Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect (8718 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Demainman1: 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Frobel, Here is your answer or did u choose not to see this post?
italo:

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you,
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb JESUS,
holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

slow down, think and then comment.

I repeat, it's a free world and anyone is allowed to worship anything or not even worship for that matter.

But when you associate your beliefs with a system , make sure it is aligned factually and not a fallacious assumption based on personal presence.

If you are a Christian , stick to the words and commands of JESUS. If you don't you are deceiving yourself and possibly others .

Bro. Frosbel, Jesus did not ask us to misrepresent what others say. It can be understood when one misinterpret scriptures but to misinterpret the speech someone made is something else.

I really do not comment much when someone choose to bash the Catholic church but this case is just very straight forward and I wonder why you do not understand the speech of the pope when it is very understandable to all.

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
musKeeto:
But they believe in the Trinity, don't they? And you don't. That's why Father can mean anything to you, while it covers The Three Musketeers for them. tongue

Just pulling your legs this morning.. off your thread.. smiley
hehehe, now i'm suspecting frosbel, if frosbel was the ex catholic he claims to be he shuld know the prayer "glory be to the father..."
the prayer is:
Glory be to the father, and to the son and to the holyspirit...
That is what the pope said, and "the son" is Jesus christ.
Take am easy. I also remember
"hail mary full of grace, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb JESUS
pope francis speech mentions Jesus by name, by his title as lord and by his position as son of God.
Peace.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
Lololol. I would like to see the expression on the face of frosbel when he is in his anti-catholic mode. Nairalanders eh! Guys, humour me.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
^^^

I am always in an anti-Roman Catholic Mode cheesy
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Pygru: 5:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
Idolatry is SIN
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Demainman1: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
Pygru: Idolatry is SIN

Yet you worship your General Overseers!! and their Wives!!!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

I am always in an anti-Roman Catholic Mode cheesy

Be wary lest it turns into hate!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
it has always been hate
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
Is this not a simple truth. In his speech, he did not mention Jesus not to talk of Christ. May be he was in haste to go and pray in madona.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Be wary lest it turns into hate!

again , you misunderstand.

There is a clear distinction between the PEOPLE and the ORGANISATION.

The people are dear to me and all, the Organisation is not.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 12:30am On Mar 15, 2013
Even after you and frosbel die of jealousy, the Catholic Church will continue to grow from strength to strength.

Viva il Papa!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 15, 2013
italo: Even after you and frosbel die of jealousy, the Catholic Church will continue to grow from strength to strength.

Viva il Papa!

You must be confused .

Jealous of a PAGAN institution that I was once part of and left undecided

Praise to Jesus , the real Father of the Church.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by yommyuk: 1:39am On Mar 15, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21793224

@ OP. Check out the Pope’s speech and listen to the keywords/phrases that he used.

THE GOSPEL
PETER
JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD
I AM GOING TO FOLLOW YOU
THE CROSS
GOD’S DISCIPLES
GRACE
PRESENCE OF GOD
CROSS OF GOD
BLOOD OF JESUS ON THE CROSS
JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED
HOLY SPIRIT

Matthew 7:1
“Judge not, that you be not judged”
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Matthew 12:36-37
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

I agree that the catholic church has it's issues as an organisation, but isn't that generic in all other churches?

Take it easy bro smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 15, 2013
^^^

My CELE friend, looks like you are trying to confuse two speeches smiley. One on his election 2 days ago and another today.

It remains that the catholic church is PAGAN.

The most dangerous LIE is the LIE that has TRUTH mixed with it. wink
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 6:42am On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel:

You must be confused .

Atheists call Christianity "superstition" yet spend their whole life on it.

Anti-Catholics call Catholicism "paganism" yet spend their whole life on it.

There's just something so powerful and attractive about The Truth.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 6:45am On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

My CELE friend, looks like you are trying to confuse two speeches smiley. One on his election 2 days ago and another today.

It remains that the catholic church is PAGAN.

The most dangerous LIE is the LIE that has TRUTH mixed with it. wink

Oh! So now the pope calls "Jesus" abi... He has suddenly repented abi...

My friend, stop making a fool of your jealous self.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by anjoh66: 7:05am On Mar 15, 2013
This is an extract from his first homily:

When we walk without the Cross, when we build without the Cross, and when we profess Christ without the Cross, we are not disciples of the Lord. We are worldly, we are bishops, priests, cardinals, Popes, but not disciples of the Lord.

I would like that all of us, after these days of grace, might have the courage - the courage - to walk in the presence of the Lord, with the Cross of the Lord: to build the Church on the Blood of the Lord, which is shed on the Cross, and to profess the one glory, Christ Crucified. In this way, the Church will go forward.

The whole homily can be read here:
http://en.radiovaticana.va/articolo.asp?c=673526

An interessting thing is that this new Pope has strong bounds to the charismatic movement as they themselves testify to here:
http://iccrs.org/en/index.php/blog/comments/habemus_papam_franciscum

This article could also be of interest:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/march-web-only/luis-palau-pope-francis-drinks-mate-evangelicals-bergoglio.html
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 7:42am On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel:

You must be confused .

I wonder what could make me envy their practices. If i had interest in dibia(native doctors) practices, then i can join their modern institution.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2013
Boomark:

I wonder what could make me envy their practices. If i had interest in dibia(native doctors) practices, then i can join their modern institution.

When people like you and frosbel see that, despite your attacks and efforts to discredit the Catholic Church, God's children all over the world (Catholics, non-Catholic Christians, Muslims, Bhuddists, Hindus, Atheists etc) are still powerfully drawn to their Mother, the Church, and it continues to grow from strength to strength, you feel like killing yourself, I'm sure.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 8:59am On Mar 15, 2013
anjoh66: This is an extract from his first homily:
The whole homily can be read here:
http://en.radiovaticana.va/articolo.asp?c=673526

An interessting thing is that this new Pope has strong bounds to the charismatic movement as they themselves testify to here:
http://iccrs.org/en/index.php/blog/comments/habemus_papam_franciscum

This article could also be of interest:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/march-web-only/luis-palau-pope-francis-drinks-mate-evangelicals-bergoglio.html
the luis palau guy seems to have a lot to say about pope francis.
That first homily was a cracker, short, direct, straight to the point. If you are not preaching christ and him crucified then you arent been his disciple. Wow! That was a powerful sermon.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2013
Ubenedictus: the luis palau guy seems to have a lot to say about pope francis.
That first homily was a cracker, short, direct, straight to the point. If you are not preaching christ and him crucified then you arent been his disciple. Wow! That was a powerful sermon.

and therein lies the greatest deception.

Coming closer to the evangelical position to win them over while holding onto the goddess of Madonna, bowing before the decayed flesh of 'saints', conducting the heretical and totally unscriptural mass , praying to saints and the rest of these truly shocking rituals , is nothing more than deception on a grand scale.

But no surprise here, the institutional church will hand over their allegiance to the Pope, but the faithful few, the little flock and those who choose the narrow way will reject outright any mixture of Christ with Paganism no matter how little.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 9:42am On Mar 15, 2013
Is this thread still about the Pope mentioning Jesus or not?

Or is the OP desperately trying to derail his own thread because the pope has made him out to be a fool?

"When one does not profess JESUS CHRIST, one professes the worldliness of the devil."--Pope Francis.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2013
Ubenedictus: the luis palau guy seems to have a lot to say about pope francis.

I think we should be mindful of the truthful state of all denominations - whether Catholic, Anglican, Evangelical, Pentecostal not to talk of the disgrace that is the "prosperity gospel"! We all have things seriously wrong with us institutionally and of course even as individuals; we all have things wrong with both our doctrines and our practices.

Some may get some things right and others wrong and vice versa for others (if you know what I mean).

In this light, I concentrate my criticisms to very specific things. I would be the first to say that even with the "prosperity gospel" for which one can employ quite harsh words first used in a different but related context in the 1900 as "the vomit of satan", you will find genuinely committed Christians truly trusting in Christ even amidst the morass of what passes for doctrine and practice. Similarly, you will find many other good things coming out of the "prosperity gospel movement" as a whole even though it remains a disgrace and aberration and I will strongly encourage people to flee from it.

Similarly, there are many things seriously wrong with the Roman Catholic Church; it has done many bad bad bad things in its history and is still doing some now; on the other hand the Roman Catholic Church has still contributed immensely to Christianity as a whole. Unquestionably, there are many many many good individual Christians within the Roman Catholic Church and who is to say, without specific knowledge and information, that the new Roman Catholic pope is not a truly devout and thoroughly honourable man?

Luis Palau has long had much respect in the Evangelical Christian community, if he thinks well of the new pope, the least those who do not know anything or much about the pope can do is wait and see!

Anyway, mentioning "our Lord" twice satisfies (or should reasonably satisfy) the "demand" of the fastidious that he should "mention" Jesus (as if mention is all that matters).

@Ubenedictus

A little digression but quite related: I noticed your as ever informed comments on that 'Septuagint' thread and thankfully some of the errors and misinformation were corrected. One thing struck me among all you said i.e. your statement that "i doubt that the matter is black and white". It reminded me of something I said elsewhere: "many issues are far far far more complex than the discussions here; in fact, that is why I keep out of a lot of discussions" https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-obama-not-christian/14#11031627

(Sorry I have been 'mischievous' to take advantage of my comments/post on this thread for the indirect reference to the other thread).

smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel:

and therein lies the greatest deception.

Coming closer to the evangelical position to win them over while holding onto the goddess of Madonna, bowing before the decayed flesh of 'saints', conducting the heretical and totally unscriptural mass , praying to saints and the rest of these truly shocking rituals , is nothing more than deception on a grand scale.

But no surprise here, the institutional church will hand over their allegiance to the Pope, but the faithful few, the little flock and those who choose the narrow way will reject outright any mixture of Christ with Paganism no matter how little.

Pride make us ignore to say "I am wrong" when we see that we are. You made an allegation that there was no mention of Jesus through out his speech. However someone has pointed out the name "Jesus" in the same prayer you quoted, another has brought it again to your notice, but no, you will rather ignore it than accept your gaffe. Pride, pride, Pride...it could only come from one source.

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2013
Syncan:

Pride make us ignore to say "I am wrong" when we see that we are. You made an allegation that there was mention of Jesus through out his speech. However someone has pointed out the name "Jesus" in the same prayer you quoted, another has brought it again to your notice, but no, you will rather ignore it than accept your gaffe. Pride, pride, Pride...it could only come from one source.

Do you guys read ?

He made 2 speeches, one a day after his election and one on the day of his election.

This post is about his introductory speech on day 1.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel:

Do you guys read ?

He made 2 speeches, one a day after his election and one on the day of his election.

This post is about his introductory speech on day 1.

With due respect, i think you're the one who is not reading. Your very post includes the prayer "Hail Mary", In that prayer, as someone submitted in full, is the name "Jesus" conspicuously mentioned. You may want to revisit your first post.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel: Brothers and sisters, good evening.

You all know that the duty of the Conclave was to give a bishop to Rome. It seems that my brother Cardinals have come almost to the ends of the Earth to get him ... but here we are. I thank you for the welcome that has come from the diocesan community of Rome.

First of all, I would say a prayer: Pray for our Bishop Emeritus Benedict XVI ... Let us all pray together for him, that the Lord bless him and Our Lady protect him.

Our Father ...

Hail Mary ...

Glory to the Father ...

italo:

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you,
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb JESUS,
holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Demain_man: @Frobel, Here is your answer or did u choose not to see this post?

I'm making it clearer for you.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 10:48am On Mar 15, 2013
Enigma:
I think we should be mindful of the truthful state of all denominations - whether Catholic, Anglican, Evangelical, Pentecostal not to talk of the disgrace that is the "prosperity gospel"! We all have things seriously wrong with us institutionally and of course even as individuals; we all have things wrong with both our doctrines and our practices.

Some may get some things right and others wrong and vice versa for others (if you know what I mean)

Just to correct you where you deliberately go wrong.

The Catholic Church is not a denomination. It is God's one true Church and so there can be nothing wrong with its doctrine as it is God's doctrine. At least that is what the Catholic Church says about itself.

Stop trying to glorify and validate your ecclesial community by referring to it as a denomination among many, including the Catholic Church.

Jesus doesnt like millions of communities teaching contradictory doctrines and lying that they are all inspired by the one Holy Spirit...and you know it.

The line cannot be blurred. There is only one Church founded by Jesus 2000yrs ago. It was the Catholic Church. No "denominations."
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2013
^^^ The Roman Catholic church is just another denomination; one with very serious errors and faults.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2013
I'm getting you.

'Jesus' millions of Churches teach millions of contradictory doctrines, including the gay "church" that teaches that homosexuality is okay in God's eyes'

You have a right to your opinion and I get you...only I disagree.

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by BBDelta(m): 11:48am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

HAIL MARY.............
....... blessed is the fruit of thy womb JESUS..........

Was that not part of the speech??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Join Pastor Chris To Pray On Yookos / Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)? / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.