Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect (8721 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
Boomark:

Why do you accuse me unjustly? Am careful not to insult anybody. Unless you are taking the truth i say as insults.

I have not called anybody, idi.ot, stu.pid, fool, madman, rubbis.h, etc. These are some of the things you have said to me personally. Yet you don't want to apologise(ubenedictus too).

idi.ot, stu.pid, fool, madman, rubbis.h, etc... Could it be that you are taking the truth I say as insults?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:

Apart from some of us whose religious status are already known on this forum,some anonymous persons who create threads to mock or deride protestants might just be catholics........abi??..........wink
abeg talk truth make devil shame, una just get weytin dey scratch una body wey make una dey open thread up and down even make arguement wey no make sense.
I just read one of such arguement by u where u seem to imply dat prayer stop been prayer when it is said on beads. So it is insane to compare ordinary prayer with those that were counted.
That is an example of d kind silly arguement una dey make.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
Boomark:

Why do you accuse me unjustly? Am careful not to insult anybody. Unless you are taking the truth i say as insults.

I have not called anybody, idi.ot, stu.pid, fool, madman, rubbis.h, etc. These are some of the things you have said to me personally. Yet you don't want to apologise(ubenedictus too).
bookmark i request u provide the posts wher i called u s.tupid, idiot, fool or madman. If u cant then i think u have an apology to give for false accusation.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
alexleo:

Its only those catholics who have not been infected by their virus that will see your proof and accept it. As for these ones here, their own case seems to have gone beyond repairs so dont waste much time showing them proof.
u still dey talk abi? On this thread u were shown d pope mentioned Jesus by name against frosbel insinuation and u came back to write "it doesnt count" "he was fulfilling a tradition".
You wu are dat baised still open ur mouth to claim someone is beyond repairs?
U serious at all? Before you make such comment why not look at yourself?
I'll stop here.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 4:19am On Mar 22, 2013
Ubenedictus: abeg talk truth make devil shame, una just get weytin dey scratch una body wey make una dey open thread up and down even make arguement wey no make sense.
I just read one of such arguement by u where u seem to imply dat prayer stop been prayer when it is said on beads. So it is insane to compare ordinary prayer with those that were counted.

U can imagine! Av nt even seen that sef.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ijawkid(m): 11:22am On Mar 22, 2013
Ubenedictus: abeg talk truth make devil shame, una just get weytin dey scratch una body wey make una dey open thread up and down even make arguement wey no make sense.

Does God accepts prayers said with the accompaniment of beads??.....the last time I checked only pagans prayed to there gods that way....you want to exhonorate the foolish use of the rosary in prayers??..aren't u ashamed of yourself??......

Besides you are reading a false confused meaning into what I said on that page.........the rosary is as good as a dead jarule chain..........I still can't differentiate between a catholic and a pagan anymore...

You guys use beads in worship,u guys bow down to death meat,you guys bow down to graven images day in day out.......you guys do all the things Jesus and the apostles never did.........

Can you please kindly tell me difference between a sango worshipper,a buddhist and a catholic??....angry.....
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ijawkid(m): 11:23am On Mar 22, 2013
Richieboyn:

U can imagine! Av nt even seen that sef.

How would you have seen it when you were busy at your lil shrine bowing before that tiny graven image of mary and the cross and repetitively reciting the hail mary mantra.....rubbish!!!!.......image here and there,........absolute idolatry......
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 11:55am On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

How would you have seen it when you were busy at your lil shrine bowing before that tiny graven image of mary and the cross and repetitively reciting the hail mary mantra.....rubbish!!!!.......image here and there,........absolute idolatry......

I am not suprised at all you are saying. No matter how much u try 2bathe a PIG like you, the PIG will always go back and lie in the mud. With a basket brain like the one you have, knowledge cannot be retained, and datz why everything we've been giving to you has been draining away. Well someone just told me not to argue with i.diots cos de'll drag me down to deir level and beat me with experience. I am not an id.iot so I may not be able 2put up with you. You can keep on making noise. May the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God interceed for you to her Son, to forgive you of your sins.

I will stop here. No time for i.diots.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ijawkid(m): 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Richieboyn:

I am not suprised at all you are saying. No matter how much u try 2bathe a PIG like you, the PIG will always go back and lie in the mud. With a basket brain like the one you have, knowledge cannot be retained, and datz why everything we've been giving to you has been draining away. Well someone just told me not to argue with i.diots cos de'll drag me down to deir level and beat me with experience. I am not an id.iot so I may not be able 2put up with you. You can keep on making noise. May the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God interceed for you to her Son, to forgive you of your sins.

I will stop here. No time for i.diots.

Hehehehehehe.............thank you....you might as well start calling Jesus an i-diot because he would be telling you the same exact things I'm telling you......

Quit the use of the rosary and the bowing down to a dead graven image......angry
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ubenedictus: bookmark i request u provide the posts wher i called u s.tupid, idiot, fool or madman. If u cant then i think u have an apology to give for false accusation.

why not do the noble thing and apologize. italo and Richieboyn, who insulted me few minutes days ago will say the same thing and i woun't go searching for those numerous insults.

In your heart you know how much you have insulted me. Are you no longer a christian? why are you trying to be like logicboy03?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
italo:

idi.ot, stu.pid, fool, madman, rubbis.h, etc... Could it be that you are taking the truth I say as insults?

I know you are unrepentant insulter of the Saints. angry
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Hehehehehehe.............thank you....you might as well start calling Jesus an i-diot because he would be telling you the same exact things I'm telling you......

Quit the use of the rosary and the bowing down to a dead graven image......angry

MUMU oooooo
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Boomark:

why not do the noble thing and apologize. italo and Richieboyn, who insulted me few minutes days ago will say the same thing and i woun't go searching for those numerous insults.

In your heart you know how much you have insulted me. Are you no longer a christian? why are you trying to be like logicboy03?

Why will I deny the fact that I insulted you? I'm not denying. I did so because you deserve to be insulted. You are a MUMU. Because you claim 2kw, but u don't know, and you don't wnt to kw. And ur making noise all over d place. What other word is better 2use in describing you than MUMU? It fits you very well. My name is Bookmark, but my guy name is MUMU.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
Richieboyn:

Why will I deny the fact that I insulted you? I'm not denying. I did so because you deserve to be insulted. You are a MUMU. Because you claim 2kw, but u don't know, and you don't wnt to kw. And ur making noise all over d place. What other word is better 2use in describing you than MUMU? It fits you very well. My name is Bookmark, but my guy name is MUMU.

cry cry cry
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Does God accepts prayers said with the accompaniment of beads??.....the last time I checked only pagans prayed to there gods that way....you want to exhonorate the foolish use of the rosary in prayers??..aren't u ashamed of yourself??......

Besides you are reading a false confused meaning into what I said on that page.........the rosary is as good as a dead jarule chain..........I still can't differentiate between a catholic and a pagan anymore...

You guys use beads in worship,u guys bow down to death meat,you guys bow down to graven images day in day out.......you guys do all the things Jesus and the apostles never did.........

Can you please kindly tell me difference between a sango worshipper,a buddhist and a catholic??....angry.....
una see weytin i dey talk? Ijawkid is now God, he says God doesn't answer prayers said with beads.
Ijawkid sumtin dey scratch ya for body na e make u no fit talk truth.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
Boomark:

bookmark are you now God that searches the heart? If u cant provide the quote where i said that then shame on you!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ubenedictus: bookmark are you now God that searches the heart? If u cant provide the quote where i said that then shame on you!

With this i believe you woun't insult me again. e remain italo and the other madman.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Boomark:

With this i believe you woun't insult me again. e remain italo and the other madman.
i put it to you that i have not insulted you before.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 10:01am On Mar 23, 2013
@ Ubenedictus

Do you agree with the statement below? Or do you think such statements should be corrected and discouraged so as to prevent the spreading of falsehoods?

Richieboyn: . . . . This Bible, u are always talking about, u have forgotten it was FIRST written by the Catholics abi? . . . .

smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Boomark(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: i put it to you that i have not insulted you before.

ok
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
Enigma: @ Ubenedictus

Do you agree with the statement below? Or do you think such statements should be corrected and discouraged so as to prevent the spreading of falsehoods?

smiley

The New Testament, not the Old, was written by Catholics for Catholics.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
italo:

The New Testament, not the Old, was written by Catholics for Catholics.

Yes indeed! The catholics referred to below! smiley

Westminster Confession of Faith

Chapter XXV
Of the Church

I. The catholic or universal Church, which is invisible, consists of the whole number of the elect, that have been, are, or shall be gathered into one, under Christ the Head thereof; and is the spouse, the body, the fulness of Him that fills all in all.

II. The visible Church, which is also catholic or universal under the Gospel (not confined to one nation, as before under the law), consists of all those throughout the world that profess the true religion; and of their children: and is the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, the house and family of God, out of which there is no ordinary possibility of salvation.

III. Unto this catholic visible Church Christ has given the ministry, oracles, and ordinances of God, for the gathering and perfecting of the saints, in this life, to the end of the world: and does, by His own presence and Spirit, according to His promise, make them effectual thereunto.

IV. This catholic Church has been sometimes more, sometimes less visible. And particular Churches, which are members thereof, are more or less pure, according as the doctrine of the Gospel is taught and embraced, ordinances administered, and public worship performed more or less purely in them.

V. The purest Churches under heaven are subject both to mixture and error; and some have so degenerated, as to become no Churches of Christ, but synagogues of Satan. Nevertheless, there shall be always a Church on earth to worship God according to His will.[12]

VI. There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor can the Pope of Rome, in any sense, be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalts himself, in the Church, against Christ and all that is called God.

Hallelujah! Thank God for the catholic Church; thank God for the Church catholic. smiley

cool
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Long live the catholic church!!
Long live the holy father!!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44: Long live the catholic church!!
Long live the holy father!!
and long live ur foolishness
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Richieboyn: 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
Segeggs: and long live ur foolishness

can't u c dt ur not mature?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Westminster Confession of Faith :

Chapter XXV
Of the Church

I. The catholic or universal Church, which is invisible, consists of the whole number of the elect, that have been, are, or shall be gathered into one, under Christ the Head thereof; and is the spouse, the body, the fulness of Him that fills all in all.

II. The visible Church, which is also catholic or universal under the Gospel (not confined to one nation, as before under the law), consists of all those throughout the world that profess the true religion; and of their children: and is the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, the house and family of God, out of which there is no ordinary possibility of salvation.

III. Unto this catholic visible Church Christ has given the ministry, oracles, and ordinances of God, for the gathering and perfecting of the saints, in this life, to the end of the world: and does, by His own presence and Spirit, according to His promise, make them effectual thereunto.

IV. This catholic Church has been sometimes more, sometimes less visible. And particular Churches, which are members thereof, are more or less pure, according as the doctrine of the Gospel is taught and embraced, ordinances administered, and public worship performed more or less purely in them.

V. The purest Churches under heaven are subject both to mixture and error; and some have so degenerated, as to become no Churches of Christ, but synagogues of Satan. Nevertheless, there shall be always a Church on earth to worship God according to His will.[12]

VI. There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor can the Pope of Rome, in any sense, be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalts himself, in the Church, against Christ and all that is called God.

Yeah, coming from a church that came into being due to the hard hardheartedness of an Adulterous king, and that in our times affirms the election of a homosexual bishop...Why am i not surprised at the slander on the Pope. I'll allow anyone who cares to dissect this and trash afterwards.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 24, 2013
Syncan:

Yeah, coming from a church that came into being due to the hard hardheartedness of an Adulterous king, and that in our times affirms the election of a homosexual bishop...Why am i not surprised at the slander on the Pope. I'll allow anyone who cares to dissect this and trash afterwards.

Well they are honestly , though wrongly homosexual , not like the RCC that is packed full of p.edophiles , while the so called Holy Man of god sweeps their gross misdeeds under the carpet.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 12:32am On Mar 24, 2013
And funny enough there will only be slander on their "pope" according to that Westminster Confession if the "pope" claims to be Head of the Church and therefore pit himself against Christ. (Or if the pope's followers so pit him against Christ)

You know what is more interesting? A former Roman Catholic "pope" said pretty much the same thing in other circumstances. smiley

From the words of Gregory I or Gregory the Great/the Dialogist then as simply Bishop of Rome (or according to Roman Catholics, "Pope" Gregory I).

I say it without the least hesitation, whoever calls himself the universal bishop, or desires this title, is, by his pride, the precursor of Antichrist, because he thus attempts to raise himself above the others. The error into which he falls springs from pride equal to that of Antichrist; for as that Wicked One wished to be regarded as exalted above other men, like a god, so likewise whoever would be called sole bishop exalteth himself above others....You know it, my brother; hath not the venerable Council of Chalcedon conferred the honorary title of 'universal' upon the bishops of this Apostolic See [Rome], whereof I am, by God's will, the servant? And yet none of us hath permitted this title to be given to him; none hath assumed this bold title, lest by assuming a special distinction in the dignity of the episcopate, we should seem to refuse it to all the brethren.

cool
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 24, 2013
In his official documents, Gregory was the first to make extensive use of the term "Servant of the Servants of God" (servus servorum Dei) as a papal title, thus initiating a practice that was to be followed by most subsequent popes.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Gregory_I
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 8:57am On Mar 24, 2013
frosbel:

Well they are honestly , though wrongly homosexual , not like the RCC that is packed full of p.edophiles , while the so called Holy Man of god sweeps their gross misdeeds under the carpet.

Now again frosbel, "say the truth always, it shall set you free" this is one thing I have hammered through out your post to you. Now you say again that it is better to institutionalize a sin, rather than be ashamed of it. Please Frosbel, for your sake, say the truth always!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Syncan(m): 9:22am On Mar 24, 2013
Enigma: And funny enough there will only be slander on their "pope" according to that Westminster Confession if the "pope" claims to be Head of the Church and therefore pit himself against Christ. (Or if the pope's followers so pit him against Christ)

You know what is more interesting? A former Roman Catholic "pope" said pretty much the same thing in other circumstances. smiley

From the words of Gregory I or Gregory the Great/the Dialogist then as simply Bishop of Rome (or according to Roman Catholics, "Pope" Gregory I).

cool

Exactly my point. Gregory 1 is seen here affirming the humility of past popes and exhorting the future ones to follow same. But The Westminster version, instead of exhorting the Archbishop of Canterbury, decided to delve into another territory. If you cannot see the difference in the two then it's your making.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Ubenedictus(m): 9:27am On Mar 24, 2013
Enigma: @ Ubenedictus

smiley
i agree with it somewhat. The correct thing is, catholics wrote the bible. Technically the apostles were catholics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)? / Why You Shouldn't Hurt Anyone / The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.