Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (30226 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

They are just stup1d and boring. They think that they can achieve anything by attacking everything that concerns GEJ and trying to make it look bad! lol. They are kids! People watched it live on TV and they were happy. Development is not a destination, it is a process and we have, for the first time in Nigeria, truly started on that journey! No internet rant will change that!
be honest to yourself. Even if you don't say it out loud, GEJ is a disappointment just like his predecessors. He can't do 10% out of 100 and expect ppl to keep clapping for him. If you want to claim so, we should clap for Abacha, IBB and co for the little things they did out of the many they left out that has left our country in the state it's in now.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by slimfit1(m): 12:48am On Mar 13, 2013
It looks like my local train station but still bad finishing look at dust everywhere and look at the thieves looking satisfied as if they've done something spectacular.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2013
Please, let us be more respectful of each others opinions. undecided

The Benin airport will surely require additional infrastructure in the future. The work done so far, though not comparable to some European/North American airports, is a good start. The problem with Nigerian govt officials is that they wait FAR too long before making the necessary moves to maintain/invest in our public facilities.

I doubt if the Benin airport can be a strong regional hub, when there is MMIA, Asaba airport and the proposed Lekki international airport, all within its vicinity. Who knows, if the FG had invested billions in the remodelling, the airport might have been a little more beautiful.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:50am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

I have given you good advise. Go back to school!

You do not grow airport traffic by investing is world class equipment. People do not travel to a place to see the airport. You grow airport traffic by growing the city's business and stuffs like tourism. You upgrade airports when the visiting traffic become too much for the current capacity. Go back to school!
See this clown! Go figure out, Airports are strategic investment by any serious government and in most cases, government strategically expand the capacity of Airports, especially when such Airport has the potential of serving several towns nearby.

Do you think, Airliners will want to fly into an Airport that lack even the basic facility to change an Aircraft tyre following a puncture? O do you think Airliners will fly into an Airport that lack basic baggage handling facilities or takes forever to process passengers and baggage?

Dude, you really sound ridiculous and stupid with your level of reasoning!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:51am On Mar 13, 2013
Ada Nri1: be honest to yourself. Even if you don't say it out loud, GEJ is a disappointment just like his predecessors. He can't do 10% out of 100 and expect ppl to keep clapping for him. If you want to claim so, we should clap for Abacha, IBB and co for the little things they did out of the many they left out that has left our country in the state it's in now.

Are you saying Oshiomole is a foool and fellow fraudster for commissioning and praising the work? Simple question.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:53am On Mar 13, 2013
azzima: reminds me of when I attended a church service in a very local high school in northern virginia. I almost cried. That local school beats any University in Nigeria..this is not about comparing. But we need to have some standards.that's the problem here.enlightened folks know what I am talking abiut but bushboys won't because they ha e nothing to compare to.
Sadly, you have said the truth. They have barely travelled outside of Nigeria, so they won't understand how stupid they look to be celebrating this shed of a project.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:56am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Sadly, you have said the truth. They have barely travelled outside of Nigeria, so they won't understand how stupid they look to be celebrating this shed of a project.

Why did Oshiomole commission and praise such a terrible job? You haven't answered the question. Is he a fellow fraudster or is he so dumb that he cannot even recognise a good job from a bad one?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 12:59am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

Are you saying Oshiomole is a foool and fellow fraudster for commissioning and praising the work? Simple question.

Showing up to commission that eye sore was common curtsey, I'm sure he shook his head in disgust.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:59am On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan: Please, let us be more respectful of each others opinions. undecided

The Benin airport will surely require additional infrastructure in the future. The work done so far, though not comparable to some European/North American airports, is a good start. The problem with Nigerian govt officials is that they wait FAR too long before making the necessary moves to maintain/invest in our public facilities.

I doubt if the Benin airport can be a strong regional hub, when there is MMIA, Asaba airport and the proposed Lekki international airport, all within its vicinity. Who knows, if the FG had invested billions in the remodelling, the airport might have been a little more beautiful.
It is not a question of doubt, rather one of strategic thinking! Look at those towns closer to Benin City, Sapele, Warri, etc. Do you not think the people that live there will be well to do someday to embark on travels? The FG can expand that Airport, redirect some REGIONAL flights to that Airport. Do you know the spill over effect of such exercise? I was with one of the executive of an Aerospace giant last week and in the course of our discussion on UK aerospace sector, He said to me, that for every 1 job the Airports create, 10 add on jobs are automatically created! That got my head spinning in revenues the government can make from providing the right environment for Airports to thrive and I kept asking myself why our government cannot understudy these success and try to replicate them in Nigeria?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by olaife80: 12:59am On Mar 13, 2013
Chai!!! Dis is not a Airport @all, u guys re just rejoicing on a clueless project. d architectural design is so bad guess the architecth is from GEJ village. Mtcheew trash!
Dats Copy of Dubai port, so colate it wit ur village benin port..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 1:00am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

Why did Oshiomole commission and praise such a terrible job? You haven't answered the question. Is he a fellow fraudster or is he so dumb that he cannot even recognise a good job from a bad one?

Of course He has to! Do you expect Him to do otherwise? I am sure He himself would be asking, is this what they did with N700m!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 1:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Of course He has to! Do you expect Him to do otherwise? I am sure He himself would be asking, is this what they did with N700m!

He didn't ask anything. He showered praises and enconiums on the minister for almost one minute. If the minister was campaigning for an office, Oshiomole would have won her the seat with that accolade. So it is either Oshiomole was a co conspirator and a fraudster who has shortchanged his state just to lick a common minister's azz or just too dumb to know what is good from bad!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
It is not a question of doubt, rather one of strategic thinking! Look at those towns closer to Benin City, Sapele, Warri, etc. The FG can expand that Airport, redirect some REGIONAL flights to that Airport. Do you know the spill over effect of such exercise? I was with one of the executive of an Aerospace giant last week and in the course of our discussion on UK aerospace sector, He said to me, that for every 1 job the Airports create, 10 add on jobs are automatically created! That got my head spinning in revenues the government can make from providing the right environment for Airports to thrive and I kept asking myself why our government cannot understudy these success and try to replicate them in Nigeria?

In doing that, the Warri airport would have to be downgraded though. I'm all for anything that will create jobs too.

The overall viability of our aiports depend on the standard of living of Nigerians. A rapid rise of the middle-class in Nigeria will translate to more flights for our airports t handle. Which will in turn force the airlines to hire more personnel. The increased frequency of flights to the airports will in turn generate more revenue for the airport authorities to, hopefully, plough back into maintaining the facility.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 13, 2013
olaife80: Chai!!! Dis is not a Airport @all, u guys re just rejoicing on a clueless project. d architectural design is so bad guess the architecth is from GEJ village. Mtcheew trash!

Erm.. Dubai airport is incomparable to that of Benin. The Dubai authorities have 3 or 4 times the funds that the entire Nigerian Aviation ministry has.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 1:08am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

He didn't ask anything. He showered praises and enconiums on the minister for almost one minute. If the minister was campaigning for an office, Oshiomole would have won her the seat with that accolade. So it is either Oshiomole was a co conspirator and a fraudster who has shortchanged his state just to lick a common minister's azz or just too dumb to know what is good from bad!
Haha look at this clown! Shortchange his state? Huh undecided He knows when the time is ripe, Edo State will be getting a befitting Airport at Okada! Seriously, even if Oshiomhole made those statements, with the pictures you have seen, you too would concur that N700m was money well spent? If yes, then your life must be defined by abject poverty!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Godogwu: 1:09am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: Here is the pic of Leonardo Da Vinci airport in Rome regarded as the worst airport in Europe,if they regard this airport as the worst then Benin airport will certainly not be rated as there is no basis for rating.

That's a first world country yes?

Lets be fair on this thing, I'm not saying that the Enugu airport looks world class or looks its best, there's definitely room for improvement. That aside, comparing any Nigerian airport its western counterparts, obviously we can do better but there are airports way worse than this in Africa. It's just a matter of time, the US had over 300 years to build their airports to what it is today and same goes for so many other first world countries.

Frankly, N700m is too little to remodel any airport to a world class level, common people build houses and buy cars worth more than that in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:09am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: Yet Nigeria spend far more than Italy spend annually and you still see no reason to compare,what a chronic m0ron.

Bros, with all due respect, you must be living in a cave. Are you for real?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 1:10am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: You are not a real man, you always bicker and insult like an ugly lady. When you are ready to discuss as a man, then call me up, for now I will dismiss you with a wave of my left hand.
Real man? I just can't stop laughing at your daftness,a man who always settle for less with every substandard structures erected by GEJ and his cohorts without questioning their commitment suddenly sees himself as a real man.
Hmmm wonderful,real man ko real ni.
When you are ready to be sensible then call me,for now I'll sweep you out with few broom sticks.
You dumbly referred to that crappy structure as GEJ transformation in 2013,you are just as dumb and clueless as Jona.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 1:13am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:

Frankly, N700m is too little to remodel any airport to a world class level, common people build houses and buy cars worth more than that in Nigeria.

N700m on that ugly eyesore is below the lowest class too..
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 1:13am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:

That's a first world country yes?

Lets be fair on this thing, I'm not saying that the Enugu airport looks world class or looks its best, there's definitely room for improvement. That aside, comparing any Nigerian airport its western counterparts, obviously we can do better but there are airports way worse than this in Africa. It's just a matter of time, the US had over 300 years to build their airports to what it is today and same goes for so many other first world countries.

N700m to remodelled an existing airport is more than enough amount to put up something meaning,that's N200m more than half a billion.
What I am seeing their is not worth more than N200m,where are the remaining N500m?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan: Please, let us be more respectful of each others opinions. undecided

However, bear in mind that this shambles of an airport was "remodelled" with our sovereign national wealth... and the pics don't match the amount spent in remodelling the glorified motorbike station... So, every patriotic Nigerian who cares about the future of the country and generations unborn needs to ask questions... We just can't continue to celebrate mediocrity...

When will the real progressive and sophisticated Nigerians stand up and be counted??

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 1:15am On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan:

In doing that, the Warri airport would have to be downgraded though. I'm all for anything that will create jobs too.

The overall viability of our aiports depend on the standard of living of Nigerians. A rapid rise of the middle-class in Nigeria will translate to more flights for our airports t handle. Which will in turn force the airlines to hire more personnel. The increased frequency of flights to the airports will in turn generate more revenue for the airport authorities to, hopefully, plough back into maintaining the facility.
Warri Airport is a strip! It is just like London City Airport which mainly handles private charter! Due to oil companies in Warri, it makes good sense to have that strips there. In UKZ there are several of those strips some serving local industrial units for cargo lifting by small planes. Same in France. If you go to South of France, you will find several of them.

Do you think anyone wanting to start a low cost Airline in Nigeria will be successful in doing so by flying into an international hub? Go figure out, easyjet, Ryanair, flybe, BMI baby, all fly into regional hubs and that has created several jobs in those towns and cities where those regional hubs are located.

Just google Bristol Airport in the UK and have a read about that Airport and then ask yourself why Benin Airport can not be upgraded to such a standard! Don't Nigeria have that money?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: Real man? I just can't stop laughing at your daftness,a man who always settle for less with every substandard erected by GEJ and his cohorts without questioning their commitment suddenly sees himself as a real man.
Hmmm wonderful,real man ko real ni.
When you are ready to be sensible then call me,for now I'll sweep you out with few broom sticks.
You dumbly referred to that crappy structure as GEJ transformation in 2013,you are just as dumb and clueless as Jona.
Hahahaha not even a LAWMA old lady can sweep an umbrella, cos umbrella protects the body under rain and sun while the broom sweeps all dirt in sufferation. Now that African Progressive Congress have taken your acronym and logo, what should I call you ? Association of Confused Political Prostitutes ?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Godogwu: 1:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

N700m on that ugly eyesore is below the lowest class too..

Go and look at other third world airports in Africa and compare... That's all
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 1:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Bros, with all due respect, you must be living in a cave. Are you for real?
And where is this goon coming from,what GEJ get as feeding allowances annually pays Italy's PM and his entire staffs bills and you are displaying your mor0nic nature in public without asking questions.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Godogwu: 1:17am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: N700m to remodelled an existing airport is more than enough amount to put up something meaning,that's N200m more than half a billion.
What I am seeing their is not worth more than N200m,where are the remaining N500m?

And you know this because you paid the contractor, workers, engineers and all yea? Please! Man
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Warri Airport is a strip! It is just like London City Airport which mainly handles private charter! Due to oil companies in Warri, it makes good sense to have that strips there. In UKZ there are several of those strips some serving local industrial units for cargo lifting by small planes. Same in France. If you go to South of France, you will find several of them.

Do you think anyone wanting to start a low cost Airline in Nigeria will be successful in doing so by flying into an international hub? Go figure out, easyjet, Ryanair, flybe, BMI baby, all fly into regional hubs and that has created several jobs in those towns and cities where those regional hubs are located.

Just google Bristol Airport in the UK and have a read about that Airport and then ask yourself why Benin Airport can not be upgraded to such a standard! Don't Nigeria have that money?

You have a good point. I guess my main concern is the economic capacity of Nigerians to regularly use our airports.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 1:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahaha not even a LAWMA old lady can sweep an umbrella, cos umbrella protects the body under rain and sun while the broom sweeps all dirt in sufferation. Now that African Progressive Congress have taken your acronym and logo, what should I call you ? Association of Confused Political Prostitutes ?
What a clueless GEJ as$ slicker,your master is known for making silly utterances just as you,birds of same feather they say always fly together.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 1:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:

Perhaps Malaysia, Thailand, Philipines or even Bahamas are no a first world? Have you seen their Airports? Just google if you haven't been to those countries to see things for yourself...then comeback and tell me if FG government led by GEJ is truly sane
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 1:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:

And you know this because you paid the contractor, workers, engineers and all yea? Please! Man
Because its glaring that those materials are substandard chinko,same as the ones used at MMA with one year durability.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 1:26am On Mar 13, 2013
Godogwu:

Why not give them N700 and see what they'll come up with. Definitely not that ugly and shameful kiosk.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:27am On Mar 13, 2013
olaife80: Chai!!! Dis is not a Airport @all, u guys re just rejoicing on a clueless project. d architectural design is so bad guess the architecth is from GEJ village. Mtcheew trash!

Why not post a picture of a house in Dubai side by side with the one your father built in Nigeria and let's compare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa-Ibom Stadium: A Review Of Nigeria's Finest And Best Stadium So Far!!! / What Rochas Okorocha Told Tinubu About Igbo Marginalization / While Obi Was Selling Tomato Ketchup, Tinubu Already Paid His Dues – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.