Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (30225 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 1:30am On Mar 13, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Why not post a picture of a house in Dubai side by side with the one your father built in Nigeria and let's compare.

Relax, this is not about anybody's father and this airport doesn't belong to your own father either so lay off the father stuff..
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Godogwu: 1:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Perhaps Malaysia, Thailand, Philipines or even Bahamas are no a first world? Have you seen their Airports? Just google if you haven't been to those countries to see things for yourself...then comeback and tell me if FG government led by GEJ is truly sane

Checked out the airports and there's nothing so special. Of course their "main" airports are better than this airport. Just so you know, I saw airports worse than this in the phillipines and Thailand (just google).

Chill though, i don't get how the state of our airports is GEJ's fault. Like its just been two years fam.... Not 20, more can be done definitely but this airport will be able to serve its purpose nonetheless. It's all a matter of time, we'll get those world class airports.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Godogwu: 1:33am On Mar 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Why not give them N700 and see what they'll come up with. Definitely not that ugly and shameful kiosk.

Oh please... Chill \_____
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 1:35am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:

Oh please... Chill \_____

After you since you have nothing better to do or contribute to the discussion.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:40am On Mar 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Relax, this is not about anybody's father and this airport doesn't belong to your own father either so lay off the father stuff..

This is about an airport in Nigeria and not one in Dubai. If dude posted pictures of airports remodelled by previous aviation ministers in Nigeria, he would have had a point.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 1:43am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:
It's all a matter of time, we'll get those world class airports.

Still doesn't mean taxpayers money should be wasted on eyesores with little or nothing to show for it. We are talking about today and today's project with N700 price tag.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by 677ano(m): 1:43am On Mar 13, 2013
@OP

Seriously do you call that building an airport
I thought it was Agbado Market
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 1:46am On Mar 13, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

This is about an airport in Nigeria and not one in Dubai. If dude posted pictures of airports remodelled by previous aviation ministers in Nigeria, he would have had a point.

Fact still remains that this is not about anybody's father's airport so let's leave fathers out of the discussion.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 13, 2013
677ano: @OP

Seriously do you call that building an airport
I thought it was Agbado Market

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin

In Nigeria, it is an airport.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by IGBOSON1: 1:52am On Mar 13, 2013
olaife80: Chai!!! Dis is not a Airport @all, u guys re just rejoicing on a clueless project. d architectural design is so bad guess the architecth is from GEJ village. Mtcheew trash!
Dats Copy of Dubai port, so colate it wit ur village benin port..

^^^This airport is so dark, dingy, claustrophobic and cluttered-up!....where's the natural light and airside views? These people like doing things over-the-top, and have more money than sense.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Godogwu: 1:57am On Mar 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Still doesn't mean taxpayers money should be wasted on eyesores with little or nothing to show for it. We are talking about today and today's project with N700 price tag.

LOOL taxpayers money..... Okay. N700m i still insist is too little an amount to remodel an airport to a world class level. Like i said there's still room for improvement but this airport will serve its purpose. You probably won't even use this airport in years but for some reason you just want to criticize.... Which is actually fine.

Nevertheless, i just believe more needs to be done, its not the best but its not the worst.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 2:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:

N700m i still insist is too little an amount to build a world class airport

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat world class airport, fact still remains that they didn't ask them to build world class airport and no world class airport was expected, but an ugly eyesore for N700 million wasn't part of the expectation either.

You really need to drop your world class airport smoke screen because it's sounding more and more ridiculous.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by talk2s(m): 2:46am On Mar 13, 2013
Some of you seem to have a problem with reading between the lines and assimilating what you read.
Did you not all read that the Air Port, before the repaires, was originally built to cater for 200 passengers but that it can now, after the remodelling, accomodate for 400?
Did you equally not note the other differences?
Why is most Nigerians, sorry, naira-landers this condemnatory, judgemental and sadistic?
If you refuse to express gratitude and appreciation, your life will definately be devoid of the duo. QED.
Keep coming. Just watch out!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 13, 2013
Those people praising this airport have not left Nigeria before.The picture of the Benin airport i see is similar to Greyhound bus stations here in the US.Nigeria cannot boast of any meaningful airport for the now.Also 700 million is too small to build a world class airport so many people here on NL are expecting to see.If Nigeria wants to build such it will gulp a lot of cash and Nigerians are not ready for that considering the fact that there are other sectors begging for attention.What matter most is that the airport serves his purpose.It should also be noted that this airport is far better than some international airports especially in the Carribeans.So you guys should manage what you have

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 3:00am On Mar 13, 2013
talk2s: Some of you seem to have a problem with reading between the lines and assimilating what you read.
Did you not all read that the Air Port, before the repaires, was originally built to cater for 200 passengers but that it can now, after the remodelling, accomodate for 400?
Did you equally not note the other differences?
Why is most Nigerians, sorry, naira-landers this condemnatory, judgemental and sadistic?
If you refuse to express gratitude and appreciation, your life will definately be devoid of the duo. QED.
Keep coming. Just watch out!

This beer parlor can't contain 200 people talk less 400...

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1022136_benin_airport866920_59802_545281652154393_1197552453_n_jpg1ca7953bbfdf798df74896a78354c527-600x398_jpgc0149bfd53218f281f6a02117c68cd37[/img]

Gullible cassava bread people...
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 13, 2013
olaife80: Chai!!! Dis is not a Airport @all, u guys re just rejoicing on a clueless project. d architectural design is so bad guess the architecth is from GEJ village. Mtcheew trash!
Dats Copy of Dubai port, so colate it wit ur village benin port..
You are dumb.So you expect the Government to use 700 million to build such airport?You really need your head to be examined.Abi you think say na groundnut money them take dey build such airport?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by moonraker(m): 3:43am On Mar 13, 2013
chingyjant:
You are dumb.So you expect the Government to use 700 million to build such airport?You really need your head to be examined.Abi you think say na groundnut money them take dey build such airport?

you need to calm down. no one is saying that 700 million can build a world class airport.

However, i believe that the building in question isnt 700 million. NO!!! something isnt right here.

the problem is that nigerians are not honest when it comes to money issue. if such an amount was truly

invested and spent with out any corruption, HABA, those pictures would be different.

Let me ask you this

How much do you think MMIA 2 was built??
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Greatken007(m): 4:26am On Mar 13, 2013
CyberG: Nigerians deserve NO PITY...and you only will suffer for the stupidity of your leaders that you defend shamelessly! I have travelled through uncountable number of airports and not even their dog house (if there were dogs actually) look anything like that thing you called "remodelled" airport! Is that not a small power cable hanging on a measly post there? Is that not brown sand that is right in front of this your airport? How much was spent on this project? Nigerians, the silly defenders of foolis.h leaders, deserve only suffering the consequences of their actions.
Go and eat ur POO,HOW WAS THE AIRPORT B4 NOW?YOU THINK U CAN SHOUT KWO

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Godogwu: 4:47am On Mar 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat world class airport, fact still remains that they didn't ask them to build world class airport and no world class airport was expected, but an ugly eyesore for N700 million wasn't part of the expectation either.

You really need to drop your world class airport smoke screen because it's sounding more and more ridiculous.

K.... I'm done
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by babapupa: 5:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Greatken007: Go and eat ur POO,HOW WAS THE AIRPORT B4 NOW?YOU THINK U CAN SHOUT KWO

with so much looted money and that ugly result, before would have sufficed.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chukxie(m): 5:29am On Mar 13, 2013
Is this an airport ? Edo state is capable of doing 100x better better than this. Dongguan East bus station (China) is way better than this.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 13, 2013
moonraker:

Let me ask you this

How much do you think MMIA 2 was built??

The MMIA2 was built at a cost of N45 billion, as at 2007. If u factor in inflation, the cost rises to today's N50 billion.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chukxie(m): 5:32am On Mar 13, 2013
Common train station for China better pass this nonsense project. I wonder when we go learn to give the masses wetin them need...
http://m.cn.bing.com/images/more?q=Guangzhou+south+railwaystation&dv=True&ii=2&form=IDIIDI&IIG=da60a98bfde246f5a93aaf0a9e2e525c&kval=3.1&AppNs=mSERP
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 13, 2013
chukxie: Common train station for China better pass this nonsense project. I wonder when we go learn to give the masses wetin them need...
http://m.cn.bing.com/images/more?q=Guangzhou+south+railwaystation&dv=True&ii=2&form=IDIIDI&IIG=da60a98bfde246f5a93aaf0a9e2e525c&kval=3.1&AppNs=mSERP

OMG! That train station is MASSIVE and BEAUTIFUL!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by boladez(m): 6:06am On Mar 13, 2013
................At least someone is thinking of working on the airports. Welldone to GEJ administration for that. The Benin airport is far better than the motor park it used to be. Me I dey praise who do good thing o.

The quality and finishing is the problem of Our people...give them contract they will mess up , give oyibo they will shout marginalisation.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by dolphinife: 6:33am On Mar 13, 2013
To me as a person, the aviation minister's style of remodelling airports across the country is just a way to siphone money to her accounts. Me as a Cabin Crew, who has virtually flew to almost all the airports in Nigeria, I almost feel ashamed of our airports whenever we have dignitaries coming from other countries. How can the aviation Minister spent a whooping 900million naira on remodelling GAT, 850m remodelling PH international airport, 900m remodelling kano airport, 700m remodelling Benin airport and billions being budgeted every year to remodel MMIA? Yet all these airports in Nigeria with exception to MMIA, MM2 and Kano, looks like a Primary schools. No architectural works, just leather tents that covered the inner chamber. The worst airport I've seen in my life is dat of PH...very ridiculous to be called international airport. The more the remodeling, the more money is being cut-cornered. Nigeria is at a crossroad, yet we fly to different countries daily...is this how their airports looks like?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 13, 2013
^^^
I guess if they budgeted billions for the remodelling exercise, the airports might look a little more classier.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by BabaTony: 6:37am On Mar 13, 2013
For me I flew this airport november last year and believe you me I was not impressed at all going by all the noise that was made. From the waiting lounge one could perceive the strentch from the toilets, im serious about this. It had no WOW effect on me. For ppl to say its very good now I cant imagine what it looked like before. To me its just there nothing futuristic. It just serves the purpose now.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by anonimi: 7:01am On Mar 13, 2013
chukxie: Common train station for China better pass this nonsense project. I wonder when we go learn to give the masses wetin them need...

And how many people are projected to use that Chinese train station compared to the Benin airport
[size=14pt]Can you compare the LGA primary health centre (PHC) in your hometown with a similar PHC in a Chinese small town?[/size]
Continue to compare apple with oranges and show your inadequacies!
BTW, why did you not compare the remodelled airport to the pictures of our international land border with Benin republic at Seme on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1222513/journey-accra-lagos-road

We can discuss about the appropriateness of the architecural design to the Benin environment, the cost vis-a-vis a value for money analysis etc BUT the size of the airport itself is very appropriate for the volume of traffic expected through the airport.
It is your type of money miss road mentality that leads people to build mansions in their villages to stay there effectively only 30 days in a year max. while squatting in some ghetto-like existence in the city for the remaining 335 days. Arrant stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by NaLaugh: 7:17am On Mar 13, 2013
When will the mediocrity culture end in Nigeria?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Ozonna(m): 7:31am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: Yet Nigeria spend far more than Italy spend annually and you still see no reason to compare,what a chronic m0ron.

Dude, I respectfully pointed out to you that you can't compare the airport in Rome to Benin airport and you insulted me. When what you should have done was show me the annual budget of Italy and that of Nigeria for us to compare both. From your other posts here I deduced that yoy're not civil @ all and its impossible for me to go down to your level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasts Fashola, Fayemi For "Betraying Tinubu", Nigerians React / Dr Maduka Builds, Donates 40 Free Flats To 40 Widows In Anambra (Pictures) / Akwa-Ibom Stadium: A Review Of Nigeria's Finest And Best Stadium So Far!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.