Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (30220 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by earthgreeners(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope: Is Comrade Adams Oshiomole no longer your best performing governor again and one of top 3 picks for APC presidential ticket in 2015? Or is he now a failure because he has commissioned and praised GEJ's performance?

@lostpope, why do u love reasoning like a chicken?.. What has Oshiomole or APC gat to do with a poorly executed FG project?

Bloody assssslickerrr....
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
So because Oshiomhole commissioned the project I should be smiling Oshiomhole did what any sane human being will do. When a man that has money to build a mansion decides to go build a boys quarter, whenHe ask you to help him cut tape,you do as He wishes. Does that mean you are okay with what He has done? Absolutely not!

The truth is, most of you defending the current looting by this inept FG led by GEJ will end up paying one way or the other.

Can you see yourself now? See how you are wobbling from left to right? You guys are the most inconsistent idiotas and bitter hypocrites I have ever seen! See as super glue don hold your mouth? Pathetic!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Rossikk(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
vambi: Anything worth doing is worth doing well this is actually far below standard. Red sand every where after spending billions,why are Nigerians so corrupt.

The airport is not yet completed for goodness sake. Use your damned brain, fool!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by manny4life(m): 11:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Rossikk:

The airport is not yet completed for goodness sake. Use your damned brains!

I was about to say that just now, just because there's red sand on there doesn't mean it has been completed. Given the size and traffic per hour count, it's a decent airport... It's not the best or worst, but it's decent.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Rossikk(m): 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
monkeyleg:

Another pleb, who has no measure of quality. the workmanship of that airport is very poor. Please feel free to snap pictures of that dump, send it to Architectural digest, and see what they say. That is if you know what architectural digest is. I really don't give a phuck what the governor or aviation minister says, the quality of work is very poor

You cannot comment on the workmanship of the airport prior to its completion.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Ozonna(m): 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
chucky234: Here is the pic of Leonardo Da Vinci airport in Rome regarded as the worst airport in Europe,if they regard this airport as the worst then Benin airport will certainly not be rated as there is no basis for rating.

Oga, its not even fair to compare Nigeria to Italy because frankly speaking there is no basis for comparison. Benin Airport was designed for just 400 passengers @ a time. I've not been to Italy, but I think the Da vinci airport have Ϯh℮ capacity to contain far over 400 passengers @ a time. So we can't compare both airports.

Kudos to Pres GEJ

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by goldfish80(m): 11:28pm On Mar 12, 2013
Apart from τђΞ floor tiles, I see abosolutly nothing spectacular abt this airport..
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Rossikk(m): 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ozonna:

Oga, its not even fair to compare Nigeria to Italy because frankly speaking there is no basis for comparison. Benin Airport was designed for just 400 passengers @ a time. I've not been to Italy, but I think the Da vinci airport have Ϯh℮ capacity to contain far over 400 passengers @ a time. So we can't compare both airports.

Kudos to Pres GEJ

Can you imagine the stupidity of someone expecting Benin airport to be like Rome Airport?

Some people are just insane. Rome, the capital of Italy!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by abbeybanks(m): 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope:

So in your great wisdom, you think they will leave the ground uncemented? SMH!

The air-port has been commissioned and even the drive ways was not resurfaced Ii think that show you the kind of remodelling that took place. Though the most important things maybe done. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ opinion is J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ BTW grin
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope:

Can you see yourself now? See how you are wobbling from left to right? You guys are the most inconsistent idiotas and bitter hypocrites I have ever seen! See as super glue don hold your mouth? Pathetic!
Did I say you are a disgruntled element? No undecided Oshiomhole is still a candidate Nigerians will want to see occupy the post of the President come 2015, and I know He will not be a dullard to even think of using wet paint to paint an Airport and call it progress.

Let it be known to you, we are not as stupid as your type who is hell bent on defending His kinsman for His stomach sake. That Oshiomhole commission the Airport is not a yardstick for me to conclude that such a shed is what Nigerians deserve at this stage of our nationhood. Your type have not traveled far and wide so you really do not know how stupid and ridiculous it is that such a shed will be called a modern Airport undecided.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

@lostpope, why do u love reasoning like a chicken?.. What has Oshiomole or APC gat to do with a poorly executed FG project?

Bloody assssslickerrr....

What Oshiomole has got to do with it is that one of you is lying. Either you are lying or Oshiomole is lying! If Oshiomole is lying, then he is a disgrace and a big foool for collaborating with the minister to shove that nonsense on Nigerians!

If it is you that is lying, then you are an idiota for being a bigot and trying to derail us for your pay masters!

But my gut sense tells me you are the one lying because Oshiomole has been using the airport and knows the difference and actually inspected the work! So shut up!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
chucky234: Here is the pic of Leonardo Da Vinci airport in Rome regarded as the worst airport in Europe,if they regard this airport as the worst then Benin airport will certainly not be rated as there is no basis for rating.
For real, so you are now Comparing Benin Airport to Da Vinci Airport of over a century old ? This is classic! Since Lord Lugard, this is the best Airport any President has ever built for the Benin air travellers, am sure the people of Benin appreciate it. Come to think about it, this is just one of the many Airports that are remodeled or constructed by the GEJ's government of uncommon transformation.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Rossikk:

The airport is not yet completed for goodness sake. Use your damned brain, fool!
Why in the rush is the subsidy their busy running around commissioning uncompleted Sheds? First it was GAT in Lagos, and till date the GAT is still not fully functional undecided

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Good job shomole
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Abrantie: 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Rossikk:

The title made it seemed as if it was complete, especially with pics of dignitaries parading all over the place. Besides, how difficult would it have been to pave driveways and roads in the immediate vicinity of the airport terminal? There's just something about red clay dusty roads that exudes poverty.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Demdem(m): 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope:

Is Comrade Adams Oshiomole no longer your best performing governor again and one of top 3 picks for APC presidential ticket in 2015? Or is he now a failure because he has commissioned and praised GEJ's performance?

Fool, prove to all where u stated that Osho baba is my best performing gov and convince us all that u aren't a bastard.
Besides, whatever he said remains his opinion while I have the right to form mine.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Billyonaire: For real, so you are now Comparing Benin Airport to Da Vinci Airport of over a century old ? This is classic! Since Lord Lugard, this is the best Airport any President has ever built for the Benin air travellers, am sure the people of Benin appreciate it. Come to think about it, this is just one of the many Airports that are remodeled or constructed by the GEJ's government of uncommon transformation.
Maybe I need to post you pictures of Luton Airport huh undecided For real, you really do not know how stupid you guys come across with your attempting to defend this criminality perpetuated by the subsidy thief!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by dstranger: 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
CyberG: Nigerians deserve NO PITY...and you only will suffer for the stupidity of your leaders that you defend shamelessly! I have travelled through uncountable number of airports and not even their dog house (if there were dogs actually) look anything like that thing you called "remodelled" airport! Is that not a small power cable hanging on a measly post there? Is that not brown sand that is right in front of this your airport? How much was spent on this project? Nigerians, the silly defenders of foolis.h leaders, deserve only suffering the consequences of their actions.
Chop knuckles bruv. cheesy This is the 21st century for crying out loud. I think we deserve much better than this. embarassed
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Abrantie:

The title made it seemed as if it was complete, especially with pics of dignitaries parading all over the place. Besides, how difficult would it have been to pave driveways and roads in the immediate vicinity of the main airport building?
Charlie, help me tell am oh.. cool
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, prove to all where u stated that Osho baba is my best performing gov and convince us all that u aren't a bastard.
Besides, whatever he said remains his opinion while I have the right to form mine.

A right to form yours? From a picture on NL? And that opinion counts more than the governors own? Who commissioned and uses the airport? You are making a foool of your teacher!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Maybe I need to post you pictures of Luton Airport huh undecided For real, you really do not know how stupid you guys come across with your attempting to defend this criminality perpetuated by the subsidy thief!
Your posts are always laced with insults and unwarranted foolish chit-chats, not that you are a fool, far from it, I think you are just confused. This Airport was terrible and has just been remodeled via direct labor. Its highly commendable.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Akpan107(m): 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
iamswizz: fashola is working!!!
Kai!! Who be this one? APC members has infiltrated this post. Weytin carry Fashola go do work for Edo state?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Abrantie:

The title made it seemed as if it was complete, especially with pics of dignitaries parading all over the place. Besides, how difficult would it have been to pave driveways and roads in the immediate vicinity of the airport terminal? There's just something about red clay dusty roads that exudes poverty.

Chale, I honestly don't think that's an airport - it looks more like a normal bus station, tbh.... cheesy

The termites of Africa!

Naija is a joke! cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Please do post it and along with the pictures, post the following:

When the airport was built.

The cost of the airport.

The capacity of the airport

How many times it has been upgraded.

Thank you
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
This is the remodeled airport.? Looks more like a new poultry cage.

All these low mentality cassava bread people no go kill pesin with lafta I swear. lmao.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Rossikk:

You need to slow down on your patriotism, bruv...

I know you're patriotic and all, but being blindly patriotic is problematic... We need to start asking questions and the money spent on this shambles-of-a-bus-station is too much... This is part of your sovereign national wealth, for crying out loud, bro..
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Demdem(m): 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope:

A right to form yours? From a picture on NL? And that opinion counts more than the governors own? Who commissioned and uses the airport? You are making a foool of your teacher!

Fool, check the title of thread again. It's all about pictures and that forms the basis of my opinion.
Again I state that those pictures are pathetic. grin
Still waiting for u to prove my Osho baba claims as u alleged or have u lied again? grin
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
This is the national express bus station in Birmingham, UK - and it looks far better than the rubbish on this thread..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by 360command: 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
CFCfan: Exterior:
. Benin and their red sand. The ever presence of the red earth.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by deelobe: 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Compared to the renovation odili spent six months to do at the port Harcourt airport. This is job that deserves a thumbs up.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 11:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, check the title of thread again. It's all about pictures and that forms the basis of my opinion.
Again I state that those pictures are pathetic. grin
Still waiting for u to prove my Osho baba claims as u alleged or have u lied again? grin

Are you finally denying Oshomole? So Oshiomole has collaborated with the aviation minister to defraud us? That is really sad for ACN. If one of your beacon of light has suddenly gone rogue and licking the azz of the minister of aviation after claiming the FG has nothing to do a GGT for, then ACN is a real fraud! Very sad
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
Billyonaire: Your posts are always laced with insults and unwarranted foolish chit-chats, not that you are a fool, far from it, I think you are just confused. This Airport was terrible and has just been remodeled via direct labor. Its highly commendable.
Look I flew into that Airport in 2009 and also flew out of that Airport in 2011 so I know what it was like okay. If telling you the truth is insults, then so be it. It is a shame that your generation will continue to support this senseless waste. Does it make sense to you that N700million will be spent on remodelling that Airport? Seriously you think that is what Nigerians deserve from their government? Someone is even mentioning 1000KVA generator set, yet we know even the one in Lagos failed just last week and more than half of the Airport was without power! Does that not tell you someone is not thinking?

I ask you, does this remodelling tell you there is any strategic thinking concerning the future of that Airport? Benin City has a population close to 1million I believe. I fly from London to Newcastle, and guess what, that city is only 300,000 people, yet the Airport can handle both local and international flights without much worries. Was that Airport always that way? Nope. Strategic thinkers redefined that Airport and today, Emirates fly into Newcastle from Dubai!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Directs Agencies To Reject Employment Referral Letters From Officials / Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State / Tinubu Vs DAAR Communications: Parties Failed To Settle Case Out Of Court (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.