Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (30221 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 7:51am On Mar 13, 2013
boladez: ................At least someone is thinking of working on the airports. Welldone to GEJ administration for that. The Benin airport is far better than the motor park it used to be. Me I dey praise who do good thing o.

The quality and finishing is the problem of Our people...give them contract they will mess up , give oyibo they will shout marginalisation.

When GEJ,minister of aviation and the contractor's insider takes their cut from the total contract sum where do you expect the contractor to get the additional funds with which to purchase quality materials from Turkey or England instead of patronising Chinese chinko,hence the poor finishing and substandard materials.
GEJ and his ministers should stop the idea of contractors lobbying them with certain percentage of the total awarded contract money,its killing this nation.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by ba7man(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2013
My friend just saw this thread and said....."This is one of the best looking local Airports he's seen in Nigeria, that the others look like Bungalows". We Nigerians have been in the dark for too long so any glimmer of candle-light is celebrated. Those that criticize this projects do so because they have been exposed to better environments. Those that support it do so because they're experiencing a change for once in a long time. Figure out where you stand.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by slimfit1(m): 8:00am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahaha not even a LAWMA old lady can sweep an umbrella, cos umbrella protects the body under rain and sun while the broom sweeps all dirt in sufferation. Now that African Progressive Congress have taken your acronym and logo, what should I call you ? Association of Confused Political Prostitutes ?

Well you just explained it all thank you, I'm sure if you know the meaning of what you just wrote your corrupt sponsors would sack you. So the umbrella is only protecting the corrupt basically while the broom sweep dirty like PDP which they have been doing.

The purpose of a party is to serve not to loot and protect thieves, I don't expect you to know that its not common with every PDP members they don't know so I'm not surprised these kind of statement is coming from you.
Do you know that a broom have more value than an umbrella at home. You use a broom every day and any where you only use an umbrella at a specific season and conditions.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by ba7man(m): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2013
From my own point of view, there might be nothing memorable about the Airport but at least, someone remembered to refurbish it though after a long time.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2013
ba7man: My friend just saw this thread and said....."This is one of the best looking local Airports he's seen in Nigeria, that the others look like Bungalows". We Nigerians have been in the dark for too long so any glimmer of candle-light is celebrated. Those that criticize this projects do so because they have been exposed to better environments. Those that support it do so because they're experiencing a change for once in a long time. Figure out where you stand.
You are right but a greater number of them also criticize because they expected nothing good to come out of Bethlehem. Rome was not built in a day. Your friend is apparently right in his untraveled wealth of experience, we should be thankful for the 'better' of 'availables', since apparently, someone somewhere in past administrations decided to concentrate wealth in Lagos and shut down even PH Airport for years in the name of renovation, just to make sure only Lagos and his surrogate Airline, (Arik Air) enjoys maximum traffic. OBJ is a very good man and the worst man I can say. A double faced leader who did all for only selfish interest. Now lets pass forward to GEJ, he has mandated that Airports be constructed and remodeled and traffic spread across all airports, its commendable. But those who criticize do so in naivety of Nigeria's socio-political history, where one man can shut down Calabar Port, Onitsha Port etc and direct all marine traffic to his state of interest (Lagos). Glory to West! And the Oil Wealth became the Spoils of War, Glory to North. GEJ will right all wrongs, lets vote him in 2015, cos we need more time, for more Fresher Air.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 8:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Ozonna:

Dude, I respectfully pointed out to you that you can't compare the airport in Rome to Benin airport and you insulted me. When what you should have done was show me the annual budget of Italy and that of Nigeria for us to compare both. From your other posts here I deduced that yoy're not civil @ all and its impossible for me to go down to your level.

In 2011 Italy expenditure were peg at US$27.34bn while Nigeria's expenditure for same year was US$31.9bn,why can't they give us something of equal standard or something close to what is obtainable in Italy.
You budgeted N700m for the renovation of a structure as important as a nation's international airport then end up spending N200m importing some fake chinko materials from China while stashing away the balance of N500m into the foreign bank accounts,people like who accept whatever our leaders gives us after they lavish billions and trillions are the reason why this country will never move forward.
Why can't we hold them accountable and stop praising them for every substandard infrastructure they put in place,imagine Fashola installed streetlights on a single road (Ikorodu) out of the more than a thousand roads and people suddenly clamouring for him to be the next president. What happen to the many poor people with pitiable living condition in areas like Ajegunle,Badia,Ijora,Mushin,Okokomaiko,Ajangbadi,Iba,Egbeda,Ipaja,Oshodi,Bariga,Ketu,Onireke,Agric,Orile,Amukoko,Olodi,Wilmer or was Fashola elected to govern only Ikoyi,Victoria Island,Surulere,Ikeja and Anthony?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2013
^^
Don't let Eko Ile, Gbawe and Demdem catch you o. grin grin
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Ozonna:

Dude, I respectfully pointed out to you that you can't compare the airport in Rome to Benin airport and you insulted me. When what you should have done was show me the annual budget of Italy and that of Nigeria for us to compare both. From your other posts here I deduced that yoy're not civil @ all and its impossible for me to go down to your level.

In 2011 Italy expenditure were peg at US$27.34bn while Nigeria's expenditure for same year was US$31.9bn,why can't they give us something of equal standard or something close to what is obtainable in Italy.
You budgeted N700m for the renovation of a structure as important as a nation's international airport then end up spending N200m importing some fake chinko materials from China while stashing away the balance of N500m into the foreign bank accounts,people like who accept whatever our leaders gives us after they lavish billions and trillions are the reason why this country will never move forward.
Why can't we hold them accountable and stop praising them for every substandard infrastructure they put in place,imagine Fashola installed streetlights on a single road (Ikorodu) out of the more than a thousand roads and people suddenly clamouring for him to be the next president. What happen to the many poor people with pitiable living condition in areas like Ajegunle,Badia,Ijora,Mushin,Okokomaiko,Ajangbadi,Iba,Egbeda,Ipaja,Oshodi,Bariga,Ketu,Onireke,Agric,Orile,Amukoko,Olodi,Wilmer or was Fashola elected to govern only Ikoyi,Victoria Island,Surulere,Ikeja and Anthony?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 8:26am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: You are right but a greater number of them also criticize because they expected nothing good to come out of Bethlehem. Rome was not built in a day. Your friend is apparently right in his untraveled wealth of experience, we should be thankful for the 'better' of 'availables', since apparently, someone somewhere in past administrations decided to concentrate wealth in Lagos and shut down even PH Airport for years in the name of renovation, just to make sure only Lagos and his surrogate Airline, (Arik Air) enjoys maximum traffic. OBJ is a very good man and the worst man I can say. A double faced leader who did all for only selfish interest. Now lets pass forward to GEJ, he has mandated that Airports be constructed and remodeled and traffic spread across all airports, its commendable. But those who criticize do so in naivety of Nigeria's socio-political history, where one man can shut down Calabar Port, Onitsha Port etc and direct all marine traffic to his state of interest (Lagos). Glory to West! And the Oil Wealth became the Spoils of War, Glory to North. GEJ will right all wrongs, lets vote him in 2015, cos we need more time, for more Fresher Air.
I can't even pick out a single point from the two-page documentary you just posted,the only thing I am familiar with in the whole sermon is "Fresh air",my 4 year old daughter can do far better than this.
Simply pathetic,what a loser.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: I can't even pick out a single point from the two-page documentary you just posted,the only thing I am familiar with in the whole sermon is "Fresh air",my 4 year old daughter can do far better than this.
Simply pathetic,what a loser.
Yea, its possible. The mind discerns only our individual objects of interests, in your case, mischief. In essence, there was no mischief in my writing, so you saw nothing. Anyway, its cool to know you are a father of a daughter. Please in God's name, allow her to see the world in her own lenses and not through your biased frustrations.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 13, 2013
slim fit :

Well you just explained it all thank you, I'm sure if you know the meaning of what you just wrote your corrupt sponsors would sack you. So the umbrella is only protecting the corrupt basically while the broom sweep dirty like PDP which they have been doing.

The purpose of a party is to serve not to loot and protect thieves, I don't expect you to know that its not common with every PDP members they don't know so I'm not surprised these kind of statement is coming from you.
Do you know that a broom have more value than an umbrella at home. You use a broom every day and any where you only use an umbrella at a specific season and conditions.
I understand your frustrations, its normal. But my PDP is the ruling party, and has been ruling for over a decade. Your party wants to replace my party...its good to try to, but when your group does not even know that they are supposed to register party name and chose a logo ? Its sad; its really a disappointment. If they can forget to register a name and logo, will they actually be able to write an acceptable manifesto ? Or will their manifesto simply be "To oppose PDP, even if PDP decides to provide free food for all ?" I am sad that we do not still have an intelligent opposition, I am truly sad. APC name has been taken, you guys can try CHLOROQUIN
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by politicalpastor: 8:49am On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan: Interior:

AM SO IMPRESSED BECAUSE A BINI PROVERB SAYS WHEN YOU SAW A MURDERER, YOU WILL PRAY FOR A MAD MAN.
THE STATE OF BINI AIRPORT NOW IS BETTER THAN IT WAS BEFORE I LEFT NIGERIA 5YRS AGO.
7 TO 8 YRS AGO, WE WERE ALMOST PLAYING FOOTBALL IN THE RUN WAY, LOL. THOSE OF US THAT LIVES CLOSE TO
THIS AIRPORT AND AERODRUME CLOSE AXIS WILL KNOW WAT AM TALKING ABOUT.
THANK GOD FOR THE NEW LOOKS OF BINI AIRPORT.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by born2boink(m): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2013
CyberG: Nigerians deserve NO PITY...and you only will suffer for the stupidity of your leaders that you defend shamelessly! I have travelled through uncountable number of airports and not even their dog house (if there were dogs actually) look anything like that thing you called "remodelled" airport! Is that not a small power cable hanging on a measly post there? Is that not brown sand that is right in front of this your airport? How much was spent on this project? Nigerians, the silly defenders of foolis.h leaders, deserve only suffering the consequences of their actions.
Small times, nairalanders go dey shout yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!! These are government are real arm robbers, dem go build mud house ,cement it and pain it in white....dem go use pencil write budget with eraser in their pocket. They are very good in disturbing others criminal because they don't like competition
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by MANOSUB(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2013
abbeybanks: The cost of the Min and her entourage from Abj should have been used to carry out more repairs in the airport, like the ground they are walking on is not cemented/concrete, those barricade has been there in time in-immemorial etc.
FG projects looks so much like an individual doing renovation in his home.smh
Sorry to say. Your reasoning is below average
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by princemaicheal: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2013
monkeyleg:

It is always good practice and manner to follow posts before you comment. If you read my previous posts, which you evidently didn't, you will see me state that I used that airport less than 2 weeks ago. So I am fully qualified to comment and criticize when I see a bad job and that is a very bad job. when are Nigerian going to grown up to the fact criticism is part of good government and the responsibility of every well meaning Nigerian. they have spent your money and mine on that nonsense and I am not satisfied with the quality, if you are, it tells a lot about the standards you hold.
I think i have to chip in something.I feel what we should be concerned about is if the work on ground is commensurate with the money released,because the minister can not work outside her estimated fund.I am not competent enough to examine the work of the minister,and besides,we have not seen everything(control towers).That said,its better when we appreciate the work done and demand accountability rather than,criticise everything done by the government.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by baysol: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2013
So this is what this ogbanje woman wants to do to make money and sack the Government watch dogs.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nuzo1(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2013
I've been privileged to travel through world class international airports in Sydney, Donguan, Doha. But the most amazing were Incheon(korea), Hong kong and Dubai airports.
These airports were more like cities on ground. The number of human traffic, magnificent structures and technological know-how shows that multi billions of pounds must have been sunk into them.
After travelling through Hong Kong airport, I had to go and see the documentary on how it was constructed. Amazing!

Having noted the above, its either ignorant or hypocritical to compare a $4million Benin airport to bus stations in those countries not to talk of these aforementioned billion dollars airports.

Given the state of Benin airport, the cost of radar and human traffic; N700 million is quiet decent to put up what we saw in the picture.

Our problem has never been about putting up structures but about MAINTAINANCE.

Development is a continues process.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by anonimi: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234:

How dare you say this about our future president grin grin grin
In APC abi na Phensic we trust come 2015.
Mediocres Incorporated!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoEziokwu: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2013
Between the two entities Sincere9jerian and Beaf, which one is better?

Devil and the deep blue sea.

SMH for you theLastPope
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Demdem(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
Don't let Eko Ile, Gbawe and Demdem catch you o. grin grin

Fashola is obviously one of the best, if not the best governor today in my opinion. That doesn't mean I approve of all he does. However he is surely a presidential material. Far more potentials than the daft currently on the seat.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by ba7man(m): 10:46am On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by sweetgala(m): 11:04am On Mar 13, 2013
I feel 700 million could have gotten the road paved as well . Albeit about 50% of that outlay is being spent on radio equipment etc.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Obijulius: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2013
This is a fantastic step in d right direction. GEJ has proven his critics wrong again. The minister has shown that this govt is impartial in distribution of our commonwealth (even though mr. President comes from a part of d country dat has been grossly marginalised) .

Haters keep hating. When some of ur kinsmen had their opportunity to do it right they preferred to plunder the Niger Delta's wealth. Well, something good has come out of the SS/SE.

Let's enjoy it while we have...GEJ for president come 2015 or divide nigeria as per Biafra borders.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by taharqa: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: In 2011 Italy expenditure were peg at US$27.34bn while Nigeria's expenditure for same year was US$31.9bn,why can't they give us something of equal standard or something close to what is obtainable in Italy.
Bros, plz: did you just say dat d total National Italy Budget Expenditure is $27.34bn??

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by arthgideon: 11:40am On Mar 13, 2013
What abt Lagos. When wud they repair the airport
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by neksummi(m): 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
Not so impressive.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by hardychris(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
As for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥  don't think Benin people need the Airport when they can easily fly to anywhere.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
This airport look better than Ghana international airport. So, let's applaud the governor for the remodelling. grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by lawisong(m): 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
The fact is that those praising this job have not travelled out of the country before so pls lets not blame them. Na person wey never chop outside before go think sey him mama soup sweet pass. The job is way below average. No vex.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by manny4life(m): 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
Critics will ALWAYS do their jobs while those who support will do theirs. Again IMO, this is a good step. If OBJ fixed this airport during his years, by now, the airport will be taking a another shape. Though not much, but this can be improved with time. Just like how GEJ handed power to private sector, probably in future, few years from now, airports and seaports will be handed down to private sector to operate.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
taharqa: Bros, plz: did you just say dat d total National Italy Budget Expenditure is $27.34bn??
Thats what I said and I have prove.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: Thats what I said and I have prove.

Ok prove it, also prove that Nigeria's 2011 budget expense was $31billion? As of 2011, our total budget was way under $25billion, 2012 hovered around $26billion, 2013 was $32billion, so where did Nigeria's expense reach $31billion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Directs Agencies To Reject Employment Referral Letters From Officials / Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State / Tinubu Vs DAAR Communications: Parties Failed To Settle Case Out Of Court (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.