Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) - Jokes Etc (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) (90481 Views)

15 Hilarious Photos That Will Make You Laugh On A Sunday / My Oga At The Top Smileys / My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy Feat NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by seyibrown(f): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
berryjay: Those presenters should be seriously queried,if the know deir duty and proffesional ethics well,they should have known that its a national Tv for crying out loud, we all agree dat d man messed up and really portrayed the decaying state of the economy, the presenters too, sensing disaster , should hve covered up immediately by supplying the .org, .gov or .com as d case might be.. So that some illitrate members of the public can learn... Dats d purpose of d whole presentation in d first place, to enlighten d public..

Maybe ... but it is unfortunate that those put in positions of authority do not know what they ought to know! How will they run office effectively? Remember the pregnant woman who lost a 6 month old pregnancy because she was arrested and prevented from being taken to hospital on enviromental snaitation day by KAI officials? When we start filling office by virtue of merit and not 'connnections'. The 'My Oga at the Top' culture is part of what is killing Nigeria!
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Vansnickers: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
midebays: Vic O invites Oga @ the top
HaHa!!! grin grin
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Ogbodavies(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
Laughz and fallz from the top of mt everest grin
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Philolos: 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Pain: I Love this Guy. He should run for President in 2015

I concur. The party that backs him doesn't have to spend a dime on Marketing. I would actually vote for him. To hell with competence; let's have some comedy called FUN. At the moment, we have neither. This would bring some change to the scene: some fun, and later we can CATEGORICALLY decide to get serious and fix some real problems that face us as a nation - WHEN THIS GUY BECOMES OUR OGA AT THE TOP.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2013
And Dazz All cheesy
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by andyzoga: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
1stCitizen:

Please argue with better examples. Hardtalk is a hot seat where with only one interviewer under a charged,aggressive and intimidating atmosphere. You know what you are up against and only the tough dare go there. Even GEJ will not even dream of it. Why do you think there is just one interviewer?

It is not a case of 3 privileged "teenagers" who cut a clear picture of bullies, all against a stark illiterate. Did you watch Amanpour's interview with GEJ. Did he answer any question properly. Did she keep insisting that he gives an answer even when it was clear GEJ was clueless.

We all know that NDSC is filled with illiterates just like the police and knowledge of a website address may not top the priorities of " the oga at the top". Nobody said the question is out of place. It is the sarcasm that greeted the guy after he goofed(from the lady) that is the problem. Its all junk journalism as far as I am concerned.

I dont want to assume that am sensing personal vendetta here. If covering the truth under carpet is what professionalism means, i'd rather not be associated with that. You first mentioned one-on-one by NTA am sure and we all know it's anchored by an interviewer, a 9ja tv-programme by a political tv station which you can never compare to the likes of Amanpour. Going forward, i strongly believe those guys in channelstv are doing d masses a great job and they should be commended. I still maintain my point that the officer should have been more honourable by simply saying the truth - sarcasm or no sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Philolos: 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
That's it! Ladies and gentlemen of NL: NSCDS will no longer give interviews to the press. I feel we have been misrepresented and categorically misinterpreted.

Consequently, I am taking this opportunity to let you know that if MY OGA AT THE TOP, I, and/or any of my compatriots see any pressmen or women either dressed as Channel TV, NTV, CNN, ITV, BBC, we would RUN. I'm just warning you. Hmmmm

A disclaimer from the press office of the NSCDC, website: http://NSCDC.whaterver.myogathetopcomdom.sudall
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by assetstrap(m): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Chai the guy don hear am, but it is an eye opener 4 Nigerian organizations. PROFESSIONALISM matters
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by neksummi(m): 3:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Chai. Dis king disgrace tire me o.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by getopo: 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
you need to see this video by a creative DJ.
pls don't laugh o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PQgqEMzzoBg
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by spicywax(m): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
Stallion84: Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people kept repeating the same question over and over again. You should protect the guest as well while remembering that he is not an omniscience.
I watched a live session of a programme in 2006. 'one on one' where the jigawa state governor couldn't give a tangible response to all questions asked but the anchor was professional. He made the point known to us all and protected the interest of his host.
The Civil defence rep might not be the best candidate for his role or the live interview but using the whole scene as a cheap way to attain fame or viewer-ship is not the best. The show was not meant for that, its not Jerry Springer.
I think the NBC should do something about this and avert further occurrence.

Dude I think you should watch the full video of the interview and see that the DID NOT. They just asked simple straight forward questions. He put himself in that position trying to be smart. And I couldn't undertsand him justifying his position with being in lagos for just 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by spicywax(m): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
Stallion84: Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people kept repeating the same question over and over again. You should protect the guest as well while remembering that he is not an omniscience.
I watched a live session of a programme in 2006. 'one on one' where the jigawa state governor couldn't give a tangible response to all questions asked but the anchor was professional. He made the point known to us all and protected the interest of his host.
The Civil defence rep might not be the best candidate for his role or the live interview but using the whole scene as a cheap way to attain fame or viewer-ship is not the best. The show was not meant for that, its not Jerry Springer.

Dude I think you should watch the full video of the interview and see that the DID NOT. They just asked simple straight forward questions. He put himself in that position trying to be smart. And I couldn't undertsand him justifying his position with being in lagos for just 3 months.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by CrazyMan(m): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
Nigerians are professionals when it comes to ridiculing people....but seriously, that man ought to resign...if I were in his shoes, shame won't even allow me go to work the following day.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by ochukoccna: 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
berryjay: Those presenters should be seriously queried,if the know deir duty and proffesional ethics well,they should have known that its a national Tv for crying out loud, we all agree dat d man messed up and really portrayed the decaying state of the economy, the presenters too, sensing disaster , should hve covered up immediately by supplying the .org, .gov or .com as d case might be.. So that some illitrate members of the public can learn... Dats d purpose of d whole presentation in d first place, to enlighten d public..
Are you serious?!
They should be queried for doing their job
Do you think this is the government propaganda machine aka NTA
This bungling of an interview by their Lagos state top gun gives us an indicaion into the kind of people we hve in various government institutions
No wonder Nigeria is still so lagging behind

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Philolos: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
CrazyMan: Nigerians are professionals when it comes to ridiculing people....but seriously, that man ought to resign...if I were in his shoes, shame won't even allow me go to work the following day.

How is he going to resign? Jobs like that are not easy to come by. I doubt oga at the top would have done a better job. He was probably their best spokes person. The guy depicts the states, the federal government, our education systems, all the institutions. We have just found the right image to all ride on.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by nitusa: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2013

My friend, I want you to to take back your ranting ASAP. When President Bush Jr. was contesting he was interviewed by a report to Name the president
of Afghanistan, he could not and was disgrace on a public television. This shows the amount of decay in Nigerian system. Why just say the truth. "I DON'T KNOW" Or I will call back later to give you the right information. I 100% agree with the job the three journalist did. A journalist is to collect fact without prejudice or bias and that was what they have done. God BLESS CHANNEL TV.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Philolos: 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2013

Are you suggesting "cover-up" journalism? The interviewers were performing investigative journalism, and when they smelt a rat they went for the kill. I think that should be the minimum standard. In my opinion, they did well by letting the question hang and not even calling him on it on the show, by saying, "Mr. Guguru Defense, such a website does not exist sir." They could have chosen to school the guy by telling him "all websites end with a domain name, ".com", ".org", ".gov", ".biz", ".net", etc.

We need more journalists like the ones on Channels TV to help shine some light in all dark places and corners of our public institutions.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by toluleke(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
my oga at d top don tire 4 una question ask d oga at the bottom
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2013
CrazyMan: Nigerians are professionals when it comes to ridiculing people....but seriously, that man ought to resign...if I were in his shoes, shame won't even allow me go to work the following day.
Hmmmm....you are right crase man.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by mexyk(m): 4:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
All dis ogas at d top and below sef wey no write waec. see as dem dey fall our hands shocked
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Isiterere(m): 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
LWKMDH. Is this man crazy?
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by otumfour(m): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
I am shocked some of you are defending this man. This shows the low depth some peoples' mindsets have been programmed to accept mediocrity.

This man was at that interview to achieve ONE MAJOR OBJECTIVE,that is to give viewers and applicants the CORRECT WEBSITE of the NSCDC,so that applicants will stop getting swindled by dubious websites.

AND HE FAILED WOEFULLY at that. No one says he has to be a computer guru,or even know how to operate a computer. He could have just written the web addy on a piece of paper before coming to the interview.

NIGERIANS,stop saying yes to mediocrity. This man should be queried and fired. Thats all. grin

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by obowunmi(m): 5:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
Oga at the top won't let them fire him. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by segun688: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
;Dloool...lol@ "d dot com is silent"..
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by chiefmega: 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
This officer should copyright the phrase before people start using it for commercial purposes like adverts, t-shirts and music. Between pidgin english is our identity.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by LeOstrich: 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
[size=20pt]nerds[/size]
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by naptu2: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
"Did you threaten to overrule him?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by fredopayee(m): 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ochuko.... Dude, do u need garri with okpa plus sugar?
Akpos... Ochuko, u dey madt? U want mek my*oga at the top* to fire me?
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by biolabee(m): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
when asked why he did not come for media chat

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Sparkle777(f): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
Virgin Finder: I have little or no respect for the NSCDC.

I place them in the same category with the Man O War,National Vigilante Squad(NVS) and the modern day Boys Scout.

They are a bundle of half illiterates(at best) and nobodies, to be honest.

Any graduate seeking employment in such corps should be heavily whipped openly.

And now they are allowed to carry arms, terrible!
You must be a big Foo ool. Id iot. Why must you insult everyone just because one persons ignorance. Am sure you secretly applied.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Sparkle777(f): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
jerseyboy: NIGERIANS. Start to think and ask critical questios. What is the need for NSCDC? What does NSCDC do that affects the life of an everyday Nigerian positively? Another uniformed agency in the seas of multiples of uniformed agecies while insecurity grows. Colapse this NSCDC and reform the police force.
I think you should have made some research on Civil Defence functions before blabbing. Btw.are an olopa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

So Funny Pics To Start Your Week With I Guess So / Nigerians Release Lists Of Kings Greater Than The Oba Of Lagos / Funny Kermit The Frog Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.