Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect (8723 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
italo:

When people like you and frosbel see that, despite your attacks and efforts to discredit the Catholic Church, God's children all over the world (Catholics, non-Catholic Christians, Muslims, Bhuddists, Hindus, Atheists etc) are still powerfully drawn to their Mother, the Church, and it continues to grow from strength to strength, you feel like killing yourself, I'm sure.

How can i kill my self when am sure i want to help you people. Receiving my help is not by force. And am not doing it to lay hands on you tithe because am not a tithe pastor.

Just know that the road to destruction is very broad.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
Boomark:

How can i kill my self when am sure i want to help you people. Receiving my help is not by force. And am not doing it to lay hands on you tithe because am not a tithe pastor.

Scripture is so right."My people perish out of Ignorance". Do not worry brethren, by their fruits we shall know them. I'm still waiting for Frosbel on my exposition earlier.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
Boomark:

So does that mean that Christianity being the world's largest religion, is the road to destruction?

The bitterness people like you and frosbel feel is palpable even from the internet. You're just jealous of the continuous progress of God's Church so you even go as far as looking for faults where there is none. At a time when even the worst unbelievers are acclaiming the new pope as a humble and simple man, it is eating you haters up and you had to come up with this rubbish.

Have you ever spoken good about the Catholic Church? I challenge you to bring a quote of yours to that effect.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
I dnt see anything logical in d thread. Every post is 99% sentimental. If u want to win a war, u begin by fetching ur weapons. Dnt luk 4 cheap popularity where dia's none.
When d insane op got sumtin abt catholic,let me knw bt 4 nw. He's jst st.u.pid as an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ichuka(m): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
@OP
Atleast he quoted a verse from the bible ..Matthew6:9-13.
But merely quoting scriptures dnt indicate if one is a Christain or not
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by yommyuk: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
Enigma:

I think we should be mindful of the truthful state of all denominations - whether Catholic, Anglican, Evangelical, Pentecostal not to talk of the disgrace that is the "prosperity gospel"! We all have things seriously wrong with us institutionally and of course even as individuals; we all have things wrong with both our doctrines and our practices.

Some may get some things right and others wrong and vice versa for others (if you know what I mean).

In this light, I concentrate my criticisms to very specific things. I would be the first to say that even with the "prosperity gospel" for which one can employ quite harsh words first used in a different but related context in the 1900 as "the vomit of satan", you will find genuinely committed Christians truly trusting in Christ even amidst the morass of what passes for doctrine and practice. Similarly, you will find many other good things coming out of the "prosperity gospel movement" as a whole even though it remains a disgrace and aberration and I will strongly encourage people to flee from it.

Similarly, there are many things seriously wrong with the Roman Catholic Church; it has done many bad bad bad things in its history and is still doing some now; on the other hand the Roman Catholic Church has still contributed immensely to Christianity as a whole. Unquestionably, there are many many many good individual Christians within the Roman Catholic Church and who is to say, without specific knowledge and information, that the new Roman Catholic pope is not a truly devout and thoroughly honourable man?

Luis Palau has long had much respect in the Evangelical Christian community, if he thinks well of the new pope, the least those who do not know anything or much about the pope can do is wait and see!

Anyway, mentioning "our Lord" twice satisfies (or should reasonably satisfy) the "demand" of the fastidious that he should "mention" Jesus (as if mention is all that matters).

@Ubenedictus

A little digression but quite related: I noticed your as ever informed comments on that 'Septuagint' thread and thankfully some of the errors and misinformation were corrected. One thing struck me among all you said i.e. your statement that "i doubt that the matter is black and white". It reminded me of something I said elsewhere: "many issues are far far far more complex than the discussions here; in fact, that is why I keep out of a lot of discussions" https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-obama-not-christian/14#11031627

(Sorry I have been 'mischievous' to take advantage of my comments/post on this thread for the indirect reference to the other thread).

smiley

wink
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by proo212(m): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sadly Frosbel is on point. I dont agree with him on some things but even I heard that speech. I listened again to be sure of what he said and yes the Madonna bit just threw me. The bible says Jesus is coming to rapture a church without spot or wrinkle (not madonna).

Someone accused him (Frosbel) of pride, but pride here will be constantly hearing the truth and not walking away from because of history or sentiment.

And for me I admit I got it wrong about who was going to be elected Pope. He was not one of the favourites.

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
i.chuka:
@OP
Atleast he quoted a verse from the bible ..Matthew6:9-13.
But merely quoting scriptures dnt indicate if one is a Christain or not

proo212: Sadly Frosbel is on point. I dont agree with him on some things but even I heard that speech. I listened again to be sure of what he said and yes the Madonna bit just threw me. The bible says Jesus is coming to rapture a church without spot or wrinkle (not madonna).

Someone accused him (Frosbel) of pride, but pride here will be constantly hearing the truth and not walking away from because of history or sentiment.

And for me I admit I got it wrong about who was going to be elected Pope. He was not one of the favourites.

Why are you guys such shameless liars? Dont you even fear God?

Frosbel said the Pope didnt mention "JESUS" in his speech.

But the man clearly mentioned JESUS as he said the "Hail Mary" in full.

View this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtPSTGfQzHw and check on 2:05 min
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
italo:

So does that mean that Christianity being the world's largest religion, is the road to destruction?

The bitterness people like you and frosbel feel is palpable even from the internet. You're just jealous of the continuous progress of God's Church so you even go as far as looking for faults where there is none. At a time when even the worst unbelievers are acclaiming the new pope as a humble and simple man, it is eating you haters up and you had to come up with this rubbish.

Have you ever spoken good about the Catholic Church? I challenge you to bring a quote of yours to that effect.

Na wa o! Bitterness in what way? Jealousy in what way?

Have you seen me insult any body in this forum before. Do you know why insults don't affect me? Cos i have nothing against anybody. You my witness at least.

I cannot pet you when i see you are going the wrong way. Especially when the good you have done is greatly overshadowed by the wrong you are doing while you think you are in the right path.

All i have to gain is you people back to God. No one is perfect but when you see what is wrong, accept that it is wrong. You are not a Christian because of your pope or pastor. It is best to obey God rather than men. Do not fear them, fear God.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Boomark: Is this not a simple truth. In his speech, he did not mention Jesus not to talk of Christ. May be he was in haste to go and pray in madona.

My friend you are a jealous, bitter and shameless liar and hater of the Catholic Church.

Address the topic of the thread. Did the Pope mention JESUS or not? The video above says he did; you and frosbel say he didnt. Who should we believe?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by yommyuk: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
italo:

My friend you are a jealous, bitter and shameless liar and hater of the Catholic Church.

Address the topic of the thread. Did the Pope mention JESUS or not? The video above says he did; you and frosbel say he didnt. Who should we believe?

I wonder o
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
italo:

bitter for what purpose Mr, grin.

You are talking about many of us who were catholics and left because of the gross paganism that is practised in the name of Christanity.

This is the transcript of his speech, http://minnesota.publicradio.org/features/npr.php?id=174224173 , I did not hear JESUS.

Besides , even if he did mention Jesus in latin or whatever language , it means absolutely zilch because he concluded his payer as follows :

We will see one another soon.

Tomorrow I want to go to pray the Madonna, that she may protect Rome.

So it is now goddess Madonna that protects human beings, how disgusting can it get !!!!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
yommyuk:

I wonder o

Cele and Catholics in agreement, what else did I expect smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by wonda26(m): 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
Come, Mr. Frosbel abi whatever, u started a topic with a simple question, that the Pope did not mention Jesus in his speech. Now, comments have pointed out where the name is mentioned at least once (The Hail Mary prayer even in ur quote), but no. U have now become blind and prefer to derail ur own thread. Plz, kindly address these comments which were given in response to your topic.
To all: i get amazed at how you all keep arguing over all these religion issues. No matter how much u keep arguing, would it change the hundredths of religion in the world? U feel urs is the ideal one right? Allright, follow it up squarely whatever it is. Why bother so much about what people choose to follow? U talking of the divisions in the christian community, huh? How about other religions? Islam, buddhism, etc? Is it not people that are following these religion? So to what end are ur rants on nairaland here?
As for me I know my faith, i see nothing that can make me change from my faith... Well, that's all!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
DID THE POPE MENTION JESUS OR DID HE NOT MENTION JESUS?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by yommyuk: 2:12am On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

Cele and Catholics in agreement, what else did I expect smiley
grin

Our accord is Christ.

I am only commenting on the title of your post.
“ (Jesus Not Mentioned In Pope Speech)”
Maybe not in his first speech, but in the second one, He surely did.
So my friend, r u saying that catholics/pope do not believe in Jesus Christ?
Please clarify.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 2:18am On Mar 16, 2013
italo:

Taaaa! I will continue to rebuke idol worship till tomorrow. All this jealousy, bitterness, shamelessness etc are they really for me? I don't think so.

After watching listening to the video, i heard the pope mention Jesus. What he said is Seigneur Jesus. If you don't listen well you might not hear it.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 16, 2013
What's all this talk about idol worship? If you want to discuss that open another thread.This thread is about "did the pope mention Jesus in is first speech?"

Frosbel please answer the question
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 7:37am On Mar 16, 2013
yommyuk:
grin

Our accord is Christ.

I am only commenting on the title of your post.
“ (Jesus Not Mentioned In Pope Speech)”
Maybe not in his first speech, but in the second one, He surely did.
So my friend, r u saying that catholics/pope do not believe in Jesus Christ?
Please clarify.

He even mentioned Jesus in his first speech when he prayed the "Hail Mary" in full...

Watch the video above.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2013
Boomark:
After watching listening to the video, i heard the pope mention Jesus. What he said is Seigneur Jesus. If you don't listen well you might not hear it.

And what do you do when you have brought slander upon 1.2 billion people who have done nothing to harm you, by saying something that turned out to be a lie?

What does a follower of Christ do?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 16, 2013
Does the pope eat rice and beans? undecided
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2013
italo:

And what do you do when you have brought slander upon 1.2 billion people who have done nothing to harm you, by saying something that turned out to be a lie?

What does a follower of Christ do?

I made my comment base on what i saw here. Well sorry to you guys.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
Boomark:

I made my comment base on what i saw here. Well sorry to you guys.

Time will tell if you are truly sorry for slandering us with a LIE. We'll see if you will or will not do it again.

I have 2 questions for you.

1. If you who wasnt the OP of this brainless post have apologized, what do you think is making the OP (frosbel) adamant and refusing to own up to his fault, much less apologize. It seems he would rather die than say "I'm sorry, I was wrong." Is it pride or is it not?

2. If it is pride, who is the source of this pride... God or satan?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
Boomark:

Taaaa! I will continue to rebuke idol worship till tomorrow. All this jealousy, bitterness, shamelessness etc are they really for me? I don't think so.

Oh...how our zeal to condemn drives us far from God. Irrespective of your mode of worship of the christian God, if what comes from you is not from the father of truth, it will surely come from the father of lies. The spirit of truth is also the spirit of humility and that is the one called "LOVE". By their fruits we shall know them. Frosbel! only the truth shall set you free. When you're wrong, please say "Sorry,I'm wrong". That's christianity!Anything else is from the enemy.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by truthislight: 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Syncan:

Oh...how our zeal to condemn drives us far from God. Irrespective of your mode of worship of the christian God, if what comes from you is not from the father of truth, it will surely come from the father of lies. The spirit of truth is also the spirit of humility and that is the one called "LOVE". By their fruits we shall know them. Frosbel! only the truth shall set you free. When you're wrong, please say "Sorry,I'm wrong". That's christianity!Anything else is from the enemy.

So, minus the chant called "hail mary", the pope does not know Withing himself that Jesus is the head of Christianity?

It is really a shame.
How then will he even remember the father?
Was that the way of the apostles that basically sang Jesus christ to people?

Frosbel, the pope if he is a follower of christ, he should not have waited for a chant to remember his leader.

If the head is not digging on christ directly but madona in his first speech what do you expect from others?

Maybe he was too ashamed to mention the name of Jesus christ directly to the whole world watching.

Ok, he does not have christ dead body it seems.
Smh.

Beside, being a follower of christ even goes beyond the mentioning of christ name, you live it 24/7.

However, how will you direct the worldwide viewers to christ if you cant talk about christ to all of them directly?

Was it a political gathering or a christian one?

The truth is, if it is just the "hail mary" that brought up Jesus name, then the pope did not mention Jesus name in his personal speech and frosbel was right.

Is "hail mary" his personal speech?
Was "hail mary" not in use befor he the pope was born?

Was his speech the whole congregation speech?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
Interesting irony going on here. smiley

The new RC pope, AFAWK, believes that Jesus IS God.

He makes a speech in which he twice mentions the Lord.

By "the Lord" the RC pope is clearly referring to his God i.e. Jesus Christ.

We now have people who do NOT believe that Jesus is God --- criticising the new RC pope for not "mentioning" Jesus.

Incredibilé! smiley

cool

1 Like

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
If the Roman Catholics did not believe in the Trinity , they will cease to be Catholics.

The Pope has to believe in this false concept to be at the head of the apostate church.

Besides , he mentioned Lord and so what , does this explicitly translate to mean Jesus and even if it does , what Jesus is this. Is this Jesus the Son of God and Messiah or is this the Jesus of the trinity who was GOD and by inference not fully Human ?

The catholic church will continue to be a great deception and destroyer of the precious souls of MEN.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
Enigma: Interesting irony going on here. smiley

The new RC pope, AFAWK, believes that Jesus IS God.

He makes a speech in which he twice mentions the Lord.

By "the Lord" the RC pope is clearly referring to his God i.e. Jesus Christ.

We now have people who do NOT believe that Jesus is God --- criticising the new RC pope for not "mentioning" Jesus.

Incredibilé! smiley

cool

I wondered too.

Why they are so keen on the pope mentioning Jesus when they think Jesus was only a mere man.

Frustrated haters!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
italo:

I wondered too.

Why they are so keen on the pope mentioning Jesus when they think Jesus was only a mere man.

Frustrated haters!

Jesus is the Son of GOD, what is so complex about this ?

Even the demons that plague your church knew this and referred to him with the right title.

"He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God's name don't torture me!" - Mark 5:7

I am sure that if Jesus was Almighty God the demons would have had no qualms in calling him GOD.

Jesus himself said , numerous times that "the father is greater than I", "I can do nothing without the father" or, "all the works I do, the Father does through me".

Sorry chaps, my Jesus was not a Schizophrenic.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
Frosbel you are simply senseless. He didn't mention Jesus, and so what? Does that mean he doesn't believe in Jesus? Ur just a jobless ass lookin 4 wat 2say. Well itz normal. D catholic church has seen many of ur kind, no b 2day una start. But talk from now till 2moro. D church'll still STAND. Dis ur post hasn't made him not 2b Pope again.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Richieboyn: Frosbel you are simply senseless. He didn't mention Jesus, and so what? Does that mean he doesn't believe in Jesus? Ur just a jobless ass lookin 4 wat 2say. Well itz normal. D catholic church has seen many of ur kind, no b 2day una start. But talk from now till 2moro. D church'll still STAND. Dis ur post hasn't made him not 2b Pope again.

Even if he mentioned Jesus, which he did not explicitly by name, it is not the Jesus of the bible who he opposes in every possible way.

If you want to know about your POPE and the prophecy about him, read this :

"Don't be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed--the one who brings destruction." - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

By the way, I was once a leader in the catholic church, I can only thank God he brought me out of this LIE.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
musKeeto:
But they believe in the Trinity, don't they? And you don't. That's why Father can mean anything to you, while it covers The Three Musketeers for them. tongue

Just pulling your legs this morning.. off your thread.. smiley

you have a good point about the "trinity".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Hurt Anyone / The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.