Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect (8720 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 6:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Syncan:

Oh...how our zeal to condemn drives us far from God. Irrespective of your mode of worship of the christian God, if what comes from you is not from the father of truth, it will surely come from the father of lies. The spirit of truth is also the spirit of humility and that is the one called "LOVE". By their fruits we shall know them. Frosbel! only the truth shall set you free. When you're wrong, please say "Sorry,I'm wrong". That's christianity!Anything else is from the enemy.

My brother, i did not see Jesus in the quote i commented on. Nobody is saying the pope have not mention Jesus in his life. If you see Jesus there tell me, if not you have to apologize for slandering me. embarassed
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Pygru: Idolatry is SIN

Who practises idolatory? Dose images are not meant 2b worshipped but 2serve as a reminder of events of early christians and Christ and our beloved Mother Mary. No priest has ever preached dat anyone should bow down to the images or statues. Anyone doin dat is PURELY on his own. Datz nt d doctrine of d catholic church. So my friend learn 2make enquiries b4 talking. Ignorance=lack of knowledge. Remember God says: "My people perish 4lack of knowledge." dnt let ur ignorance make u perish.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Enigma: Interesting irony going on here. smiley

The new RC pope, AFAWK, believes that Jesus IS God.

He makes a speech in which he twice mentions the Lord.

By "the Lord" the RC pope is clearly referring to his God i.e. Jesus Christ.

We now have people who do NOT believe that Jesus is God --- criticising the new RC pope for not "mentioning" Jesus.

Incredibilé! smiley

cool

If i quote Revelation 3:12 where Jesus was telling us about his God, it will be incredibulu in everyone's eyes how enigma will disappear/bolt away.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by PastorKun(m): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

you have a good point about the "trinity".

"Trinity" another false doctrine promoted by the catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
Richieboyn:

Who practises idolatory? Dose images are not meant 2b worshipped but 2serve as a reminder of events of early christians and Christ and our beloved Mother Mary. No priest has ever preached dat anyone should bow down to the images or statues. Anyone doin dat is PURELY on his own. Datz nt d doctrine of d catholic church. So my friend learn 2make enquiries b4 talking. Ignorance=lack of knowledge. Remember God says: "My people perish 4lack of knowledge." dnt let ur ignorance make u perish.

frosbel: ^^^

still trying to defend paganism ? SMH.

What is the pope doing here? Decoration or what?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

You must be confused .

Jealous of a PAGAN institution that I was once part of and left undecided

Praise to Jesus , the real Father of the Church.

you were 'ONCE A PART' of it and so what? What challenge(s) has the churdh faced as a result of ur absence? Abeg go boil beans.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
Boomark:

If i quote Revelation 3:12 where Jesus was telling us about his God, it will be incredibulu in everyone's eyes how enigma will disappear/bolt away.

Not wasting one's time with idiocy and its peddlers is a different matter from to "disappear/bolt away." smiley

cool
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

My CELE friend, looks like you are trying to confuse two speeches smiley. One on his election 2 days ago and another today.

It remains that the catholic church is PAGAN.

The most dangerous LIE is the LIE that has TRUTH mixed with it. wink

See who de call psn pagan. D annoyin tn about u Jehovah witnesses is dat u always claim ur d best. Get a life young man and stop being jobless. Your criticisms are making us grow and expand stronly. The most dangerous STUPIDITY is the STUPIDITY that has IGNORANCE and ADAMANCE mixed with it. May God help u.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
what are you people doing here? worshiping the bible or what?[/quote]What is the pope doing here? Decoration or what?[quote author=Boomark]

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ The Roman Catholic church is just another denomination; one with very serious errors and faults.

smiley

Please help us correct the errors and faults.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

bitter for what purpose Mr, grin.

You are talking about many of us who were catholics and left because of the gross paganism that is practised in the name of Christanity.

This is the transcript of his speech, http://minnesota.publicradio.org/features/npr.php?id=174224173 , I did not hear JESUS.

Besides , even if he did mention Jesus in latin or whatever language , it means absolutely zilch because he concluded his payer as follows :

We will see one another soon.

Tomorrow I want to go to pray the Madonna, that she may protect Rome.

So it is now goddess Madonna that protects human beings, how disgusting can it get !!!!

yu wer catholic before and so what? Yu've left d church. Leave na! Well it is said that "if nobody talks about you den u are a nobody." this only shows us how important we are in the society. Thats why we are always trending topics. I'm a PROUD CATHOLIC.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ijawkid(m): 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
italo: what are you people doing here? worshiping the bible or what?What is the pope doing here? Decoration or what?

Italo u never still stop this your mumu run arounds??.......angry
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ijawkid(m): 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Richieboyn:

See who de call psn pagan. D annoyin tn about u Jehovah witnesses is dat u always claim ur d best. Get a life young man and stop being jobless. Your criticisms are making us grow and expand stronly. The most dangerous STUPIDITY is the STUPIDITY that has IGNORANCE and ADAMANCE mixed with it. May God help u.

Frosbel is not a JW....angry.......face the truth and stop running around.......
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Boomark:

Taaaa! I will continue to rebuke idol worship till tomorrow. All this jealousy, bitterness, shamelessness etc are they really for me? I don't think so.

After watching listening to the video, i heard the pope mention Jesus. What he said is Seigneur Jesus. If you don't listen well you might not hear it.

seigneur Jesus means LORD Jesus. Stop displaying ur illiteracy publicly.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
Boomark:

Taaaa! I will continue to rebuke idol worship till tomorrow. All this jealousy, bitterness, shamelessness etc are they really for me? I don't think so.

After watching listening to the video, i heard the pope mention Jesus. What he said is Seigneur Jesus. If you don't listen well you might not hear it.

Later

Boomark:

My brother, i did not see Jesus in the quote i commented on. Nobody is saying the pope have not mention Jesus in his life. If you see Jesus there tell me, if not you have to apologize for slandering me. embarassed

Dear brother, you are the one that has both comments above. Do not worry,I'm sorry you felt bad about my speech, though I wonder which of them you consider a slander to you.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ijawkid(m): 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
Boomark:

What is the pope doing here? Decoration or what?

Would that pope as old as he is say that that carving of an imaginary mary is serving as a reminder of the biblical mary??.....if this is not stark idolatry then I wonder what it is..........
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel: If the Roman Catholics did not believe in the Trinity , they will cease to be Catholics.

The Pope has to believe in this false concept to be at the head of the apostate church.

Besides , he mentioned Lord and so what , does this explicitly translate to mean Jesus and even if it does , what Jesus is this. Is this Jesus the Son of God and Messiah or is this the Jesus of the trinity who was GOD and by inference not fully Human ?

The catholic church will continue to be a great deception and destroyer of the precious souls of MEN.

...and Jehovah witnesses will continue to be mumus thinking they are all-knowing and dat de are d best. Risking themselves by judging other denominations as against the law of Christ.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus is the Son of GOD, what is so complex about this ?

Even the demons that plague your church knew this and referred to him with the right title.

"He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God's name don't torture me!" - Mark 5:7

I am sure that if Jesus was Almighty God the demons would have had no qualms in calling him GOD.

Jesus himself said , numerous times that "the father is greater than I", "I can do nothing without the father" or, "all the works I do, the Father does through me".

Sorry chaps, my Jesus was not a Schizophrenic.

Yes, the father is greater than him. But John 10:30 says: "I and the father are ONE." so...? My friend plz go and get a job. I can see joblessness is d prime cause of ur mumu post
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

Even if he mentioned Jesus, which he did not explicitly by name, it is not the Jesus of the bible who he opposes in every possible way.

If you want to know about your POPE and the prophecy about him, read this :

"Don't be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed--the one who brings destruction." - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

By the way, I was once a leader in the catholic church, I can only thank God he brought me out of this LIE.

You were ONCE a leader. Fine. Now u've gone. So.... Be gone forever! U dnt contribute nothing to our growth.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

Even if he mentioned Jesus, which he did not explicitly by name, it is not the Jesus of the bible who he opposes in every possible way.

If you want to know about your POPE and the prophecy about him, read this :

"Don't be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed--the one who brings destruction." - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

By the way, I was once a leader in the catholic church, I can only thank God he brought me out of this LIE.

Humility continues to evade you.Though we're hidden in anonymity,but your actions speak so loud that your words become mere noise. You accused a man of not mentioning Jesus, irrelevant as that may be to those he shepherds,It has long been pointed out to you that you acknowledged that he did say a prayer "Hail Mary" which included words from the scripture, and in this prayer was the word "Jesus" reverently mentioned. The accusation remains the title of this thread and it is wrong. You need to acknowledge your gaffe, it is true Christianity to say "I was wrong, I'm sorry". As long as you do not...all i see is pride, the more you put up defenses, even you know you're going far away from light.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ijawkid(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
Richieboyn:

...and Jehovah witnesses will continue to be mumus thinking they are all-knowing and dat de are d best. Risking themselves by judging other denominations as against the law of Christ.

Frosbel no be Jehovahs witness eHhhhhh.....
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
truthislight:

So, minus the chant called "hail mary", the pope does not know Withing himself that Jesus is the head of Christianity?

It is really a shame.
How then will he even remember the father?
Was that the way of the apostles that basically sang Jesus christ to people?

Frosbel, the pope if he is a follower of christ, he should not have waited for a chant to remember his leader.

If the head is not digging on christ directly but madona in his first speech what do you expect from others?

Maybe he was too ashamed to mention the name of Jesus christ directly to the whole world watching.

Ok, he does not have christ dead body it seems.
Smh.

Beside, being a follower of christ even goes beyond the mentioning of christ name, you live it 24/7.

However, how will you direct the worldwide viewers to christ if you cant talk about christ to all of them directly?

Was it a political gathering or a christian one?

The truth is, if it is just the "hail mary" that brought up Jesus name, then the pope did not mention Jesus name in his personal speech and frosbel was right.

Is "hail mary" his personal speech?
Was "hail mary" not in use befor he the pope was born?

Was his speech the whole congregation speech?

About the first on bold, i guess you've not read, heard or watched anything on the life of this Pope, well, just visit a friend that has a pay tv with CNN and...
About the second, what an argument, I will like to see frosbel use it as his defense that the Pope did not mention Jesus in his speech. Frosbel! lets see how low you can go.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
ijawkid:

Italo u never still stop this your mumu run arounds??.......angry

Please excuse me, there are intelligent men here I want to discuss with...unlike the other thread where you idiots were having a field day.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
Syncan:

Humility continues to evade you.Though we're hidden in anonymity,but your actions speak so loud that your words become mere noise. You accused a man of not mentioning Jesus, irrelevant as that may be to those he shepherds,It has long been pointed out to you that you acknowledged that he did say a prayer "Hail Mary" which included words from the scripture, and in this prayer was the word "Jesus" reverently mentioned. The accusation remains the title of this thread and it is wrong. You need to acknowledge your gaffe, it is true Christianity to say "I was wrong, I'm sorry". As long as you do not...all i see is pride, the more you put up defenses, even you know you're going far away from light.

!!!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by truthislight: 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
I have always looked at this portion of the bible with curiosity >>>

frosbel:

And this:

"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called god, or that is worshipped; so that he as god sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is god." (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

Who is this person that is sitteth on the temple of the Gods?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by truthislight: 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
Enigma:

Not wasting one's time with idiocy and its peddlers is a different matter from to "disappear/bolt away." smiley

cool

lol. grin

Who wants to do enigma vex. Lol. grin

Oga, how far nah?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
truthislight:
"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called god, or that is worshipped; so that he as god sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is god." (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

Who is this person that is sitteth on the temple of the God's?

Brother, you have a superior Bible knowledge, please tell me. I too want to know the person.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

and therein lies the greatest deception.

Coming closer to the evangelical position to win them over while holding onto the goddess of Madonna, bowing before the decayed flesh of 'saints', conducting the heretical and totally unscriptural mass , praying to saints and the rest of these truly shocking rituals , is nothing more than deception on a grand scale.

But no surprise here, the institutional church will hand over their allegiance to the Pope, but the faithful few, the little flock and those who choose the narrow way will reject outright any mixture of Christ with Paganism no matter how little.
hehehe, you lack the capacity to be unbaised when talking about d catholic church. Sorry if that sounds harsh but d tactics u are using is d very one used by hitler, it say "never agree there is something good about you opponent/enemy" that is y u cant even agree that pope francis homily was a good one.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by truthislight: 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
italo:

Brother, you have a superior Bible knowledge, please tell me. I too want to know the person.

I dont have "a superior bible knowledge", am still learning.

Care to educate me?
Thank you in anticipation.
Peace.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Enigma:

I think we should be mindful of the truthful state of all denominations - whether Catholic, Anglican, Evangelical, Pentecostal not to talk of the disgrace that is the "prosperity gospel"! We all have things seriously wrong with us institutionally and of course even as individuals; we all have things wrong with both our doctrines and our practices.

Some may get some things right and others wrong and vice versa for others (if you know what I mean).

In this light, I concentrate my criticisms to very specific things. I would be the first to say that even with the "prosperity gospel" for which one can employ quite harsh words first used in a different but related context in the 1900 as "the vomit of satan", you will find genuinely committed Christians truly trusting in Christ even amidst the morass of what passes for doctrine and practice. Similarly, you will find many other good things coming out of the "prosperity gospel movement" as a whole even though it remains a disgrace and aberration and I will strongly encourage people to flee from it.

Similarly, there are many things seriously wrong with the Roman Catholic Church; it has done many bad bad bad things in its history and is still doing some now; on the other hand the Roman Catholic Church has still contributed immensely to Christianity as a whole. Unquestionably, there are many many many good individual Christians within the Roman Catholic Church and who is to say, without specific knowledge and information, that the new Roman Catholic pope is not a truly devout and thoroughly honourable man?

Luis Palau has long had much respect in the Evangelical Christian community, if he thinks well of the new pope, the least those who do not know anything or much about the pope can do is wait and see!

Anyway, mentioning "our Lord" twice satisfies (or should reasonably satisfy) the "demand" of the fastidious that he should "mention" Jesus (as if mention is all that matters).

@Ubenedictus

A little digression but quite related: I noticed your as ever informed comments on that 'Septuagint' thread and thankfully some of the errors and misinformation were corrected. One thing struck me among all you said i.e. your statement that "i doubt that the matter is black and white". It reminded me of something I said elsewhere: "many issues are far far far more complex than the discussions here; in fact, that is why I keep out of a lot of discussions" https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-obama-not-christian/14#11031627

(Sorry I have been 'mischievous' to take advantage of my comments/post on this thread for the indirect reference to the other thread).

smiley

while i cant agree with you on the bolded, i think you had many points right.
As for this thread, i think we have reasonably shown d pope mentions Jesus by name once, by title 2ice and by position once, i expect mr(s) frosbel to apologise humbly for given us a dead goat to beat and respectfully end the thread. The guy has derail his own thread and am just imagining, why would someone go that far just to brand d catholic church as bad.
As for d other thread, thanks for the compliments, i believe those topics are complex and should be look at with a level head, on the otherhand am a bit suprised that most christians know next to nothing about how come the texts they claim to be a great authority for doctrine.
Peace
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ The Roman Catholic church is just another denomination; one with very serious errors and faults.

smiley
this is a position i'll love to discuss with you someday. Keep that in mind.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
Enigma:

cool

I will take that as a bolt away statement. just be careful on your way, take care!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)? / Why You Shouldn't Hurt Anyone / The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.