technology&id=469&content_name=Research%20-%20National%20Perspectives%20-%20Italy&article=15730
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by jamesibor: 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
chucky234: Thats what I said and I have prove.

If I call you ODE or ITIBOLIBO now, the mod will ban me. The Italian budget for 2012 was; $1.014 trillion dollars. I no blame you sha, that's what poverty can do to someone's brain.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2056.html
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by jamesibor: 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
chucky234: In 2011 Italy expenditure were peg at US$27.34bn while Nigeria's expenditure for same year was US$31.9bn,why can't they give us something of equal standard or something close to what is obtainable in Italy.
You budgeted N700m for the renovation of a structure as important as a nation's international airport then end up spending N200m importing some fake chinko materials from China while stashing away the balance of N500m into the foreign bank accounts,people like who accept whatever our leaders gives us after they lavish billions and trillions are the reason why this country will never move forward.
Why can't we hold them accountable and stop praising them for every substandard infrastructure they put in place,imagine Fashola installed streetlights on a single road (Ikorodu) out of the more than a thousand roads and people suddenly clamouring for him to be the next president. What happen to the many poor people with pitiable living condition in areas like Ajegunle,Badia,Ijora,Mushin,Okokomaiko,Ajangbadi,Iba,Egbeda,Ipaja,Oshodi,Bariga,Ketu,Onireke,Agric,Orile,Amukoko,Olodi,Wilmer or was Fashola elected to govern only Ikoyi,Victoria Island,Surulere,Ikeja and Anthony?

If I call you ODE or ITIBOLIBO now, the mod will ban me. The Italian budget for 2012 was; $1.014 trillion dollars. I no blame you sha, that's what poverty can do to someone's brain.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by hardbody: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:
For the kind of traffic Benin airport sees, it is kinda small......unless of course it stretches way back. It's the next busiest airport after Lagos, Abuja, Warri and Enugu.

For heavens sakes, does someone have pics of inside the terminal?- toilets, gates, shops, etc; i'm tired of seeing only the entrance hall and a parking lot in need of some major landscaping work.

Really and truly, traffic to Benin is minimal, I have used that airport severally. However, when last I was there, a coupla months ago, it hadn't attained these standard, however, what I love most about the airport is the fact I just stroll out of the airport and there are bikes to fly me into town at minimal cost, same service I get in Lag but hardly from any other airport in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by otokx(m): 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2013
Osubi was done by SHELL who have some minimum standards.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by manny4life(m): 11:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
chucky234: Prove
www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-74202.html
www.mobile.saharareporters.com/article/jonathan-and-31bn-question-nasir-ahmad-el-rufai
www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/01/nigerias-oil-exports-future-uncertain-report/
www.publicservice.co.uk/article.asp?publication=European%20Science%20and%20Technology&id=469&content_name=Research%20-%20National%20Perspectives%20-%20Italy&article=15730

Giving me links is utter bullshit, why don't you read up the news and post a one or two lines or even a paragraph summary of each link.

I don't need a link to tell me that Nigeria's 2012 budget is what you're claiming as budget expense in 2011... BULLSHIT.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Andyforte: 7:18am On Mar 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Those looking for N100billion edifice should look elsewhere. Each of the 11 Airports are being re-modelled at an average cost of N700million, mostly by direct labour. There's no N100billion to spend on Airports.

The most important thing is to ensure our Airports attain the minimum international standard

Meanwhile, more pictures of the Benin Airport

This kind of hopeless altitude is our problem in this country. Is this what was done with almost one billion naira? Must they spend 100 billion before something will look great? Go and read about the Japanese airports and find out if they spent billions. Much of Japan sits on island with little or no mineral significance as compared to ours.

this kind of senseless attitude is y we have no sensible rail system, no industry, no 24 hours light, No power plan, just nothing

Every nation with a vision and identity has created icons and landmarks which has become a source of pride and drive for the business of tourism. E.g. Japan's indoor beach, Japan's airport, Australia's Sidney harbor, the Eiffel Tower, Dubai's offshore resort and the rest of their madness. I mean look at the the national arts theatre, that was a step in the right direction and I remember in my primary school days was some sort of identity for Nigeria.

Just look at this useless warehouse they say the revived for 700mil and called it an airport. I think we r more responsible for the wastage of our collective wealth than the state administrators are. Just know that the wealth we have is a blessing and opportunity. And as in the case of Dubai, it will not always be there.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Andyforte: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

Look, get this into your skull! Ytou are not speaking the truth! You are playing politics! And no one is deceived by your con post! The airport has been remodelled and it is very very ok for the level of traffic. What were you expecting to see? A large shopping mall? If the governor, Adams Oshiomole, an opposition governor who was just 2 weeks ago speaking against PDP can acknowledge that the job is great, then you are inconsequential and your partisan rant is meaningless! Did you read that radars and control tower and more were installed?

Some of you don't know when to do politics and when to shut up! If you think condeming eveything GEJ does will get APC the 2015 victory, then you know nothing! Edo state people are very glad about the airports new look and no amount of NL rant will change that!

I jus tire. Pls read all the conflicting rubbish u just posted here. I am Edo and am not glad about the airport. No make me vex o. This isa remodeled airport? For 700million? Is Adams not AC? So the airport was remodeled to accommodate the current traffic level? So what happens if traffic doubles next year? U remodel with another 700million? Come guy, lemme o! No DEY find my trouble o! Just leave me jeje as I DEY mind my business DEY go. Go and read about airports of the world first and come back. Japan's airport, after it hit its full daily capacity, extended and remodeled it so it can accommodate 20 million everyday.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Andyforte: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Kay see airport. No make me vex again o.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2013
james_ibor:

Is budget and expenditure the same thing? So who is the ODE here,imagine a daft half-educated combobulated brain goon trying to be relevant. Idio:t.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by IGBOSON1: 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
CFCfan:

^^^Please tell me you're joking! During the good governance tour, the information minister was told by the contractor handling Enugu airport that it would be ready by march (that's this month), and the minister told him that we're expecting him to keep to his word.

From what i saw, all that's left to be done is to put the glass claddings (if that's the right term) in place and finish the flooring.

Honestly, the snail pace these people are going at is soooooo annoying angry angry; it's taking these fools more than three years to build a small airport and this must be having a negative impact on the economy of Enugu in particular and South East in general.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by IGBOSON1: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06T-GZBKegU

At 12.30 you'll see where the minister told him to keep to his end of march promise (05.56), so the man should hurry the fuc/k up! angry angry
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by IGBOSON1: 2:22am On Apr 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06T-GZBKegU

At 12.30 you'll see where the minister told him to keep to his end of march promise (05.56), so the man should hurry the fuc/k up! angry angry

^^^This is 1st April, and Enugu airport should have been finished as the contractor promised (at 05.56 in the youtube video), so has anyone seen the finished product?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by vambi: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Rossikk:

The airport is not yet completed for goodness sake. Use your damned brain, fool!
your father fool,its just in ur lineage ur grand parents were imbeciles idiota

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State / Tinubu Vs DAAR Communications: Parties Failed To Settle Case Out Of Court (Pics) / Police Foil Cult Initiation Ceremony In Enugu, Arrest 24 Suspects (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.